New Beginnings Events Reviews

50 | Winter Springs, FL

50 Reviews for New Beginnings Events

Absolutely fantastic! I can't even begin to stress how important it was that we had a wonderful DJ. I didn't have time to think during my wedding so I am so happy that Robert was such a professional and moved the entire affair along just as it should have gone. He was excellent at playing music in genres that I had expressed interest in as well as choosing music that would keep everyone dancing all night long.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Puma · Married on 10/17/2015

Robert was great on our wedding day. Provided excellent service, made sure to play all the songs we wanted and correct order. Everybody loved the music and were very happy. I believe every single person got up to dance. We were happy that everything went perfect on our special day. Would recommend him to anyone. Was also very flexible with the pricing. Good job Rob!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Angeline · Married on 09/19/2015

He was very professional, I appreciate the fact that he showed up to the rehearsal and played music for us and took the time to speak with us on everything. I also asked him to pick the songs for the ceremony and the songs he chose were perfect. I would definately recommend him, not only was he professional but he was also fun and has a great personality.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Mark · Married on 09/19/2015

Robert was easy to work with leading up to our event.
    The night of the event, he was one of us. Very in tune with the energy and the personalities of the people to be able to provide the right entertainment at the right time to keep the event high energy. We would never consider asking anyone else to partner with us for an event.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Jeri-Lynn · Married on 09/17/2015

Robert is a true professional. He works with integrity and is dependable. He is also very calm which is a nice quality to have when trying to pull an event together! He is fun, friendly and flexible. He also has a great voice for the microphone, selects the best tunes for the occasion and is low-maintenance. He is very easy to work with. You can give him a cue from across the room and knows what needs to be done. I love working with Robert!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Karen · Married on 04/11/2015

Robert with New Beginnings was highly recommended to us from our Event Planners Global Event Marketplace (Gems) and our photographer Celine Michelle. We spoke to a few other Dj's but we know Robert was going to make our wedding perfect and that he did. His sound system is GREAT!!! He also made the Ceremony AWESOME because without the music and the microphone the Ceremony would have never been the same!! He had all the perfect music that kept our guest dancing. He even brought a projector screen so I could show a slide of pictures. If you are looking for the best DJ in SWFL look no further then Robert with New Beginnings.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Taryn · Married on 02/28/2015

Robert was an amazing asset to our wedding. It happened to begin raining horribly during our reception (it was outside) and it could have been the moment that ruined our wedding. However, with Robert's help that's the moment that made our wedding the memorable party that it was. We had a great time dancing in the rain. Robert was also essential working with our caterer and photographer to make the event flow as smoothly as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/07/2014

Anyone who has ever gotten married knows that a good DJ can make or break your wedding. Robert definitely made our wedding a memorable one! He provided sound for both our ceremony and MC services for the reception and was very flexible as we moved the wedding ceremony indoors at the last minute. He came out to the site prior to the wedding to help plan everything out and he was there with us for the rehearsal; even helping organize us so that things went a little smoother on the big day! He kept the reception flowing very nicely making sure that all of the important parts were included and he read the crowd so well. I must admit, my family is not the biggest group of party participants, but Robert had EVERYONE on the dance floor! Thank you so much Robert for being a part of our day!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/28/2014

Robert did a wonderful job at playing music for our ceremony/reception! He was very knowledgeable about the process and order of events. I highly recommend New Beginnings Events for any of your music needs!

