N-D Mixx Productions Reviews

115 | Kapolei, HI

115 Reviews for N-D Mixx Productions

Jennifer A. · Married on 07/26/2012

We loved ND Mixx! They were the best!! They played a lot of the music off our playlist and never was there an awkward pause between songs! We HIGHLY recommend them!! Thanks for making our night so special and memorable!

Sent on 09/09/2012

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We were glad to be part of such a well planned and fun event!
  • W

Steve · Married on 05/12/2012

Fran and Gil were a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. We decided on ND Mixx among a few other DJ's we were interested in because of the straightforward, no-nonsense pricing listed on their website. Others quoted us less at first, but were about the same or more in the end. We didn't like the surprises. Also, Fran is VERY quick to respond. We never sent a message that didn't get a response within 12 hours. That was very reassuring as we were planning an island wedding from Virginia.

Our experience with ND was equally awesome once we arrived on island. Fran and Gil were very flexible in meeting with us ahead of the event to see the venue and coordinate special needs and requests (i.e. projector screen set-up) and despite a few hiccups in the evening program on our part, Gil was very good about improvising and making things feel smooth and natural. It goes without saying, we highly recommend Fran and Gil and ND Mixx. Mahalo for exceeding our expectations!

Sent on 05/24/2012

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! We make every effort to respond right away to inquiries and questions and to be completely up front in packaging and pricing our services because that's how we'd want to be treated. We're glad our efforts were appreciated!

Ashley · Married on 04/22/2012

We used N-D Mixx for our DJ and Emcee. Gil and Fran were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were very accommodating and are such nice people.  We planned our wedding from California so almost all communication was done through email and phone. Fran responds to emails almost immediately.  I was very impressed with her promptness.  When we arrived on Oahu, we met with Gil to finalize our timeline. He had lots of great ideas and made me feel at ease about the reception.  He played all the songs we requested and kept our timeline moving along.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Heidi · Married on 04/04/2012

Excellent DJ, very flexible with song requests and keeping the party going!!!

Sent on 04/19/2012

Rosie · Married on 01/06/2012

We used the services during our Christmas Party at Natsunoya Tea house. The service was excellent. The DJs were nice and fun. Music selections were good...everyone had a good time. And that's one of the reasons we would like to use your company's services again.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/23/2011

I can't say enough great things about Gil, Fran and N-D Mixx Productions! I planned my wedding (in Hawaii) from Chicago and they were extremely responsive and receptive to every email/call in a very timely fashion. They did everything I asked of them and the wedding was absolutely perfect!! We never stopped dancing and all the guests had a blast. They honored every single request that I had! Gil was nice, funny, and great to work with! I definately would recommend them to a friend!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Alicia · Married on 10/03/2011

As i was a destination bride and i had to rely on my wedding coordinator to recommend a DJ and i could not have asked for a better recommendation then N-D Mixx. Fran & Gil were so easy to work with and nothing was any trouble at all especially as we were combining two cultures and needed different nationality music. The night was a huge suucess and that was hugely due to the arrangement of music. It was definatly one big party. Highly recommend!! Thanks from the thankful bride

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 07/17/2011

N-D Mixx was very easy to work with! Gil, was a fantastic emcee and kept the program moving along and on time. The music was amazing as they played songs from my eclectic list of music-I requested songs from Weezer, Billy Joel and Green Day for the cocktail hour and they played it! The dance portion was high energy and they mixed the oldies songs I wanted with modern sounds and it was amazing. Everyone had an amazing night! I'm glad I chose N-D Mixx for my DJ!

Sent on 07/23/2011

Regina · Married on 06/20/2011

I could not have been happier with the DJ/MC services provided by N-D Mixx! If you want a fun, personal, stress-free wedding where every guest is on the dance floor, then you definitely want to book them, too!

I live in California and was planning my Hawaii wedding with no local contacts, so I was a bit nervous about booking vendors without having a chance to meet them in person. However, after being referred to Gil and Fran through L'Amour Photography, I instantly knew that I wanted to go with N-D Mixx. Gil provided all of the music/equipment for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, as well as for the slideshow presentation that we had during dinner. Fran and Gil are committed to providing the highest quality of service and, in the unlikely event that their music library doesn't have what you're looking for, they will go out and get it for you (at no extra charge)!

Fran was extremely responsive with emails and always got back to me within 24 hours. Gil was fantastic in every way and truly listened to our input with regards to ceremony music and our do/do not play lists for the reception. I was a little nervous because we had a mix of young and old, Filipino and Caucasian guests, but he was able to please everyone with his music selections and keep the party going until midnight!

