Nationwide Chauffeured Services Reviews

40 | Alexandria, VA

40 Reviews for Nationwide Chauffeured Services

Briton · Married on 09/12/2015

I priced out many competitors here in the DMV area and NATIONWIDE Chauffeured Services by far was the best price around. With the best value, they did not skimp on the quality of the service. The driver showed up on time at the hotel to pick up the wedding party and was very friendly and got us to our photograph locations around the Mall efficiently and safely. He was there to pick us up when we called and the bus was stocked with water, which was much needed! I would recommend this service to any and all in the area!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kara · Married on 11/06/2010

I priced both limos and buses in the DC area and Nationwide Limousine Service was by far the best deal. I have no complaints, the drivers called when they were close and arrived 15 minutes early. The 10 passenger limo we were supposed to use got in an accident the night before the wedding, so they upgraded us to a 14 passenger. It was very nice to have the extra space after the wedding ceremony, so we could spread out more and not have to be cramped. We worked with Patsy and she was very accommodating and helpful.

Sent on 11/13/2010
  • Dallas

Dallas · Married on 11/01/2008

jonathan was great and showed us the limos in person before we booked
    they showed up on time and the limo was clean.
    the limo driver was nice.
    and we put in a last minute stop so we could get outdoor pictures in and he was completely ok with it.
    only complaint is from the business side, they charged our holding fee (which was the cost of the limo) and the charged for the limo at the same time ... so if we didn't have enough money in our acct, it could have bounced or we could have been charged an over draft fee

Sent on 11/02/2008

Nationwide Chauffeured Services's reply:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Susan · Married on 10/25/2014

Overall my huband and I were happy with Nationwide. We had two shuttles for our guest to take them to and from the church and venue. We also had a limo to take us around for the wedding photos with the bridal party. They showed up on time and were professional which helped relieve wedding day stress.

The main issue we had on the wedding day was one of the drivers didn't go to the hotel for the final pick up of guest to the wedding. Beforehand we had set out a tentative schedule and given them to the guest and drivers. Some of the guest with young children were relying on the last shuttle time to get to the church. However, one of the drivers decided that since his last pick up had been light that all the guest had been picked up. When we realized that some of these important guest had not yet made it to the church and were still waiting for a shuttle to arrive- my father and father-in-law approached the drivers and sent one of them back to get the last group. We had to delay the wedding by 10 minutes to ensure they arrived. It was frustrating but we appreciated that they immediately responded to go pick up the final crew.

For the price, we thought they provided a good value. The limo driver was flexible in driving us around Old town for the pictures and our guest really appreciated having the shuttle to transport them around. Aside from the one mix up, everything else went very smoothly.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Laine · Married on 08/27/2016

3.6
      3.0

My overall advice for booking transportation is not about this specific vendor - but do not book your transportation too early! It's not the type of thing that needs to be booked a year out, and there is a good chance that your needs will change. I initially contacted multiple vendors trying to book a shuttle for my guests from the hotel to the venue. Nationwide was responsive and gave me the best price, so I went with them. I was thinking this was something easy to cross of my to-do list in advance. However, I eventually added on a second shuttle for guests and a limo for the bridal party. Again Nationwide was flexible and accommodating, and the price I paid seems reasonable, but maybe if I knew my full needs up front I could have gotten a better price (either from them or someone else).

As I mentioned, the sales person I dealt with at Nationwide (Brian) was very responsive and helpful. However the other employees that I dealt with were not as great. In the days leading up to the event I got multiple messages from people who didn't leave their names and there was confusion when I called back. As mentioned I had multiple reservations and they didn't seem linked in their system so they would call separately for each one. One of the calls was asking if they could substitute a large charter bus for one of my shuttles because they were having problems with the AC. I said okay but it made me wonder what would have happened if that charter bus hadn't been available. Would they have sent me a shuttle with no AC (it was extremely hot the weekend of my wedding so it would have been a real problem)?

On the day of our limo driver seemed annoyed when we were running late (what bride isn't running late on her wedding date?!). I also heard from some guests that the shuttle drive was driving very erratically after the reception ended, taking turns too fast and swerving. So overall, not great service on the day of. I have mixed feelings about recommending this company.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 04/05/2008

3.6
      3.0

The limo driver was prompt. He was very easy going and told us to take our time. He was grounded when we were stressed. He also assisted us when taking things out of the trunk. The only thing is that the limo broke down outside the church and had to be jumped.

