Nearly Newlywed Reviews

263 | Brooklyn, NY

263 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

Angela · event on: 11/14/2017

For those looking to sell their dresses, I would highly recommend this site. The initial fee is 25.00 and they offer to keep your dress in their stockroom even if the buyer decides after the allotted period that they don't want to keep it.

Patti handled my transaction, and even offered to counter the buyer's original offer for my dress. I chose not to, but what I appreciated was that she had an offer in mind for me to counter with, so I felt like she was trying to get the best price possible. I received 60% of my total, and I understand why they take a cut because it is a stress free transaction for the seller.

It's scary to ship an expensive dress with no guarantee apart from assurances on the website that this is a legitimate operation. I checked to be sure there were no reviews about this being a scam. I'd signed up for so many sites with no luck, so I was suspicious that the one site that wanted me to send in my dress before paying me was interested. The Shark Tank factor helped, but I was still skeptical.

Patti was professional and seemed genuinely excited to help. I tried not to bug her throughout the waiting period, which was longer than normal because of hurricane season, but when I did have questions, she was great about putting me at ease. I'm sure she dealt with so much on my behalf. As soon as she knew the buyer wanted my dress, she said I would have confirmation within 24 hours. Within 24 hours, she sent me my payment via PayPal. Easy peasy.

Sent on 11/14/2017
  • Charleigh

Charleigh · Married on 10/29/2017

Very convenient, professional service.

I had a great experience with Nearly Newlywed. It was very easy to list, sell, mail my dress, and get paid. I worked with Melissa, and she was very responsive and flexible through out the process. So glad I used Nearly Newlywed to sell my dress. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2020

Leah · Married on 10/21/2017

I used Nearly Newlywed to sell my wedding dress. I was so sad to part ways with it, but I wanted to know it could make another bride happy instead of leaving it to sit in a closet forever. I had my dress professionally cleaned and posted it to the site about 4 months after I got married. Within a month I had a buyer and Patti at Nearly Newlywed took it from there! She fielded questions to me via email and notified me today that a check is in the mail. The site looks great and is easy to explore for potential buyers so I think that was a huge plus that led to my dress selling as quickly as it did.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Ashlee · Married on 09/23/2017

I had tried several online site however they weren't secure....NN was amazing... My dress was perfect and authentic.. I'm recommending this site for any one looking for a dress at great prices

Sent on 04/17/2017

Katie · Married on 09/15/2017

Was super easy to use the website. Had to wait a few months before I had any interest in my gown, but I’m so happy my dress will be re-worn instead of gathering dust in my closet!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Bailey · Married on 09/10/2017

I am so glad I ordered my wedding dress through Nearly Newlywed! It takes the riskiness and guess work out of purchasing the most important dress you will ever wear, online. If you decide you're not sold on it within 5 days of getting it in the mail you can return it! Luckily I didn't have to, my dress was perfect! Thank you so much to everyone that made my experience so wonderful.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Carissa · Married on 08/26/2017

I was a little skeptical purchasing my wedding dress on a website; however Weddingwire made it simple and easy! I would highly recommend if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a brand new gown that you're only going to wear once.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Stephany · Married on 08/19/2017

I couldn't be happier with my entire experience! I now have a dress better than what I ever could have dreamed of. The whole process was completely seamless and quick! I recommend this site to any bride to be!

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/12/2017

I am SO thankful I found this site!! I ordered my dress skeptically, but comfortably knowing I could get a full refund if necessary.. Absolutely didn't need that, because my dress came in true to description, in PERFECT condition, and over a week earlier than projected!! So in love and pleased.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Jade · Married on 08/12/2017

I bought my wedding dress through Nearly Newlywed. They were very responsive over email and I communicated with the same person (Patti) throughout. Patti responded within minutes every time and even sent me extra photos of the dress when I asked. My dress was shipped to me within two weeks. I was confident ordering through them because of their return policy and responsiveness so I wouldn't have ordered through anyone else!

Sent on 07/15/2017
  • Kathy

Kathy G. · Married on 07/29/2017

Selling my dress was soooo easy!

