Nellie's Catering Reviews

Nellie's Catering 6
Nellie's Catering 7
  • F

farigol · Married on 03/30/2012

We had a destination wedding in a place that neither of us had ever visited. Fredda and her team went beyond our expectations to provide us with our dream wedding. From our first meeting, I knew Fredda was the one that would help me get through the wedding planning. She was always available and was there to assist me not only witj our catering needs, but with all the planning. It seemed like I had my own mother in Sarasota doing all my research and hardwork. She recommended most of my vendors and she really helped my stress level as a bride. I am forever grateful for Fredda and her team and I knew our wedding would not have been as magical without their support.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Stephen&Miriam · Married on 12/17/2011

We highly recommend Nellie's for your catering needs whether large or small!!! The meal at our wedding reception was exceptional; everybody loved it!!! The staff catered to our every needs. Their attention to details from initial planning our venue to the smallest detail was above and beyond our expectation. We are so thankful to Nellie's for making our day so memorable.

Sent on 12/24/2011

Tracy · Married on 09/30/2011

Nellie's did our catering for our wedding a few weeks ago. They are AMAZING! They are great people and excellent quality. They are completely professional and take care of everything so you are not worrying about forgetting anything! Their food is delicious and they have great ideas based around your taste! They all care a great deal about what they are doing and truely want your event to be wonderful! I gave them pictures and told them ideas I had and they developed a simplistic elegance that was perfect! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for nothing but the best!

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • W

Lisa · Married on 08/13/2011

Nellie's Catering not only provided the food for my wedding, but wedding planning services as well. They were great to work with - so flexible and accommodating. They offered suggestions for things I never would have thought of. The food was delish and the staff was amazing. I knew it would be a success when I chose them and they didn't disappoint.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Danielle · Married on 08/07/2011

Having Nellie's cater our wedding was the best decision! They truly captured our vision. The food was FANTASTIC!!! For the main meal, we wanted southern food along the lines of a shrimp boil, and Nellie's delivered! Best collard greens we have EVER had!
    They also provided a super detailed timeline of the wedding day which enabled everything to run smoothly and without confusion.
    As well, they have a room full of decorations which helped saved us money on centerpieces etc.
    We would definitely recommend Nellie's to EVERYONE!!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Carolyn · Married on 06/11/2011

Fredda(owner) & Trish, our catering manager could not have been more professional, efficient & attentive. Even during an unfortunate event in Trish's family, she attended our wedding and saw to it that everything was absolutely divine. Fredda was amazing in that she made us feel like family and that all had to be perfect. Wonderful individuals, exceptional food and display. Could not have asked for any more.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

The Nellie's team did an AMAZING job on my wedding, I was extremely impressed. They helped me every step of the way in my wedding planning and made my wedding day perfect, I did not have to worry about a thing. For example, we realized last minute that the tuxedo rental company did not put in the best man's pants and the Nellie's team was able to provide black pants for him and it worked out perfectly. The food was excellent, as was the service and the decor that they provided. Nellie's absolutely exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 06/25/2011

Tara · Married on 05/29/2011

We used nellies because they were a familiar entity. I was impressed with Cheryl who was the captain of our reception. She helped guide me through decisions I could not have made without her! The staff is the best. It was nice to have an agenda as well that lead everyone throughout the day. The food was good and the staff was super awesome! I would do it all over again!!