Sent on 06/05/2008
  • Ricky

Ricky Harrison · Married on 08/31/2019

3.4
      2.0

Left a lot to be desired!

The service was OK. We rented a 15 passenger party bus. The bus wasn't as posh as I'd hoped and was very outdated. For instance, we could not listen to music because the music system neither has Bluetooth nor can it be paired with an iPhone. Secondly, the seats had tears in them, and the floors were all scratched up. The driver was pleasant and did a great job navigating. He was also on-time. However, as a bottom line, I will not be using this company again because of the low quality of the vehicle.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Tara · Married on 10/01/2017

2.8
      3.5
      3.5
      0.5

I'll start out by saying that I went with Nationwide because they BY FAR had the best prices and they provided all the services they said they would. But I had major issues with how they conduct their business.

I called them after seeing a Groupon and I called to make sure I could use it -- it was for money to be put towards a bus rental. They told me I couldn't use it but they would give me a 10% discount. I thought this was weird but a lot of companies lose money with Groupon so they'd rather give you a discount. I went along with it.

I booked them for 2 coach buses to and from my wedding. They were not up front with how many hours was included in the rental so it wasn't until I was about to book that I realized their price was only for 4 hours. I felt like that was hidden because what wedding needs a 4 hour bus for drop off and pick up when most weddings last at least 5 hours.

Then I got a quote for 2 limos. When I emailed to confirm if the rate still was good they replied "no." No responses to several emails for availability for a limo. Eventually I was too stressed out and had a bridesmaid find a different limo company for us. In the back of my mind I was really worried that the buses weren't going to show up.

48 hours before the wedding I received confirmation emails for 3 services the next day, including the 2 limos I didn't book. When I called they insisted I booked the limos. They eventually told me I was right and cancelled the 2 limos.

24 hours before the wedding they ran my credit card which was flagged as suspicious. They had previously made me send a photo of my credit card (sketch!) and demanded I send the photo -- I was AT my rehearsal dinner and they were threatening not to send the buses unless I sent the photo ASAP. THEN they didn't confirm we were set until I texted and emailed the DAY OF the wedding.

They caused a lot of extra stress for us.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Nedj · Married on 09/29/2017

2.6
      2.5

I chose Nationwide Chauffeured Services about a month before my wedding day. I emailed Azam and he emailed me back and we settled on a 2017 Lincoln Town car for my point to point pickup. We set up a time where he was supposed to give me a call, but he never did. I had to call him and had no answer. I emailed him again. Finally several calls later, we managed to lock in a deposit where we paid 30% of the deposit on my husband's credit card. Now it wasn't until the night before my wedding, after my rehearsal dinner, where I received an email from them, saying they had not received my rental agreement and if they did not get it back, there was a chance that they would not be picking us up after the wedding. I panicked as I was getting in bed at my hotel to get sleep before the big day, when I received this last minute email. I had to call my husband for his CC info and sign the agreement. I called Nationwide and they assured once I had the CC info (even though they previously had it before from my deposit), and once I signed the e-doc, we would be good to go. Now, comes the morning of the wedding and I'm getting my makeup done. I check my phone and another email comes through asking that they need a PICTURE of the FRONT AND BACK of the credit card, as well as my husband's DRIVERS LICENSE, front and back, I kid you not. My husband was out at top golf with his groomsmen and I had to call him for him to send me pictures of both so that we could get picked up from our wedding venue and taken back to the hotel. I sent it back to them but let them know how livid I was that I was doing this all on the day of my wedding- this could all have been avoided with better preparation and sending emails in advance instead of the day of the wedding. The cherry on top of it was that we had paid for a point-to-point service, $119 all taxes and gratuity included. Since I was so agitated, I did not tip our driver anything extra. He laughs out loud to a stranger nearby for getting nothing.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Samuel Adams Mason · Married on 10/05/2019

Did not show up

Did not show up for our wedding.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Sameh

Sameh · Married on 02/16/2019

Very Very Very bad experience and serivce

Very Very Vaery bad Company and Service. We rented the while MKT Limo for our wedding. The driver was crazy. First of all, he crashed the right side of the Limo into the hotel front sign and he didn't try to adjust his position, but he continued driving and everyone in the street was looking at him, but he didn't care. When we finished the cermony in the church, the car was outside, but the driver wasn't. We went looking for him for 15 min and he was smoking a cigarrete. Finally we arrived at the reciption right on time, then I found they charged me for an extra hour, I called and argued with them for three weeks untill I got the hour back, but they refused to refund me for the damaged car and I will take them to the court for that. Please please please stay away from this comapny. Very bad service, very bad customer service and very bad overall. It will ruin your event.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Anna · Married on 10/13/2018

Run the other way!

