NC Dream Maker Reviews

18 | Burnsville, NC

18 Reviews for NC Dream Maker

Tara · Married on 10/06/2012

DreamMakers provided exceptional service and truly went above and beyond for our wedding. Linda enveloped our daughter with love and joy and saved me, the mother-of-the-bride, from stress with her expertise and tender care. We were not just clients to her, we became her family.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Tara · Married on 10/06/2012

Linda was such a pleasure to work with. She knew all the vendors and the area which made it a lot easier on us. She found the most precious place to get married and we were the first wedding at this site! Very cool.
    She worked for over a year on planning and was always easy to get a hold of no matter what time or day. It was a very stress free process and Im forever thankful for her and Davids help.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Shawnda · Married on 09/01/2012

Linda and David were the nicest people I have ever met. They were so helpful and caring, which made me feel at ease on such a stressful day. Linda and David are the kind of people that are genuine and you know that they will be in touch with you over the years to come. I am so thankful that I was connected with Dreammakers. My wedding would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Cindy · Married on 05/15/2012

If a bride and groom is looking for a officiant David and his wife Linda are a pleasure to work with. They make everything so easy. They are so helpful to make sure your wedding is all about you. What special people we have met. Thanks again David and Linda for making our wedding all that we wanted it to be.

Greg and Cindy

Sent on 05/18/2012

Kyle · Married on 09/05/2010

Linda was a true dream maker! She was incredibly helpful, positive, and supportive. She took our dream and made it a reality. No joke. Our wedding really was more perfect than we could have ever imagined. She was very accessible, coordinated the multitudes of vendors, was a calm in the storm. She definitely blocked the little details from me and my family so we could just enjoy the weekend and not worry about the little things. I wholeheartedly recommend her. Hiring her was definitely the best money I spent for the whole event (except maybe the dress. Loved the dress :) ).

Sent on 09/07/2010

Heidi · Married on 08/20/2010

Linda and David were a complete pleasure to work with. We asked them to counsel us for our pre-marital counseling and they were extremely passionate, accomodating and helpful to us throughout our time with them. They are highly recommended to any bride and groom that want some sanity in the middle of the craziest time of your life!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Frank · Married on 05/29/2010

I've worked with Linda at Dream Maker on several levels for several years. Our first interaction was just playing bagpipes at some of the weddings she was running. Later she asked us to be involved in weddings that she was producing. In all cases... even in the earliest weddings the events were planned, and executed professionally.

Recently Linda and Reverend David Ford... were a part of my daughter's wedding. The wedding that we produced together was complicated, very deep in details.... and excellently managed and produced.

I am a technical producer in my everyday career life and have been for many years... having worked with three US presidents... and international entertainment personalities and acts such as the Stones, Elton John... and many more. I bring this up because as a tech producer for events of that magnitude... you MUST always have a plan and a back up plan... and most importantly... you must be able to think on your feet...often seeing the problem before it happens... and putting a solution in place before the train wreck happens.... Linda Ford at Dream Makers is that type of professional.

It was to my great relief and pleasure that she agreed to help me with my daughters wedding.

If you want a wedding that you and your family and friends will remember... one that you will enjoy... one that you won't have to worry about the color of the ribbon on center pieces… the place settings on the tables at the reception ... or the protocol for the processionals... then you are looking for Linda to be your wedding planner. The details DON’T take care of themselves… Linda takes care of them.

Sent on 07/17/2010

Paula · Married on 01/09/2010

Linda worked very hard for everything to come together for our daughter's wedding including finding photographer, flowers, cake, music, DJ, location...and all this within 2 months and while trying to stay within a "budget".
    She was always available for any question we had. My daughter and her husband, along with my husband and I were extremely happy with our daughter's wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2010

Betsy · Married on 06/20/2009

Linda was a joy to work with! She was always available and went above and beyond to personally handle the little details of hand painted signs and sandwich platters for the vendors. There is no way we could have asssembled such a great team of vendors without her, as I tried and failed to find websites for people in the area before we found her to connect us with them! She has a great network of people who work together to provide exceptional flowers, cakes, and even bagpipers. Since we were planning the event from out of town we had to rely on her for everything from driving around to write out directions and milage to setting up 5 meetings on the few Saturdays we were available. The mountains are such a beautiful place to have a wedding, but they present a lot of challenges in transportation and finding vendors who work out of their homes that would be nearly impossible to handle on your own!

Sent on 07/20/2009

Laurette · Married on 06/06/2009

Linda Ford is in every way a phenomenal wedding planner. As a mother of the bride with nearly 35 years' experience in educational administration and project planning, I am aware of the qualities a good planner needs - Linda is outstanding. She was present during my daughter's engagement pictures which were taken well over 100 miles from Linda's base of operation; likewise, she attended her when her bridal portrait was taken. She was most knowledgeable and professional as she coordinated the efforts of the church, reception site, photographer, florist, cake vendor. linen vendor. She provided wedding signs. Her responsiveness was outstanding; this was enormously helpful, in that the fiancee was in Raleigh; the fiance in Winston-Salem, the groom's parents in Fort Lauderdale. the mother of the bride in Hickory. Through all of the planning and execution of the event, Linda was wonderfully kind, thoughtful, and pleasant. Her greatest flaw is that she should increase her fee - doubling it would not be out of line. She is the Best.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Catherine · Married on 06/06/2009

