Naman's Catering Reviews

53 | Mobile, AL

53 Reviews for Naman's Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lucille · Married on 09/25/2010

Of course I remember nothing of the food (what bride does?), but everyone said the food was fabulous. I do remember the service being fabulous - we had our own attendant who brought us wine, food, water, whatever we needed.

The catering staff said as we were closing down for the evening that ours was one of the best weddings they had ever worked. Not sure if that's true (isn't every wedding the best?) but it sure made me feel great.

You won't go wrong with Namans.

Sent on 02/05/2011
  • Traci

Traci · Married on 09/19/2009

Namans food is not only wonderful, but the service is amazing! They "assign" the waitstaff to the wedding party and family to make sure we never have an empty glass. The food is fabulous. We are still getting compliments over two months later!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Brittany · Married on 07/11/2009

Nobody does catering in Mobile like Naman's. The truly offer the best service and are worth every penny. Everything was flawless. The event planner, Amber, helped me so much through the process. The on site coordinator, Anna, is the best. The food and service was excellent. I couldn't have picked a better catering vendor!

Sent on 07/20/2009

TABBY · Married on 07/19/2008

so impressed...they not only handle the food but they make it all come togehter...rentals to decor...we love them!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2008

cynthia · Married on 04/19/2008

I loved this catering service. They had done weddings before for some other friend's weddings I had attended. Food was incredible. We knew way before our wedding day that we would use them. Their coordinator was great, always responsive, always flexible. With us having a hispanic/american wedding, we needed to have both food cultures and they worked with me to help us do that. Everyone commented on the food and the layout. It was incredible!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2008

Katy · Married on 02/24/2008

The food was amazing! I pretty much knew that before hand, but I expected this well known Mobile service to be pricey. They were very affordable, I'd checked out several other services. Everyone raved about how incredible the food was and their staff was so helpful. If I could give them six stars I would!

Sent on 04/03/2008

Beth · Married on 10/13/2007

Absoutely wonderful! Worth every penny. Made the day go off great and me and my mom got to keep our sanity. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/22/2008

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2006

Delicious food and wonderful service!!

Sent on 11/24/2007

The cost can get pretty expensive, but they sure know what they're doing.

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • Married52113

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2013

I would recommend Namans Catering to anyone looking for a caterer for any sort of function. I worked with Amber during the planning process, and she was above and beyond helpful. She not only helped us plan our menu but coordinate what we need with the rental company.

The staff was beyond professional, nice, and accommodating. Any request I made no one even batted an eye it was just done.

The on site coordinator was amazing as well! She helped get red wine that was spilled on my dress out!!! LIFE SAVER!

Thank you Namans for making my day so special!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Tracy · Married on 09/16/2016

I am from out of town and used Namans for my wedding. They were extremely easy to work with and made it easy to coordinate everything. We used them for catering as well as the bartending service and they exceeded all my expectations. Everything was lovely, professional, and tasty! They made my day extremely stress free.

Sent on 09/22/2016
  • Cassie & Shiv

Cassie · Married on 09/02/2014

Wonderful food and presentation and an AMAZING price for all the services they provide!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Sara · Married on 03/24/2012

Naman's catered my wedding and for the most part it was wonderful. We went with an assortment of heavy hors d'oeuvres in lieu of a sit-down dinner. As soon as guests started walking out with food, I was immediately regretful that I had not requested bigger plates. Some guests had to go back multiple times or juggle plates. We ended up taking a lot of food home and I'm certain it was because guests did not feel comfortable piling their 6" plates with food or going back for more.

The highlight was the mashed potato bar and the chicken/vegetable skewers. I was not a big fan of the pork, but others seemed to enjoy it. The salad bar, shrimp cocktail, and crab cakes were very good. The stuffed strawberries were smaller than what we were expecting and were not worth the price. The bartender did a great job mixing our signature drinks for cocktail hour and the on-site coordinator, Anna, was extremely attentive with keeping our glasses full (maybe too attentive...could have used a water every once in a while) and making sure we ate. Overall, I was pleased with their professionalism and attention to detail. While the price tag was high, the service and food was worth it.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Lindsey · Married on 12/10/2016

Best quality of food for the best price, able to work with my budget and please all of the guests!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Genny · Married on 04/09/2016

The food at our wedding was so phenomenal. Multiple people approached me after to know who did the food. They were great about letting me put anything on the menu that I wanted. If I wanted it they found a way to make it happen.