Sent on 03/05/2013

Meghan · Married on 04/29/2011

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Nellie's catering our wedding. VALUE and PROFESSIONALISM top the list.
    From my first call with them in the exploration phase to the very last moment of the reception they were warm, helpful and professional. Lauren, our catering manager, was incredibly responsive at every turn, and I can honestly say by my big day she felt like a friend. She returned every call promptly and had very helpful ideas and advice---often proactively suggesting budget savers--HUGE in my book.
    Our guests could not stop talking about the food, and the tiny bit I tasted was wonderful. They were patient with my as I scheduled two tastings to make sure we found what we liked---I would recommend having an idea of what you want prior to the tasting as they will work to create what you want even outside the menu they offer. We had two tastings as I wanted to try a non-stuffed chicken--I was infinitely happy with chicken piccata we tried in the second round. Off menu they created a beautiful raw bar and artisan cheese plate for the cocktail hour that received great reviews from our guests.
    The two greatest value adds they offer with catering, which I'm certain you will get no where else, are day of planning and access to their extensive prop room. Fredda, the owner, was our planner and was as organized and together as anyone I've ever worked with. We had a series of meetings and conference calls (this was a destination wedding) with her to lay out every moment of the day before and day of. She thought of things I would never have occurred to me and ensured the day went perfectly.
    The prop room is filled with vases, frames, bows, flowers, candle holders, baskets, center pieces, etc which you can use at no additional cost. The entire staff seemed to be as excited as me as we began pulling items and creating a beautiful decor--and at no extra cost!
    Needless to say, I believe that Nellie's was an integral part of preparing for and executing a flawless day and I would recommend them to any bride looking for the same.

Sent on 06/13/2011
  • Devin

Devin · Married on 03/18/2011

Fredda and Laren were so amazing to work with. We didn't have to worry about one single detail on our wedding day. It was so nice to know that everything was taken care of on our special day. It was like having a personal assisntant too. Fredda did everything from fluffing my dress, to brining us drinks to pinning the flowers on the men. Not to mention, the FOOD was SOOOO YUMMY! I would definetly recommend Nellie's Catering to anyone who want's a pleasurable experience on their wedding day! It was worth every penny!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Mallory · Married on 12/30/2010

You could not have asked for a better team! We did not have to worry about anything during the wedding/reception! Almost want to do it all over again!

Sent on 06/04/2011

lindsey · Married on 11/20/2010

Nellies was INCREDIBLE! defintaley the best thing we spent our wedding funds on. They took care of every little detail, and made sure the reception looked beautiful, just as I had imageined it would. The staff is very responsive (which was important for me being out of state while planning the wedding) and kind. I didnt feel pushed around and they have TONS of stuff you can use to decorate with. We didnt have to buy hardly anything. The food was wonderful and the evening was just devine, thanks to Nellies!

Sent on 12/26/2010

Joyia · Married on 07/04/2010

"We love Nellie's!!!! Craig, Fredda and their staff are WONDERFUL!!!! I couldn't have asked for more... they did absolutely everything from food and decor to planning and organizing. They listened to our thoughts and ideas and expanded on them with excellence! Every detail was taken care of and we had overwhelming peace knowing it was all being taken care of that we were able to sit back and enjoy our day! We were so above and beyond pleased with EVERYTHING Nellie's did :) they made our wedding day dreams a reality and we will definatly use them for evey big event we have in the future! "
    Joyia & Jared
    Sarasota, FL

Sent on 08/04/2010

sabetha · Married on 05/01/2010

I cannot even say enough of praise for Nellie's catering. Fredda and her staff is wonderful, very helpful and professional. Loren who was the site manager for the evening of our wedding was awesome. She had so many ideas to make our day extra special, from center pieces to every tiny detail. Ours was a destination wedding, coming from the Chicago area to the Sarasota area - Nellie's put our minds at ease with the constant communication and personal touches. Highly Highly recommended.

Paul and Sabetha - McHenry, IL

Sent on 05/08/2010

Liana · Married on 03/27/2010

The Nellie's staff is so kind, hardworking, and great with all the details! Couldn't have asked for more!!

Sent on 03/29/2010
  • Mrs. Hanson

Sarah · Married on 01/02/2010

Nellie's made our wedding amazing! They took charge on the day of our wedding and were only able to do this because of the many detail oriented meetings! I loved the great amount of help they were to me in making sure that we thought of everything and addressed it all! I can not recommend them more highly!! Amazing!!!!!

Sent on 01/25/2010

Megan · Married on 12/27/2009

Nellie's was the most integral part of our wedding planning. Not only did the staff work together to develop a delicious menu but they coordinated every aspect of the wedding from flowers to ceremony to make a perfect day. I would highly recommend Nellie's for their professional yet personal work.