We had a really negative experience using Nationwide for shuttling between reception and hotel for guests on our big day. Frankly, it was one of the worst customer service experiences that I have ever had. There were issues with repeated charges on the credit card on file for the reservation. When I spoke to the office personnel, they were extremely rude over the phone. One of the managers actually told me to "be quiet", that he would "let me know when it was my turn to speak", and even called back to continue on after I finally disconnected the call. I would strongly discourage anyone from booking.

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Dominika

Dominika · Married on 04/28/2018

0.8
      0.5

We were deeply disappointed in the service Nationwide provided us on our wedding day. There were several issues with the party bus and we do not feel it was up to par to the service we were expecting and paid so much for.
    1. The bus was supposed to fit 30 passengers but barely fit 20 adults.
    2. The air conditioning did not work on a 75 degree day. It was extremely hot on the bus and we had 2 very pregnant women on the bus, which served as quite a risk.
    3. The driver dropped us off .5 mile away from the actual destination for our portraits and would not turn down the road when I told him we was at the wrong address so we had to walk through the city with 20 people to get to our destination.
    5. Extra hours were quoted to be $100 and we were charged $250 for the extra hour.

This was a very important day in our lives and these issues were a huge nuisance on our day. We chose these services because of the reviews they had on Wedding Wire from previous customers so we are very shocked at this level of poor service. When we contacted them about our complaints it took them 2 months and 2 more follow ups to get a resolution and all we got was the $250 reimbursed for the extra hour.

Do not hire them for your wedding day!

Sent on 08/04/2018

0.0

Nationwide failed us miserably on our wedding day. They were late to pick up my out of town guests to go to the wedding and were over an hour late to pick up the guests from the venue to take them back to the hotel. It was incredibly embarrassing. Instead of my wife and I getting to enjoy our drive as we left our reception, we were forced to call the driver and Nationwide dispatch many times to track down the shuttle. They repeatedly lied to me, my wife, and several guests about the shuttle's location. The wedding venue and staff were forced to stay past the time when our contract said we must vacate the premise. The wedding was at a fairly remote location in Leesburg, so everyone was basically stranded for over an hour. It was a disaster.

I've reached out to Nationwide several times since our wedding to resolve this. I spoke with one of its owners today who belittled me, yelled at me, and dismissed our claims by saying "stuff happens." The company offered to give me a full refund if and only if I remove or heavily edit my negative reviews of the company on Yelp and Google. I've also disputed the transaction with my credit card company. In its response to my complaint, Nationwide lied about the service it provided to me on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Austin · Married on 06/12/2015

0.0

Nationwide failed us miserably on our wedding day. They were late to pick up my out of town guests to go to the wedding and were over an hour late to pick up the guests from the venue to take them back to the hotel. It was incredibly embarrassing. Instead of my wife and I getting to enjoy our drive as we left our reception, we were forced to call the driver and Nationwide dispatch many times to track down the shuttle. They repeatedly lied to me, my wife, and several guests about the shuttle\'s location. The wedding venue and staff were forced to stay past the time when our contract said we must vacate the premises. The wedding was at a fairly remote location in Leesburg, so everyone was basically stranded for over an hour. It was a disaster.\r\n\r\nI\'ve reached out to Nationwide several times since our wedding to resolve this. I spoke with one of its owners today who belittled me, yelled at me, and dismissed our claims by saying \"stuff happens.\" The company offered to give me a full refund if and only if I remove or heavily edit my negative reviews of the company on Yelp and Google. I\'ve also disputed the transaction with my credit card company. In its response to my complaint, Nationwide lied about the service it provided to me on my wedding day.\r\n\r\nIf you want a reliable and trustworthy company for your event, one that will provide you excellent service or, in the event something happens, make it right, I would avoid Nationwide at all costs.

Sent on 09/24/2015