Nearly Newlywed Reviews

263 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

• Allie

Allie O. · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent customer service

I ordered a sample dress from Nearly Newlywed that I had tried on in a bridal boutique. I went for it because this site has a 5 day return policy and their site says that they first review the dress and make sure it is authentic and in good condition. I ended up getting it earlier than expected, but their customer service worked with me to extend my return period because I was out of town when it was delivered. This ended up not being a problem because the dress was awesome... and I kept it!

It needs to be altered a bit, but the fit was good and the dress was just what I was looking for. On top of that, it was probably 1/4 what I would have paid to buy it new!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful selling experience

I used the Nearly Newlywed service as a seller for a dress that I did not end up wearing because it wasn't right for me, but I knew it would be for another bride! I was so excited when Patti reached out to let me know there was interest in my dress. Patti was so responsive and professional and kept me up to date throughout the process. I highly recommend this service as a buyer or seller. Thanks a million, Patti!

Sent on 02/11/2020

Kierstin · Married on 06/21/2019

I was very nervous about ordering a used wedding dress online, but Nearly Newlywed eased my anxiety. I actually ordered two dresses (at different times). The first dress I requested to have delivered at a later time, because I would be unavailable during the time the dress would've been delivered. Nearly Newlywed was very accommodating! The first dress didn't work for me and returning the dress was quick and painless. The second dress was great and I saved so much money, about 60% off retail price! I'm so exited to have a dress that I can afford without breaking my budget! :)

Sent on 06/15/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2019

Sold my dress easily with NNW!

This service was so easy to use! weddings are expensive and any little bit you can get back is truly a blessing. It’s a win-win. I get a portion of my money back for my dress and a new bride gets the dress of their dreams at a huge discount. Thank you NNW for helping us both out! Cheers!

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah L. · Married on 06/08/2019

Bought my dream dress!

I recently purchased a dress through Nearly Newlywed and had a fantastic experience! I was a little nervous buying a dress online, but this was ultimately the best decision I could have made. The quality of the dress is excellent and the price literally could not be beat. They were also very responsive and professional throughout the process. I'm excited to be able to sell the dress back to them after my wedding so another bride can love it as much as I do!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Amy · Married on 06/01/2019

I bought my wedding g dress from this website and absolutely loved it! They get it shipped to their company first for inspection and then ship it out to you. Right after I got my dress I received an email from them seeing how I felt about the dress. Everything was so perfect. I would definitely recommend this site!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Laura · Married on 06/01/2019

I was looking for an inexpensive but nice dress for a courthouse ceremony, approximately a year before our 'big' ceremony back home.
    The website was easily navigable and the information regarding the wearer's measurements made it fairly easy to weed out which dresses would fit me. I ordered two dresses to try on (they must be returned within five days of receiving them) but only one shipped, as it's the prerogative of the seller whether to send them on to you, so that's something to be aware of. Luckily that dress was just right, the perfect size and length for me, and right in my price range. The dress is in good condition with no stains, pulls, BO, etc.
    Patti emailed checking in and responded to emails at the speed of light--very very responsive. She refunded me price of the other dress that didn't ship.
    I would definitely recommend this to a bride on a budget who nonetheless wants a quality trial gown.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/18/2019

Loved my dress!

I cant express enough how much I loved my dress purchased here! The dress was delivered and looked BRAND NEW! Purchased for 80% off and I received so many compliments the day of and even 4 months later asking where I purchased my dress from! I purchased my dream dress for a fraction of the price and still cant believe it! Cant recommend enough! I send the link to this site almost every week to friends and family who ask!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Kayla · Married on 05/04/2019

I tried on dresses at Bridal Boutique in my town and fell in love with this Pronovias Dress. However, the sticker price at the boutique was 2500 and my mom (who wanted to buy my gown for me) was not happy. I found the same dress (new and unaltered) on Nearly Newlywed for 1500. I was so afraid it was too good to be true! The dress was delivered safely to me in a garment bag protecting it in the box. It is just as beautiful as I remember at the store!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Carrie T. · Married on 04/07/2019

Excellent Experience

From posting the dress, to shipping, to notification that the buyer was happy with the dress; this experience was a pleasant experience. I was very pleased with the professionalism and the ease of selling my dress to someone who will have the joy of wearing it on their special day.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Jameson · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful and Budget Friendly

I bought my dress off this site. It was a very easy process. I bought three, kept one, and returned the other two no problem. They all were just as described. The dress I ended up with was beautiful, just what I wanted, and about $500 cheaper than it would have been new. The alterations, specifically the straps, were a bit tricky since the dress had already been altered once. If you pick one that needs a bit of work, I just recommend taking it to an alterations person to make sure it can be done before you commit.

Sent on 04/06/2019

Hayley · Married on 03/09/2019

Wonderful!

