New Leaf Hair Studio Reviews

New Leaf Hair Studio 5
New Leaf Hair Studio 6
New Leaf Hair Studio 7

Nancy · Married on 10/23/2010

I debated for a long time whether to have my hair and makeup professionally done for my wedding - I was nervous I would end up looking like someone else or with heavy-handed makeup. And then I met the team at New Leaf Salon and my decision was made. The New Leaf Team, and specifically Ashley and Amy G., did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. They took time to get to know me and exactly what I was looking for with my hair and makeup and, even when I decided to change my hair style the day of the wedding, rolled with it and delivered beyond my expectations. They also did my bridesmaids' and my mother's hair, and everyone was thrilled with the results. As if the product weren't enough, New Leaf has a great little bridal studio where we were able to relax together and get pampered away from the other salon customers. I recommend New Leaf Hair Studio 100%! You will love it!

Sent on 11/18/2010

Kathryn · Married on 05/27/2016

I would not hesitate to book with New Leaf again!! Amy was fabulous with helping me to set up all of the appointments. She was very accommodating and took changes along the way. All of my bridesmaids (and guests!) couldn't stop talking about how much they loved their hair and updos. Amanda and Stacy were both professional, fun and creative! Many of my girls weren't sure exactly what they wanted for an updo, but were amazed at how gorgeous their updos were! Amanda brought me to tears when she finished my updo. I had a picture in my head but couldn't articulate it correctly-- and she NAILED it!! It was just perfect. Courtney was super to work with for make-up! It lasted ALL night and I got so many compliments! I can't recommend New Leaf highly enough!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2014

The team at New Leaf is so nice, patient, and talented I would recommend them to any bride-to-be. Courtney was very responsive and helpful in answering all of my questions; she even recommended local Bristol restaurants, one of which is where I ended up having my rehearsal dinner!

After one hair trial and two makeup trials Amanda and I had a plan for the day-of. I'll be honest, I was stressed and emotional my wedding weekend, and trying to cover up those puffy sleep-deprived eyes was a challenge, but Amanda did such a beautiful job with my makeup, and my hair turned out great. I felt so beautiful, and my husband was pretty impressed too :)

Beside just my own hair and makeup, they did such a great job with my sister (who is beautiful to begin with) and my mom!!! Her makeup was tasteful, appropriate, and enhanced her pretty features; her hair was not over the top, she felt comfortable but it was still different and more formal than her everyday "look".

I highly recommend New Leaf Hair Studio!

Sent on 10/04/2014

I can not say enough about New Leaf Hair Studio!!!! They came to my venue right on time and got right to work. They finished 9 people's hair and makeup ahead of schedule, and made everyone look gorgeous!!! They were so nice, accommodating, and just went above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and look beautiful. I would recommend them to EVERY bride!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Halle · Married on 09/28/2013

What can I say? New Leaf Hair Studio not only lived up to their reputation but went above and beyond in so many ways. Courtney was a pleasure to work with helping plan out the right services, trials, and day of. The place is absolutely beautiful and the staff is friendly and welcoming! The stylists were wonderful and executed each hairstyle perfectly. Big shout out in particular to Amanda who did an incredible job on my hair including extensions. Courtney, make-up, did wonders on me and I looked more beautiful than I think I have ever looked. I felt amazing and the staff made me feel extra special on my wedding day. The bridal suite is beautiful and family and friends were able to pop down throughout the day to share in the experience. All in all New leaf was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Meghan · Married on 11/10/2012

I loved my experience with New Leaf Hair Studio! They were so flexible with all of my scheduling (I had 5 Bridesmaids and my mother and the Groom's mother) for hair and extremely responsible during all of my emails and phone calls. My hair trial went so smoothly and I had no stress the day of! They have an amazing private bridal salon downstairs, so all of my girls and I could relax and be together the day of. All of the staff were friendly and helpful throughout the day as well, which took away any stress that I had. I would highly recommend New Leaf Hair salon to anyone that is interested in having a stress-free experience and amazing results! Thank you so much to Ashley and Courtney for all of your help!

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 07/01/2017

Libby & Lindsey did a fantastic job on my hair, as well as my attendants hair. I loved the relaxed nature of Libby, as she truly listened to what I wanted, and when I had an edit, she happily advised on how to make sure it happened, while making it look great. I have found that many hair stylists get upset if you change what they think you want - not Libby or Lindsey.

All of our hair looked amazing deep into the evening, from blowouts to updos and many different hair textures and lengths. Libby was right on time, and Lindsey just behind her.

No fault of the stylists, but I thought the management of our appointments was a little rigid - we wanted them to come a little earlier, and they insisted it was enough time. They were correct, but we didn't have that much time for pictures just us ladies. I also thought the prices were a bit high - but again, everything turned out great, so the very minor sting, turned out perfectly!!

