Nellie's Catering Reviews

Nellie's Catering 5
Nellie's Catering 6
Nellie's Catering 7

miriam · Married on 04/05/2014

We used Nellies to cater our Sunday brunch for traveling guests. They were professional and delivered a nice brunch. We would recommend the omlette station which was a hit with our guests. They are highly recommended for delivering a simple and chic brunch.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Andrea · Married on 04/05/2014

Nellie’s was all that we ever could have asked for and MORE in a catering company! We had some bumps along the way, but Nellie’s was always ready to amend any issues that came to light. Let me just say that I am not the most easy-going or easily pleased girl around, so for them for surpass my expectations says a lot about the quality of service they offer.

Constant emails, phone calls and meetings prior to our big day ensured that everyone involved was on the same page at all times. Our Catering Manager, Cheryl, did a fabulous job of staying in touch and keeping in contact with me to make sure things were on the right track. Fredda, the owner, also played a tremendously helpful role in guaranteeing our day was a success. Everyone we worked with was wonderful and always there to lend a helping hand if we needed anything. We had a wedding planner and Nellie’s was also great about working with our other vendors to ensure things functioned properly. If you are looking for a prepared, experienced and detail-oriented catering company…Nellie’s is your answer without a doubt.

Aside from service, the food was absolutely magnificent! All our guests were raving about how delicious the food was at our wedding, and this was all thanks to Nellie’s and their extraordinary team. They offer a wide variety of options so that you can make the day all your own, right down to the appetizers. We did stations with a variety of tacos, hamburger sliders, a hummus display and many other tasty options. I can assure you….everything was utterly mouthwatering…even the crab cakes…and I don’t even like crab! Their team made sure my husband, and I both ate, and we were greeted with cocktails right after the ceremony! Seriously, what more could you ask for?!?!?

I genuinely can’t say enough…Nellie’s is absolutely the way to go…we are so over joyed that we chose them to cater our wedding….and you will be too.

Brian & Andrea Wilcome xoxoxoxo

Sent on 04/17/2014

Joe and Jill · Married on 03/29/2014

Very well organized and professional, we had to make some last minute changes because of bad weather for our wedding ceremony and reception, Brie and her crew took control made everything that could have been a disaster into a wonderful day. I cannot rave enough on how great the food was everyone complimented how wonderful it was. I would highly recommend Nellie's to everyone, we will be regulars at their deli as well for sure we felt like we just added to our friendship list. Thank you so much for making our wedding a success.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Nellies was the best decision that I made for my wedding by far! I would have been so disorganized without them. I was looking for a "day of" wedding planner and I realized that they were all very expensive so during my search I came across Nellies as a catering option and realized that they do free wedding planning with catering! I went to meet them and I was really impressed with their catering center, how nice and accommodating they were, and I also loved how they have a prop room where you can borrow things for your wedding decorations ( they have glass beads, sand, votives, so many glass vases in various shapes and sizes, lanterns, drink tubs, everything you can imagine- to borrow!). I knew they were the right fit for me. My catering manager was Cheryl and she was amazing! She had a photographic memory and remembered all the little things even i forgot. I was really anxious on how the wedding would turn out because we were having it at my husband's Grandad's house and it wasn't going to be the "typical" wedding and Cheryl put me at ease. She came to do a site inspection and drew out a map from memory of where everything was going to go and be and was so positive and helpful the entire time. During the process I came for several meetings and they go over every detail ( many of them you would have NEVER thought of otherwise)- so the day runs very smoothly. My wedding day was the day of my dreams, there were no issues, everyone raved about the food and service, all of the staff members were amazing- including Cheryl. I had many family skeptics before the wedding and afterwards we got multiple comments of "that was the best wedding I have ever been to" and "that ran so smoothly". The next day the house looked untouched and back to normal- Nellies was very respectful with the house and made sure to leave it like it was when they got there. I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience. Thank you Nellies for helping me have the wedding of my dreams!!!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Nellie's did an amazing job with our wedding! I have gotten endless complements on the food.. one person actually almost licked the plate clean! Cheryl is an amazing catering manager. She could almost read my mind (or maybe my body language) with a lot of things which was great because I'm not very vocal about what I want most of the time. The catering staff kept all of my guests happy. The set up of the reception was absolutely beautiful. They went along with all my crazy ideas and let my family be control freaks with it all! We also hired Susan as our ceremony director. She saved the day twice- once when the petals for the ceremony aisle didn't quite make it out in time and again when the flower girl did not want to cooperate! She is my hero! Thank you Susan, Cheryl, Fredda, Brie and everyone else who helped make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Alisa · Married on 02/22/2014

