Nearly Newlywed Reviews

263 | Brooklyn, NY

263 Reviews for Nearly Newlywed

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2020

Dream come true

Years ago I printed a picture of my perfect wedding dress. It was too expensive for my budget and difficult to access since it initially was only available in NY and London.
    Well, I found the dress online at Nearly Newlwyweds. After corresponding with them, which was easy and efficient, I am now the proud owner of my dream dress. I no longer have to look at the picture but I can look in my closet. Looking forward to it all coming together on my wedding day. Thank you.

Sent on 07/09/2020

Meghan G. · Married on 10/01/2020

Excellent Service & Product

Patti went above and beyond helping to make sure my dress was perfect for me!! It was everything I had hoped and fit me like a glove. There was even a veil, earrings, and bridal clutch included when I received my dress that I didn’t know about. Quick shipping was a nice surprise! I would highly recommend NearlyNewlywed to all brides.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • madiegan7

Madison E. · Married on 09/27/2020

So helpful!

My dress is gorgeous and in excellent condition! There was also a small shipping problem on UPS's end and Nearly Newlywed was SO helpful. They ended up having to re-ship my dress and they checked in frequently to make sure I received it.

Sent on 01/23/2020

Emily · Married on 08/15/2020

Great overall experience

From the very beginning Nearly Newlywed was great! I was very nervous my dress wouldn’t sell but after a bit it did! The representative I was in contact with answered all the questions promptly and the shipping process was great. Highly recommend this to any bride!

Sent on 10/03/2020
  • Julia

Julia C. · Married on 06/14/2020

Last minute elopement dress!

With having to push our wedding back by a year, my fiance and I decided to make our original date special by eloping. My original dress will not be ready by the date considering cancelled fittings. I had a dress I tried on previously that I kept thinking about and knew would be perfect for a hiking elopement, after some research I found this dress in my size on Nearly Newlywed and just received it last week in perfect condition! So thankful for making me excited again to marry my best friend.

Sent on 05/04/2020
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 06/06/2020

I got my dream dress AND was under the budget I allotted for my dress

I'm so happy I found my dream dress! The normal retail price was a little out of my range, but I found it for almost half the cost on NearlyNewlywed with measurements that matched my own. I was a little worried about ordering something I had not seen in person or tried on, but it was reassuring that I could send it back if I needed to. I'm so happy I took the chance because my dress is absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition. It also came much faster than I thought it would! I was fully prepared to wait the three weeks, but it was so exciting when I got the shipping confirmation early. I will have to have the dress hemmed because I'm really short, but otherwise I think it will need minimal alterations. Working with the company was great and it was really nice that they followed up with me afterwards to make sure everything was okay. I would definitely recommend using this website to find your dress. I can't wait to wear mine!

Sent on 12/18/2018

T Viana · Married on 05/24/2020

Excellent selection, service, & great savings!

Our bride feels like a princess and wants to hug the person who wore the dress last!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa R. · Married on 05/16/2020

Dress of my dreams

After 2 failed attempts at bridal stores here in California, I decided to do some online searching. I knew I adored Hayley Paige dresses and had found one that I absolutely loved. (Via Pinterest) When I searched the dress description online, I quickly found out it was a little more that I wanted to spend on my dress. That’s when I stumbled upon Nearly Newlywed and they had the exact dress I loved (and 50% off of the original price!). Like most, I was VERY HESITANT about purchasing a pre owned dress online. After doing research, I found out that they have a 5 day return policy if the dress doesn’t work out. I also read great reviews online. The dress I wanted just had the size listed, no measurements. I emailed them right away asking if they were able to provide me with then. To my surprise, I received a response back almost immediately from Patti. After a few emails back and fourth, she was able to contact the seller and get the measurements for me. It was almost near perfect in size. I ordered it right away and received it exactly a week later. The dress was perfect! I just have to have the straps shortened a tad bit. Then, after I received the dress, Patti emailed me to make sure the dress was going to work for me. Great customer service!! They made what could of been a very stressful situation a very easy one. Thank you to everyone at Newly Newlywed who helped with my order!

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Dani

Dani L. · Married on 05/02/2020

No wedding

Due to covid I had to cancel my wedding and I just eloped, I already had my dress. Nearly newlywed helped me sell my dress! They were amazing

Sent on 02/19/2021

Elizabeth R. · Married on 04/25/2020

I feel like I’m dreaming!

I cannot begin to express how amazing Nearly Newlyweds business is! I had my dream designer Pinterest dress and when I searched for it, this website popped up. The dress was the exact size I needed and the description was incredible. There were plenty of different pictures of the dress so I could see how it looked onevery side. As soon as I decided this was the dress, I received an email confirmation with more information so I wasn’t so worried about buying a dress online. I received an email when it shipped with the tracking number so I knew when to expect it. I got a follow up email when it arrived to check in on how I liked the dress. The dress was in PERFECT condition. It fit just as expected- no alterations needed. It is my absolute dream dress that I never in a million years thought I would be able to afford. Not only am I satisfied with the quality of the dress, but also how smooth the process went and how caring Patti was throughout our e-mail exchanges. I am even more excited now after communicating with her about the dress! Thank you so much Nearly Newlyweds- can’t wait for my wedding day!!

