New England's Wedding DJ Event's & Lighting Co. Reviews

58 | Salem, MA

58 Reviews for New England's Wedding DJ Event's & Lighting Co.

Katelynn O. · Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing DJ for our perfect wedding!

Mark was awesome! He set the entire mood for our wedding night and he did not disappoint! We were so happy we chose him as our DJ, he played all of our song selections and had us dancing all night! Our guests were very impressed, the lighting was perfect and he was a great MC!

Sent on 07/21/2021
  • Nicole

Nicole G. · Married on 09/26/2020

Fun, fun and more fun!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Mark and I have to say he made the WHOLE process PAINLESS for me! I was getting married in a different state than where I live so it was impossible to meet with different vendors and Mark assured me from day 1 that he was there to take care of us with a LITTLE worry as possible. His attention to detail was great. He even previewed our songs to make sure everything was correct before the big day! He had never been to the venue before and when he got there I literally had to do nothing, he did the lighting perfectly, set up perfectly and played the EXACT music I knew my husband would love. We are so grateful to Mark and would absolutely recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2020

Mark was amazing!

Thank you so much for everything! You made music and lighting worry free the day of. Mark was great about staying in touch, flexible about payments, and very communicative during the event to make sure everything was going well. Very kind and great to work with. Thanks again!

Sent on 06/09/2021
  • Brianne

Brianne P. · Married on 03/08/2020

HIGHLY Recommended! Phenomenal!

Mark was incredible since day one of contacting him. He immediately took my call and sent me planning documents to make planning the reception music easier for us. Every time I called, texted or emailed him, he responded within 15 minutes if not immediately and was always friendly, thorough and easy-going. Through the planning process he was pleasant to work with and understanding. He took the time to iron out every detail with me; making sure he got any song I requested and had the correct version. On the day of the wedding, he was there hours early to set up, provided us with beautiful lighting he placed perfectly around the venue that really set the ambiance we were looking for, he went above and beyond to happily set up a projector for a photo slideshow my husband put together which wasn't his job, made sure that we were sticking to schedule and even when we couldn't (sunset timing/ photographer needs) he rolled with the punches! He really put my mind to ease through the few minor hiccups that arouse unrelated to his DJ'ing, making sure we were both happy, having fun and stress-free. He even went so far as to setting up a microphone for speeches so speakers could be heard clearly and be seen and to bring a speaker outside for our LED balloon send-off!! That send-off made our night! He has a wonderful voice, looked very clean-cut and handsome and all the guests were raving about his music choices, how polite he was and how easy to request songs he made it! To top it off, he was so affordable for us. It was a true pleasure getting to know Mark, working with him and having him at our wedding! It felt like he was part of the family! We will be recommending him to EVERYONE in the Boston area! Thank you for everything, Mark! You were a blessing to us!

Sent on 03/13/2020
  • SAMANTHA

Samantha · Married on 10/19/2019

One of the first--and best--decisions I made

Hiring Mark Simpson as my DJ was one of the very first decisions I made for my wedding...and one of the very best. Mark was friendly, responsive, and flexible throughout the planning process, always willing to offer help and advice whenever we spoke. The day of the wedding, he became a lifesaver. He picked up the (many) balls dropped by our caterer and venue for wedding coordination and helped lead the night's festivities. He took the temperature of the room and played both requests and music that fit the people who wanted to dance (mainly my mother's generation--70s and 80s stuff, which was so much fun and garnered so many compliments from my guests). The value for the money was above and beyond my expectations. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Raychel

Raychel M. · Married on 10/12/2019

such an awesome dj!

He was AMAZING! He was always available to me if I had a last minute change, or had any questions. The dance floor was full the whole night and everyone had the best time.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Anna · Married on 09/28/2019

Such a fun evening!

We knew from the start that we wanted a fun dance party during our reception, and boy did Mark deliver! He was very responsive with us in advance as we were planning, and paid attention to our song requests (plus had a really good sense for which song requests from our friends to play as well). And he definitely "read the room" and kept people having fun. I now have so many happy memories of spending the reception dancing my face off with my friends and now-husband...thank you, Mark!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Chelsea A. · Married on 09/22/2019

Perfect Service

Very professional and flexible!!! The DJ was the last thing on our to do list right before the wedding and they made it so easy and the uplighting was perfect for our space!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 09/07/2019

Thank you for your flexibility!

Mark was always so accommodating to all our changes and so willing to help at all times. Easy 5 stars recommendation.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Q

Quan · Married on 08/31/2019

Thank you for a fun night!

Mark was wonderful! He made our wedding fun and everyone had a blast dancing on the dance floor. Mark was quick to respond and was great to accommodate what we wanted. 10/10 recommend! Thank you Mark for making our night special!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • W

William M. · Married on 08/24/2019

Great M/C voice, and great DJ

We really enjoyed working with Mark, and the evening went great. His voice and personality are great for MC'ing, and he came prepared with all the songs we requested ahead of time - and was flexible to make changes happen with short notice. He also put special attention into making sure he pronounced everyone's names correctly, which in our case was tough as we had a lot of foriegn names to tackle.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay D. · Married on 08/04/2019

Mark was Great!

I used NE DJ and Lighting for my wedding in Aug. 2019. Mark was a joy to work with. He was resonsive and accomodating, friendly and professional - and at such a reasonable cost!! He made sure he knew exactly what we needed for our day, and was super flexible when it came to last minute changes. I am thrilled with how the night turned out, and recommend him highly!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Deborah G. · Married on 07/28/2019

Fun, original and easy

DJ Mark made us feel at easy the minute we met him. He answered all our questions and made sure anything we wanted came true for our wedding.
    We received many compliments on his professionalism and music choices. We definitely would recommend him to others!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Casey · Married on 06/30/2019

5 star dj!

