New Orleans Classical & Jazz Reviews

137 | New Orleans, LA

137 Reviews for New Orleans Classical & Jazz

Meghan · Married on 04/23/2016

We cannot recommend Harry and his group highly enough! Harry's group performed for my sister's wedding years ago, and there was no doubt in my mind who to pick for our wedding musicians. I was so excited to work with them! Not only are they truly some of the finest musicians in New Orleans, but Harry is a consummate professional. He gave amazingly quick yet thoughtful responses to any questions we had. He also gave great suggestions for songs/arrangements that really captured the feel we were looking for. We worked with Harry to coordinate ceremony musicians (and the right ensemble) as well as a second line band--and the music was phenomenal!! Our ceremony ensemble (including Harry) played magnificently; the music was so incredibly beautiful and moving, and it was the perfect setting to one of the most special moments in our lives. Later, our second line band brought the party with some New Orleans classics. And having been in quite a few wedding second lines, I have to say these guys were fantastic! They were so fun and engaging--everyone had a blast!

If you're considering hiring them, do it--you will not regret it! Having played various musical instruments during my lifetime and being a music-lover, I can say that Harry and his group are first-rate. Music was one of the most important things to us for our wedding, and these guys blew us away. So, thank you Harry and all the musicians at New Orleans Classical & Jazz! We couldn't be happier with y'all!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Claudia · Married on 03/26/2016

I had Harry Hardin ( violin) and Ashley Tomen ( harp) play for my wedding. This was one of the highlights of my wedding! The music was so beautiful and brought tears to so many! I was able to hand pick my selection of songs from various genres. They played everything I requested from Beatles, Classical, Pop, Musicals. Guests have been constantly telling me how much the music reflected my personality. Contacting them was very easy and they respond quickly. They were truly a pleasure to work with and the music was breathtaking.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Michael · Married on 03/05/2016

Harry, Thank you so much for the incredible music you provided for my daughter's wedding and second line. The string quartet brought a whole new element to the processional and recessional Beatles songs. They were so wonderful!! The Kinfolk Brass Band led our second line professionally and with great vigor. That was so much fun!! Thank you also for making the arrangements with the fine folks at NOPD. The flawless performance by you and your musicians in flawlessly planning and executing the ceremony and second line music helped make this The Perfect Wedding!!!
    mike

Sent on 03/10/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Harry and his musicians. I was told by every guest that they had never heard such beautiful music at a wedding ceremony. He led me through the process of picking out which classical pieces would sound best with the instruments we picked out. We even had an opera singer! The music was breathtaking!! It was a pleasure working with someone with such talent and professionalism as Harry. He does it all, from start to finish, so there is no need to worry about anything... just relax and enjoy the beautiful music!

Sent on 02/27/2016

Tara · Married on 12/12/2015

I can not say enough great things about Harry Hardin! The entire process was stress-free, and the day-of musicians and arrangements were top-notch and just what I wanted! I highly, highly recommend him to anyone needing musicians; you can rely on him to provide both typical and atypical options for music choices, and rest assured, you will be provided professional musicians who take their job seriously. I also thought the prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Ryan · Married on 10/11/2015

Harry and his team were by far the most professional + organized partner we contracted for our big day. They were following-up with me rather than the other way around, and made the entire process simple and hassle-free. Truly exceptional musicians who know exactly what to play for the environment you're hunting. 1 million stars.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/09/2015

New Orleans Classical & Jazz was the perfect choice for our wedding! From my very first phone conversation with Harry Hardin, I felt like I was in good hands. My husband and I were having a destination wedding in NOLA, but were living in New York, and as a classically trained opera singer (with a Masters degree in Music), I was a bit nervous about booking musicians off the internet alone.
    However, I knew from the start that Harry from New Orleans Classical & Jazz knew what he was doing. Harry coordinated a classical pianist to play at our rehearsal luncheon, a classical trio to play during our ceremony, a guitarist to play our cocktail hour, and a five-piece jazz band to play at our reception.
    First off, I couldn't believe the how fantastic the cellist was who played during our ceremony. I asked for the Bach Cello Suite No. 1 (which I've heard countless times played out of tune) for my bridal party's procession. The cellist nailed it stunningly! I was thrilled.
    The guitarist was fantastic during our cocktail hour! He could play both classical and jazz well and was super friendly.
    Finally, the jazz band blew me away! They were fun and flexible and while we had given them a couple songs in advance to play for us, they happily accompanied me singing an impromptu song for my mother. They played a drum roll for the bouquet toss and threw in a burlesque-type soundtrack for the garter removal and toss. They picked up on the fact that there were a lot of Minnesotans who wanted a chicken dance and broke out playing it at the end of the night and brought the house down!
    We really couldn't have been happier with the services of New Orleans Classical & Jazz and highly recommend them for any musical aspect of your wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/23/2015

