New Moon Cafe Reviews

29 | Burlington, VT

29 Reviews for New Moon Cafe

29 New Moon Cafe Reviews

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2017

Working with Erica was wonderful from start to finish! So professional, and she brought to life everything we were hoping for in our wedding cake. Cake was delicious and all our guests were super impressed! Definitely recommend her!!

• Meg

Meg · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so, so happy that we chose New Moon Cupcakes to cater the desserts for our wedding! We initially contacted New Moon Cafe as it appeared that they had far more vegan and gluten free options than any other cupcake caterer in the area, and we had a number of guests with specific dietary needs. After meeting with Erica, we were 100% sold. The cupcakes were SO incredible, and I still don't understand how the vegan buttercream frosting tastes as amazing as it does. (Our mutual favorite cupcake, though, was our non-vegan choice: honey-roasted almond. It's so delicious; please try it.) We also absolutely loved the apple cider donuts and the beautiful wedding cake decorated like a birch tree. Working with Erica was wonderful from start to finish; she was very helpful in planning our dessert menu from the beginning, and really personable and great to work with throughout. She also made herself very available in answering all our questions leading up to the event as we planned it. Most of all, though, these are just the best cupcakes, and your guests will love them!! We enthusiastically recommend catering your desserts from New Moon.

New Moon Cafe 1

Alison · Married on 10/02/2017

Working with Erica was amazing! She was very responsive to my questions and easy to work with. The cupcakes were delicious and so well presented. I would have no qualms about recommending them to anyone!

Cathleen · Married on 08/19/2017

Erica from New Moon was fantastic to work with, actually one of my favorite vendors of the entire wedding. Not only was the cake beautiful, and delicious, Erica was fantastic to work with and helped alleviate any stress I had.

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2017

Erica was beyond amazing to work with. She was so sweet. She did an amazing job on our wedding cake it was exactly what we wanted and it tasted like heaven LOL! If your considering New Moon, DO IT! You won't be dissapointed, I promise!

Aly · Married on 07/07/2017

Erica did a PHENOMENAL job with my two tiered wedding cake and cupcakes for my wedding! The flavors were fresh and delicious. Our guests raved about the cupcakes! My husband and I can't wait to dig into our cake at our one year anniversary! Not only delicious, but the presentation was perfect! I wanted a "naked" lightly frosted cake with live flowers and Erica nailed it- my vision was executed perfectly. I highly recommend Erica and New Moon for any wedding or occasion.

New Moon Cafe 2
    New Moon Cafe 3

Mary · Married on 06/17/2017

I looked up New Moon Cafe's wedding catering, and was immediately impressed with their extensive selection of specialty flavors of cake, icing, fillings, and more! Plus their starting prices per cake ($2/slice) blew every other cake caterer out of the water!

I emailed them on a Sunday night, and was answered promptly the next morning. I live a ways from Burlington, but happened to be going there that afternoon. I figured this was way too little notice to have a (free!) tasting, but I told them I was headed their way, and asked how much notice they need for a tasting/consult. To my surprise, and despite the fact that they usually need at least 24 hours notice for a consult, they were happy to fit us in that very afternoon!

The baker Erica was exceptionally friendly, professional, straight forward about prices and choices for sizes of cakes, cupcakes, decorations etc. At no time did we feel rushed, or treated with less respect because we are a younger couple (25/24). The sample cupcakes we ate were AMAZING, so delicious! We were easily able to work out a choice and lock in a deal, because we were so happy with everything about our experience.

When we had a change of heart about flavor later that afternoon (everything was so fantastic that we couldn't choose), I emailed Erica and she was very flexible and put the change in right away! Erica is very quick with communication. They give you plenty of time to choose your decorations, and they can really do anything. For couples on a budget, they even have payment plans available.

They get booked up fast, so I would definitely reach out to them! They are everything a couple could want when working with a vendor, and more! Simply amazing!

• Mel

Mel · Married on 03/19/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of our entire experience working with New Moon Cafe. Erica is an absolute angel, working with us to great a 3-tiered Gluten-free, Vegan, funfetti wedding cake of our dreams! She is incredibly responsive and extremely knowledgable. The end result was one of the most delicious confections I have ever tasted (and absolutely beautiful to look at as well!). I would absolutely recommend New Moon Cafe and Erica hands down and hope to be able to visit for more goodies soon!

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

We had such a great experience working with Erica on our wedding cake. She was super accommodating and gave us some great ideas for cakes that fit with the vibe of our wedding. Ultimately, we settled on a birch tree cake, and I couldn't have been happier about how it came out, from the initials she "carved" into the cake to the overall arrangement with the cake stand, topper, and flowers. We chose two flavors for our cake: caramel apple and Vermont maple. Both were absolutely delicious! Our photographer said it was the best wedding cake she had ever had.

Erica was stellar to work with. I really appreciated how responsive she was to my emails and her advice when it came to picking out a cake stand and topper. We'll be going back to New Moon to recreate our top tier for our first anniversary. Thanks, Erica!

Sean · Married on 10/08/2016

They made a beautiful cake. Everyone was so impressed!