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • W

William and Rebecca · Married on 04/26/2014

DJ Robert was amazing. He helped make the night perfect. The music selection was eclectic and fun. He was able to read the crowd and play the appropriate song for the moment. We cannot recommend him more highly. He felt like part of the family. Thank you, DJ Robert!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Vicki · Married on 04/11/2014

Robert went above and beyond!!! You would not be disappointed in his services

Sent on 04/18/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/09/2014

Robert is AWESOME! We got married on March 9 2014 at The Strand and couldn't be more pleased! He knew what music to play and when. The number 1 thing about Robert was he played music he knew that would include every age at the wedding on the dance floor. He took requests but knew what the Bride and Groom wanted to see. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and will definitely use and recommend Robert for future events!!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Adriane · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I hired Robert and Doreen at New Beginnings to DJ our rehearsal dinner BBQ and our wedding reception at Tween Waters Resort in Captiva, FL. We were extremely pleased with their services and would highly recommend them to anyone that's looking!! We were told by multiple guests that this was the best music they have ever heard at a wedding and the dance floor was packed all night due to the great song selections and fun personality that Robert brought to the table. He was extremely accommodating with all of our requests, and took extra time to schedule meetings with the various staff members, in person, at our venue to coordinate details of both events. Robert and Doreen were extremely professional, tons of fun, and very personable! A++ as far as we're concerned!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Barbara · Married on 09/28/2013

JUST THE BEST. Richard played what we wanted when we wanted it. He paced the music perfectly and kept the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT. Emcee talents were exhibited throughout the reception - announcements, comments, contests, etc - all handled professionally, and timely. This is the second event he has performed for me and I will hire him again and again. Better than a band. Flexible with all kinds of music for all kinds of audiences. Easy to work with. Fun and considerate. Interested in our opinions and goals for the evening.
    JUST THE BEST

Sent on 10/08/2013

Alexandra · Married on 05/04/2013

I cant say enough good things about New Beginnings! Robert and Doreen were such a pleasure to work with. They were professional, timely, and always there to offer advice throughout the planning process. Not only did Robert play the part of MC and DJ for the wedding, he also ran my rehearsal, and did all of the special lighting for my reception. Everything was handled perfectly. Robert followed all of my timeline and song direction, and he entertained the guests. He went above & beyond to help make my night a success! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Trish · Married on 05/17/2012

Robert and Doreen are professional, great listeners and on time. They are the only DJ service I will hire and reccommend. Thanks !!!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Morgan · Married on 03/17/2012

Robert and Doreen are both very personable. They are very flexible in their schedules and are willing to make sure the bride and groom are happy. He did a good job interacting with the guests, following the timeline, playing good music, and involving the guests on the dance floor.

Sent on 03/30/2012

Michelle · Married on 02/21/2009

New Beginnings kept the party going all night! Robert was extremely professional and courteous; he listened to our every request and made sure that our guests were informed and comfortable. We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding day. Thank you, New Beginnings, for making the night memorable!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Amy · Married on 03/18/2016

FABULOUS! We Loved Robert! He is incredible! Not only did he play every song we requested but he chose the PERFECT music to keep our guests dancing and enjoying the evening. He was early and had everything set up beautifully. Not only is Robert a phenomenal DJ, he also served as our master of ceremonies for cake cutting, bridal party introductions, funny moments and more. He took special care to know all the bridal party's names and the names of our mothers and fathers. He greeted guests warmly, took requests and set up amazing backlighting for our venue. He truly is full service and one of a kind. Robert cares about your event like it is the ONLY event and as if it were his personal party. He is a true professional. Very reasonable and easy to work with. He met with us twice to make sure no detail was missed. Robert also gives back to the local community volunteering a lot of his time with area charities and helping with their events. I couldn't be happier to support a local vendor who is so invested in the people of the community. Robert is the only person I would ever call for an event!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Heather · Married on 01/30/2016

New Beginnings/Robert served as DJ for our Hope Hospice fundraising event (not wedding), providing music and lighting plus helping with emcee duties. He is reliable, professional and his experience shows; he fit in nicely with my team. I recommend him and I will work with him again.

Sent on 02/16/2016
  • User6050367 · event on: 12/12/2015

Our group enjoyed Robert and his music selection. He was very personable and easy to work with.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Laurie · Married on 02/26/2016

Robert did a fantastic job at our reception. His business has grown and it makes communication just s tad bit slower than I wish, but could be attributed to me being an overactive mother of the bride.