The dress arrived in good condition and the customer service representative, Patty, was incredibly helpful. She even went out of her way to help me figure out my veil. I recommend buying used I think it’s a great way to find your dress! I found my dream dress that is no longer available new and it was everything I had wanted!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Jordan · Married on 02/22/2019

I was about to purchase my dress brand new from a store. Went online and found a bride that hadn't worn or altered the same dress for less than half the price!
    I couldn't resist. The company also did a good job at making sure it was in mint condition before sending it to me.
    Then they kept in contact to ensure I loved the dress.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kimberly · Married on 01/05/2019

I was very pleased with the quality and the efficiency of the staff at Nearly Newlywed. I wasn't super thrilled about going shopping for my wedding dress, which I know sounds weird, so this was perfect for me! The dress I purchased was described perfectly and looked just like the pictures. It was also in perfect condition. I would highly suggest this for anyone who is wanting a designer dress, but not wanting to pay the designer price. Once I received the dress an associate from Nearly Newlywed reached out to me right away to check on everything. They were very understanding and helpful. She also told me that if I needed to keep the dress longer than their five day return policy that they would be willing to let me.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Heather · Married on 12/02/2018

After a wedding dress search that went on for months and an internal struggle over spending $2,000+ on a dress for ONE day, I decided to take a look at used dresses. Most used dress sites are final sale which is way too big of a risk for such a large purchase, so I was thrilled when I found Nearly Newlywed which offers a 5 day return policy. You have plenty of time to try the dress on and take it to a tailor to see about alterations.

I spent a couple weeks searching through the site whenever I had a minute, sorting by price and silhouette, and favoriting dresses that could be possibilities. Eventually I found a gorgeous Augusta Jones ballgown that according to the seller's measurements would fit perfectly – plus, it had been altered but never worn!! I received the dress within a week, invited a friend over to help me try it on, and couldn't have been happier to find that it fit like a glove. All it needs is a hem! I ended up paying just over $1,000 for a dress that would have cost closer to $3,000 in a boutique.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2018

I was "online window shopping" and sort of found this dress I was IN LOVE WITH and bought it on a total whim. (Wedding isn't until next fall!) Because of their return policy, I was like, why not, let me just buy it and see what the deal is. It took about 2 weeks to get to me, and mind you, I had never contacted the original seller before clicking buy.

However, I was so obsessed with looking at pictures of the dress online (after I bought it but before I received it) that I actually stumbled upon the same dress (seller, origin, everything) on other preowned sites. I was so nervous that the original seller might have sold it through one of these websites before I bought it, so I emailed the info address in a panic! Patti nicely told me it was on its way to NN and that I would get it soon. I opened the box when it arrived and almost fainted. STUNNING. Much much nicer than anything I'd be able to afford in a boutique. Needs to be altered a bit, but I went to a tailor and she said it would be simple! Thanks to NN for the ease and for providing such a lovely service. I am excited to wear this gorgeous dress for the big day.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Katie · Married on 10/27/2018

Great Customer Service

I am so pleased with my experience selling my dress on Nearly Newlywed. It took several months for it to sell but I am so glad my dream dress is now in good hands to be worn by another bride. Whenever I had a question about my listing, someone on the staff promptly replied to me and was so helpful. I completely recommend this company, and the rates are very reasonable!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Erin

Erin O. · Married on 10/07/2018

Above and Beyond

I had such a great experience selling my dress through Nearly Newlywed! They were so accommodating to both me as the seller and the potential buyer/buyer and provided regular updates and suggestions to me throughout the entire process. No other dress seller was this hands on. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2018

I am so happy I went through Nearly Newlywed for my dress. I knew I wanted to do secondhand if I could, but was afraid I'd have to buy a dress sight-unseen and be stuck with it. The 5 day window to try the dress was very comforting and I had my dress in 2 weeks. I ended up getting a dress from an amazing designer for less than half of the regular price, and you can't even tell it's been worn. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2017

My dress sold in 24 hours. This far exceeded my expectations. Patty answered all my questions promptly, even after hours and on weekends. She was very helpful throughout the process which was very simple.
    I listed my dress on other sites and had no luck. With the reputation and following, I highly recommend nearly newlywed.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Evin · Married on 09/22/2018

Great customer service, easy to sell dress

I was easily able to list my wedding dress and have it sold through Nearly Newlywed. Shipping it was super easy. Thanks so much!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Carliece · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing! Found my dress new and un altered at 1/3 of the price it was listed for in the Bridal Boutique. I received the dress in a little over two weeks. Having the option to return the dress if it didn't work took so much pressure off. Anytime I emailed Patti she responded almost immediately. She was so helpful in getting the dress to me in the exact condition that it was described. This level of service means the world to me, especially during the wedding planning process. I'm soooooo happy and I'll recommend Nearly Newlywed over and over again.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Haley · Married on 09/15/2018

I was able to purchase a beautiful dress at half the retail price - it had also been tailored so it is basically ready to go! I am very glad I was able to save some money and also am happy to reuse a dress from an environmental perspective.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

The dress came exactly as described! Perfect condition. Great price!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Vida · Married on 09/01/2018

Nearly newly wed is the most convenient way to shop your wedding dress. They send you the dress to try it on. If you don't like it send it back for just 25$ without any hassle of making reservations at a bridal salon. The first dress I ordered arrived faster than I expected and I was on a work trip so I couldn't let them know if I want to keep the dress within the first 5 dyas. After emailing them they extended the time for me. SOOO accommodating. It might be best if you try couple of dresses before hand at a store to have an idea of what brands you are looking for. It is the best option for brides who are busy with work and don't have the time to spend all their weekend at a bridal salon. The dresses were packed nicely and were exactly as described. I ended up buying an un-worn, un-altered, brand new wedding dress for less than half of the original price from Nearly newly wed. Totally recommended.:)

Sent on 03/01/2018