We live in New York and had a destination wedding in New Orleans on April 23, 2015. We found Harry through reviews we read online, and after speaking with him on the phone we knew he was the right choice. We had a simple ceremony in the courtyard of hotel Mazarin. We chose to use 2 songs that are meaningful to us and Harry got the sheet music and played them on the violin with someone playing the guitar next to him. During the prelude we had a mix of Beatles, billy Joel, Elton John and other similar music. I cannot describe to you how amazing everything sounded. Before walking down the aisle I just listened and took it all in. We even had people video the ceremony just for the music!! Everyone raved and thought that it was amazing. Harry was exceptional during the whole process of figuring everything out and it far surpassed anything I could have imagined. If you're looking for someone to play at your wedding, New Orleans finest musicians is the place to use!! We keep playing the ceremony back just to listen to the music! Thanks Harry for making our day memorable!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Brittany · Married on 04/16/2015

Harry performed ceremony music for our wedding in April at the Maison Dupuy in the courtyard in the French quarter.... I had a violin and a cello and they did absolutely beautifully! Harry was amazing with getting back with me promptly and he was easy when discussing specific songs and willing to work with me and my husband on what we wanted played, when, etc! He was on time and also very professional in person and via email! I recommend him and his others that play with him for a wedding ceremony or any type event! They were awesome and made our wedding day even more special!!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

The music provided for my daughter's wedding at Latrobe's on Royal was fabulous!! Harry was so professional and easy to work with. He was quick to respond to my emails and offered great suggestions for music choices. The trio was exactly what we were looking for to add an elegant touch to the ceremony.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Debra · Married on 03/06/2015

Harry was extremely helpful and provided wonderful musicians.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Amber · Married on 12/06/2014

Harry was absolutely wonderful to work with. He responded quick to emails and his main concern was making sure to have what we wanted. The music was wonderful. Couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 11/21/2014

New Orleans Finest is the perfect name for them! Harry Hardin was an absolute pleasure to work with. He helped us plan the ceremony music for our daughter's destination wedding in New Orleans. He had impeccable follow up throughout the wedding planning process, He helped to provide us with some non-traditional wedding music as well as some traditional. The ceremony music was beautiful! Harry Hardin is a first class act providing the highest quality of service and professional musicians. I highly recommend New Orleans Finest!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Gay M. · Married on 10/18/2014

I just loved these musicians! They played so beautifully! Their music helped to make my wedding like a fairytale and royal wedding combined. They so much fit with my them of romance and timeless elegance. And Harry Hardin was so professional and easy to work with and was able to accommodate regarding my selections and requests and gave helpful suggestions. I highly recommend this vendor

Sent on 01/06/2015

2 words - HIRE HARRY!

I did not have much experience finding bands before we hired him for our wedding. I was unsure what to expect when hiring a band but as an amateur musician myself I knew of the quality that I wanted. When I found Harry, his initial response gave me great confidence from the onset.

Harry and his group exceeded our expectations!

Harry provide a jazz quartet for our wedding (Tuba, Violin, Trumpet and Banjo), they provided incredible ambience for a cocktail hour and then added some additional musicians for a second line from the ceremony to the reception. They were AWESOME! They set such a great atmosphere for our guests, they have an extensive song list and were very affordable to boot. By the time we got to the reception, our guests were all ready to dance!

Harry is very hands on and will work with you to make your event special. All of the details were on point and there is not a single negative thing to speak of working with him. You WILL NOT go wrong with Harry and his team.

Thank you Harry!

