New York Country Club Reviews

New York Country Club 5
New York Country Club 6
New York Country Club 7

Brianne · Married on 10/10/2014

My husband and I recently got married at the New York Country Club in New Hempstead, NY. We will continue for the rest of our lives talking together with our friends and families about how amazing our wedding day was.
    The New York Country Club has surpassed our expectations. The food was amazing, the atmosphere and view is breathtaking, the facility is neat and updated and the service provided was amazing.
    Kiah, the event coordinator at the facility was beyond amazing and did everything and anything to make sure our wedding day was perfect. Before the wedding she made sure to cover every detail with us and made sure that anything we wanted or needed was taken care of. The day of the wedding, she was on top of everything. Never on top of us but seemed to be present as soon as it seemed we need something, even as little as a drink.

For anyone getting married, I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. You will have the most magical wedding day of your life!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Our experience with the New York Country Club couldn't have been any better. Kiah is wonderful to work with. She is energetic, flexible, and easy to reach. The food was fantastic. Our tasting only made us realize that we couldn't go wrong with out menu selection. The grounds are beautiful. Our guests are astonished by how great and fun the service was, and also just how beautiful the venue is. I already have, and will continue to recommend the New York Country Club for future brides!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/27/2014

Could not say better things about New York Country Club! Kiah was beyond helpful and flexible and the whole staff was so friendly the day of. The grounds are perfect and the food was amazing! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

There is no way this review can do justice to the INCREDIBLE job that Ellen and her staff at NYCC did on my November 2nd wedding. As a bit of a control freak planning from afar (I live in Washington, DC), I was so thrilled with NYCC from start to finish.

We actually signed our contract in large part because of the former catering director. I was very nervous when he left and a new director was hired several months before my event. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise -- Ellen is AMAZING -- she is organized, responsive, supportive, reassuring.. she is truly a gem. I never had any issue getting in touch with her, she always gave me honest and helpful feedback and perhaps best of all, she put me at ease the week and day of my wedding. I think all brides need an Ellen in their lives :)

Our guests are still raving about the amazing food from both the cocktail hour and the dinner. Everything is delicious!! Many people have told me that they've never had such tasty meals at a large catered event. The service is also incredible -- every table has their own waiter and all of our guests said they didn't have to wait long for ANYTHING (food, drink, etc.). They even were considerate of food allergies!

NYCC offers beautiful grounds and decor -- so the space speaks for itself. To have such spectacular service on top of that really makes it the perfect venue. You won't be disappointed if you choose to work with Ellen and the team!!

Sent on 12/03/2013

I stumbled upon NYCC on a random search for wedding venues. My (now) husband and I needed a venue that fit our budget, but still met the needs of a 200 person wedding and a unique sense of style that didn't feel like every other wedding we had been going to. When we booked NYCC, we had our doubts--committing to a venue was way harder than committing to a man! Then, Ellen was hired, and all doubts disappeared. She, and the rest of the staff, made the event PERFECT. She was timely, attentive to detail, creative, and accommodating. Anything we requested, she found a way to make it work And that was just the planning process! The night of our wedding went without a hitch. All of our guests raved about the beauty of the location, the quality of the food, and the diligence of the staff. I look back on the day without a single regret. I HIGHLY recommend NYCC as venue for any occasion.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with New York Country Club, Ellen and the staff. Everything was perfect and beyond what we had expected. The weather ended up not being so great, but the place still looked beautiful and the fact that there is an air conditioned semi/outside cocktail hour made it even better. The food is amazing and the reception space was a perfect size for our 230+ wedding! Ellen was so amazing.. within the first hour of our wedding my husband stepped on my dress and the whole bustle came off and Ellen was right there to sew my dress! She did everything flawlessly!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with New York Country Club, Ellen and the staff for our wedding on 9/1/13. Everything was perfect and beyond what we had expected. The weather ended up not being so great, but the place still looked beautiful and the fact that there is an air conditioned semi/outside cocktail hour made it even better. The food is amazing and the reception space was a perfect size for our 230+ wedding! Ellen was so amazing.. within the first hour of our wedding my husband stepped on my dress and the whole bustle came off and Ellen was right there to sew my dress! She did everything flawlessly! We are still getting complimented on how great our wedding was and how beautiful NYCC is! I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding, so thank you to Ellen and her staff! We would definitely recommend NYCC to anyone who wants to get married with a beautiful scenery and delicious food!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Phil · Married on 08/09/2013