Mark was great!! SO many people came up to me to tell me how amazing our DJ was and how nice and personable he was! WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Harry R. · Married on 06/14/2019

Absolutely Awesome!

Mark was simply the best! From day 1 he was so accommodating and willing to do what he could to make our wedding special. He is communicative, flexible, and the best professional. On the big day, the setup made the night so much more special. From the slideshow to the light accents on the dance floor and tables, Mark is an incredible DJ. Thank you so much for a night to remember, every guest raved about the music!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Benjamin

Benjamin E. · Married on 05/05/2019

absolute professional and wonderfully kind

From start to end Dj Mark was wonderful to work with. He always was in contact even though I had to organize my wedding from a different country. He worked with us to play music for three special dance routines. Most importantly he was an extremely kind and entertaining MC at the reception. I cannot say enough how much I would recommend him. His prices are extremely reasonable and I will be recommending him to my friends and family.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Juliana

Juliana D. · Married on 03/16/2019

Mark was the DJ for my wedding at the Tewksbury Country Club on March 16th, 2019. I love Mark enthusiasm and professionalism. We met the first time at a local coffee shop, and coincidently I set up my appointment with my Officiant right after my meeting with Mark. I found out that my officiant and Mark had already worked on another wedding together. The officiant told me great things about Mark, so I decided that there were no need to look further. Mark was very responsive before the wedding and during the wedding. Mark was very attentive to all my guests' requests. My wedding was fun and entertaining because I had the awesome DJ Mark. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Alysha M. · Married on 11/17/2018

A Complete Blast!

If you're getting married in New England, look no further for your DJ!

Mark helped create the perfect party atmosphere for our wedding! He worked with us to incorporate all our favorite songs throughout the day, and also had a great sense for picking reception songs that would keep us energized and dancing the whole night. He is also an amazing emcee - a true professional!

Mark was easy to work with, an excellent communicator, and really went above and beyond to make our day special. He has a great attention to detail and makes sure he has all the timing, the names, etc. just right for all the big moments. That dedication is so appreciated. You can really tell that Mark cares about his work and wants to do everything possible to make your vision a reality.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Daryl B. · Married on 10/20/2018

Mark Made Us Feel Like Royalty

Mark is so easy to work with and put in every extra effort possible to make our big day very special. He checked details multiple times to ensure we had what we wanted and quickly changed details when needed. He is just friendly in general and everyone who interacted with him loved him. He is just the perfect friendly attitude you want at your wedding to give you the attention you hope for on such a big day.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Victoria D. · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding with DJ Mark

Mark was a wonderful DJ for our wedding! Throughout the entire planning process, Mark was incredibly helpful and responsive. He was always available to talk via email, text, or phone. On the (very rare) occasion that he missed a call, he would get back to us almost immediately. We appreciated him checking in with us regularly to help ease our concern/relieve some stress. Not only was he available to help us with music selections and answering questions about DJ services, he was also willing to provide any advice/recommendations we needed for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Mark was very prompt, arriving several hours early to set up and go over final details. He provided the music for our ceremony and reception, and was sure to mic the ceremony so all our guests could hear what was being said. During the reception he kept our guests up on their feet and dancing and took song requests that the guests wanted to hear. It was a blast!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Liz · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellence and professionalism in every interaction

Mark was a complete professional and singularly focused on how to make my son's wedding absolutely perfect. He guided us through the selection process, ensured he understood how we wanted the event to unfold, made suggestions where we need it, and went above and beyond the entire time. He remained completely flexible to our needs the entire time and was a key facilitator in our event going perfectly. I cannot say thank you often or loud enough to accurately describe how impactful his services were but THANK YOU MARK... from the bottom of my heart. You will be the person I call and recommend to anyone looking for a dj.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Aubrie

Aubrie · Married on 09/01/2018

Mark was amazing!! Don't look anywhere else. Value and respectability both apply here. Mark was on time, prepared, and utterly patient with my family and their tardiness.... I had many questions along the way and his responsiveness was always top notch. His music choices were great all night for the range of ages I had. I would highly recommend him at your next event

Sent on 09/05/2018

Mary · Married on 08/11/2018

Mark was fantastic. He went over every detail from the songs we wanted to the pronunciation of our names to how we would like to be introduced. He kept the party going all night. I appreciated that we could talk about details whenever I needed and the price for his service is unbeatable! He also did the uplighting in our hall and it turned out exactly as I imagined and was super beautiful. Our crowd was very international, too, and we had many songs from all over the world (we gave him the songs/links to songs), which he played for us throughout the night. I'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 08/09/2018

Mark is a real PRO. Always the best in sound quality, selection, volume and presentation.
    They are very accommodating in every way.
    We will continue to utilize their services.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Ryan · Married on 06/30/2018

We hired New England Wedding DJ & Lighting Co. for our wedding. Mark was the DJ at our wedding. I called Mark on short notice (several weeks before the wedding) after our original DJ was no longer available. Fortunately, he was available and we discussed the details of the wedding that same day.

Thoughout the whole process Mark was very helpful, offering suggestions for music, colours, and lighting. He was very flexible and has aways been available for questions with just a phone call. Music was set up for outside (ceremony) and inside (reception) and they sounded great.

Music and lighting throughout the night was great too. There were a lot of song requests, but Mark held his own and played them all. We had an awesome time and I think Mark had a great time too (I hope).

Honestly... I wish I had chosen this company from the start. I definitely recommend them for your wedding.

Thanks New England Wedding DJ & Lighting Co!

Sent on 08/08/2018