Near Dark Entertainment Reviews

10 | Oak Lawn, IL

10 Reviews for Near Dark Entertainment

Katherine · Married on 04/08/2016

Justin was incredible to work with and our day of DJ, Mike was phenomenal! They went over and above for us and we are thrilled! We have had tons of people say the music completely made the party for our wedding and asking for their info! We are gladly sharing and will continue to recommend Near Dark! Hire them and you won't regret it!!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Joe · Married on 11/05/2015

Justin was awesome! He met with us, reviewed our expectations, and talked us through the whole process. We had our wedding on Nov 6th and everyone said it was the best wedding they attended ever. He even kept us on track with speeches, greetings and wedding fare. I truly want to thank Justin, Matt, and the whole team for an amazing night! Keep up the good work! Justin, good luck on your upcoming wedding as well!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/13/2014

All of our guests complimented us on DJ. Matt was fantastic... Hit all bases of music, got everyone up dancing, beautiful up-lighting, no bad remarks. Super friendly, easy to talk to, fun to work with on music. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

We were very pleased with Near Dark Entertainment. They were very attentive from the beginning. Helped us go over all of our option and pick out the best plan for us. Their setup was amazing and right on our dance floor. We had used their up-lighting and it made our room look even more fantastic. It definitely would not have been the same room without the up-lighting. The DJ's were very upbeat and our dance floor was NEVER empty! Even at midnight the dance floor was full and no one wanted to leave. They kept the night flowing smoothly and we're very happy with their work! We would definitely use again for another event in the future!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Mandi · Married on 10/26/2012

All the bells and whistles of a big name company but with a reasonable price! Not to mention the quality and attention to detail the owner provides, all while making you feel relaxed during preparation. Down to earth, honest and reliable! My search for a DJ started and ended with Near Dark Entertainment! Looking through my pictures it was confirmed, dance floor was never empty!

Sent on 12/08/2012

Ask for DJ Matt! AMAZING! NONE of my wedding guests left the dance floor until the very end, and then begged for more! We enjoyed the uplifting and fun personality that Matt possessed on our special night. Our orange up-lighting complimented the venue perfectly! ANY future parties we will have I am calling Near Dark Entertainment, and YOU should too!!!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2012

I cannot put into words how incredibly pleased I was with Near Dark Entertainment. They say your DJ can make or break your event and I truly believe that, the DJ is the one who keeps the party and flow of the event going - from start to finish everything ran flawlessly. They made sure we stayed on schedule and were constantly making sure the guests were out on the dance floor having a good time. I still to this day get compliments on our DJ from guests. From the amazing monogram of our initials they put on the wall and the various lighting throughout the room to the awesome song selections and the DJ who MC'd our event we could not have asked for anything more. I met with quite a few DJ's and right away felt so comfortable with Near Dark Entertainment, they were always available to answer any questions my husband and I had and supplied great recommendations for various song choices making our wedding unique to us. They hands down were the most professional and fun DJ company I have met and their equipment and setup stood out from all the rest! I would highly recommend Near Dark and will without a doubt use them in the future. Thanks again Near Dark Entertainment for an amazing show you guys put on:)

Sent on 12/07/2012

Robert · Married on 02/03/2012

The best dj service on the south side hands down!

Sent on 12/09/2012
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/01/2016

2.0
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

We chose this vendor after being referred personally by several couples. We initially interacted with Matt who was awesome with communication and information leading up to the big day. Both he and Justin were fantastic about everything leading up to the weekend. Communication the weekend of was.. not great. We were under the impression that Matt would be our actual DJ (as in I have an email stating he would be our DJ as of two weeks before the wedding). I spoke with Matt TWICE that weekend - once on the wedding day - and he never informed me that we were going to be having different DJs. When we showed up for our cocktail hour, I was shocked to see two people I didn't know at our reception. On that note, I had spoken with Matt earlier in the weekend and had indicated that we would potentially be extending the reception by a half hour and asked if it would be an issue. I was told it would be no problem. When the time came to actually extend the reception, the DJs demanded cash from us to continue playing (which would have NOT been an issue at all had we known about it ahead of time - my father in law even gave them more than what they asked for.) I'm very disappointed because I felt like we had done our due diligence in searching for a DJ and were very happy with our choice just to have them let us down the day of because of scheduling issues on their part. I would love to give them 5 stars, but I just can't.

Sent on 10/18/2016

judy · Married on 09/18/2015

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Justin was MC and then we had a DJ but both did not add up to 1 service provider, unprepared and didn't have announcement music ready so it was wrong or not played at all, did not contact us before wedding to go over list and played music off DO NOT PLAY LIST. Equipment was not as described on web site. Photo booth out dated. Did not interact with crowd and keep it exciting.Dance lighting was poor. CHECK OUT OTHER VENDORS. For there price they are not worth it and do not take any responsibility of poor service.

Sent on 10/08/2015