New York Country Club Reviews

62 | Spring Valley, NY

62 Reviews for New York Country Club

Speruthia · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I were blessed to have our wedding at NY Country Club with the new renovations. We were getting a whole new venue for such a great price! Aside from the gorgeousness of the outside and indoor venue, this review is truly here to glorify the amazing staff at NYCC. The staff was so hard working and made our experience so seamless. I even peeped some staff enjoying themselves and partying it up with my family lol. Eric, the catering director was such a pleasure to work with! He made it essential to check up on me and followup on a monthly basis from beginning to end. If it wasn't for his dedication, I'm not sure I would have such an organized wedding. Christine, my personal bridal attendant provided by NYCC was outstanding! She helped me and my bridal party get through the day. Everyone was where they needed to be and she even gave suggestions to our photographer for some awesome pictures! Everyone loved her character and she made our night so enjoyable. My family is still talking about our wedding to this day and want to have another event at the same venue. This is definitely the top place I would recommend to have any event, especially a wedding in Rockland County, NY. Many thanks to this amazing location and staff <3 -Mr. & Mrs. Salguero Wedding: 8/12/17

Sent on 10/08/2017

Tom · Married on 12/17/2016

SHHH My daughter and her Husband found the best Venue for their wedding.
    As you can probably guess I am the father of the bride and I am writing this review, because this was the most organized and calm staff I have ever seen. I must first say A big Thank You to Eric Handler and Melissa the bridal suite attendant. My daughters wedding was on Dec 17 and as you can guess it snowed that morning which put everyone in a panic and the wedding did not even start. We arrived at the Venue and Eric and his staff where their in the morning to help the girls get organized and start to get themselves ready for the wedding. Melissa was the bridal suite attendant and she kept the girls organized and also worked on the finale setting up of the Venue. Any time I ask either one of them if I could help, they said yes by sitting down and relaxing. My daughter was married at the Venue, which they have a beautiful room to be able to do the wedding. Eric and Melissa kept us organized with walking down the aisle. Once they where married the party started and everyone was on the dance floor and etc. Every so often you would see Eric come and find me to see if we needed anything. I will say he was always available during the wedding if anything was needed. I would look over to my daughter and I would see Melissa taking care of the newly married couple. Today is Jan 7 and I am still getting calls from people who attended saying how great the wedding was and of course how great the food was.
    As you can guess I would Highly recommend this Venue to anyone looking to having a great wedding experience, minimum stress, great staff and great food.

Thank You, Eric & Melissa for the great experience and support.

P.S. if you need a wedding crasher give me a call.

Tom P.

Sent on 01/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/29/2016

I’ve found that the recipe for the perfect wedding includes the New York Country Club. My husband and I found it by poking around the internet, and found that it was nearby where we live in Pomona—very convenient. The venue itself looks down onto a golf course, but with such AMAZING scenery. And not just “perfect time of the year” either. We went to the NYCC several times throughout the year, and saw it in all conditions: rain, snow, sunshine, and the perfect mixture of fall colors, and it was nothing short of stunning every time. We worked with Eric Handler, who was amazing. There wasn’t anything he said no to. We were able to come in for not one, but two tastings. He was able to fill very…and I mean literally the day before, VERY last minute decisions regarding a “specialty drink” that everyone was drinking the entire night because the drink was that good. Any minor “catastrophe” I created in my head was immediately rectified by him (it never had anything to do with the venue itself either, but he fixed everything anyways –ex. We were supposed to have cupcakes delivered to give to 3 birthday boys, but they didn’t come, so he improvised with cake and candles). And lest we not forget, he found a place for every single decoration I came to play with. I mean floor to ceiling, I overdid it, and they not only found the room for everything, but made it look amazing. The food was incredible. Even after the two tastings, it just got better and better. Even with a very critical set of Italian family members, no one said a bad thing about any of our 3 dinner choices. Not to mention the insane amount of food they provide to you for the cocktail hour. Even if there’s something you wanted that wasn’t on their list of foods, they’d work with you to make it happen. And I don’t know who came up with the idea of bridal attendants, but ours was the best. When I wanted my dress bustled, or a drink in my hand, or food in my belly, she came out of nowhere with everything in hand, and