Sent on 10/17/2014

A huge thank you to Harry Hardin and his musicians. From the beginning, Harry was easy to work with and quick to respond - which made the process of planning our destination wedding so much easier. He had great insight into the song options and quickly lined up a cello and guitar player to handle entertainment during the ceremony. On our wedding day, the duo arrived early and played well and we received numerous compliments from guests. In addition, Harry also handled booking a second line band for us, taking care of police permits and the necessary paperwork so we didn't have to sweat the details from afar. The band (Pin Stripe) was waiting when our buses pulled up and did a phenomenal job - leading our 175 cheering guests through the streets of the Quarter. It was definitely a night to remember and we appreciate Harry's role in making our wedding even better than anticipated. I highly recommend New Orleans Finest Musicians!

Sent on 07/27/2014

My daughter's wedding was held at Cafe Amelie in New Orleans. The group provided excellent intro and wedding music and helped set the stage for a successful ceremony that was followed by another band playing more modern and jazzy music for listening and dancing. Highly recommend. Harry Hardin was very professional in the business aspect of the engagement and made the process easy.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Katie · Married on 06/07/2014

Harry Hardin was great to work with when planning my wedding ceremony music from Denver! He was very detailed and thorough in his emails with working on the ceremony music, sending me youtube videos of the songs to choose from, and figuring out the timing of each song they would play throughout the procession....very professional and organized throughout the whole process. I could also easily reach Harry via telephone and it was very nice to plan with him and get more feedback/suggestions over the phone. He grew up in New Orleans and had some wonderful insight. Harry put together a quartet with a trumpet, violin, classical guitar, and cello. Before the event, Harry also was in touch with our coordinator at Cafe Amelie where we had our ceremony, so they handled the final seating details, times to arrive, etc. which really helped me out a lot and kept me from having to worry about those final details! They showed up in very nice attire and played beautifully! I was very pleased to have him perform and would love to have him play again for me in the future at other events!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Andrew · Married on 04/12/2014

Couldn't be happier -
    I contacted Harry to arrange for a jazz trio for our after-wedding brunch. Working with Harry was very easy and we couldn't be happier with the quality of the musicians. We were a little nervous since this was a destination wedding for us and everything was done by remote control, but they arrived on time, were very personable and very talented. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Jane · Married on 01/04/2014

Wanted to write you to let you know that we could not have been more pleased with the musicians you sent for our Daughter's Wedding. They were incredible and showed up in a timely manner, quite well prepared and as professional as we have ever seen. The music was perfect throughout the entire ceremony. We were impressed with their ability to create the mood throughout the Nuptials by playing the different pieces in different volumes to fit the procession or recession. We were concerned that hiring only a duet may sound lost in that big church, but our fears were unfounded as the Cellist and Violinist together gave a beautiful full sound.
    Thanks for helping to make our special day even more special with that fabulous String Duet. Please pass this message on to them.
    Most Sincerely and with much Gratitude,
    Gary and Jane Sanchez (parent's of the Bride)

Sent on 01/17/2014

Harry was very easy to work with and very professional. Susan Millar was our cellist and she played beautifully. All in all a great experience.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Kuhn · Married on 06/29/2013

I absolutely LOVED working with Harry and his team. He helped me choose the right songs (I didn't want same ol same ol) He had great ideas. and his team executed it perfectly. Went off without a hitch. Truly one of my favorite parts of the ceremony

Sent on 07/08/2013

Donna · Married on 05/18/2013

Harry was a pleasure to work with, and the musicians he sent could not have been easier to work with or better! Some music was changed/added a few days before and they accommodated us with everything, and without so much as a complaint! They were excellent, and added so much to my daughter's wedding at the Aquarium. I couldn't recommend them more highly! EXCELLENT!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Harry was great to work from the beginning, very professional and helpful and always quick to respond to my many emails. He sent us options to help us select the music and even worked with us on the power needed at the venue planning for extension cords. The day of my wedding, Harry was on-time, got setup without any issues, looked great, and sounded perfect. Overall, they were one of the best vendors I worked with throughout the wedding planning and I am so glad I chose them for our wedding. I highly recommend Harry and his team.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Samantha · Married on 04/20/2013

Harry Hardin and New Orleans Finest were absolutely awesome to work with. We wanted something a little different with our music and other classical musicians turned their noses up at us. Harry did the opposite - he was incredibly helpful, totally got what we were going for, worked with us when we pushed our date back a year and our string trio looked great and played fantastic. One of our only regrets on our wedding day was that we did not record these guys and I did not get to hear the prelude or processional. These are the kinds of folks you want to work with on your special day.

Sent on 05/17/2013