My Wedding DJ Reviews

64 Reviews for My Wedding DJ

Gigi · Married on 05/19/2013

4.2
      3.0

Second time using their service, did fine at event but does not get back to customer well when called. Good at planning and trying to keep guests enjoying the event.

Sent on 06/14/2015

3.0

The communication we had with DJ Professionals before our event was amazing. They responded quickly, seemed concerned about our likes/dislikes, etc. However, after the wedding, not so much. I emailed several times about a question I had with the service, NO RESPONSE.

As far as the quality of service, the DJ was nice, but he called me to talk to me about how to pronounce names the day of the wedding while I was trying to get ready, which was annoying since he had asked me to do this the day before but never did. He also mispronounced our last name and some names I had told him how to pronounce just earlier that day.

The Photo Booth was a cool addition, but the lighting in the booth wasn't very good and most of our photos came out darker.

For the service, they were a little overpriced, but what isn't in the wedding industry?

Sent on 12/11/2013

Katie · Married on 05/30/2015

DJ Professionals did a great job with our wedding. We really enjoyed working with David. He listened to what we had to say and put forth the effort to make sure our day happened as we wanted it to. They did a wonderful job with the ceremony music and made sure to accommodate our special requests without any issue. Our planner (who we wouldn't recommend) left our wedding early and David took over, no questions asked. He was incredibly helpful!

We used DJ Professionals for uplighting and our photo booth as well. We booked Brickstreet Cinema (their videography group) as well. We were really happy with the way the uplighting turned out and it gave our reception added detail that made a huge difference in the overall look. The photo booth, however, was disappointing. The images were really, really dark and the attendant cut a lot of the pictures very crooked. In some cases, they were cut way down the middle. We were very excited about the photobooth and had we known this would happen, we would have gone a different route.

Aside from the photo booth, we were really happy with the services provided and would definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Denver · Married on 05/17/2014

1.0

We used a photo booth from DJ Professionals. The attendant, Josh, was fantastic! He was fun and professional at the same time. My main complaint about DJ Professionals is their extreme lack of response. I had to call the owner to get a response back from them after they had our money. Ultimately, everything turned out great and we were very happy!

Sent on 06/04/2014

3.5

Even after going over what songs I wanted played during the reception the dj took it upon himself and played other songs that I had not requested. I was upset that our family walk in song was not correct and neither was our garter toss.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Jaimie · Married on 05/19/2012

3.0

I worked with DJ Professionals of Wilmington for both my ceremony and reception music. For the ceremony, they also provided a beach amplification system which worked perfectly even on a windy day. The ceremony music went well, however, they did forget to play the background music during the Lord's Supper.
    I was less pleased with the reception service. Our coordinators had supplied the DJ with a detailed, timed schedule as well as what songs we wanted and when. Sadly, they didn't really adhere to the schedule which led to the reception feeling a little disjointed. Our DJ also kept finding us throughout the reception to ask questions and then collect our signature for payment, which interrupted our time speaking with family and friends and just enjoying ourselves.
    I know they have a lot of DJs in their company, so this one review may not be representative of their entire staff.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Ally · Married on 04/19/2008

2.0

The owner would not budge at all on the price, so that is the main negative. Another negative is that the DJ's that were sent to us seemed a little green. They messed up our names during the announcements and asked me several questions throughout the reception.

That being said, they provided great music and got the crowd up on the dance floor even though it was an early afternoon reception. They were very professional - they were dressed nice and the equipment seemed to be top-notch. I would still recommend them, though I hope you are able to negotiate a better price! I would also ask up front who they plan to send for your wedding. Up until the week before the wedding, I was under the impression that the owner was handing our reception personally.

Sent on 07/22/2008

3.2
      1.5

You guys were great helping us on such short notice, And did great for providing music at the wedding and dj ing the reception

Sent on 10/12/2012

3.0

I was not impressed with the DJ for our wedding. It was a lot of money to spend and I thought he was a little rude. I had heard from other prior to our wedding that they were the company to use, but I wasn't happy with the outcome.

Sent on 01/08/2015

2.2
      0.5
      3.5

I WOULD NOT recommend DJ professionals. If you are planning a cookie cutter wedding where the DJ plays the same ole stuff, makes assumptions about what you want and pays NO MIND to your wedding song list then this is the DJ for you. Our DJ Eric lacked originality, never responded to emails & completely disregarded our playlist. When we finally had the opportunity to speak with him it was in the middle of our rehearsal when we had very limited time in the space. He claimed to understand what we were talking about when I told him we wanted a mix of old school R&B, Soul with some contemporary stuff but proceeded to play salsa music for 45 minutes (I'm assuming because he assumed it was my families heritage when we had asked him to play CAPE VERDEAN, *note Cape Verde is in Africa* music.)