Nellie's Catering was the perfect choice for my daughter's wedding. Venue was the bride's Grandmother's home which made for a few unusual challenges but our Catering Manager Brie Barstow handled everything with the utmost professionalism and caring. The food, service, setup and follow through were all extremely executed. I would definitely use Fredda Pohl and Nellie's Catering again and will definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/01/2014

A huge THANK YOU! to Nellie's Catering for making our wedding day so magical and worry-free!

We had called about two weeks before our wedding day, freak out because all food plans had slowly fallen apart on us. We had vegetarians, carb-free dieters, and lactose intolerant people attending our wedding. Lucky for us, Nellie's came to our rescue! Everyone left full, satisfied and saying how the loved the food and decorations were.

All the staff is wonderful and makes you feel like a family member. They go above and beyond what other caterers do. They are willing to work with you and guide you in the right direction to make your special a dream come true.

I plan to use them again anytime I have a party that is in need of catering.

Love
    Mr. and Mrs. Sehy

Sent on 03/01/2014

Brittany · Married on 02/01/2014

Fredda and her staff at Nellie's made my wedding so easy to get through. They walk you through every step of the way. They have meetings for you to plan every detail of the wedding. They have a prop room that you have access to, so you can decorate. The food is DELICIOUS! If you can work with Mary Kay, do it!! She is so knowledgeable and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/22/2014

It has been one year today since our wedding day and still we have friends and family that speak so very highly of the delectable dinner that was served that evening along with the thoughtfulness and care that the professional staff there put in to make our wedding go off without a hitch. I cannot speak highly enough about how professional, accommodating, and thoroughly pleasant it was to work with Fredda and her staff. The food really was spectacular and service all around impeccable. Having a non traditional wedding (without a bride) we struggled in finding a caterer with such a welcoming and open door policy however Fredda and her team treated us with such care and respect as they do with all of their clientele that we could not imagine having worked with anyone else. They were so thorough down to the last detail from table arrangements to table decor and even placement rehearsal (not to mention that as amazing as they were they were also just as accommodating and affordable - trust me we looked around!) I would recommend Nellie's to anyone. They made our whole evening come together in a way that was unforgettable!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2013

Nellies made our wedding day absoulutely amazing. The staff was so nice and helpful making sure that everyone was properly taken care of. The food was delicious and delivered in a timely manner. Fredda and Cheryl are both wonderful people and so glad we were able to work with them. I highly recommend that every bride in Sarasota use Nellie`s Catering.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Christina · Married on 10/19/2013

Swanky Soiree Event Planning recently helped with day of coordination for a wedding on 10/19 at Phillippi Mansion and Nellies did a great job. The team is very professional and organized. The food and service was great. Everyone really enjoyed the wedding. Great job Nellies. I hope Swanky Soiree Events has the opportunity to work with such a great team again. I will most certainly have you on my preferred vendor list.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Terrific is the only way to describe Nellie's Catering from beginning to end! From our first interviews and tastings trying to determine who we would contract with for our daughter's destination beach wedding for 100 guests, Nellie's stood out! Trying to plan a wedding from a distance was made so much easier for my daughter and myself because of the catering staff at Nellie's. They are truly experts and any issue that came up seemed to be handled effortlessly and when we were faced with "what do we do about this" times, we relied on our Nellie's catering manager, Brian Delutz, for his reccommendations and he was always right! Brian is a professional that saw us through the pressure that mounts as the wedding draws near and his calm response was always "it will be fine, this is what we do". Brian was calm and reassuring through it all including through the pressure of "showtime", the reception. Brian and the Nellie's staff were fabulous and it all went by far too quickly! Probably the question that now raises though is "how was the food'? The food was amazing and even days after our wedding, we had people commenting about how truly wonderful all of the food was. The presentation was wonderful but it also was incredible tasting! So, the food was wonderful but even beyond the food, they do so much more! Our tablescapes were lovely as well as their ability to fill in all the little things that we hadn't thought of or knew how to handle. Nellie's was sooo right for us - Fredda is clearly an expert running this business and we are grateful to Brian in particular and the Nellie's staff that supported us! People's comments ranged from "amazing" to "the best food I have ever had at a wedding" . Most importantly, we would use Nellie's again if we had the opportunity!!!! Bravo! Job well done!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Greg · Married on 10/06/2013