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 04/25/2020

I said yes to the dress!

I’m copying and pasting what I sent to Nearly Newlywed when they asked if I liked the dress: Absolutely. I knew as soon as I opened the box and confirmed when I put it on. No need for altering or anything. I’ve tried two in person gown stores and didn’t find anything I liked/within budget and was kind of getting pessimistic about the whole dress thing. But this gown is perfect. And I loved it immediately. And the process has been super simple. I can go on and on but in short: yes, I’m absolutely sure and love the dress. :)

Sent on 08/30/2019

Maggie B. · Married on 04/01/2020

Quick Efficient Way to Resell Wedding Dress

This was such a efficient, easy way to resell my wedding dress! I would 10/10 recommend this company to a friend.

Sent on 04/17/2020
  • Emily

Emily R. · Married on 04/01/2020

Such great customer service

Nearly Newlywed provided such great, friendly customer service. Selling my dress was really easy to do, and anytime I had a question I received a response right away. I was really impressed with this company and will be recommending them to family and friends who want to sell - or buy! - a dress :)

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Cherie

Cherie · Married on 02/01/2020

Its perfect!

I went dress shopping to several stores, including bridal rental shops, trying to find an affordable gown that I loved. I found the dress I wanted at a bridal rental shop, but they were asking $649 to rent it for 2 WEEKS! Welp, what do you know I found that exact dress on this site for over 200 bucks cheaper. And that's to BUY and to OWN. Patti was extremely helpful and communicative in getting me the dress, and it is PERFECT! It even came with a veil and long sleeve white gloves. It was packaged very nicely. I have had a very good experience with this site and would definitely recommend it to others!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Megan · Married on 12/07/2019

I had a lovely experience selling my dress with Nearly Newlywed. Patti was extremely helpful and responsive with questions and emails. My dress sold within a year and I didn’t have to worry about anything. I highly recommend this service!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Michelle · Married on 11/30/2019

Probably the easiest way to sell your wedding dress

I took the pics, they did the work. To me, that’s worth the commission they take!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Jazmyn

Jazmyn · Married on 11/15/2019

Awesome Experience!

I was very hesitant to buy a dress online that I had never seen in person - but with my wedding 3 months away, I was running out of time. I made sure to compare my measurements to the size chart of the designer. I am so glad I took the chance - it arrived earlier than expected and it is beautiful and perfect! The best part is that I got a $2,000 dress for a fraction of the cost. I was also able to save an additional $200 by waiving the option to return the gown. They were extremely helpful and communicated each step with me from the time I placed my order to after it was delivered. I can/t wait to wear the dress on my wedding day :) 10/10 recommend.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Caroline C. · Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent service end to end

NearlyNewlywed could not have made the process of selling my wedding dress easier. Despite having a few issues (the first two buyers had to return the dress due to length/fit problems), the support team at NN made everything seamless. They were communicative, quick to respond, and overall so easy to work with. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to sell their dress.

Sent on 04/19/2021

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2019

I enjoyed working with this vendor to sell my dress. They were very responsive and I'm happy someone else can wear and enjoy it! There are fees associated with the sale, so make sure you read that through first. They seem appropriate for the services received. Also, a great way to sell a dress over 5 years old (which at some shops and sites is not allowed).

Sent on 10/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/19/2019

I was a little wary about purchasing a dress online, but the return policy eased my mind. Patti also responded quickly when I had a question about shipping. It did take 3 weeks from the order date for the dress to arrive so keep this in mind when ordering. Overall, though, very great experience and I'm so happy I found my dream dress for less than half the price!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Kristian

Kristian C. · Married on 10/13/2019

Dream dress - fabulous price and fast delivery

Dress was identical to the version posted and matched the measurements given so it fit almost perfectly. Dress was delivered quickly through UPS and came in a large pink dress bag.

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/28/2019

I have bought two dresses from Nearly Newlywed - my ceremony and my reception dress. They have an amazing selection of absolutely gorgeous dresses that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, and their customer service members are super helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend taking a look if you have champagne taste on a beer budget!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Krista · Married on 09/14/2019

I was a little worried about buying a wedding dress online but the dress came in was exactly as described and it’s beyond amazing! I would of never been able to get a designer dress at retail. I got a brand new unaltered Hayley Paige with tags still on it for a fraction of the price. It’s also eased my mind knowing I could return the dress if it wasn’t love. It’s Great site and friendly staff! I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Caitlin O. · Married on 09/14/2019

Dream Come True!!

This was a dream situation, a dress from BHLDN I had been eyeing sold out and I was able to find the exact Watters gown WITH my perfect (and extremely well-done alterations in Nearly Newlywed. The packaging and customer service was thoughtful and meticulous!

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Kristi

Kristi H. · Married on 09/02/2019

Amazing Dress, Amazing Service! Best Experience a Bride Could Ask For!

I was very skeptical about buying a dress online! However, I could not be more happier with my decision! I got a beautiful, designer dress, almost exactly like the one I tried on in a bridal botique that costed $1,000 more! I was beyond happy! It fit perfectly, and I was contacted immediately regarding whether or not I like it. Wonderful service all around!

Sent on 11/07/2018