My experience with selling my dress with Nearly Newlywed couldn’t have been easier! The NN folks took care of all customer communications so I just posted a picture of it & waited for the dress to sell. When the potential buyer asked for the dress, I sent it to NN for authentication & they handled everything. I found the NN team to be responsive, knowledgeable and friendly to deal with. Really recommend Nearly Newlywed based on my selling experience!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • erin

Erin · Married on 07/29/2017

Great experience selling my dress!

We've all been there, looking at your dream dress months after the wedding, and thinking what do I do now? I personally am not overly sentimental about things and didn't want this preserved wedding dress to just sit forever in the attic, hoping a descendant would one day want to wear it. I really wanted to have that dress go to someone who would use it to make their day special...now. It was a lovely and easy experience selling on their site, and I recouped about $650 dollars of the $2000 I spent on the dress, alterations, and veil.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Joan · Married on 07/08/2017

I had an incredibly positive experience with Nearly Newlywed. I found myself without a dress 3 months before my wedding. I had tried on a dress that I loved at a local shop, but they were unable to get it to me in time. I typed in the model number online and it brought me to Nearly Newlywed, in my size (and for 50% off!!). I knew it was safe because of the 5 day grace period.

However, I was traveling when the package arrived (early) at my house. I panicked, thinking I'd miss the grace period, and emailed Patti. She replied very promptly and graciously agreed to extend my grace period until I returned home to try it on. In the end, the dress was perfect and I can't wait to wear it to my wedding!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Angela · Married on 07/01/2017

Working with this vendor to sell my dress was the most awesome experience! Extremely smooth transaction and the customer service (responsiveness) of their team is one of the best in the business. I would encourage anyone who is thinking about selling their dress to absolutely list with NearlyNewlywed - as someone who has been in the bridal business for awhile I've done my homework and their process and protection for brides and sellers is one of the best. Sell with confidence; Patti is amazing. - A. Brisbane

Sent on 04/18/2017

Tarryn · Married on 06/16/2017

Patti was very responsive to all of my emails. I got a beautiful Jorge Manuel dress for over half off, and in wonderful condition. I would highly recommend this vendor! I would make sure to check there were no alterations to the dress before purchasing because mine was altered and it was not mentioned in the listing. However, I have a fabulous seamstress tailoring it exactly to my needs.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2017

If you are on a budget but still want an incredible dress, I highly recommend looking at the dresses on Nearly Newlywed. I literally got the dress of my dreams for only $575! I decided to order the dress because of their awesome "home fitting" policy which would allow me to try a dress and return it for only the price of shipping. When I got the huge box in the mail I was SO excited and tried the dress on right away! I tried it on a few times and made my decision to keep it! But the great thing is that Nearly Newlywed reached out to me to make sure I wanted to keep the dress just in case I had forgotten about the time limit. Such a great experience! Thanks Nearly Newlywed!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Angela · Married on 06/10/2017

I was able to find a dress In my budget that I love! So thankful!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Cassie · Married on 06/03/2017

This is a great website for people who want to find their dream dress on a budget! Not only did I find the dress of my dreams, but I found it for 1/3 of the retail price. The dress arrived in 2 weeks and in the exact condition the website claimed. After I received the dress, a consultant personally contacted me to ensure I loved the dress. I'm so happy I decided to go through Nearly Newlywed!

Sent on 11/22/2016

After considering various sources for my wedding dress (off-the-shelf, sample sale, custom tailoring, Etsy, etc.), I decided that a used dress was the way to go for the best combination of value and quality. Also, I think many used dresses are probably in better condition than sample dresses. As far as I know Nearly Newlywed is still the only used dress platform with a return policy, so I wouldn't buy from anywhere else. Shipping costs $25 each way, but it is great to have your worst-case loss be $50 instead of $100s or $1000s. I also like that each listing includes all the measurement details (bust, waist, hips, height, etc.) - tag sizes are basically meaningless so this is essential practical information, but it's also nice to get an idea of whether your proportions are similar to the bride in the photos when you're trying to figure out which dresses will be flattering on your figure.