Luckily everyone had a good time which I was prepared to just let it all go except that it took them nearly 2 months to charge are card. I would never have selected this vendor on my own had it not been required through my venue and I would NEVER recommend a vendor as unoriginal as them. Couple other major blunders:

- no where to be found when my ceremony musician needed help setting up the sound outside.
    - was told he was going to be given a cd for the father daughter dance but proceeded, although we had to send someone to get the cd he went ahead an played the wrong song anyway...Try communicating with the bride next time.
    - played the WRONG music for cocktail hour and dinner even though he was giving the music to hook up and it was written in my wedding planner (the style we wanted)
    - played more artists from my DO NOT play list then my please play list.

I may just seem like a bridezilla but music plays a HUGE part in the overall atmosphere of your day. Everything else about my wedding day was perfect, flaws and all but all I can remember is how upset I was at our DJ. Make sure you go with a DJ/Band that understands what you are trying to achieve. Not only did these guys not get it but they didn't even try. I'd demand my money back but they don't know how to return a call or respond to an email.

(PS.I was nothing but polite and cordial until this point. I did send an email regarding my concerns and again, received NO response. But over a month later only know seeing the charge on are card makes me realize how awful my experience really was.)

Sent on 11/16/2011

My Wedding DJ's reply:

Our DJ was only contracted for the Reception. There were no arrangements made for the ceremony portion of the event. The "salsa" music that was played was a direct request from the father of the bride. The playlist was strictly adhered to. The bride signed the DJ INFORMATION sheet at the conclusion of the evening stating that she was completely satisfied with the services provided. The bride and groom also provided a tip to the DJ leading us to believe that the DJ had fulfilled his duties in an exemplary manner. The credit card on file did not get charged for two months because it was declined twice weekly until it finally cleared two months later. We strive for excellence in all that we do here at DJ Professionals and Video and are very saddened to hear of this or any other brides displeasure.

Chelsea · Married on 05/20/2011

2.5
      1.5

We were very unhappy with the DJ we chose. We spent hours creating a song list of music we wanted played at our reception. The DJ and his partner did not stick to the playlist, but rather played music they wanted. It was not even the genre of music we wanted (they played techno, club music) when we requested top 40 hits, country and beach music. I was very upset with our selection in this company and would never recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/03/2012

1.5

First contact with this company was amazing. They were exciting and easy to speak with. Well after they had the deposit, communications went down hill. I had to hound to get any sort of contact again. emails and phone messages went unanswered. it drove me insane when i was trying to get information out of them. there was a time i thought they wouldnt even be showing up. finally after a bridesmaid called them numerous times, we got through and got the name of the DJ for our wedding, which changed two days before our wedding...we were told the guy was no longer with our company as of the day before, not sure i believe that. the only saving grace of this company was that the DJ they did send us was competent enough to be used at our reception. i wont do business with this company again based on the sole purpose that communication was horrendous.

Sent on 10/31/2012

0.5
      3.0

We requested a specific DJ that we initially met with and were told that he would be our DJ. A few days before the wedding we got the news that we would be switched to a different DJ and he would be contacting us to talk but we got no phone call.

The wedding itself was fine. Everyone was up dancing. However other than the songs for first dance and introductions, none of the songs that we had specifically requested were played. Regarding the father/daughter dance, the DJ (having NOT contacted us prior to the event to find out that this song was to be a surprise from the father to the bride) actually asked the BRIDE if it was the correct song for the dance (not the coordinator, or the father, but interrupted the bride and effectively ruined this aspect). We had also added dedications into the website and none of these were played. It was quite obvious that the DJ had either not looked at our website info, or had given it a cursory glance, or worse had read the info and (maybe due to the short notice of the DJ change) decided not to comply with our contract and play these songs. The music played was not what we would have picked on our own. We were assured that our music requests, given to the DJ website in ample time, would be downloaded and played. It was our understanding that this service was part of our contracted agreement and was integral to our choosing to work with this company.

We have rated flexibility as 0.5 for his disregard of our wishes and interruption and stress placed on the bride, value a 1.5 because he did play some of the correct songs for the ceremony but nothing more. Professionalism was a 3 for his attitude being acceptable, responsiveness a 2 because of his lack of participation in the pre-planning of the wedding (leading to the recessional being started prematurely before the ceremony was finished), and finally the quality of service a 2 because of all the above factors but he did manage to perform the basic tasks for the event.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Mary · Married on 07/10/2010

1.2
      1.0

We had family from all over the East Coast come to our wedding, and we were ready to shag to beach music! We had an awesome playlist selected ahead of time and the DJ (Matt) guaranteed that he had the songs. When I noticed half of our wedding guests leaving the reception early, I realized that the DJ was playing only rap music, Journey, and Bon Jovi! Not beach music and not what we asked for on the play list! He turned our beach wedding reception into prom. Would not recommend.
    Would not recommend the video services, either. The videographer talked to me more throughout the wedding than anyone else. Asking questions, telling me what he wants to film, etc. All we wanted was the wedding filmed, and before I knew it he had followed us to have pictures made! He kept saying "You'll like this better than something traditional" -- NOT! The video was terrible. Would not recommend at all!

Sent on 04/11/2011