Neapolitan Express Reviews

View more information

1 User photo

• PSWIRBUL
    Pswirbul@Nj.rr.com Getting married on 04/02/2022

Fed 200 people well and quickly!

Neapolitan Pizza were easy to work with, very professional, and served 200 delicious pizzas in about 2 hours at our high school dance. The kids loved the pies!
    Matt Married on 09/07/2020

Amazing experience

We hired Neapolitan Express to cater our backyard wedding. They were amazing and we’re easy and a pleasure to work with. Highly reccomended them.

Neapolitan Express's reply:

Matt- Thank you so much for your review! This was the cutest backyard wedding we've catered yet! It was a pleasure catering your intimate celebration and working with you as well! All the best to you both
  • Holly
    Holly L. Married on 01/08/2020

Best pizza truck!

We absolutely love Neapolitan Express! They made our party totally perfect! The truck was immaculate and super cute! The staff was so professional and beyond sweet. Most of all the pizza was DELICIOUS!

Neapolitan Express's reply:

Thank you Holly, for your sweet review. We loved catering your daughters birthday party out in Long Island. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. Hope to again in the future!
  • Mo Farrell
    Mo Farrell Married on 06/22/2019

Pizza truck wedding of our dreams

We hired a Neapolitan Express truck for our wedding, and we were blown away! The pizza was unbelievably delicious and our guests were very happy. And leading up to the wedding they were super flexible, responsive, and more affordable than most catering options we found in the NYC area. We did a thorough search for the perfect pizza truck for our wedding, and Neapolitan Express really nailed it. They were patient with us as we asked a million questions and eventually built our own pizza menu based on the ingredients they had, and they were accommodating - using the bamboo plates we brought instead of their own pizza boxes, and letting us tape up on the truck our own menu that my husband designed. We also loved that their ingredients are organic and their truck is eco-friendly. It was important to us that our vendors shared our values. I was smart enough to find a few minutes to shove the pizza in my face during the wedding, and months later I'm still thinking about how good it was. I'll have no shame going to one of their brick and mortar locations and ordering my custom wedding pizza one of these days.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa A. Married on 10/08/2021

Responsive Up Until Wedding Day

I hired Neapolitan Express Pizza Food Truck for my wedding on 10/22/2021. I was in touch with two catering mangers, Ariella and Ashley, who were both very responsive and helpful in the booking/planning process.

The problems occurred on the actual wedding day. My day of coordinator, Janeen, had not heard from Neapolitan the day of the wedding when they were supposed to be there setting up. Janeen then had to reach out to THEM to see where they were. Whoever was on the truck that day told Janeen that they had a flat tire and will be a little late. We said that was fine and we would use the pizza truck for a late night snack instead of dinner. Time goes by and the truck tells Janeen that they will not be coming at all.

We had planned for THREE trucks to feed 150 people the day of our wedding. Each food truck we hired said that 3 trucks would be perfect for 150 people, any less would not be enough food. As you can imagine, with the loss of our third truck, there was not enough food for our guests and our guests had to wait on line for one hour to get their meals.

Shouldn't businesses like these plan for situations like this? Why didn't they have a plan B? Why couldn't they get the tire fixed and make it to the event just a little late? While the catering manager of Neapolitan Express was very apologetic and did give us back a full refund, that can never take away the fact that they affected my wedding and most importantly, my guests. Because we needed more food, thankfully the burger truck that I hired did have extra food. However, the extra burgers were not paid for upfront because I didn't need them with 3 trucks. I had to pay an extra $665 for those extra burgers. I, of course, asked Neapolitan Express to cover that not because they had to but because they affected the rest of my wedding and my guest meals. And because I was only charged that $665 because Neapolitan was not at my wedding. They, of course, declined.

The way they handled the day of my wedding was beyond unprofessional and disappointing and I will not be doing business with them again.

Neapolitan Express's reply:

Hey Alyssa, I am still so sorry to this day. We did not plan to get a flat tire. and there is nowhere in our clean-energy truck to store one. We normally arrive hours early to our events, and try our best to work with the clients as much as we can to cater to their needs. The reason we could not compensate you for the burgers, was because we already needed to pay for all of the wasted product and staff-pay that was lost that day... I understand how upsetting it is to have your wedding day ruined, and how important that day was to you, but this has never happened before and never will again. My staff is in charge of updating me on their route information and when they arrive- so when I got Janeen's call, I was just as shocked as you were. We have since then made staffing adjustments, as that was entirely unacceptable. If I had extra money of my own to give you to compensate for the burgers, I would have... Very disheartening to hear that the way I handled it was beyond unprofessional. This will never happen again.