Neon Express Entertainment Reviews

37 | Minneapolis, MN

37 Reviews for Neon Express Entertainment

Renee · Married on 09/06/2009

They were wonderful- An incredible value! He was friendly and fun and did a great job of playing music to fit the crowd's taste. I would highly recommend them over the higher priced vendors.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Neon Express Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Renee, glad you had a good time!

Cris · Married on 08/07/2009

Dave was a great DJ! He does this as a side job because he loves music and entertaining, so his prices are incredibly reasonable. He charges based on how many people will be at the event. He did such a great job, I would recommend his services!

Sent on 08/09/2009

Neon Express Entertainment's reply:

Love the music, and love my customers! Hope the two of you enjoy a long happy marriage!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 07/01/2017

Mike is extremely enthusiastic and made us feel completely comfortable while we worked with him.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Bette · Married on 04/27/2012

The DJ was great. He played a great assortment of music and accepted all requests. The dance floor was busy the whole night.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/24/2014

3.5

We really enjoyed Neon Express. There was not one song played that I didn't like. Dave knows his songs and came up with a playlist based on our small must play list. Dave came early and had everything set up nicely. It was incredibly hot and humid and also poured rain on his equipment, but he still made the evening successful. We were impressed. He followed all of my detailed directions perfectly. You get a lot of value for a very reasonable price. Use Neon Express!

Sent on 08/27/2014

LOVE this company! We were married last weekend and they provided service for our ceremony and the dinner/dance. They were so easy to work with; flexible, and an awesome value. We had Marc Ziegenhagen as our DJ - loved him!! Highly recommend this business!

Sent on 09/10/2012
  • W

Allison · Married on 09/03/2011

Dave was great. He was super energetic and kept a good flow of music throughout the night. The only complaints were 1) that we had specifically told him that we had our first dance choreographed and to make sure to wait until we were out on the floor and ready before we started. He did this, but then started the song about 3 lines in which started us quite far into the dance and really threw DH off so he screwed up a few of the moves 2) The music was REALLY loud and staid REALLY loud despite us sending people up to ask him to turn it down a bit. Again, nothing that ruined the night and I’d definitely recommend him for the price that we paid.

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Jess L. L.

Jessica · Married on 12/19/2015

4.2
      3.0

Working with Dave Wallace, the owner was great. He was very professional and very accommodating.

Sent on 01/28/2016

4.2
      2.5

My event was not a wedding but an elementary school, father/daughter dance. The DJ was professional and responsive. (She was not the owner.) Just some things to work on: the transitions between songs should be smoother (there were awkward pauses between songs), the limbo went on way too long (she didn't notice that the dads holding the sticks weren't lower them), and played one song with inappropriate lyrics. I think we would have preferred someone who was more engaging and exciting, but for a DJ that simply played music, she was good. I think we will request the owner next time.

Sent on 02/15/2014

3.2
      3.0

We had Dave as our DJ. He was the DJ for two weddings in my husband’s family. Their price is great, but unfortunately the DJ was the only thing I have to complain about my wedding day. It started on our planning meeting. I am from Brazil and the tradition there is having the wedding march as the song the bride walks down the aisle. When I told him he was kinda sarcastic saying that is a recessional song in US. I understand he was only telling me what he thinks but I thought It was kinda rude. During our ceremony everything worked “fine”. It was an outdoor wedding. During my vows my microphone run out in battery (seriously??) but luckily he suggested us to have 2 mics and I ended up grabbing the other one to finish my talk. The problem started in the reception. My husband and I made a video about us to be played in the screen (rented from the DJ as well). I told him to play it during dinner time. I was having dinner and heard the song we had in the video and looked the video was on … NO ANNOUNCEMENT that the video would be played … no one watching. I called him and told him I was disappointed. I just asked if there was a way to keep the video in the screen without the music just so we would not have the same songs playing over again. Suddenly heard the song from the video starting again. The video was on AGAIN WITHOUT ANNOUNCEMENT. I was very upset at this point. Called him again to tell him to NOT PLAY again! For my surprise I heard him announcing the video and playing it AGAIN!! In less than 30 minutes the same songs playing over and over 3 times. I tried to forget about it and we started the speeches. When the speeches were done I said thank you the guests and said now it is time to party and an awkward silence took the room. No music… nothing. He was not paying attention. I yelled without microphone “Hey DJ” and after few seconds he brought the music on. He did kept people in the dance floor. He also played all the songs I requested and even downloaded them.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Neon Express Entertainment's reply:

It is worth noting here that I was the ONLY vendor chosen by the groom’s family, not the bride. As Cilene mentions, this was my third wedding for the Feuerhake family, and up to now everyone was happy. I have provided her with a FULL REFUND for the cost of the slide show, and while she has cashed the check, she hasn’t responded in any other way. *
    Cilene emailed me saying she wanted to walk down the aisle to “The Wedding March” and provided a link to the Mendelssohn March. The two most common wedding marches are the Lohengrin March, (Here Comes the Bride) and the Mendelssohn March, (Midsummer nights Dream). Because the Mendelssohn March is faster and usually a recessional song, I wanted to be sure I wasn't confused. I said nothing about how we do things in the US. I just asked if that was the right song. *
    All of the wireless microphones had NEW batteries in them. Often guests arrive with electronic devices that interfere with a wireless mic. That is why I had an extra there. *
    Generally we don’t announce slideshows because when you put up a 6 foot screen next to the head table, you assume everyone will notice! After the slideshow she told me that no one paid attention, and that I should play it again, but with different music. I told her I couldn’t do that, because the music was built into the show, and if I muted it I would mute the computer and couldn’t play any music. I played it again and now the bride is FURIOUS! She feels the show wasn’t getting the proper attention because I didn’t announce it. So I announced it and played it again. *
    As she admits at the end, I did keep the people on the dance floor all night. I did play every song she and her friends requested, and I did download songs for her. Specifically, I let her and her friends go on my Amazon account and buy as many Brazilian songs as they wanted, all on my credit card. I’m sorry she was dissatisfied, and I wish her and her husband the best of luck!

2.8
      2.0
      2.0

Was very disappointed in Marc..we gave him everything we wanted and didnt want and only got half of what we asked for..

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2011

2.8
      1.5
      1.0

I was pretty disappointed with my D.J. He did the microphones at the ceremony and nobody could hear anybody but the officiant. One mic was not turned on and when it was there was feedback. At the reception, my father and I had a rehearsed dance. Midway through our dance, the DJ went on to the next song! We had to start all over and I was completely embarassed. We gave him a list of musicians we liked but he continued to play the type of music he felt was right for our guests. The only good thing I can say is that I missed the last dance because I was dealing with a situation and when I realized I missed it, he played one more just for me and my husband.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Neon Express Entertainment's reply:

Hi Kristin: Very sorry to hear about your disappointment. People do need to know however that you had an outdoor wedding and it was pouring rain. Instead of the planned location everything including the sound system had to be crammed into a small gazebo at the last moment. Everything was wet, and too close together. Even though the reader was advised on how to turn on her mic, she forgot to. The singer did turn it on, and had no problems. On the father\daughter dance, that was my fault. I hit a button by accident on the CD player, and I have issued a 20% ($50) refund because of that. I don’t use CDs that often, and I made a mistake. As for music, you gave me a list of 11 pop artists you liked. I played 2 or more songs by all of the requested artists. I also included a few classic songs early in the evening so the older folks would enjoy the night too. Then I filled in the rest of the time with songs by similar artists, and requests from your guests. I had no idea those were the ONLY artists you wanted played. That was never stated in your planner. Again, very sorry.