55 Reviews for My Splendid Sentiments

Set Up (4)
Clean Up (2)
55 My Splendid Sentiments Reviews

1.3

I never expected to be disappointed! Our first meeting was great and we had our vision/what we wanted set. So how did we end up with a disaster? It was a pain to get in contact with her. She would either not respond to my emails or half respond a week later. I scheduled a phone meeting with her and she didn't know who I was and ended up creating a new contract. The contract is extremely general. I asked her to make notes and they were never added so it screwed me. I met with her 1 week before my wedding to verify what we chose our first meeting is still happening. She seemed like I was being weird for double checking "her" plan. Maybe if she was the one doing my flowers they would have been done correctly. She told me it would be her but it was her assistant. I am not blaming her assistant because we did get compliments on the flowers. However, they were wrong and poorly constructed. My bouquet was huge and had white filling. I told her I don't like the filling and she said she wouldn't use it. It was in EVERYTHING. I'm a small woman, only 5 ft so she had me hold different size bouquets to pick a good size. This is not what I received. The boutonnieres were the main problem! My mom picked up the flowers the morning of the wedding and the groom's was "lost" and the others were the wrong flowers altogether. She pulled flowers out of my bouquet to make the grooms. My mom pointed out that it's suppose to be pink and not white. She SPRAY PAINTED it. I don't know if that is standard for florists but it was unprofessional to tell her not to tell me about it. Besides being not what I had asked for, the flowers were ready on the wrong day. They were already dying and she had them ready to be picked up the day before. My mom spent an hour at her shop dealing with the mistakes which set back our whole day. She picked out dead flowers and the arch piece wasn't set up correctly. The venue had to buy special wires to get them to stay up and not fall out. So disappointed.

Profile Picture Kylie, 5/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bethany and her team were phenomenal to work with. I really had no idea what I wanted or what look I was going for, so when I arrived at the venue on our wedding day I was shocked. They turned a very bland venue (overlooking the ocean) into the most beautiful place you've ever seen. My bouquet was AMAZING!!! I just told Bethany to run with it and she created a work of art! It was literally breathtaking! Lastly, I had selected these large "tree" like centerpieces, however it was super windy on the day of our wedding so they improvised with some stuff they had in their van and you would have never known. Every one talked about the tables and how great they looked. I could go on and on about Bethany (she's super sweet) and how beautiful she made my wedding, but you get the point. You can't go wrong with the team at My Splendid Sentiments.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/23/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery
3.1

We had already put in a deposit so it was very frustrating when they messed up on our order and took a while to get back to us.

Profile Picture Gretchen, 4/9/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

Wedding Date: April 8, 2016
Location: Downtown Central Library & St. Joseph Cathedral / San Diego, CA
Services: Florist

Bethany and her team did a beautiful job on all of our wedding flowers. I received so many compliments from guests on the flowers. The Splendid Sentiments team was very professional, accommodating, and personable. I was overwhelmed by the large size of all the bridesmaid bouquets and my very own bridal bouquet. The mix of purples and other colors were absolutely stunning. Your team exceeding my expectations and I'm so happy my wedding planner Molly recommended your team. Thanks for making my wedding day absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Marissa, 4/8/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery
3.3

To be honest we were disappointed, the floral center pieces were not what was described to us, they were much smaller then the example size we were told. And we arrived at 10:00am for our wedding at 11...the flowers were already wilted and it came through in the pictures...this was frustrating...

my bouquet was lovely though, a little wilted and missing the tulips that we had added but it was nice, only lasted a day (in water) before it had died and needed to be thrown out.

Profile Picture Alaina, 3/19/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

More than I could have ever expected!! Bethany is amazing!

Profile Picture Selina, 11/21/15, 2 Reviews
2.4

Overall, we were extremely happy with how beautiful our flowers were; however, the planning process was a nightmare. At the final meeting before our wedding, Bethany didn't even attend and she sent an assistant who had no idea what our vision was. This was problematic because we were planning cross-country and had limited availability to meet in person. She did not respond to emails, changed the price at the last minute, and was overall very unprofessional in how she handled the process. Nonetheless, like I said our flowers were gorgeous and we received lots of compliments. Also good value for the price.