Sent on 11/27/2016

Liz · Married on 10/22/2016

My wedding on October 22, 2016 was absolutely fabulous ! Eric worked with us from start to finish and was fantastic. Every phone call and email was responded to immediately and he understood my vision and all my ideas. The staff and bridal attendant were beyond great and everyone told me how friendly and accommodating they were. The food is also delicious and they offer a wide variety of appetizers, stations, and main courses. The venue is great because they have a beautiful ball room and an outdoor heated patio with views of the NYC skyline and golf course. The fall foliage made my pictures beautiful. I can't say enough great things and would highly recommend NY Country Club to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Erika · Married on 09/17/2016

There are no words to describe how perfect our wedding was the NYCC. I can't say enough how helpful, kind and thoughtful both Eric and Christina (Coordinator and Bridal attendant, respectively) were throughout the entire process. Working with Eric in order to get every last detail perfect was the best experience of the entire wedding. At one point I just brought in a bunch of extra decorations and just said "I have no idea where or how to put these." When I walked into the foyer right before I walked down the aisle and saw where and how he placed everything I had dropped off... I was blown away. The food was incredible, the views of the NYC skyline on a clear day were perfect, and the rolling golf course hills were impeccable. Everything I asked for, they made it happen, and as expensive as weddings can be, I truly feel that I got the experience of a 5 star wedding without breaking the bank. I could keep going on and on... just know that you are in the best hands with the NYCC!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Becky · Married on 09/03/2016

We had a fantastic experience at the New York Country Club! My husband and I got married on Sept 3rd of this year. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and there are a tons of great photo opportunity spots, both indoors and outdoors. They have an outdoor ceremony space, with a fully protected indoor alternative for bad weather that still has great views and makes for pretty photos. We felt very happy with our choice in venues, but were surprised to receive an email over the winter that the banquet manager we had booked with was no longer working there, and we would be working with someone completely new to the venue. Of course, this caused us to worry as anyone would. However, when Eric Handler started, our fears were quickly alleviated! He reached out to us, assured us that we had nothing to worry about- he would take care of everything we talked about with the previous banquet manager. He did that and so much more! Everything from extra cocktail hour food choices, to signature his/hers beverages, to special requests for craft beer was granted! Eric made sure to stay in touch with us, and responded to my (numerous) calls and emails as our wedding day approached, in a very timely matter. We were able to drop off a bunch of decorations and accessories the night before, since there was no event Friday night, which was a huge help. The day of the wedding was mostly stress-free for me, largely in part to Eric, my bridal attendant, Melissa, the head waitress, Christina, and the rest of the staff. Everyone was super friendly! Most importantly they set up all the decorations, center pieces (which took some effort) and put up signs and everything so I didn’t have to worry about anything and kept us informed throughout the night of where we needed to be and what was going on (entrances, dances, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss)! The wedding went off without a hitch, with the staff continuing to be helpful and fun throughout the night. Highly recommend NYCC & Eric Handler!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2015

I got married on 10/9/15 and my wedding was wonderful. When we started looking at venues a family friend suggested we look here, but I initially dismissed the suggestion because I thought it would be out of our budget. I am so glad that I reconsidered and booked with NYCC. Turns out that it was within our budget and they worked with us on the price. The whole planning process was made very easy and any and every question that I had was always answered. We had both our ceremony and reception there and all of our guests have told us what a great time they had, how beautiful the venue is and how delicious and plentiful the food was. My favorite thing about NYCC is the gorgeous outside views and unfortunately it rained on our wedding day and we were unable to get the outside shots that I wanted. Our photographer suggested we do a post wedding shoot and when I contacted NYCC to see if we could come back to take pictures I was told of course and we will be doing that in a few weeks. I highly, highly recommend NYCC for your wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Brianne · Married on 10/10/2014

My husband and I recently got married at the New York Country Club in New Hempstead, NY. We will continue for the rest of our lives talking together with our friends and families about how amazing our wedding day was.
    The New York Country Club has surpassed our expectations. The food was amazing, the atmosphere and view is breathtaking, the facility is neat and updated and the service provided was amazing.
    Kiah, the event coordinator at the facility was beyond amazing and did everything and anything to make sure our wedding day was perfect. Before the wedding she made sure to cover every detail with us and made sure that anything we wanted or needed was taken care of. The day of the wedding, she was on top of everything. Never on top of us but seemed to be present as soon as it seemed we need something, even as little as a drink.