Sent on 04/17/2016

t · Married on 04/23/2010

Naman's did a fabulous job catering our wedding for 200 guests. I received many compliments from our guests. My catering coordinator at Naman's, Amber, was very professional and gave me alot of options for food selection and presentation. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/14/2010

Mallory · Married on 07/28/2007

3.0

Namans was a well run and professional catering service. On the day of my wedding it poured down rain for three hours and they came up with another plan for my outside reception. They were more than accomodating during the reception making sure there was plenty of food to eat and they made sure my husband and i had any drinks that we needed!

Sent on 07/04/2008

Naman's worked with us to create the menu and look that we wanted. They were very flexible and the food was awesome. They do an especially fabulous job of styling all of the food tables. They're a little on the pricey side, but it's worth it. I'd definitely reccommend them!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Janice · Married on 06/09/2009

We loved Namans Catering. They provided a great venue of the foods I wanted personally at my wedding. They were a tad slow in getting back to me, but overall a pleasant experience and super great food. All my guests complimented on the setting of the food and the taste. My niece is getting married in a month and is using them, also, after tasting and seeing how well they did my wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2009
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 11/14/2015

3.0

We were very happy with Naman’s Catering for our wedding of about 100 guests. With some initial communication issues, partly due to their relocation during this time, but we got on track with our representative there well in advance of our wedding date. We made two appointments for tastings over the course of several months. They adjusted our menu according to our requests, and helped us to build a unique set of offerings to highlight Gulf cuisine. Our guests loved the food! With Naman’s it was easy to stay within our budget and still serve the food that we wanted. The staff worked seamlessly at our venue, and made sure that my husband and I were seated with food and refreshed on beverages throughout the night. Naman’s accommodated our requests, like reducing waste, and preparing dishes separately for guests with allergies. Overall, a great choice for a wedding of any size. And in comparing bar service, you'll see Naman's is the best choice in town!

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • rachel

rachel · Married on 05/30/2010

3.5

A tad bit more expensive but was very nice and helpful!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Missy · Married on 05/25/2008

3.0

I had a little trouble getting this vendor to call me back a few times before the wedding, while we were making plans. I live 1000 miles away from them, so it did make me a little nervous. But once we got everything planned, it was smooth sailing. They were so helpful with the set-up. They had great suggestions and handled maybe a little more than we expected. The wait-staff was the best. Very friendly and lively group, but also very professional. We never ran low on anything (food or drinks). All of my guests complimented on how good the food was and how nice it was presented.

Sent on 07/28/2008

Katie · Married on 05/19/2007

Excellent service and friendly, accomodating staff! Food was great too!

Sent on 07/29/2008

April · Married on 12/18/2010

4.2
      3.0

I LOVED the food at my wedding! And we got to eat some AT the reception! Lexie did a great job of making sure we had everything we needed all night long. She kept our glasses full and was prepared even before we asked for something. I will say that we did have problems with someone else who was handling our account up til the wedding. She would not return phone calls which was very frustrating for us. When it came down to the day of the wedding every thing was beautiful and perfect! And so VERY delicious!

Sent on 12/27/2010

Anne · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

I paid for portions for 100 guests and I didn't feel like there was that much food at all. I had 4 appetizers passed and never saw one... granted, it did start raining shortly after cocktail hour began and the entire event was outdoors but they did not give us any left over appetizers either.

Supposedly, their shrimp and grits is their highlight and they assured me that the shrimp was fresh, straight out of the water but it was more than obvious that they were frozen, tiny shrimp! Not even grilled or blackened.

Beef Tenderloin was nothing special either although they assured me it would be great and worth the extra money.

Overall, I was not very impressed. Food wise, I would rate them at a 3.

The bartenders were great because I saw one still serving in the rain!

Sent on 10/25/2011