I would definitely choose N-D Mixx over and over again! Their prices are a steal and you get so much more than you pay for - thanks in large part to them, the guests and the hotel staff all said that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Monique · Married on 05/28/2011

We planned most of our wedding while living off-island. Picking music was something I was nervous about doing without meeting with people in person. We found N-D Mixx on theknot and contacted them. Gil and Fran responded immediately with all the information we needed. They were so accommodating, straight-forward, and pleasant to work with. After conversations via email and on the phone, I knew that we wanted to book them because of their professionalism and courtesy. Gil met with me in person during the week before the wedding to set everything up and he put me totally at ease. He was personable, friendly, and very knowledgeable. We gave them a list of music we wanted played and he planned the order, added a few extras that fit in perfectly, and took requests. I was totally amazed at how well the music went. Gil did such a fantastic job as our DJ. We received so many compliments from guests of all ages. I would highly recommend N-D Mixx Productions. Thanks so much, Fran and Gil!!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Valarie · Married on 10/11/2010

We had a destination wedding and didn't know what to expect. We planned our wedding through emails, phone calls and websites so being the bride I was very stressed. We couldn't have asked for more, Gil was great. He played our music in the exact order we asked. They returned all of our emails the same day and answered all of our questions. Everything turned out great. We definitly recommend their services.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Shanna · Married on 10/09/2010

N-D Mixx was an excellent choice for our wedding reception and master of ceremonies. The guests had nothing but fantastic compliments in regards to the music and the easy flow of the reception; this could not have been accomplished without a great DJ. I was very happy with the services provided and our wedding was a fun time for all thanks to the help of N-D Mixx.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Mary · Married on 09/26/2010

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Fran and Gil make such a great team! It was so easy working with them via email and a few telephone calls all the way from South Korea! The reception went flawlessly - Clark and I were both extremely pleased. The cost was also extremely reasonable compared to some other DJs that wanted to charge double the price. Definitely go with N-D Mix for your wedding!

Sent on 11/06/2010
  • W

Manching · Married on 09/18/2010

Fran and Gil were great to work with. They were very responsive and helpful, which is a plus when you're planning a Waikiki wedding from San Jose. We communicated mainly through e-mail, and they never took more than a day to reply.

Gil was both our DJ and MC. Granted, we exhibited classic control freak tendencies, providing a complete playlist and a detailed timeline. But Gil reviewed our plans to make sure it would flow, and even provided suggestions for some fun games. And when the day came, flow it did.

As an MC, Gil's style is more natural, without much of a polished sheen. He kept things professional, low key, with a bit of restrained humor here and there. That was exactly how we wanted it. He kept the program moving without any prompting from us. We also had a slideshow for our guests that he handled with only a small hiccup.

Gil played everything we wanted, moving smoothly from song to song. At the end of the night, everyone was dancing (or some resemblance thereof). He probably snuck in some songs to fill out our playlist, but his choices were appropriate and we didn't notice.

We would highly recommend ND Mixx if you're planning a destination wedding. They were definitely one less vendor we had to worry about.

Sent on 09/25/2010
  • O

Adam · Married on 09/04/2010

Fran and Gil were awesome! I don't even know where to start...

Gil was our DJ and MC for our destination wedding and he was perfect. He provided us some great worksheets beforehand to think about what we wanted during the wedding and ceremony and what types of music we wanted. The music he played was just what we asked for and more! He knew exactly what to play to keep people having fun and dancing all night.

Since this was a destination wedding at a private house Gil even took a trip out to the house beforehand to check out the layout of the place and get some ideas for us on how the layout of the wedding would work best. That was a huge help since we were on the mainland!

Fran is the one that we communicated with back and forth with email and she was great! Very quick to respond and very helpful with all my questions. You can tell that the 2 of them have been doing this for years.

I would highly recommend them for any of your music needs. They truely made our wedding great! Thanks again Fran and Gil!!!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/07/2010

Finding a DJ was a challenge for me, my family just does not dance - they never have since I was a child. I wanted a party and my family just wanted music to be the background so Gil took the challenge and made them dance - I could not believe it - the music was fun and people could not resist. I have never seen so many people out on the dance floor during any of my family gatherings but this was the exception. For dinner, Gil played old Hawaiian music which they loved - my 90-year-old auntie came up to me during the wedding and told me she loved the music. Then he played swing, country and rock, everyone was having fun! His games were so much fun and his change of music at key points in the reception really made it exciting - thank you so much Gil! Highly recommended for those "difficult to please" families!