Sent on 01/03/2010

Leigh · Married on 11/07/2009

Nellie's was wonderful for our November 7th wedding. They were professional and nice and were very easy to work with (even if you're a nervous bride). Nina was our ceremony coordinator and she did an awesome job. You don't have to worry about anything once they've been hired. My stepmother said that they had the best appetizers she'd ever tasted, and everyone raved about the dinner. Thanks to Fredda as well for her expert coordination of the ceremony.

Sent on 11/19/2009

Robert · Married on 03/21/2009

We had Nellie's cater our wedding at the Crosley in March of this year. They did a magnificent job! While there may be a lot of good caterers out there, Nellie's sets themselves apart from the rest with the wedding planning services that they provide. We couldn't afford to hire a separate planner so it worked out wonderfully. And they didn't just provide information if we asked, they proactively walked us through everything up to and including the big day!

We would absolutely recommend Nellie's to any couple looking for catering. They are wonderful! Thank you Nellie's!!!

Sent on 12/16/2009

Briana · Married on 08/30/2008

Choosing Nellie's Catering was a no-brainer after the first time we sat down and talked with them. The staff is incredibly nice and down to earth. They are not froo-froo people, but they made sure that every detail of our wedding and reception was covered. Fredda was always very calm and reassuring when we spoke. She was full of suggestions and accommodating of my schedule. Dwight was assigned to manage our big day and he too was competent and took control of all the details.

Their prices are very affordable and they gladly offered up advice on how we could cut expenses. The food was extremely delicious. Even my grandmother (who is notoriously picky) devoured her plate. The vegetarians in the bunch were also pleased with their meals.

It rained the day of our wedding (scheduled as an outdoor ceremony), but Nellie's staff handled everything expertly and set up an area inside for the ceremony. It wasn't what I'd wished for, but it was wonderful nonetheless. They were extremely courteous with the guests and saw to everyone's needs.

Hiring Nellie's was the best choice by far that we made for our wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2009

Robin · Married on 10/15/2005

The food was great as was the service. The coordinators that came with them were awesome and they made our wedding so much fun. We didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 06/06/2008

Meredith · Married on 03/18/2005

Great Service and wonderful food

Sent on 07/28/2007

Shannon · Married on 06/14/2003

The people who arrived at the location were dressed very professionally and acted very professional on my wedding day. I found it very easy to communicate w/ them. I hardly had to tell them what i wanted and they just made the whole setup look beautiful. The sample foods were great and my guests thoroughly enjoyed them on our big day. They are very kind and friendly people.

Sent on 06/08/2008

Dory · Married on 07/12/2014

Nellie's came highly recommended and we couldn't have been happier. They were super helpful in the planning process and I felt confident that the catering (and all the other things that they take care of - like set up of tables and cloths and arranging centerpieces) would be taken care of so I didn't have to worry. They were also very flexible and were happy to make changes right up to a few days before the event. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. All our guests were very happy, too. Nellie's really knows how to do great weddings!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Mary · Married on 03/01/2014

We had booked two previous celebrations with Nellie's, so it wasn't a difficult decision who we wanted to cater our wedding. Fredda, Cheryl and the entire crew were fabulous. I would highly recommend Nellie's Catering. The wedding details were overwhelming and the number of times we had to meet seemed excessive. At each meeting I felt overwhelmed with decisions, yet Fredda provided a calming voice and a tissue when needed. I was repeatedly assured that it would all fall together. And, at the very last meeting, the puzzle pieces did indeed fell into place. Each meeting that was held, each question asked, each detail addressed all came together so beautifully. I felt a huge sigh of relief and knew that Fredda was right. We also have very special food needs - such as no sugar or flour and all food must be prepared so the bride and groom and several attendees could weigh and measure their food. Everything was prepared to our specifications. Because of this, we were able to enjoy every single aspect of our special day. It was a beautiful, stress-free (really!) day from beginning to end. Thank you!!!
    Mary & Phil