I finally picked a designer gown with an original price of $5500, which was listed for $400 and in nearly perfect condition. Almost seemed too good to be true, but I think it's probably just from a few years ago, which doesn't bother me at all. Before I made the purchase, I asked a few questions and requested more photos. I was a bit skeptical about communicating through Patti rather than directly with the seller, but Patti usually got me a direct, helpful answer within a day or so! Impressive. I also went to a shop to try to find something similar to try on to make sure I liked the style. The dress arrived in about 8 days, and Patti sent a nice message to ask if I wanted to keep it, and confirming that I was happy with it. I won't get to see the dress in person for a few months since I live abroad, but my mom and sister checked it out thoroughly and said the quality is amazing and condition is nearly flawless. I couldn't be more satisfied with the experience or the end result.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2017

The dress was perfect, just as described! I went to a couple of bridal shops but they didn't have my size and weren't able to order the dress I wanted. I found this website as a suggestion from my fiancé and was a little reluctant to order online. I found the perfect size and design for a much more affordable price and really debated if I should. When I read in the agreement I could have 5 days to decide and that Nearly newly wed would inspect the dress, I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did, as I got the perfect dress!
    Thank you for this awesome service!

Sent on 11/29/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/28/2017

I highly recommend Nearly Newlywed to any bride who want a quality dress without spending a lot of money. Few months ago I bought a wedding dress online that was fake and I didn't like it, so i decided to look up for used wedding dresses. I came across Nearly Newlywed, at first i was skeptical about the website, but after I read the company background i was happy to know that the found was the shame person i saw on Shark Tank and that gave me confident. I am so incredibly impressed by their customer service and the quality of the dress. My dress is beautiful, true to the size and fits perfect. Patti was amazing and very beautiful.

Thank you Nearly Newlywed.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Karyn · Married on 05/20/2017

Selling my dress on Nearly Newlywed was such a great experience! The website was super easy to manage and organized. For any bride looking to sell, I highly recommend! They emailed me and kept me updated on my dress, which I really liked. Selling my dress was hard to part with, but knowing it’s going to anther bride to be worn again on such a happy occasion, allow her to feel beautiful just as I felt, really makes it all worth it. Plus, it’s not just going to sit in a box and not get worn or even looked at for years.
    Some tips for selling: I used photos from my wedding from my photographer to really sell my dress, show it’s detail, and how it looked on me with my measurements.
    Be detailed in your description!
    Dry Clean your dress if possible!!! No one wants a dirty sweaty dress.
    Lastly, just describe how you felt in it, very bride wants to feel beautiful and special on their wedding day! Really show them that your dress will make them feel how you felt!

Overall, really enjoyed working with them!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Sophia · Married on 05/13/2017

I was so nervous buying a dress online, but it was really the best experience! It's definitely a legit website and they were always quick to respond (within the hour!) with any questions I had. From the day my order was placed it took two weeks to ship to Canada (over the holidays too)! I'm over the moon that I got my dream dress for half the price and in a flawless condition! :) can't wait to show it off!

In terms of shopping for a wedding dress, I highly recommend going out and try on dresses to see what fits you and what you like on your body, and then find it on NearlyNewlywed for a discounted price. I don't understand the bad rep for buying your dress online... why get a custom-made dress that you'll have to alter anyways? I was on a time-crunch (5 months) and I was told I was running out of time - thanks to NearlyNewlywed I now have my dress well in advance with just a two week turnaround (instead of 10-12) - stress free! know there are sham websites out there but this is definitely not one of them! Top marks.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Maggie · Married on 02/25/2017

I used this site to sell my dress after my wedding, it was so easy and sold within two days of posting online. If you are looking to sell your dress I highly recommend using Nearly Newlywed.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Trying to keep costs down for our wedding while I'm going to grad school, I decided to buy from Nearly Newlywed. I felt confident in the process of ordering a used dress, since the dress is inspected and then there is a 5 day try on period where you can send it back. They were very helpful sending it to an APO as well. I received the dress sooner than expected and got a very nice follow up email asking how I liked the dress. It's a beautiful gown and I paid 41% of the price of a new dress, same design/model#. It's in perfect condition.

I do suggest reading to see if there were any alterations made and to not just look at the street or dress label size. Being 5'6", I found that a lot of the dresses had been altered and the max. wearable height was less than the 5'8" that I was looking for but the website is very easy to navigate and allows you to filter out wearable hights that don't work for you so it made it easy to weed out the dresses that were too short for me.

Sent on 11/15/2015