Nelson's Wedding & Portrait Photography Reviews

26 | Litchfield Park, AZ

26 Reviews for Nelson's Wedding & Portrait Photography

Jasmine · Married on 07/09/2016

Nelson photography was top notch! I had zero problems working with them and even though they were not familiar with my venue they did a better job than any of the recommended vendors that were sent to me. I spoke with Tammy in the beginning about booking and John was the photographer for our day. He worked seamlessly with my other vendors and I barely noticed he was there at all! I received my pictures very quickly (within 3 weeks) and there 552 of them!! I have never heard of a photographer doing that many so fast. I received a flash drive in the mail with all my photos that had no watermarks and I own all rights to my pictures. Looking through all my many many photos I was able to relive the entire day over and over again.
    I highly recommend this vendor, look no where else for excellent quality/service/value!
    Simply AMAZING

Sent on 08/13/2016

Clint · Married on 12/12/2015

The husband and wife team of John & Tammy Nelson were absolutely wonderful to work with as our wedding photographers. They helped us select an outdoor wedding location that would include beautiful views of the Superstition Mountains and were responsive and pleasant throughout the process of our wedding. Our photos turned out beautifully. I would highly recommend their services for any event that you are planning.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Brandee · Married on 09/07/2013

The Nelsons were great with their flexibility and their communication. Their pictures turned out gorgeous! All of our friends and family loved our pictures. The photographers are very in the moment and are able to capture Colin and I with our personalities without posing us or having us do anything that wasn't who we are. Most importantly, My husband and I loved our pictures. We have so many to choose from, we can't decide which is our favorites.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2012

I haven't received my pics back yet but my experience with the wedding and the photography was amazing! He made sure we were all looking at the camera and positioned us to get the best shot. He even took pics of stuff at random and made sure he knew who he needed for what pics and their names. He was very professional and I can't wait to see the pics!

Sent on 08/28/2012

This is one of the last things we picked before our wedding. Even though it was very short notice they were very flexible. They were very considerate during the pictures. It was very hot that day and they never complained. They kept us all laughing and enjoying our special day. I would use them in the future.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Joyce · Married on 03/29/2012

John & Tammy were wonderful to work with. I loved my experiances i had working with them. They did our engagement and wedding pictures and they were very flexable. I got a great deal with both of my packages. My pictures turned out wonderful and I LOVE them so much. I wouldnt go with any other Photographer.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Jillian · Married on 03/24/2012

Tammy and John were wonderful!! They were pleasant, professional, had great communication, and provided awesome pictures that will last a lifetime! Their prices are VERY reasonable and the value was great! Having both of them there to capture the moments was just perfect. Thanks again to the Nelsons!!

Sent on 05/05/2012
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 12/18/2011

Professional, fun, affordable, creative!
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Kim · Married on 10/01/2011

John was wonderful to work with during both our engagement session and our Wedding. I would suggest that anyone use Nelson photography as it was a very enjoyable experience for both my husband and I.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/23/2010

The Nelson's were lovely people to work with on our wedding day. They always kept in contact when we needed them and even allowed us to move to a better location to take the photographs. We would recommend them to take your photographs on your special day. Thanks!

Sent on 11/12/2010

Londa · Married on 10/10/2010

Photos are forever. When the moment is over, the pictures are what will be passed down from generation to generation. Nelson's Photography did outstanding engagement photos and my wedding photographs are so amazing that I am able to remember my whole wedding moment by moment! My family loved John. His photos of my family came out so well, I used it as my thank you cards which gave it a personal touch. Both Tammy and John are very professional, great at what they do and create an album that any family would treasure forever!

Sent on 11/12/2010
  • VICKY0718

VICKY · Married on 10/10/2009

I think they capture every single moment of our event between the two photographers... I'm very pleased with their services and I can't wait to see the finished product...

Sent on 10/15/2009

Dana · Married on 10/10/2009

My husband and I highly recommend Nelson's Weddings. Our pictures turned out better than we had expected. Tammy, our photographer is a true professional of her craft, and it shows. She was easy to work with and moved us along quickly, so that we were able to enjoy the rest of our wedding. Their prices are very reasonable and have packages that can fit any budget. We give them two thumbs up!