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon and are still getting messages about how great the wedding at New York Country Club was. Working with Ellen was fantastic as she was more than accommodating and always responded quickly to any (and we had a lot) of emails/phone calls/questions. The venue looked beautiful and every last detail that we had planned was perfect. We received a lot of positive feedback about the food and the presentation. Ellen and her crew were very flexible and extremely easy to work with. We 100% recommend NYCC for your special day.

Eric · Married on 08/03/2013

New York Country Club throws a great wedding. Staff was amazing. Made the entire day smooth and painless! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/22/2013

My husband and I got married on July 14, 2013 at the New York Country Club. Words cannot express how happy we are with this venue. All aspects of the day from the grounds for the pictures, to the ceremony, to the cocktail hour to reception were amazing! Ellen Jones, the club's event manager, is a classy, full service and detail oriented person to work with for your most important day. She saw us through our entire day and was extremely generous with her time. She is a confident and effective leader, always supportive but never overbearing. She knows how to maximize the beauty of the spaces' elements. Her staff, both wait and kitchen, were fantastic. The food is excellent! All guests raved about how delicious the food was both at the cocktail hour and during dinner. Ellen will work with you and make appropriate recommendations when designing your wedding day menu. Ellen is new to the NYCC but brings her years of experience to the club adding guest friendly elements such as a "coffee to go" bar at the end of the evening. We, in part, picked this venue because we got married in the summer and wanted options for indoor ceremony and pictures should the weather not allow for outdoor time. The patio, enclosed by glass, allowed for our guests to be cooled by the AC during our ceremony while being able to look out & enjoy the surrounding greenery and mountains. The space is fluid and allows for continuity throughout your event while entertaining the guests in different spaces for each part of the wedding day. Ellen is great about working with your other vendors to ensure excellent service and accuracy. She's able to respond quickly to any last minute snafus like dress issues, table setting adjustments, etc (which all happened to us.) The value, service, and options the space the NYCC provides makes it a "must buy" for anyone planning their wedding in the tri-state area.

Sent on 08/04/2013

We had our reception at New York Country Club on Saturday, July 13, 2013. One of my friends suggested New York Country Club and I had never heard of it. I immediately loved it. It had the laid back country club vibe I was looking for with a lot of class too. It seemed to fit my style perfectly. One of the best parts of the venue is the cocktail space. I wanted an outdoor cocktail hour but also realized it might rain. New York Country Club's space is perfect because it's a huge glass room that overlooks the golf course. It allows you to feel outside even though you are in a perfectly air conditioned space. Sure enough, it poured during our cocktail hour and everything worked out fine.

Leading up to the wedding, Ellen was so wonderful to work with. I can't say enough about her...she really went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. She is so sweet and knows how important the day is. She also knows her stuff. It is obvious that she has a lot of experience in the catering field.

On the day of our wedding, we arrived 2 1/2 hours early. We were greeted with food and drinks. We took most of our pictures on the golf course just before the rain started. Everyone at the club was so nice and accommodating. Soon enough, our reception began. The whole night was FLAWLESS. Not one thing went wrong. Ellen and her staff were awesome and she frequently checked in with me and my husband.

Everyone raved about how great the food was...our guests are still telling us that everything was delicious. New York Country Club is truly a hidden gem in Rockland County. You won't be disappointed....and make sure you work with Ellen...she's the best!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Christie & James · Married on 07/12/2013

NYCC was an amazing venue; we are so happy that we chose to have our wedding reception here! Ellen was fantastic to work with throughout the planning process. She was always very professional, easily approachable, very friendly, and extremely reliable. The day of our reception all services were beyond our expectations. The staff was great--always checking on us to see if we needed anything, as well as providing exceptional service to our guests. The food was incredible; in fact, guests keep telling us how delicious everything was. Without a doubt, we highly recommend NYCC for any event. It is quite obvious they take pride in their work, as well reflected in their services. Thank you to Ellen and the NYCC staff for helping make our special day a perfect day!

