New York Country Club Reviews

62 | Spring Valley, NY

62 Reviews for New York Country Club

• User2320976 · 2+ years ago

The country club is beautiful with an amazing ambiance in both the cocktail hour and reception rooms. The grounds are breathtaking and perfect for every picture that you could dream of. The food is delicious and versatile to satisfy every craving. The entire club is yours for the night as they only host one wedding at a time. But the most amazing part about NYCC is the staff lead by the event coordinator, Seth. He is extremely responsive and flexible. He aims to fulfill every desire of both the bride and groom. We had such a great experience from day one of planning until the last minute of our amazing wedding night. I would highly recommend NYCC to anyone who wants to enjoy planning their unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2012

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Seth and the entire NY Country Club staff. From the moment we booked our wedding a year ago until the wedding was over, Seth couldn't have been more accomodating, responsive or professional. He truly allowed us to have the most incredible wedding day. Planning a wedding long distance wasn't an easy task but he really made the process less daunting. I wouldn't hesitate to rec. Seth and the entire NY Country Club staff to anyone. If you want a truly classy NY wedding, NYCC is the way to go.

Sent on 07/23/2012

This venue is great and gives off a nice rustic feel in the inside. There is a lot of rock on the walls and not to much gold. From the outside covered patio you are able to see the city skyline. The food is amazing and service is just as good. Love this place can't wait to go back for my sisters wedding next summer.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2011

Seth was great and the location was beautiful and we loved it.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011

We had our June wedding at the New York Country Club and everything about our day was perfect. Seth, the banquet manager worked closely with us for over a year to develop our menu and plan the day. He really listened to our ideas, and gave us honest feedback without being pushy. We visited 10 other locations before we decided on the NYCC and one of the big draws for us was that the space is so beautiful and smartly laid out. We were able to hold our cocktail hour on the outdoor patio and the reception in the main room. Even though we ended up having a gorgeous day, our minds were at ease beforehand knowing that even if it poured, we wouldn’t need to adjust anything about the arrangement since their outdoor patio is fully covered. The high ceilings and huge windows in the main room made it feel incredibly light and airy – we had over 200 guests and no one could believe it because the room never felt crowded. The food was incredible, acoustics for our live bands in the main room and on the patio were great and we found the price to be very competitive.

Sent on 12/16/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding October 1, 2016 at the NYCC. Eric was very accommodating with all our questions and concerns leading up to the big day. Due to weather, we had a game changer of having the reception inside and it was absolutely beautiful and then Eric's team was able to turnover the room as quick as possible for a 200 person ceremony. The food was great and plentiful! Our bridal attendant Melissa made sure that my husband and I were able to actually eat at the cocktail hour and was very attentive and thoughtful throughout the night. Our guests were all seated comfortably and all tables fit in the ballroom so there was no exclusion. The night/day of the venue was gorgeous, our guests are still raving about it! All in all, i highly recommend the New York Country Club!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

Ellen and her staff were professional and courteous throughout the course of our wedding on May 18, 2013. They were always there when we needed them, making our evening smooth and fun for us. Everyone did a fantastic job - people are STILL talking about the food and how fun the wedding was (at the end of August 2013). It was nice not to have to worry about anything that night - Ellen and her staff took care of it all. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2013
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/13/2018

It was exactly what we hoped for!

Prior to settling on a venue, we had hoped to have our ceremony outdoors. We knew that the weather was something we couldn't control, and when we had asked other venues what their "rain option/Plan B" was, we weren't thrilled. What we loved about NY Country Club was that we could have the ceremony outside even if it rained because they have an overhang. Not to mention the beautiful views of the golf course, fall foliage (We got married in October), and the view of the NYC skyline also helped our decision. In addition to all of this, NYCC had just gone through a renovation, and the finished product was even better than when we saw and liked beforehand! The maitre d', Eric, was a pleasure to work with. He was always so responsive and accommodating to all our questions/requests. We never had a concern that our day would not be perfect. The food was absolutely fantastic, and what was nice was we were able to do a food tasting prior to solidifying our decision, which no other venue that we saw did (We had seen 11 venues in total!). Overall, we were incredibly happy with our decision and had an absolutely perfect day all thanks to NY Country Club!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2011

The New York Country Club is an excellent place to get married. The food is amazing and the venue is gorgeous. Seth was easy to work with and flexible on ideas and suggestions that we made. If your looking for a beautiful venue, with great food, and nice views - NY Country Club is very affordable for the local area depending on your wants and needs. The only negative comment I can make occured towards the end of our wedding when the service was stopped on the dot and lights turned on with no negotiations and we couldnt play our last song. This was dissapointing because everything prior to this was very good and we were told becayse they made a small mistake on our food we could have an extra half hour which was not true.