Sent on 12/29/2009
  • U

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2009

I really enjoyed working with Nelson's Weddings. They seemed to make my life easier during the stressful time of wedding planning, not more work. They were very professional and always responded to my questions or concerns in a timely and polite manner. The quality of their work was outstanding and the package deal gave me a great value for my money. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/23/2009

Tara · Married on 04/11/2009

Nelson's Weddings were amazing. They provide the newest look in wedding albums, the flush mount albums, which is what I wanted more then anything but they offer at a more affordable cost. There pictures are amazing and they are very easy to work with. My wedding day started out with rain and they helped me get through the stress of that and relieved me that everything would be okay. It all turned out wonderful!!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Carrie · Married on 11/08/2008

They were amazing!! They had photographed my brother-in-law's wedding and had done a fantastic job, so I was so excited to use them. We had to cut some costs, and they were really helpful. They listened to what I wanted, and were excellent with everyone. I am a photographer, so I had high expectations, and they were fabulous. I shopped a few photographers, and their prices were far the best to! Amazing!!

Sent on 11/21/2008

Rebekah · Married on 04/09/2011

John and Tammy were wonderful throughout the whole planning process and the wedding itself. Tammy always responded to my emails right away and didn't ever seem to get tired of me asking for more information. They were on time (actually I think they were a little bit early), fun to work with, and gave great direction. The pictures the took turned out really well, absolutely beautiful! The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars across the board is that I didn't get the only shot I specifically asked for, which was a shot of my husband's face the moment he saw me in my dress for the first time. I take some of the responsibility for this, because I only mentioned it once or twice. I guess I should have reminded them on the day. Still, I highly recommend Nelson's Weddings!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Ariana · Married on 03/04/2013

3.5

The pictures turned out wonderful! Everything went smooth the day of the wedding and they fit in any last minute shot we wanted. The only difficultly I had was trying to get a hold of them via telephone and after leaving a message and not getting a return call the next 2 days I sent an email which was promptly answered to. They are extremely fast answering emails, so if you need a quick answer that's your best bet.

Sent on 04/13/2013

Haley · Married on 04/08/2012

My sister used Nelson's photography at her wedding and her photos turned out beautiful, so when I got engaged I knew I wanted to use Nelson's also. Tammy and John were very professional and did an excellent job. I wanted a special location for my engagement photos and Tammy helped me research to find my ideal setting. They are both great to work with and have phenomenal work at a very reasonable price. It is really a plus you get a disc containing all the wedding photos to use however you like. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/16/2012

Lorna · Married on 12/07/2009

Great service, good quality.

Sent on 12/19/2009
  • User3197995 · 2+ years ago

I really didn't have any complaints. He was really able to work with us and was able to be flexible with us even when we didn't know what was going on. After being able to view all of the picture, there were only a couple of back drops that I wish that I could change. We did get a lot of really good pictures though. I feel that they were able to capture a good portion of our wonderful day through their camera.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2009

Our photographs were so beautiful. John Nelson was so professional. He took pictures of every moment and made sure to get all of the families included. So many great pictures resulted. We have some wonderful memories because of Nelson wedding photography. I highly recomend them. Now I just have to pick my favorites for my wedding album.

Sent on 09/01/2009

We have not gotten our photos yet, but the experience that we had at our wedding was great! Only down side was that we missed a few family photo shots. Otherwise, they were on time, professional, and very sweet.

Sent on 10/18/2015

sarah · Married on 10/23/2009

3.4
      3.5

Nelson's Weddings did the photography for our wedding. They were incredibly professional and had great ideas. I loved the work that I saw while at their home and they were very helpful as well. The day of the wedding, they were on time and all smiles. Very friendly. The day went by fast and it seemed like they took a ton of photos. However, when the photos were available I was a little disappointed.
    A list of the things I did like:
    - They were on time
    - They took many pictures that I didn't expect them to take.
    - The fish eye lens pictures made my train look absolutely beautiful. I really liked those pictures.
    - At the reception my dress unbustled repeatedly and they actually supplied safety pins for me. They totally worked and saved me from having to rebustle all night long. I was very grateful for that!!!
    - I loved that they took a lot of pictures of my family from out of town. It has been a long time since I have seen some of them so it is very nice to have so many pictures of them.