Jen · Married on 06/29/2013

The New York Country Club was such an amazing venue for our wedding. Ellen is so amazing to work with. It was clear from the beginning that she knew her stuff. She made us feel so comfortable and our special day ran 100% smooth. The views are spectacular and the set up for the ceremony and reception were perfect. We really thought the food was outstanding and so did our guests. We were able to eat all the food from the cocktail hour and she made us plates of everything. The whole staff constantly checked on us throughout the night. Everything about our wedding day was perfect. Our friends and family are still talking about how perfect the day was and how much they loved the New York Country Club. The New York Country Club is absolutely the best venue for a wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2013

James · Married on 06/22/2013

Had our wedding here on 6/22/13. Nothing but raves from everyone about all of the food, drinks, and service. Had an absolutely perfect day and would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the area. The servers go above and beyond to help with everything possible to make the day as perfect as could be.

Andrea · Married on 06/01/2013

Ellen and the entire staff at New York Country Club were amazing to work with. She made sure our wedding day was the dream that we envisioned, offered useful tips and listened to our wants with patience. Our day was completely flawless thanks to New York Country Club. Every detail was well executed, and the ballroom turned out better than we imagined. Our guests raved about the beauty of the club, quality of food and outstanding professionalism by all of the staff. Most guests are still talking about our party over 3 months later! Our bridal attendant was also extremely attentive throughout the day, making sure we had a chance to eat the amazing offerings from cocktail hour to dessert.

Ellen's poise and grace made us completely confident and set all of our worries at ease. I would highly recommend New York Country Club to any bride.

Sent on 09/13/2013
  • User3205272 · 2+ years ago

From the moment we first went to preview the New York Country Club, we knew it was the place we wanted to get married, and it met 100% of our expectations. Throughout our wedding planning process they were attentive to our wants and needs, and were always available to meet and discuss our upcoming wedding. A few things to note:
    -Ellen was fantastic to work with! She was extremely professional, and really easy to work with. If you can, make sure she's there the night of your wedding - she knows her stuff!
    -The golf club staff is wonderful! We wanted to take photos on the golf course, and Gary helped coordinate and tour us around. We're going to have some fantastic photos, thanks to their assistance!
    -The food was unbelievable!! The menu is mouth watering, and you're going to have a tough time choosing from all of the options. The food was 5-star, NYC restaurant quality!
    -The venue itself is gorgeous. The room held all 164 of my guests, and was really spacious and elegant. There are two bridal suites - a gorgeous room on the main level that resembles a library, and a brand new room on the lower level with it's own private bathroom.
    -The ceremony area is in an enclosed all-weather porch with windows overlooking the golf course. It was absolutely perfect and is great for those who don't want to risk having their wedding outside.
    -The cocktail hour area is huge - you have so many options and areas to sit - outside on the terrace, in the ceremony room, inside near the baby grand piano, etc. It was just perfect!

Overall we had an amazing wedding at the NYCC. The price was right, and Ellen was fantastic to work with. From the moment we arrived at NYCC, the entire staff was devoted to making our wedding day perfect for us. If you're looking for a country-club, golf course wedding, this is the place to visit. I would highly, highly recommend checking this venue out!