Linda · Married on 10/08/2016

Look no further! We loved everything about working with Erica. Without a doubt, this was the best cake we have ever had. The Maple Buttercream was perfect!

Meghan · Married on 09/03/2016

Erica is truly amazing. I live in Ohio and planned by whole wedding and services on-line and telephonically.

I viewed Erica's cake gallery on the New Moon Cafe website and immediately knew she was going to make the cake. We had a specific feel (I hate the word "theme", it sounds like a production and not an emotion) and Erica was right in sync with me.

Erica actually went onto Pintrist with me so I could show her everything I loved. Then we collaborated to design a very special and unique cake.

We were more than pleased and our guests raved about the cake.

Advice? Be original! New Moon Cafe offers multiple cake and buttercream options. In addition, Erica does a mean fondant and her decorative skills are second to none!

• Kenzi

Kenzi · Married on 08/27/2016

I can't say enough about how amazing Erica was and her level of talent! She was incredibly responsive, organized and attentive to every single detail. Our cake looked so amazing and it was everything we had hoped for. Beyond that, it tasted incredible too and is made with quality ingredients!! We are so impressed with their services I'm very excited to have Erica also create a cake for my best friends upcoming bridal shower. I would hire her again a thousand times over!

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2016

New moon catering for our wedding day was the best! As soon as we sat down with Erica, she was able to see our vision and make it happen. I wish we could share pictures of how beautiful our cake and cupcakes turned out. Not only were they pretty but our guest loved them. I mean LOVED them, they were completely gone and we had anticipated having left overs!

Catherine · Married on 08/06/2016

Erica was a pleasure to work with. We ordered an 8" chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious!

Mike · Married on 05/14/2016

We worked with Erica from New Moon on our Wedding Cake, and she was fantastic. We went in for an initial consultation and tasting, and Erica was organized and really knew her stuff. She was able to easily walk us through and clearly explain everything to build the right cake for what we wanted.

As far as design goes, the cake was perfect; it looked exactly as we hoped it would. We showed Erica a couple pictures close to what we were looking for/hoped to have, and she was able to explain our options and how different pieces work (or not) together.

All of the food at New Moon is made with seasonal and local ingredients, and that really shows when you taste it; everything was delicious. I would highly recommend anyone to go here.

Kayce · Married on 04/01/2016

OMG! Talk about blowing my expectations. I brought these guys a picture of my cake (alice in Wonderland themed) not only did they give me what I ask for they went above and beyond. The cake took on a life of its own and was a huge part of the wedding decor. Thank you guys so much it was more than perfect!

Mackenzie · Married on 01/02/2016

My husband and I first found Cupcake Kisses when we were on a date at New Moon in Burlington. The cupcakes we bought on our date were amazing! We immediately emailed them about making cupcakes for our wedding and scheduled a meeting. Erica is an amazing artist! All of her creations are beautiful! As if that wasn’t enough, the art is really in how they taste. Each cupcake flavor is amazing! We had NO leftover cupcakes at our wedding! Our guests have raved about how delicious our cupcakes were! I have no doubt that we made an amazing decision in choosing Cupcake Kisses. Erica is professional, kind, and extremely helpful when it comes to dietary needs! I highly recommend Cupcake Kisses for whatever event you are planning!

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2015

Loved new moon they made the process very easy for us. Tons of options all are very delicious.

Renee · Married on 09/12/2015

Erica is absolutely amazing to work with!! She made us a beautiful sand castle cake that was very life like. She is very easy going and open to your ideas. Pricing is phenomenonal as well!! Many flavors of cake, all homemade and delicious! Highly recommend!!

Mary · Married on 06/27/2015

New Moon was fabulous to work with. The cupcakes were delicious! They were delivered on time and displayed beautifully. A huge thank you to Erica and Chris and all the staff at New Moon.

Charles · Married on 09/27/2014

New Moon cupcakes are the some of the best I've ever had, but I can honestly say that our wedding cake from New Moon is the best cake I've ever tasted!! My wife and I searched all of home state of Vermont for the perfect Maple frosting with a true Maple syrup taste, not a fake (corn syrup like) taste to top our wedding cupcakes and cake. New Moon was able to accommodate our special request and more. Erica's maple buttercream frosting was spot on. Their flavors were great and their price was right, coming in less than a traditional large wedding cake. In addition, New Moon loaned us some really nice wooden cupcake stands and delivered everything to Stowe on our wedding day so we didn't have to worry about anything!! To top it all off, we saved the top tier of our two tier wedding cake in our freezer for our one year anniversary and it tasted as good as it did on our wedding day!

For reference, If you look at New Moon's pictures, ours is the two tiered wedding cake on the wood "stump" platter surrounded by their wonderful cupcakes. I can't recommend New Moon enough, they really helped make our wedding day one we'll never forget.

Rebecca · Married on 06/18/2016

New Moon is the place to order your wedding cake!! I was so very happy with my wedding cake. It was beautiful and tasted delicious. Erica is fantastic to work with and is very creative. I highly recommend Erica and the New Moon Café!

Kelsey · Married on 08/26/2017

New Moon did a great job with not only our wedding cupcakes but also our cake. They were accommodating and easy to work with. The cupcakes were gone before you could blink!