A list of the things I didn't like:
    - They took pictures of my dress with one of the sleeves off the hanger. I don't know if they were going for a certain look with that, but I would have preferred my dress look elegant and sophisticated in my pictures... not distressed. the train wasn't even let out. The only picture of my dress with the train out and both straps on the hanger has my mother's leg half way in it. I have asked them to crop it to see if it turns out better.
    - Before the ceremony taking my pictures, we did a few in front of the large stained glass doors. I thought they were going to come out really nice, but all of them are at an angle where you can see the exit sign and a trash can. Again, I've asked them to crop those out and see how they turn out after. There was one that I think could turn out nice.
    - They only took one picture of us with our wedding party after the ceremony and in that one picture the best man's eyes are closed.
    - All of the post ceremony pictures taken inside the church all have flash and it darkens the back ground inside the church which is really disappointing because the inside is gorgeous. Not to mention it made us look really bright. I didn't see a reason that they had to use flash since they weren't allowed to use flash during the ceremony (church rules) and all those picture came out fine with the lighting.
    - I hadn't thought about it at the time, or I would have said something, but it occurred to me that all the photos of us and our family were separate. it was us with his family and us with my family... It would have been nice to get a few pictures with us and our mothers together or us and our fathers etc. not one picture had joined families.
    - During the ceremony we had a close friend and family member perform readings and there is only one picture of both of them. Neither are very good. Our family member has a weird look on his face as he is mid word and our friend who is shorter looks like she is hiding behind the podium. There were two photographers and both had digital cameras... there is no reason why they couldn't have taken a few more and then chose from the best.
    - They took a few photos at a weird angle and I am unsure of how to place them in frames. I really didn't like that style but I should have pointed that out I guess.
    - After speaking with them about the DVD that we receive with our package, we realized after asking that they would be playing "love songs" however, not songs that are copyrighted, for example, Black Eyed Peas, or Kenny Chesney. We found out that since they are technically selling the DVD to us in a package that they cannot use copyrighted songs. So I'm wondering what "love" songs they do use… The copyright laws aren't what upset me, what upsets me is that the sample DVD that they gave us did have songs on them from artists like Rascal Flatts and so on. They shouldn't advertise like that if that's not what they are really selling. They should be upfront and honest about what they can and cannot sell. Had I not asked I would have been really surprised later on. I'm fine with making my own DVD slideshow, but it completely defeats the purpose of ordering the more expensive package that comes with one.

Overall personally, I am at a 3 out of 5. They took a lot of pictures that came out really nice that I didn't expect, but it was the simple ones I wanted that I thought would have come out much better that they did. They were really good with certain photos, but the photos that I thought would have been easiest to take weren't what I expected in the end.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Katie · Married on 04/22/2010

3.4
      3.0

There were some pro's and con's to using Nelson's. John was our photographer.

Pro's- The Nelsons were friendly and professional. The engagement session was very well done. The pictures and wedding album came out beautifully!

Con's- The wrong date was typed onto our photo cards, which were on the tables at the wedding (for a month earlier than our actual wedding date)! We did not get any pictures by the fountain at the venue, which was one of the main focal points (I was in such a daydream that day that I did not catch it until afterwards)! Lastly, there were more photos of the groom's family taken than of mine (the bride's, who's family paid for the service)! There was only one picture of me with my aunts, and one of my aunt-in-laws was also in the picture. I would have liked to have one with just my biological aunts as well. Some other important family combinations were missed. I would highly recommend writing out exactly what you would like before the big day, so that your photographer knows precisely what you are expecting.

Overall, we had a good (not great) experience with Nelson's Photography. John did get a lot of great shots and our album ultimately turned out beautiful! I would say to any bride to make sure you communicate explicitly with your photographer and other vendors so that there is no question at the end of the day!

Sent on 05/01/2015