Sent on 02/28/2012

Kait M. · Married on 06/15/2019

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

Venue & Catering Staff Amazing!! GM? Not at all

With our golf themed wedding, the views and golf course were amazing, food was great and the catering staff was wonderful, s/o to Christina who helped us all night!

But my groom and I cannot stop thinking about how the GM treated us and our vendors. Seth was pushy, indifferent and very rude to us, our photographers, and DJ. Prior to our date, he was negligent in answering our emails (not a deal breaker, but hurt us) or returning phone calls in a timely manner. We were very disappointed in the way we were spoken to on the day of our wedding by Seth since we had put so much time, effort and money into our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. Aside from the GM Seth, everything else was what we hoped for.

With my husband being in the golf industry, and having worked/works at country clubs, he knows how events should be run and how clients should be spoken to and treated. Unfortunately, our expectations were diminished due to Seth and his demeanor all night long. It is unfortunate we are left with these feelings.

We started our initial planning with the Matrie’d who decided to pursue another job elsewhere prior to our wedding day. We love NYCC for their catering staff, kitchen staff, views of the skyline, and the grounds of the golf course, but we will not be looking to work with Seth if we ever decide to use NYCC again for another gathering.

Sent on 08/08/2019

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

Gorgeous venue with an amazing ceremony room that overlooks the golf course. We had a winter wedding and it provided a very warm and homey feel, while still being elegant. Unfortunately, that’s about all the positive things I had to say about this place… please read:

Seth is the catering director. It pains me to say that when we think back on our wedding, we remember Seth’s mistakes, lack of professionalism, and poor attitude. Below is a list of things went wrong during the wedding. If you are seriously considering this place, I urge you to continue reading:

Seth was inattentive and unhelpful on our day. His overall demeanor was that he could never be wrong and we felt he was condescending. He kept mentioning that we were the biggest wedding bridal/groom party he had ever had and seemed unequipped at handling it. He complained we “drank him dry” and cut off shots in the middle of the party.

Seth promised a bridal attendant would take care of the bridal party. He said he’d have a “great” backup at our final walkthrough as the original was unavailable. On the day of my wedding I was introduced to my “bridal attendant”, who turned out to be a waitress at our party. I didn't see her until she served me dinner later that night - we confronted Seth and he admitted it was his mistake.

Seth got into a screaming match with our band (who were amazing) because he wanted the salads served at a certain time and cut off the music MID SONG. He later got into a screaming match with the band leader in front of us, and walked away when they tried to make amends.

He forgot the challah after saying he would provide one. There was no Ha-Motzi as a result.

He quoted us for a sushi display, then said it was a mistake and wouldn't honor the price he emailed us saying it was.

We paid for "unlimited pizzas" at the end of the party. Guests told us they were "mini pizza bagels that ran out immediately". He confirmed they "are for everyone and will not run out".

Sent on 05/16/2016

New York Country Club's reply:

I am very disappointed to hear about your overall experience at New York Country Club. It is particularly disturbing to find that your level of service was compromised under Seth's watch, as he generally has received only rave reviews as long as I have been at New York Country Club. As the General Manager, my main job is ensuring each of the managers of each department uphold the high standards we set for all facets of our business. To that end, Seth’s performance running events was never a cause for concern for me in the past, and I did not hear from him about any potential issues regarding any of the winter weddings we hosted.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to discuss the matter with Seth, as he left New York Country Club at the end of February. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and see if I can find a reason for why you received the level of service that you did from Seth.

As you mentioned in your opening paragraph, New York Country Club is a beautiful venue, from the clubhouse to the grounds, and the service typically matches it. I welcome the opportunity for you to speak with either myself or the new catering director and ensure there will not be any further negative experiences for future wedding clients.

Randi · Married on 10/29/2017

0.8
      1.5
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I scheduled an appointment with Eric for Sunday 8/20/16. I explained I was coming from out of town and my parents moved to Florida several years ago. We were coming from another wedding out of state, looking at venues on the way back for my wedding, and late Sunday afternoon was the only time we would be able to come. I appreciated the fact that he wasn't working but said he lived locally and would come for the appointment. I didn't get a confirmation from Eric confirming the appointment but I figured since we spoke about it a week or so prior and he sent me an email with all of the information, it would be fine. As I was on my way to NYCC, I called to confirm the appointment also stating we may be a few minutes late. He texted me a half hour later stating he wouldn't be able to make it as something came up. I understand that life gets in the way and things happen but he knew I was coming from out of town and I highly doubt something came up within that half hour I called him to confirm. If I never called Eric and just showed up at NYCC, I would have been waiting for my appointment. I was extremely excited to check out this venue and now I don't know when I will be back in Rockland to do so. I am very disappointed with the service and how it was handled. I did leave a message for the manager in hopes he will return my call but in the mean time, I don't think I will be heading back to check out this particular venue. If you schedule an appointment in the future, I recommend confirming with Eric before showing up.

Sent on 08/22/2016