Much appreciated, and glad I reconnected with the studio after college! Oh! And they came to us!! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

New Leaf hair studio does an absolutely fantastic job at hair and makeup. I think they are a little on the expensive side but ultimately I went with them because I am always happy with the result and the quality of their service is unbeatable

Sent on 06/18/2017

I felt that the prices for the services were on the high end and not very flexible/differentiated. For example, there was no price difference between an updo or down hair style and it didn't matter price wise that I wanted little make up. However, the stylists themselves were very flexible and helpful and did the hair of some additional people because they were so ahead of schedule. Myself and those guests really appreciated that.

Sent on 10/05/2015

If you're getting married in the Bristol area, I would absolutely recommend that you get your hair and makeup done at New Leaf Hair Studio. My trial session with Courtney (makeup) and Amanda (hair) was great; I left with absolute confidence that my sister and I would be in the right hands on the big day. We wound up having so much fun getting pampered in the lovely bridal salon. There was no waiting, no stress. Plus, our makeup and hair looked great all night long! Thanks, New Leaf! Two thumbs up, you're awesome.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Friendly service. Made me feel at ease day if, and did wonderful job! Even came to my hotel room.

Sent on 09/21/2014

The ladies did a beautiful job on everyone's hair and makeup. When my hair was finished, it wasn't exactly what I wanted from my trial, and Danielle worked with me to make sure I was happy even though it was way past the time I had booked them through. In the end, it looked beautiful! My one knock on New Leaf is the travel charges for doing the services on site, they charge based on the number of stylists, and so it ended up costing $525 for the ladies to travel to Newport.

Sent on 11/27/2012

New Leaf hosts a talented bunch of hair and makeup artists! They are fun, creative, and highly talented at what they do. I visited New Leaf along with my MOH, mother, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. Each and every one of us left very happy (and looking hot!).

My one disappointment was that I booked the bridal suite, but upon our arrival, they said the A/C was broken. We were then shuffled to the back color area, which was fine, but definitely not the private, fun atmosphere of which we were planning. Later in our appointment, we saw that another group was being prepped in the bridal suite. Not sure if the salon overbooked and made the A/C an excuse or not. Oh well, it was a small damper to the prepping festivities.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Megan · Married on 07/18/2015

My mom and I had our hair and make-up done at the New Leaf Hair Studio on my wedding day. It was a bit pricey but it came out really gorgeous and lasted throughout the day. We both have fine hair, which is normally difficult for formal hair styles and can sometimes end up looking frizzy or plastic with the amount of hair spray needed. Our stylists did a really great job of making our hair look natural and matching the aesthetic we were going for. For make-up, we did the airbrush and it looked phenomenal in all of the pictures, even after sweating on the dance floor. Would highly recommend this salon for those getting married in the area!

Sent on 09/18/2015

3.5

Gorgeous hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Vivian · Married on 11/03/2012

I booked the bridal lounge at New Leaf Hair Studio for myself and my bridal party for the big day. It was the perfect place for a relaxed and private experience to get ready. We ordered in lunch, brought in champagne and music, and had a wonderful time. On top of this, the services provided by New Leaf were top-notch. I had done a hair and make-up trial beforehand, where Danielle (make-up) and Ashley (hair) had taken my vision and turned it to reality. They took photos of everything, so I was at ease on the wedding day, knowing they knew exactly what they were doing. My bridesmaids and mother/mother-in-law/grandma all had hair and/or make-up done too and were equally thrilled with the results. Would highly recommend New Leaf Hair Studio for your big day.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Jen · Married on 04/09/2011

My mom and I used New Leaf Hair Salon on the day of my wedding. We had hair and make-up done there. They did a great job, and we felt pampered from the time we got there.

Sent on 05/01/2011

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

3.0

I didn't have a trial so I was a bit nervous but Amanda was amazing. She instantly understood what I wanted and it came perfect. She spent extra time securing it all because of the wind. She and Ashley were unintrusive while we were getting ready as a group and their relaxed vibe put me at ease. The prices were expensive, but it was worth it.

Sent on 08/25/2016

4.2

My bridal party and I were running a little late in the morning, and the salon was understanding and accommodating. Everyone's make up and hair turned out beautifully! I was especially pleased with my bridal hair and make up-they were exactly what I had envisioned!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Mary Katherine · Married on 05/27/2016

4.2
      3.5

They did a great job, on time and responsive!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Molly · Married on 09/13/2014

3.0

New Leaf Hair Studio is amazing! I don't wear a lot of makeup and Rachel did an awesome job making sure I still looked like myself, but with that bridal umph! I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup from my wedding guests. I also had over 10 people getting a mix of hair and makeup done for my wedding, so there was a lot to coordinate and schedule. Courtney was so easy to work with and helped plan out the day perfectly. Especially when we had last minute additions and a change to the schedule. They also traveled to where we were getting ready with no complaints at all... even with the early morning start! I have nothing but good things to say about New Leaf Hair Studio!

Sent on 09/23/2014