New York Country Club Reviews

New York Country Club 6
New York Country Club 7
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/13/2018

It was exactly what we hoped for!

Prior to settling on a venue, we had hoped to have our ceremony outdoors. We knew that the weather was something we couldn't control, and when we had asked other venues what their "rain option/Plan B" was, we weren't thrilled. What we loved about NY Country Club was that we could have the ceremony outside even if it rained because they have an overhang. Not to mention the beautiful views of the golf course, fall foliage (We got married in October), and the view of the NYC skyline also helped our decision. In addition to all of this, NYCC had just gone through a renovation, and the finished product was even better than when we saw and liked beforehand! The maitre d', Eric, was a pleasure to work with. He was always so responsive and accommodating to all our questions/requests. We never had a concern that our day would not be perfect. The food was absolutely fantastic, and what was nice was we were able to do a food tasting prior to solidifying our decision, which no other venue that we saw did (We had seen 11 venues in total!). Overall, we were incredibly happy with our decision and had an absolutely perfect day all thanks to NY Country Club!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    New York Country Club 8

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2011

The New York Country Club is an excellent place to get married. The food is amazing and the venue is gorgeous. Seth was easy to work with and flexible on ideas and suggestions that we made. If your looking for a beautiful venue, with great food, and nice views - NY Country Club is very affordable for the local area depending on your wants and needs. The only negative comment I can make occured towards the end of our wedding when the service was stopped on the dot and lights turned on with no negotiations and we couldnt play our last song. This was dissapointing because everything prior to this was very good and we were told becayse they made a small mistake on our food we could have an extra half hour which was not true.

Sent on 02/28/2012

Kait Mallett · Married on 06/15/2019

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

Venue & Catering Staff Amazing!! GM? Not at all

With our golf themed wedding, the views and golf course were amazing, food was great and the catering staff was wonderful, s/o to Christina who helped us all night!

But my groom and I cannot stop thinking about how the GM treated us and our vendors. Seth was pushy, indifferent and very rude to us, our photographers, and DJ. Prior to our date, he was negligent in answering our emails (not a deal breaker, but hurt us) or returning phone calls in a timely manner. We were very disappointed in the way we were spoken to on the day of our wedding by Seth since we had put so much time, effort and money into our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. Aside from the GM Seth, everything else was what we hoped for.

With my husband being in the golf industry, and having worked/works at country clubs, he knows how events should be run and how clients should be spoken to and treated. Unfortunately, our expectations were diminished due to Seth and his demeanor all night long. It is unfortunate we are left with these feelings.

We started our initial planning with the Matrie’d who decided to pursue another job elsewhere prior to our wedding day. We love NYCC for their catering staff, kitchen staff, views of the skyline, and the grounds of the golf course, but we will not be looking to work with Seth if we ever decide to use NYCC again for another gathering.

Sent on 08/08/2019

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

Gorgeous venue with an amazing ceremony room that overlooks the golf course. We had a winter wedding and it provided a very warm and homey feel, while still being elegant. Unfortunately, that’s about all the positive things I had to say about this place… please read:

Seth is the catering director. It pains me to say that when we think back on our wedding, we remember Seth’s mistakes, lack of professionalism, and poor attitude. Below is a list of things went wrong during the wedding. If you are seriously considering this place, I urge you to continue reading:

Seth was inattentive and unhelpful on our day. His overall demeanor was that he could never be wrong and we felt he was condescending. He kept mentioning that we were the biggest wedding bridal/groom party he had ever had and seemed unequipped at handling it. He complained we “drank him dry” and cut off shots in the middle of the party.

Seth promised a bridal attendant would take care of the bridal party. He said he’d have a “great” backup at our final walkthrough as the original was unavailable. On the day of my wedding I was introduced to my “bridal attendant”, who turned out to be a waitress at our party. I didn't see her until she served me dinner later that night - we confronted Seth and he admitted it was his mistake.

Seth got into a screaming match with our band (who were amazing) because he wanted the salads served at a certain time and cut off the music MID SONG. He later got into a screaming match with the band leader in front of us, and walked away when they tried to make amends.

He forgot the challah after saying he would provide one. There was no Ha-Motzi as a result.

He quoted us for a sushi display, then said it was a mistake and wouldn't honor the price he emailed us saying it was.

We paid for "unlimited pizzas" at the end of the party. Guests told us they were "mini pizza bagels that ran out immediately". He confirmed they "are for everyone and will not run out".

Sent on 05/16/2016

New York Country Club's reply:

I am very disappointed to hear about your overall experience at New York Country Club. It is particularly disturbing to find that your level of service was compromised under Seth's watch, as he generally has received only rave reviews as long as I have been at New York Country Club. As the General Manager, my main job is ensuring each of the managers of each department uphold the high standards we set for all facets of our business. To that end, Seth’s performance running events was never a cause for concern for me in the past, and I did not hear from him about any potential issues regarding any of the winter weddings we hosted.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to discuss the matter with Seth, as he left New York Country Club at the end of February. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and see if I can find a reason for why you received the level of service that you did from Seth.

As you mentioned in your opening paragraph, New York Country Club is a beautiful venue, from the clubhouse to the grounds, and the service typically matches it. I welcome the opportunity for you to speak with either myself or the new catering director and ensure there will not be any further negative experiences for future wedding clients.

Randi · Married on 10/29/2017

0.8
      1.5
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I scheduled an appointment with Eric for Sunday 8/20/16. I explained I was coming from out of town and my parents moved to Florida several years ago. We were coming from another wedding out of state, looking at venues on the way back for my wedding, and late Sunday afternoon was the only time we would be able to come. I appreciated the fact that he wasn't working but said he lived locally and would come for the appointment. I didn't get a confirmation from Eric confirming the appointment but I figured since we spoke about it a week or so prior and he sent me an email with all of the information, it would be fine. As I was on my way to NYCC, I called to confirm the appointment also stating we may be a few minutes late. He texted me a half hour later stating he wouldn't be able to make it as something came up. I understand that life gets in the way and things happen but he knew I was coming from out of town and I highly doubt something came up within that half hour I called him to confirm. If I never called Eric and just showed up at NYCC, I would have been waiting for my appointment. I was extremely excited to check out this venue and now I don't know when I will be back in Rockland to do so. I am very disappointed with the service and how it was handled. I did leave a message for the manager in hopes he will return my call but in the mean time, I don't think I will be heading back to check out this particular venue. If you schedule an appointment in the future, I recommend confirming with Eric before showing up.

Sent on 08/22/2016