My Wedding DJ Reviews

64 | Wilmington, NC

64 Reviews for My Wedding DJ

Emily · Married on 09/24/2011

DJ Professionals has a great "Party Planner" feature on their website, which helps you get the information to your DJ when you get it. I would add a couple of things at a time instead of having to devulge all the information at once (i.e. first dance song, songs to avoid, names of people being introduced, etc.). Once there, Eric was amazing! He made sure he played music that kept everyone on the dance floor the whole time! I don't normally dance but I stayed out there the majority of the reception. We had an early afternoon wedding (12-4) but we had a blast like it was an evening wedding. Thank you Eric and the DJ Professionals team!

Sent on 02/15/2012

My Wedding DJ's reply:

Always a pleasure to be involved with such wonderful brides! Thank you for the kind words! We wish you much happiness!

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2011

Adam Gilbert and Nate at Brick Street filmed my wedding, and they were a BLAST to work with. Adam and I were acquaintances through other friends, and after I kept seeing video after video of incredible work, I knew we had to use them for our wedding. They were really interested in getting to know us as a couple, and listening to techniques we liked and didn't like, and accommodating our style. When they were directing or setting up some shots, they had great communication, so we knew what they were going to do and it wasn't weird or awkward (it was actually fun!). We even had some ideas about playing around on the beach and in the water, and they were all about it! They were like video ninjas, and we barely noticed they were there sometimes. I couldn't recommend these guys more - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Pamela · Married on 01/22/2011

Eric was our DJ and he was awesome. He kept everyone dancing and everyone had a great time at my daughters wedding. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Renee · Married on 11/20/2010

We Used DJ professionals for our wedding last November. They were able to do everything my husband and I wanted. Microphone and music at the ceremony location in a park with no electricity..No Problem for them. Then the reception Eric was amazing. It was a quaint wedding 75 or so mostly from out of town..Eric read the crowd perfectly and had my dad on the dance floor all night. The same day Video the shot for us was amazing. It was like our own music video. Worth Three times what we paid..This level of professionalism is not found very often in one company. we were in good hands. Here is the link to our video..See for yourself.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Tyler · Married on 10/23/2010

Such an easy group of people to work with! Not only was my music exactly what I wanted, my lights were the talk of the reception! Thank you so much for making my reception perfect!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2010

Brunswick Community College would like to share with you the amazing
    entertainment provided by DJ Professionals and Video during our Community &
    Campus Scholarship Fund Drive! I called on Nick Arbia of DJ Professional and
    Video to work with me on hosting a Brunswick Community College Idol contest
    in order to raise money for student scholarships. I was completely surprised to
    see the elaborate work put into the stage! He brought professional lighting and
    sound that made this contest amazing! We even had a spotlight to follow them
    as they walked through the crowd! It was the next best thing than being on
    American Idol! This event was the most attended student activity ever during
    our Campus Fund Drive! Staff, Faculty and students are still talking about this
    event! Nick was an incredible MC and everyone had the best time! I would
    definitely recommend them for any party!!
    Thank you Nick and DJ Professionals/Video for helping us make the BCC Idol
    Contest a "big hit"! You made our students feel like" stars"!
    Nicole Chambers
    Special Events & Alumni Coordinator
    Brunswick Community College

Sent on 12/03/2011

Jamie · Married on 10/02/2010

Awesome DJ! Played everything we wanted and was very professional!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Wendy · Married on 05/15/2010

Hi Nick,
    While Rob and I were on our honeymoon we spent hours reflecting on the
    wedding and I wanted to share with you our thoughts on your performance.
    You were beyond prompt, completely on your game, and from the get go
    reassured me that I had nothing to worry about when it came to our music and
    MC service. Your energy was infectious and I loved that you danced. You
    were charming, funny, personable, and approachable. You had such a nice
    voice and gentle but assertive way of making sure the night went as planned. I
    thought you read the crowd beautifully as your song choices flowed smoothly
    into what felt right for the moment. I danced so hard that I threw away my shoes
    because they were so scuffed and filthy. I enjoyed the night so much and you
    were a big part of what will stay etched in my memory which was that everyone
    had a blast at my wedding. I am so grateful that you were chosen as the perfect
    fit for me and thank you for providing such quality entertainment. I can't tell you
    enough how much I appreciated your enthusiasm and it totally rubbed off on my
    guests. You are such a pro and you really delivered.

I hope that we will be able to work together in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Wendy Wilkinson/Falkowski

Sent on 12/03/2011

Sara · Married on 04/17/2010

Great planning website to help you figure out the type of music to play during your reception. Eric was so great and easy to work with- and did an awesome job as MC for our event. I would definitely recommend them for any party/wedding event!

