My Thyme Inc Reviews

8 | Derwood, MD

8 Reviews for My Thyme Inc

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2014

We really enjoyed working with my Thyme. They were easy to work with and the food is delicious. They made us bread basket centerpieces which were beautifully laid out and exactly what we wanted. The reception went off without a problem and the food was wonderful and exactly what we asked for. They gave us leftovers and let us buy our own alcohol. I definitely recommend them.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Mary · Married on 05/08/2010

My Thyme is awesome! They catered our wedding reception and the food was absolutely fantastic! Our guests have been and continue to rave about the food. Very creative and fresh, exactly what we were looking for. Aaron, Jason, and Denise are a pleasure to work with. Very attentive to our guests' likes and dislikes (especially the kids). Food service was excellent; they were very attentive to our guests. Aaron also provided us excellent recommendations for the wine.

My Thyme really made the reception a wonderful event. We have had comments from a number of guests that our wedding was the best they ever attended and they always comment on how much they enjoyed the food. We highly recommend My Thyme for any event you may be planning.

Sent on 05/31/2010

J · Married on 10/05/2009

THESE CATERERS WERE FABULOUS!

We really cannot say enough good things about this company and how wonderful they are to work with: THE FOOD IS OVER THE TOP DELICIOUS, THE PRESENTATION IS BEAUTIFUL, AND AARON, DENISE AND CHEF JASON ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE! We had several special requests (food allergies and specific preferences) and they were beyond accommodating. Our tasting was delicious and fun. A budget-friendly bonus is that you can buy your own alcohol- they provide the bartenders. Their wait staff for the cocktail hour and formal dinner for 120 was excellent - well-trained, well-dressed, the whole kit and kaboodle for an elegant dinner. They guided us on linen choices, table/chair rentals and set up the tables according to our previous discussions. No omissions, nothing forgotten - it was all stellar.

We chose My Thyme from a list from our reception site, the Howard County Conservancy, after having called and interviewed several caterers and tasting samples of their food at an event. We didn't know anyone who used them before so it felt like a bit of a risk to hire them for our wedding, but they seemed like the best option. Now that the wedding is over, we feel really lucky and keep getting more and more compliments about the food and the decor.

There are a lot of catering horror stories out there, on this site and elsewhere, and we were really fortunate to come across My Thyme. This is a small company that really cares about quality. They cater in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Columbia and nearby areas. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

[Photos of their gorgeous dessert buffet will be added in the future.]

Sent on 10/05/2009

Engin · Married on 06/12/2016

Delicious food and green certified! I was very happy with the service and professionalism of this company, they were very responsive and accommodating throughout our wedding planning process (particularly when our wedding venue closed down unexpectedly close to our wedding date!). They were also very open to including a dessert my groom made that had special significance for our relationship, which I thought was very cool. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Claudia · Married on 09/21/2013

We had peacocks as a theme for our wedding. We had added peacock feathers to the serving tables. Then I noticed that they had added the feathers to their lapels as well! Beautiful!
    And the food was exactly as we had wanted it and went off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/03/2013

3.0

Great food at the stations but for my large family they ran out. Many people commented on the food being awesome.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Kathleen · Married on 09/01/2013

Aaron at My Thyme Catering is an excellent manager and planner. He was one of the most important people on my wedding day and I can't thank him enough. He was also extremely flexible - we were able to change our head count by 1 or 2 people up to 2 days before the event and he coordinated a different table layout 2 days before the event. The food was also delicious! We really wanted to focus on local and seasonal cuisine and My Thyme delivered - we had a menu of quinoa salad, sauteed swiss chard, roasted chicken with sweet corn sauce, and flank steak with chimichurri sauce, as well as truffled mashed potatoes (which everyone raved about!). My only concern was that there was not enough coffee for all of the guests -- something which is inexpensive and should not have run short.

Sent on 02/27/2014

Seth · Married on 06/08/2017

1.0
      3.0
      1.0
      0.5

At first, My Thyme seemed like a wonderful, cheaper option that still offered great food, and the reviews seemed wonderful as well. We contacted them, and received our first warning sign. It took several weeks for them to finally respond. From there it became a game of cat and mouse, with us doing our best to answer promptly, and them needing several days to a week, and oftentimes a second attempt to contact them before they would respond. After about 2 months of this sort of back and forth, my fiance asked to talk to them on the phone about this consistent tardiness. While we scheduled a time, they blew us off, did not call, nor answer the call we made to them, and all messages have been ringing to voicemail for the past several days. At this point, we are both sick and tired of playing this game, so we will no longer be using them for our catering. We wasted well over a month trying to work out a contract with them.

Sent on 09/15/2016

My Thyme Inc's reply:

I am so sorry your initial experience with My Thyme was negative and I really wish we had the opportunity to change your mind. We are a wonderful catering company to work with, as you will see in our reviews, family owned and operated for over 13 years, specializing in local seasonal menus for off-premise events. Although we’re smaller in size, we produce an incredibly high quality food and service experience for our clients. I do apologize for missing your fiance’s phone call on Wednesday night and I can understand how frustrating that must have been. Unfortunately before I could respond to her as to why, you posted this review. Just to clarify, the planning process you described was actually 1 month. We received your inquiry on August 10th and I replied the next morning less than 24 hrs later. Since then I’ve worked through initial details, emailed you a proposal as well as a contract that you were ready to move forward on. For My Thyme, this is a typical time frame for contracting an event a year out. Keep in mind this was done without having any contact info except your name and email address. Had we spoken over the phone even once throughout this process, I believe the result would be very different. We will certainly use this review to improve the services we offer to our clients and hopefully in the future we can change your mind about My Thyme.