For anyone getting married, I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. You will have the most magical wedding day of your life!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Our experience with the New York Country Club couldn't have been any better. Kiah is wonderful to work with. She is energetic, flexible, and easy to reach. The food was fantastic. Our tasting only made us realize that we couldn't go wrong with out menu selection. The grounds are beautiful. Our guests are astonished by how great and fun the service was, and also just how beautiful the venue is. I already have, and will continue to recommend the New York Country Club for future brides!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/27/2014

Could not say better things about New York Country Club! Kiah was beyond helpful and flexible and the whole staff was so friendly the day of. The grounds are perfect and the food was amazing! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

There is no way this review can do justice to the INCREDIBLE job that Ellen and her staff at NYCC did on my November 2nd wedding. As a bit of a control freak planning from afar (I live in Washington, DC), I was so thrilled with NYCC from start to finish.

We actually signed our contract in large part because of the former catering director. I was very nervous when he left and a new director was hired several months before my event. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise -- Ellen is AMAZING -- she is organized, responsive, supportive, reassuring.. she is truly a gem. I never had any issue getting in touch with her, she always gave me honest and helpful feedback and perhaps best of all, she put me at ease the week and day of my wedding. I think all brides need an Ellen in their lives :)

Our guests are still raving about the amazing food from both the cocktail hour and the dinner. Everything is delicious!! Many people have told me that they've never had such tasty meals at a large catered event. The service is also incredible -- every table has their own waiter and all of our guests said they didn't have to wait long for ANYTHING (food, drink, etc.). They even were considerate of food allergies!

NYCC offers beautiful grounds and decor -- so the space speaks for itself. To have such spectacular service on top of that really makes it the perfect venue. You won't be disappointed if you choose to work with Ellen and the team!!

Sent on 12/03/2013

I stumbled upon NYCC on a random search for wedding venues. My (now) husband and I needed a venue that fit our budget, but still met the needs of a 200 person wedding and a unique sense of style that didn't feel like every other wedding we had been going to. When we booked NYCC, we had our doubts--committing to a venue was way harder than committing to a man! Then, Ellen was hired, and all doubts disappeared. She, and the rest of the staff, made the event PERFECT. She was timely, attentive to detail, creative, and accommodating. Anything we requested, she found a way to make it work And that was just the planning process! The night of our wedding went without a hitch. All of our guests raved about the beauty of the location, the quality of the food, and the diligence of the staff. I look back on the day without a single regret. I HIGHLY recommend NYCC as venue for any occasion.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with New York Country Club, Ellen and the staff. Everything was perfect and beyond what we had expected. The weather ended up not being so great, but the place still looked beautiful and the fact that there is an air conditioned semi/outside cocktail hour made it even better. The food is amazing and the reception space was a perfect size for our 230+ wedding! Ellen was so amazing.. within the first hour of our wedding my husband stepped on my dress and the whole bustle came off and Ellen was right there to sew my dress! She did everything flawlessly!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/01/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with New York Country Club, Ellen and the staff for our wedding on 9/1/13. Everything was perfect and beyond what we had expected. The weather ended up not being so great, but the place still looked beautiful and the fact that there is an air conditioned semi/outside cocktail hour made it even better. The food is amazing and the reception space was a perfect size for our 230+ wedding! Ellen was so amazing.. within the first hour of our wedding my husband stepped on my dress and the whole bustle came off and Ellen was right there to sew my dress! She did everything flawlessly! We are still getting complimented on how great our wedding was and how beautiful NYCC is! I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding, so thank you to Ellen and her staff! We would definitely recommend NYCC to anyone who wants to get married with a beautiful scenery and delicious food!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Phil · Married on 08/09/2013

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon and are still getting messages about how great the wedding at New York Country Club was. Working with Ellen was fantastic as she was more than accommodating and always responded quickly to any (and we had a lot) of emails/phone calls/questions. The venue looked beautiful and every last detail that we had planned was perfect. We received a lot of positive feedback about the food and the presentation. Ellen and her crew were very flexible and extremely easy to work with. We 100% recommend NYCC for your special day.