My husband, a medical school student, and I, a doctoral student, both work while taking classes full time. While planning our wedding, we also lived in separate cities from each other and from both of our families. Having a competent and capable wedding planner was essential as we planned our big day. After a horrible experience with another local wedding planner, my husband and I sought out the services of Linda Ford. Having been told that we were "too analytical" for the first wedding planner, we were skeptical that anyone could provide us with the attention and the support that we needed. Deciding to work with Linda Ford was a blessing--a word that she uses to close every email--for me, my husband, and my family. Linda's enthusiasm and graciousness are unparalleled. She makes herself available for brides at any hour for any reason. Linda is both creative in providing solutions to problems and in adding special touches to each wedding, but she is also receptive to and respectful of brides' wishes. From literally the day that I engaged Linda's services, she began to take control of all of the phone calls and aspects of planning that are so time-consuming and, at times, frustrating, especially from a distance. I know that my wedding would not have reflected such an attention to detail without Linda's help. More importantly, I know that my mother, my husband, and I could not have enjoyed the wedding--or the months leading up to the wedding--for the special time that it was if Linda weren't present. I would highly recommend Linda Ford as a wedding planner to my closest friends.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 05/02/2009

Linda was great--I used her services the week of/day of the wedding and did all of the other planning on my own, as I didn't want to have to worry about the details the day of our wedding. She was helpful in helping finalize last minute details (bubbles, sparklers, etc.). I would recommend her for other couples getting married!

Sent on 06/16/2009

mary · Married on 03/21/2009

DreamMakers provided a wonderful service for my husband and I. The wedding required alot of communication and coordination on so many levels and we did not have the time to get it all done. Linda was very resourceful and handled all the necessary arrangements and communications. She was very professional and friendly, quick to respond and helpful. I would recommend DreamMakers to anyone seeking wedding arrangement assistance. You don't realize how much is involved with planning even a small wedding, until you try it alone! Thank you Linda for making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 04/06/2009

Jerri · Married on 10/11/2008

Leading up to the wedding Linda was great! We had a destination wedding, we live at the beach and we were getting married 5 hours away in the mountains. She recommended & booked all my vendors for me and they were all people she had worked with many times before and they were wonderful! Before I had contacted her I had done some price checking in the area and she earned her paycheck by saving me so much money and helping me stay on budget. And she was worth every penny even before the wedding weekend was here, but she went above and beyond the weekend of the wedding. I would have paid her double! I did not have to stress about anything, she & her assistant handled it all...I just had to sit back, get married, & enjoy! Everyone told me how stressful it would be planning a wedding, but I didn't have to stress & plan Linda did all that for me. It couldn't possibly have been any better (my friends & family agree) and I couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 03/09/2009

Garry · Married on 10/11/2008

I am so thankful to Linda for all she did for us. I'll be honest I got a little nervous about wedding planning when I started seeing clips from all those Bridezilla shows. All I can say is that anytime Jerri (my wife to be) got a little stressed she called Linda and everything was great! There is just something about Linda that always put Jerri in the best mood, it must be because she took care of everything. Linda is one of those happy people and she makes everyone around her happy too!

Sent on 03/09/2009

Julie · Married on 08/21/2008

Our day would not have been complete without Linda with Dream Maker! From the first moment I saw her website and called her I knew she was exactly what we were looking for. I have never had anything come together so easily in my life! I feel so lucky to have found her and her services. From the moment I explained to her what we were looking for, she knew exactly what to recommend and it just all fell into place beautifully. It's wonderful to work with someone so pleasant and easy going when you are so worried about things coming together on such and important day! I've heard of brides speak of their wedding days being disasters and I could only hope for those lucky brides-to-be out there that they get in contact with Linda and she will make all there dreams come true! Seriously!

Sent on 03/11/2009

BEV · Married on 06/02/2012

I am the mother of the groom so I did not work with Linda quite as much as the bride's family did but I spent a day with her and I was in touch with her several times by email and phone. She was always very helpful and I appreciated her input since I live in SC and the wedding was at Grandfather Mountain. David was wonderful and very professional under some unusual circumstances. We appreciated all that both of them did to make the weekend special.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Nikki · Married on 10/10/2009

Linda was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. She knows all the best vendors (all of the vendors she recommended and arranged for us provided top quality service and worked with us to make our day perfect). She answered all of our questions and concerns along the way and made the whole planning experience fun and very low-stress. I would highly recommended her services for any wedding in the NC mountains. The services she provides are well beyond the fee she charges and because of her recommendations, we probably still saved money in the end. If you can't afford her services as a planner, I know she also offers the service of handling all the vendors and the wedding day timing on the wedding day itself, which I strongly recommend. The wedding day went so smoothly and we (as well as our bridesmaids, groomsmen, and parents) were able to get ready and enjoy the whole day without worrying about what was next, where the vendors were or whether everyone had been paid because she handled all of it. She even worked hard to move our ceremony back outside after it had stopped raining with only 30 minutes until the wedding. In addition to all of that, she is a truly wonderful and kind-hearted person and it was a joy to get to know her.

Sent on 10/19/2009