Sent on 05/04/2010

Megan · Married on 07/31/2009

DJ Professionals was incredible! They did the dj'ing and video for the wedding and both turned out so incredible!
    One thing I didn't have time to do was pick songs that I wanted and I was really concerned that it wouldn't suit us, would be too cheesy or would be too much "dirty dance" music.
    It was none of those. It was perfect. The dj was really funny and sweet. He wasn't one of those that tried to monopolize the microphone and his music selection was perfect!!!
    Our guests had an amazing time!!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Breanna · Married on 08/17/2014

The DJ that I worked with from DJ Professionals and Video, David Friedman, was amazing. The first meeting that I had with him put me at ease. He assured me that after the ceremony, I would not have to worry about anything on my wedding day, as he would run everything behind the scenes! He made sure the guests were entertained while my photographer took pictures of us outside, he also made sure the first dances, introductions, toasts, cake cutting, and bouquet & garter tosses, all went smoothly. I honestly did not worry about anything. I had so much fun on my big day and David did all the behind the scenes work. He was also very friendly and all my friends and family got along with him so well. The music and lighting was great!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Sammy · Married on 05/17/2014

For anyone needing a wedding DJ in the Wilmington NC area I highly recommend DJ Professionals. My wife and I had the pleasure of working with David Friedman, David met my wife and I a couple weeks prior to our wedding this past May and we left that meeting knowing that we had made the right decision in choosing DJ Professionals. David did a fantastic job of making sure that the music selection catered to the mood of the crowd and he also did a fantastic job as the MC and as a result his performance played a huge roll in the lifetime memories that were created that evening. Thanks again to David for a Job well done!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Brandy · Married on 04/30/2011

Eric was a great DJ and did a great job at getting the crowd involved. The only issue I had was getting a response a few times prior to my wedding, but everything else was great!

Sent on 07/22/2011

Briana · Married on 06/27/2014

We had David and he was great! He made sure there were always people on the dance floor

Sent on 07/01/2014

Emily · Married on 04/27/2014

David DJ'd for our wedding. We met with him prior to go over what we liked/disliked. He had our list of songs we had input online--after speaking with him we changed quite a few songs, and he was up-to-date on the day-of. He was really on top of it, and he also changed things up throughout the reception due to a lot of requests. I thought he did a great job, and I was happy he was there to keep us on schedule!

Sent on 06/16/2014
  • User3312008 · 2+ years ago

DJ did an amazing job. He was very professional and accomadating to us. He made it a Party. His transitions to songs were flawless. Overall, it made the wedding fun, as it should be.

Sent on 06/09/2013

Jill · Married on 10/06/2012

We had Doug as our DJ and he did an AMAZING job!!! Doug even called the week of our wedding to go over and confirm everything. I could tell he was truly interested in making sure that all the music we wanted was played and making sure that I wasn't stressed about the music at all. Doug got every requested song right and at the right times, pronounced everyone's names correctly, and kept everyone dancing all night. The sound and lighting was perfect as well. Doug really took care of every little thing all night... even the last minute requests we had. Additionally, if Doug had a question for me (about timing or something small to make sure I was OK with it), he would stand slightly off to my side and wait for me to finish my conversation.... I REALLY appreciated that. Truly professional and non-intrusive. The only reason I gave responsiveness 4 stars instead of 5 is that before a DJ was assigned to my wedding, I had a little trouble getting someone to respond to emails. However, they did respond quickly to phone calls. I can't speak for the other DJs at DJ Professionals, but Doug did a great job! Thanks!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Tabatha · Married on 04/14/2012

When booking with the River Room, you get a discount for a 4 hr block of services. I used DJ for the reception only and it was great! I made notes on their reception planner website and all of my songs were played. The DJ did a great job of pleasing the crowd with music and was a good MC.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Jenee · Married on 08/14/2010

Our experience with DJ Professionals was great. The only disappointment was that the first songs played at our wedding had nothing to do with any of the songs we selected on our list or ones that were representative of us. The DJ quickly changed the music to accommodate, but we wish our list would have been paid better attention to. Other than that, very friendly and professional.

Sent on 12/19/2010

Tonya · Married on 05/20/2017

3.5

We had David for our Dj and he was great!! He played all the songs that we asked and made family members that I thought would never get out of there chairs head to the dance floor. He was so nice and made my wedding day wonderful!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2017

We had Dj Professionals loan is the sound system we used at our wedding along with a mic and aux cord. It was perfect! Just what we were wanting. They were great to work with the system worked flawlessly :)

Sent on 05/04/2013

Everything was perfect, Eric was great!

Sent on 08/02/2012

We hired DJ professionals for our wedding at the RiverRoom. We wanted a fun, lively atmosphere and the DJ was the sole contributor of making that happened. He spent time and talked with us about music we like and music we don't like. We expressed how much we centered the dancing portion of our wedding as the most important aspect, and he was excited to hear that! We recommend this service and the DJ truly made our wedding night!

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • Q

Teresa · Married on 05/05/2012

3.5

DJ Professionals is a great company to work with on your wedding day.
    Eric was the best!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Mellyssa · Married on 06/26/2010

3.0

We had George as our DJ, and he did a WONDERFUL job, our dance floor stayed packed. Some comments made were slightly inappropriate, but otherwise great job.

Sent on 07/06/2010