Eric · Married on 08/03/2013

New York Country Club throws a great wedding. Staff was amazing. Made the entire day smooth and painless! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/22/2013

My husband and I got married on July 14, 2013 at the New York Country Club. Words cannot express how happy we are with this venue. All aspects of the day from the grounds for the pictures, to the ceremony, to the cocktail hour to reception were amazing! Ellen Jones, the club's event manager, is a classy, full service and detail oriented person to work with for your most important day. She saw us through our entire day and was extremely generous with her time. She is a confident and effective leader, always supportive but never overbearing. She knows how to maximize the beauty of the spaces' elements. Her staff, both wait and kitchen, were fantastic. The food is excellent! All guests raved about how delicious the food was both at the cocktail hour and during dinner. Ellen will work with you and make appropriate recommendations when designing your wedding day menu. Ellen is new to the NYCC but brings her years of experience to the club adding guest friendly elements such as a "coffee to go" bar at the end of the evening. We, in part, picked this venue because we got married in the summer and wanted options for indoor ceremony and pictures should the weather not allow for outdoor time. The patio, enclosed by glass, allowed for our guests to be cooled by the AC during our ceremony while being able to look out & enjoy the surrounding greenery and mountains. The space is fluid and allows for continuity throughout your event while entertaining the guests in different spaces for each part of the wedding day. Ellen is great about working with your other vendors to ensure excellent service and accuracy. She's able to respond quickly to any last minute snafus like dress issues, table setting adjustments, etc (which all happened to us.) The value, service, and options the space the NYCC provides makes it a "must buy" for anyone planning their wedding in the tri-state area.

Sent on 08/04/2013

We had our reception at New York Country Club on Saturday, July 13, 2013. One of my friends suggested New York Country Club and I had never heard of it. I immediately loved it. It had the laid back country club vibe I was looking for with a lot of class too. It seemed to fit my style perfectly. One of the best parts of the venue is the cocktail space. I wanted an outdoor cocktail hour but also realized it might rain. New York Country Club's space is perfect because it's a huge glass room that overlooks the golf course. It allows you to feel outside even though you are in a perfectly air conditioned space. Sure enough, it poured during our cocktail hour and everything worked out fine.

Leading up to the wedding, Ellen was so wonderful to work with. I can't say enough about her...she really went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. She is so sweet and knows how important the day is. She also knows her stuff. It is obvious that she has a lot of experience in the catering field.

On the day of our wedding, we arrived 2 1/2 hours early. We were greeted with food and drinks. We took most of our pictures on the golf course just before the rain started. Everyone at the club was so nice and accommodating. Soon enough, our reception began. The whole night was FLAWLESS. Not one thing went wrong. Ellen and her staff were awesome and she frequently checked in with me and my husband.

Everyone raved about how great the food was...our guests are still telling us that everything was delicious. New York Country Club is truly a hidden gem in Rockland County. You won't be disappointed....and make sure you work with Ellen...she's the best!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Christie J. · Married on 07/12/2013

NYCC was an amazing venue; we are so happy that we chose to have our wedding reception here! Ellen was fantastic to work with throughout the planning process. She was always very professional, easily approachable, very friendly, and extremely reliable. The day of our reception all services were beyond our expectations. The staff was great--always checking on us to see if we needed anything, as well as providing exceptional service to our guests. The food was incredible; in fact, guests keep telling us how delicious everything was. Without a doubt, we highly recommend NYCC for any event. It is quite obvious they take pride in their work, as well reflected in their services. Thank you to Ellen and the NYCC staff for helping make our special day a perfect day!