Sent on 04/16/2016

3.5

Let me preface by stating that our wedding was incredible and while I wouldn't change a thing, I'm pretty unlikely to hire Robert again for future events. When re-reading the reviews of others, I can't help but agree that Robert did a fantastic job commanding the attention of guests and getting guests out on the dance floor. We truly had a fantastic time. My only area of constructive criticism for Robert would be in the area of professionalism. For a few weeks leading up to our wedding, we had a hard time reaching him and to be honest, there were a few instances I was worried he'd be a no-show and we could kiss our $1600 goodbye. Although he was unapologetic (& slightly defensive), he did explain that he is currently busy with many events and seeking to grow his team which, as busy businesspeople, we were understanding. The biggest struggle we had with Robert was the amount of time he spent trash-talking his previous wedding clients during our pre-wedding meetings. He is very sensitive to criticism from wedding guests, so if you are expecting vocal and opinionated guests at your wedding, this may not be the DJ for you. I found Robert to be a very genuine and kind hearted person, but a bit stress invoking (unnessecarily) at times.

Sent on 03/12/2016

2.8
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

I hired Robert after meeting with him, his attitude and personality sold me on him for my wedding. He was great throughout the ceremony but then he told me he had to go to another gig. This was the first I heard of him leaving and having another DJ in his place. Unfortunately, that DJ sucked to the point that people left my wedding because he a) announced every song like it was a radio show or b) he made the comment that “boy, that’s weird” when my husband had his mother/son dance with his sister because his mother had just passed away from cancer (we had explained the situation to Robert and they danced to a song their mother loved). He also couldn’t figure out the microphones so the speeches made by the wedding party and the father of the bride were unintelligible to everyone. I was disappointed with the amount I spent to get a secondary DJ who upset us and there was no warning that we wouldn’t have Robert until after the wedding ceremony. He also didn’t call to see how the other DJ went. I would have been better off hiring a friend or using an iPod after this for the reception. The time he was there was fantastic, the main issue is when you hire someone and give them a playlist, you kinda expect they will be there and play the music you want, not put someone else in charge who ignores the music you want, takes selfies while playing music, and makes snide comments. If you hire Robert, just make sure he will be there. It was the biggest regret of my wedding that he didn’t stay and I get comments from people who attended that they don’t want a DJ like ours. Sucks that we spent so much.

Sent on 08/25/2018

New Beginnings Events's reply:

I hear and understand this review and i am appalled. What they failed to tell and say is that they had cancelled the wedding not once but 3 times and me finding out approx 3 weeks before the wedding that it was back on again. so now i had to scramble to find a Dj to fill. Yes i did go ahead and book another wedding to salvage the date i lost but i went over and above to find a dj for this couple. Because of the situatuon i gave them extra lighting and after the cancellation i had no more obligation per my contract to help them but i bent over backward to help them.
    I am not sorry i made the decision to help them, even though they had cancelled many times with most of there vendors.

Monica · Married on 01/30/2016

0.0

We used New Beginnings for my wedding last month and honestly it was the biggest disappointment for my husband and I and all the guests who attended.

Robert was extremely unprofessional, two hours late, very rude, yelled at our entire wedding party AND the bride. He has no patience and gets flustered very easily. Also, he is extremely unresponsive and doesn't handle issues which his customers(who pay ALOT of money) have. I would never recommend his services to anyone. We requested a particular genre of music to be played at the cocktail hour (he said he had SOO much of it) but he never played any of it like he agreed upon. He didn't have the proper speakers so not all our guests could hear. Whenever he messed up (he didn't bring a computer for the projector hook up and didn't have a way to prop the projector screen) he liked to turn it around and make it my fault which is funny because I was the one paying for HIS services. He refused to play the songs guests had requested (even though they were popular songs). So many guests came up to me and commented on our DJ being rude and condescending. It was embarrassing. Robert has no business being in the Hospitality industry.

Sent on 05/10/2013