I think the one thing I will always remember was the "can do attitude" at
    my daughters reception.Food,preparation,and attention to detail were all first class......the bottomline to my review was I would do it all over again.
    Thanks Nellie's for making the evening a memorable one!
    Greg & Mindy McKinnis

Sent on 10/07/2013

Liz · Married on 09/14/2013

Cannot say enough great things about the personal attention and detailed planning that Nellie's Catering provides! Fredda knows the wedding business better than anyone I've ever seeming and MaryKay the catering manager incredible! I would recommend them to anyone having a wedding, party or event!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Kavita · event on 08/29/2013

Fantastic experience. Very warm and great service

Sent on 08/29/2013

Nellie's Catering's reply:

Thank you Kavita! We hope we can cater your wedding for you next! Keep in touch!

There is not enough space in this little box to say enough nice things about Fredda, the owner of Nellie's catering. She will make sure that EVERYTHING with all of your vendors and deliveries goes well. She is calm, patient, pleasant, and you and your entire wedding party will LOVE her! Oh, and the food was great, and they are reasonably priced, especially considering all the free decorations they let you borrow and set it all up for you too! I want to have another wedding just so I can work with them again!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Nellie's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy we were able to make your special day the best it could be! Congratulations!!

Nicole · Married on 07/10/2013

I contacted just about every caterer in sarasota and NOT ONE had an all inclusive catering/wedding planning service except Nellie's! Not to mention the wedding planning is a Complimentary service. The prices were the most reasonable and the customer service....Im not sure where to begin. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE that works at Nellie's is Amazing! You do not have to want for ANYTHING!

Fredda is the main person that gets the ball rolling. Then she passes everything over to a coordinator ( for my wedding -Cheryl P) Then the day of the wedding your coordinator and a wedding director ( for my wedding -Christie)

Cheryl recommened vendors, welcomed my ideas and made them 100% better with her suggestions.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Nancy · Married on 06/29/2013

When planning a wedding, and especially if you're doing a lot of things yourself, choosing the right vendors is so important. In the case of Nellie's, not only were the food and service excellent...I can't say enough about how beneficial the other services they offer were. Included in the price, co-owner Fredda took great care and time to sit with us and create a detailed timeline of the entire wedding day for us to follow. In other words, you get the bonus of a wedding coordinator. They also have many beautiful props which you can use for the wedding or reception. My sister and I set-up and decorated the entire reception with a combination of things I purchased and things I used from Nellie's prop room. It was great fun and turned out beautiful! Also well worth mentioning, Fredda was wonderful at working a menu to fit our budget. Their willingness and ability to offer grand fare or something simpler is just one more thing which makes them unique and special. I highly recommend Nellie's to any future bride and groom!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Valerie · Married on 11/10/2012

I can not say enough good things about Nellie's catering. They are much more than just a caterer. They plan your whole day and make sure that nothing is looked over or left out. The presentation and the food was excellent! Loren Massie, our catering manager was awesome! She made sure everything we requested was taken care of. We truely had a very relaxing wedding day and were able to enjoy every moment of it.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Kim · Married on 11/03/2012

Our wedding would not be a success if it wasn't for Nellie's Catering. The food was amazing!! And the amount of detail that Loren, Nina & Fredda put into the planning process is far beyond any caterer is required to. They actually care about your event and do everything in their power to make it a success. Loren even delivered us lunch while we were getting ready. I am forever in Nellie's debt for making our event a wedding to remember! Love you guys!!