Thanks again for everything Ellen and the staff at NYCC!! - Stacy & Jason

Sent on 05/28/2013

Julie · Married on 05/04/2013

Ellen and her team at New York Country Club exceeded our expectations for my wedding!! They were very professional, flexible with requests and easy to work with. From the planning stages, to the day of, everything was done completely to our satisfaction and beyond. I'm an event planner and plan events at many different venues so I have an eye for certain details and I couldn't have been happier with my choice to hold my wedding at NYCC. New York Country Club had everything we could possibly want in a venue. A large and gorgeous space overlooking the golf course for our cocktail hour, a beautiful/spacious ballroom for our reception, an amazing backdrop to take our wedding photos and exceptional food! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was as well as the beautiful presentation. We had quite a few guests who are in the hospitality industry at our wedding and they were blown away with how well the food was prepared for a banquet style dinner. Compliments to the chef! I would highly recommend this venue for events, thank you NYCC for creating a beautiful experience for my wedding!!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

Seth and his team were amazing. Seth was always attentive to my questions during my two years of planning. On the day of the wedding, the NYCC staff was professional and attentive to our needs, as well as the needs of our guests. Seth was very flexible when it came to creating out menu- we were able to create options that the groom had thought up. There was never a moment that we were worried about the reception. And the food was DELICIOUS!!!!

Sent on 12/02/2012
  • User2320976 · 2+ years ago

The country club is beautiful with an amazing ambiance in both the cocktail hour and reception rooms. The grounds are breathtaking and perfect for every picture that you could dream of. The food is delicious and versatile to satisfy every craving. The entire club is yours for the night as they only host one wedding at a time. But the most amazing part about NYCC is the staff lead by the event coordinator, Seth. He is extremely responsive and flexible. He aims to fulfill every desire of both the bride and groom. We had such a great experience from day one of planning until the last minute of our amazing wedding night. I would highly recommend NYCC to anyone who wants to enjoy planning their unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2012

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Seth and the entire NY Country Club staff. From the moment we booked our wedding a year ago until the wedding was over, Seth couldn't have been more accomodating, responsive or professional. He truly allowed us to have the most incredible wedding day. Planning a wedding long distance wasn't an easy task but he really made the process less daunting. I wouldn't hesitate to rec. Seth and the entire NY Country Club staff to anyone. If you want a truly classy NY wedding, NYCC is the way to go.

Sent on 07/23/2012

This venue is great and gives off a nice rustic feel in the inside. There is a lot of rock on the walls and not to much gold. From the outside covered patio you are able to see the city skyline. The food is amazing and service is just as good. Love this place can't wait to go back for my sisters wedding next summer.

elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2011

Seth was great and the location was beautiful and we loved it.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011

We had our June wedding at the New York Country Club and everything about our day was perfect. Seth, the banquet manager worked closely with us for over a year to develop our menu and plan the day. He really listened to our ideas, and gave us honest feedback without being pushy. We visited 10 other locations before we decided on the NYCC and one of the big draws for us was that the space is so beautiful and smartly laid out. We were able to hold our cocktail hour on the outdoor patio and the reception in the main room. Even though we ended up having a gorgeous day, our minds were at ease beforehand knowing that even if it poured, we wouldn’t need to adjust anything about the arrangement since their outdoor patio is fully covered. The high ceilings and huge windows in the main room made it feel incredibly light and airy – we had over 200 guests and no one could believe it because the room never felt crowded. The food was incredible, acoustics for our live bands in the main room and on the patio were great and we found the price to be very competitive.

Sent on 12/16/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding October 1, 2016 at the NYCC. Eric was very accommodating with all our questions and concerns leading up to the big day. Due to weather, we had a game changer of having the reception inside and it was absolutely beautiful and then Eric's team was able to turnover the room as quick as possible for a 200 person ceremony. The food was great and plentiful! Our bridal attendant Melissa made sure that my husband and I were able to actually eat at the cocktail hour and was very attentive and thoughtful throughout the night. Our guests were all seated comfortably and all tables fit in the ballroom so there was no exclusion. The night/day of the venue was gorgeous, our guests are still raving about it! All in all, i highly recommend the New York Country Club!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

Ellen and her staff were professional and courteous throughout the course of our wedding on May 18, 2013. They were always there when we needed them, making our evening smooth and fun for us. Everyone did a fantastic job - people are STILL talking about the food and how fun the wedding was (at the end of August 2013). It was nice not to have to worry about anything that night - Ellen and her staff took care of it all. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2013