Jen · Married on 06/29/2013

The New York Country Club was such an amazing venue for our wedding. Ellen is so amazing to work with. It was clear from the beginning that she knew her stuff. She made us feel so comfortable and our special day ran 100% smooth. The views are spectacular and the set up for the ceremony and reception were perfect. We really thought the food was outstanding and so did our guests. We were able to eat all the food from the cocktail hour and she made us plates of everything. The whole staff constantly checked on us throughout the night. Everything about our wedding day was perfect. Our friends and family are still talking about how perfect the day was and how much they loved the New York Country Club. The New York Country Club is absolutely the best venue for a wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2013

James · Married on 06/22/2013

Had our wedding here on 6/22/13. Nothing but raves from everyone about all of the food, drinks, and service. Had an absolutely perfect day and would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the area. The servers go above and beyond to help with everything possible to make the day as perfect as could be.

Andrea · Married on 06/01/2013

Ellen and the entire staff at New York Country Club were amazing to work with. She made sure our wedding day was the dream that we envisioned, offered useful tips and listened to our wants with patience. Our day was completely flawless thanks to New York Country Club. Every detail was well executed, and the ballroom turned out better than we imagined. Our guests raved about the beauty of the club, quality of food and outstanding professionalism by all of the staff. Most guests are still talking about our party over 3 months later! Our bridal attendant was also extremely attentive throughout the day, making sure we had a chance to eat the amazing offerings from cocktail hour to dessert.

Ellen's poise and grace made us completely confident and set all of our worries at ease. I would highly recommend New York Country Club to any bride.

Sent on 09/13/2013
  • User3205272 · 2+ years ago

From the moment we first went to preview the New York Country Club, we knew it was the place we wanted to get married, and it met 100% of our expectations. Throughout our wedding planning process they were attentive to our wants and needs, and were always available to meet and discuss our upcoming wedding. A few things to note:
    -Ellen was fantastic to work with! She was extremely professional, and really easy to work with. If you can, make sure she's there the night of your wedding - she knows her stuff!
    -The golf club staff is wonderful! We wanted to take photos on the golf course, and Gary helped coordinate and tour us around. We're going to have some fantastic photos, thanks to their assistance!
    -The food was unbelievable!! The menu is mouth watering, and you're going to have a tough time choosing from all of the options. The food was 5-star, NYC restaurant quality!
    -The venue itself is gorgeous. The room held all 164 of my guests, and was really spacious and elegant. There are two bridal suites - a gorgeous room on the main level that resembles a library, and a brand new room on the lower level with it's own private bathroom.
    -The ceremony area is in an enclosed all-weather porch with windows overlooking the golf course. It was absolutely perfect and is great for those who don't want to risk having their wedding outside.
    -The cocktail hour area is huge - you have so many options and areas to sit - outside on the terrace, in the ceremony room, inside near the baby grand piano, etc. It was just perfect!

Overall we had an amazing wedding at the NYCC. The price was right, and Ellen was fantastic to work with. From the moment we arrived at NYCC, the entire staff was devoted to making our wedding day perfect for us. If you're looking for a country-club, golf course wedding, this is the place to visit. I would highly, highly recommend checking this venue out!

Thanks again for everything Ellen and the staff at NYCC!! - Stacy & Jason

Sent on 05/28/2013

Julie · Married on 05/04/2013

Ellen and her team at New York Country Club exceeded our expectations for my wedding!! They were very professional, flexible with requests and easy to work with. From the planning stages, to the day of, everything was done completely to our satisfaction and beyond. I'm an event planner and plan events at many different venues so I have an eye for certain details and I couldn't have been happier with my choice to hold my wedding at NYCC. New York Country Club had everything we could possibly want in a venue. A large and gorgeous space overlooking the golf course for our cocktail hour, a beautiful/spacious ballroom for our reception, an amazing backdrop to take our wedding photos and exceptional food! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was as well as the beautiful presentation. We had quite a few guests who are in the hospitality industry at our wedding and they were blown away with how well the food was prepared for a banquet style dinner. Compliments to the chef! I would highly recommend this venue for events, thank you NYCC for creating a beautiful experience for my wedding!!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

Seth and his team were amazing. Seth was always attentive to my questions during my two years of planning. On the day of the wedding, the NYCC staff was professional and attentive to our needs, as well as the needs of our guests. Seth was very flexible when it came to creating out menu- we were able to create options that the groom had thought up. There was never a moment that we were worried about the reception. And the food was DELICIOUS!!!!

Sent on 12/02/2012