Highly, highly recommend the Nellie's team!!

Love, Kim & Josh 11.3.2012

Sent on 11/09/2012

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2012

They've mastered the primary role of a caterer; great food, but also provide a level of service that exceeds what you expect. They're caterer and event planner in one. Trisha, our primary contact, had great ideas of her own in addition to executing ours. Even the details we didn't discuss (for example the cake knife, which they decorated beautifully) was well executed. There was always someone nearby if you needed something, but they weren't overly present. Our guests commented how courteous and thoughtful the servers were as well as how much they enjoyed dinner (grouper or teriyaki chicken.) The day was truly flawless and I'm so glad I went with Nellie's. I'd also recommend Trish Richards from Nellie's to do your flowers!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Christina · Married on 09/14/2012

Trisha, Greta, and Nina were all very helpful. Trisha was the catering manager and she did absolutely everything to make you feel at ease. I loved how from the first meeting you knew she knows her stuff. They offer a day of wedding coordinater for a phenomenal price. I highly recommend it. Her name was Greta and she is very detailed and the absolute sweetest woman I've ever met. The food was great and I was able to have an open bar on a smaller budget. They were so flexible and really catered to me on my big day. They have a prop room as well where you can use some of their decor and helped with any questions I had even if it had nothing to do with catering. There are no words that express my gratitude for all the things they've done for us.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2012

Nellie's was wonderful! I was thoroughly impressed with everyone i worked with from Nellies. I had a very casual beach themed wedding, which included a very simple beach picnic themed menu. Nellie's created all of my centerpieces and truly transformed their event room into a great reception area. The food was fantastic and I can't say enough about how wonderful their staff was.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Bonnie · Married on 06/02/2012

Fredda, Nina, Cheryl, Trisha, Words cannot begin to express the thankfulness and gratitude we feel for all of the exceptional, extraordinary effort and kindness you put forth to make Bonnie's and Justin's wedding weekend as near to perfection as possible. Thank God we chose Nellie's as our catering vendor. From our initial interactions with Nina, to the most awesome taste-testing event, to the wonderful advice for food choices to put the menus together for the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and farewell brunch, and for all the support and professionalism of all of Nellie's staff, you are truly in a class of your own!

Part of my work responsibilities is event planning for faculty conferences/ events here at the Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University. I have to admit that it was very difficult for me to actually be the "customer" for a change--not being in charge and having to rely on your expertise. You are not only true professionals in every aspect, you bring your heart and soul to your clients, we are proof of that. What you did for us for the rehearsal dinner was a prime example of how you went the extra mile to do whatever it took to make us (especially Bonnie) so happy by executing Plan B within a very short range of time. What you did for us was exemplary, and we are so grateful to all of you. I had so many comments the whole weekend on how wonderful all the food was so all of the choices were excellent! The whole wedding day was magical, and thanks to you and you staff, you helped make Bonnie's dream come true.

We plan to come back to Siesta Key for Bonnie's and Justin's first anniversary. I am already thinking of having a catered dinner, and I will definitely get in touch with you when this transpires.

Sometimes in our lives we meet people who make a special impact and you know that you have made a special bond. You are certainly these kind of people, and we will ever be grateful to all of you. May God bless all of you, and I thank Him for the privilege of having you in our lives. Sarasota is so fortunate that it has a "gem" in the catering business. All of you brides, I highly recommend using Nellie's as your catering vendor. They will do everything in their power to make your wedding day as magical as they did for my daughter!

Sent on 06/19/2012

robin · Married on 05/25/2012

I worked with Nellie's Catering in Sarasota from NJ. I loved my catering coordinator, Nina. She was excellent! Her and her team were very responsive with every question and concern that I had. I had a clear vision of what I wanted and expected and they were very patient and willing to work with me.

I feel that not only is Nellie's a catering company, but a wedding planner as well. They go above and beyond the realm of catering, including printing name cards, menu's, offering "props" at no cost.... The list goes on and on.

I highly recommend this company! They did an awesome job at making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/08/2012