Sent on 09/12/2010
  • Nicholson Shannon

Shannon · Married on 02/13/2010

Wow... Fran and Gil are the two most awesome and amazing people you will ever be fortunate enough to use!!
    I found them whilst researching on the knot. Right from the start they impressed me with their flexibility, knowledge and help. My husband and I got married at the Ihilani, however I planned the wedding from the UK. They never missed an email and were so unbelievably helpful. When my wedding singer failed me for the first time they went out of their way to help us find a new one, and when my second one failed me a week before our wedding, we met with them in Oahu and they fixed the problem, by setting up two systems in two different locations of the Ihilani, and the price was amazing!
    My husband and I couldnt be more thankful to them! They made the planning process easy!
    As far as the reception goes, well lets just say we had an amazing party! They got every random song my family, our friends and we picked, and somehow made them flow!
    My husband owns a bar in the UK, and if we had DJ's like him every party would be the best!! In fact we had to try and chill out the tables cause they were dancing from the start of the meal til 1am!
    I would suggest you book them in a heartbeat! In fact one of my bridesmaids got engaged the day after our wedding and they are considering going to Hawaii for the wedding so they can have as fun a party as we did!
    Thanks Fran and Gil! YOU MADE OUR WEDDING AMAZING!!!

Sent on 03/12/2010

Ashley · Married on 01/02/2010

ND Mixx was great to work with! My husband was very picky about our music selections, but Fran & Gill made it super easy and stress free. At the ceremony & reception, everything flowed just right, and my guests had an amazing time. There was not one quiet moment on the dancefloor! And on top of the great service they provided, they were genuinely nice people! I would definitely recommend ND Mixx for anyone looking for a great DJ for their next event.

Sent on 04/29/2010

Melanie · Married on 10/15/2009

Mahalo to Fran & Gil for helping us with our wedding at the last minute. When doing the music on our own fell through, it was very stressful. Thankfully our best friends had used your services back in September 2006 at their wedding on sunset beach. After one phone call, we were able to confirm everything was a go in a matter of a few hours. Your flexibility, professionalism and follow through will always be appreciated. N-D Mixx is highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2009
  • Sprieto

Shirley · Married on 08/08/2009

Gil, is awesome. Played the type of music we wanted. He kept the party going from the beginning.

Sent on 09/01/2009

Patrick · Married on 07/16/2009

My wife and I planned for our Hawaiian Wedding, which was on July 16, 2009, from where we live in New Jersey. We had everything set except for the master of ceremony for our reception. We had a specific program we wanted to follow and we needed someone to execute it not only with precision and professionalism, but also with a friendly, down-to-earth personality.

My sister referred us to N-D Mixx Productions. We got a very good first impression from the first phone call and felt comfortable to book them while we were still in New Jersey. When we arrived in Hawai'i, we met with Gil Magbual only once and it was four days before our wedding. He reviewed our reception program, offered some suggestions, but mainly kept to our original plan. He said he had it all under control and we never worried!

At our reception, he was flawless! His transitions were smooth, the music was perfect and his coordination with the entire staff at Halekulani, our musicians, hula dancers, florist and photographers was meticulous. He was very engaging with our guests and his well-timed humor had them laughing! Our families and friends, mostly from the mainland and Guam, had a lot of great comments about Gil! Months of planning on our part were orchestrated to perfection by Gil in four hours! He made it a very happy and very memorable day for everyone!

We highly recommend N-D Mixx Productions for any event, especially for a wedding reception. They are truly dependable and professional and their service is unparalleled with the Aloha Spirit!

Mahalo Nui Loa!
    Patrick & Jeanne Silverio

Sent on 02/02/2010

Erin · Married on 06/27/2009

THANKS GIL!

Sent on 08/06/2009

Sharla · Married on 05/02/2009

Gil and Fran were great to work with. Throughout the planning process, they were very responsive, which is a great relief as you are planning a wedding. They were also flexible, adapting to changing plans. Completely professional and easy to work with. I would recommend N-D Mixx Prods to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2009

Lynne · Married on 05/02/2009

Gil and Fran are an excellent team. They are easy to work with and they listen to what you want for your wedding. The price for their service is reasonable as compared to other DJs with less experience. They played the songs we requested and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend them to anyone to make your planning a little bit easier.

Sent on 05/10/2009

Beth · Married on 03/09/2009

Gil and Im not sure the other guys name but they were great. The music was exactly the songs we asked for, they did not do the cheesy dj stuff and the price was just right.

Sent on 07/01/2009