Profile Picture User4563922, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

The flowers were gorgeous! Everything was set up on time and looked beautiful!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Working with Bethany was a breeze. I knew a little of what I wanted for my wedding, but I was happy to see what Splendid Sentiments had to offer! Bethany's team was great in helping me decide what would best for my budget as well as my vision. I am so happy the way the floral turned out on our big day and I would recommend Bethany's services to anyone! Thank you for making my wedding look so beautiful!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My flowers looked absolutely amazing the day of my wedding. Bethany worked with my budget to not only use my flowers for my ceremony but to turn those flowers into my centerpieces during the reception. I will say that I LOVED my bouquet and wish I had taken the steps to preserve it sooner then I did. I was also a little disappointed to have been told that with what I spent on my bouquet I was going to receive a toss bouquet but did not get one the day of the wedding and had to toss my bridesmaids bouquet.

Profile Picture User4582763, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I think - no, I'm pretty sure I screamed when I saw my bouquet for my wedding. Bethany is very easy to work with, and she is extremely busy as well so remember this when you are waiting for an email response. Sometimes if you need a quick answer, it's easier just to pick up the phone and call her.

All of my flowers were gorgeous - from mine to the gals to the guys to the ceremony and finally the reception. I love love love - did I say I loved my bouquet - only downfall (not really a downfall though) was the fact that my bouquet was HEAVY I got an arm workout!!!!!!!

Great team to work with who won't disappoint! Great prices to and she's more than willing to work with your budget. Bethany is seriously a flower genius!!!!

Profile Picture User4510482, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot express my gratitude enough to Bethany and her team for the beautiful flowers and bouquets they created for my wedding. I live in NYC and met with Bethany almost a year prior to my wedding for a consultation. I didn't have much experience with flowers or know how much to spend. I can safely say Bethany is a visionary and takes you in and makes you feel right at home. She is extremely budget friendly and will still give you the absolute best with the money you have to spend. Bethany is super creative, friendly and loves to brainstorm how to create the flowers of your dreams. I have to say when I walked into the ballroom the day of the wedding, the arrangements took my breath away. She went above and beyond my expectations. We got so many compliments on the flowers and her vases and candles are the perfect compliment. I adore Bethany and would highly recommend her for any floral needs.

Profile Picture User3324115, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bethany is amazing. She is so creative and unique and will listen to your needs. She has a ton of props and will find anything you need. She works all over San Diego County. You will not be disappointed with her.

Profile Picture User3894330, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I'm not sure that words can even express my love for this vendor and how beautiful Bethany and her team made our wedding! From start to finish the whole Splendid team was a joy to work with. From our first consultation I was confident that she understood my vision and was quickly able to rattle off ideas. She is extremely creative and open to trying new techniques and thinking outside the box, which we totally loved! Throughout the planning process they were very supportive and quick to come up with solutions to problems or any roadblocks we ran into (even an evacuation plan for my flowers the week of our wedding due to the north county fires!) I cannot thank My Splendid Sentiments enough for all the hard work and love you showed us, we are so grateful to have found you!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/17/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I hardly ever feel compelled to write a review, but I was so happy with the work that Bethany and her team did for our wedding, I want everybody to hire her! During our first consultation with Bethany, she was so nice and funny. My fiancé liked her right away and even referred our friends to her before we had our wedding. I showed her pictures of some ideas I pulled from the internet and she pulled everything together so well. Everything came out so beautiful and better than I had imagined.

Profile Picture User3585706, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.8

Bethany was very friendly and her work is spectacular. So creative, had great vision and was reasonably priced. She has a storefront, so has a lot of her own equipment, so she doesn't have to gauge you with extra rental fees. Although beautiful work, Bethany was not responsive via email or phone. She was challenging to get a hold of during the planning process. She also had some issues working with our venue and instead of trying to work it out, we were definitely caught in the middle trying to solve the conflict. She is also not especially organized. Despite the challenges, her work really is gorgeous and we got so many compliments on the centerpieces and the sweetheart table. Her work really added to the ambiance of our event and made it spectacular.

Profile Picture Yvonne, 3/29/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bethany at Splendid Sentiments is wonderful and so gifted. She handled the floral design and all personal flowers for our small, intimate wedding at Torrey Pines in La Jolla.

I couldn’t believe how exceptionally beautiful our flowers turned out! My bouquet was stunning and didn’t move an inch all day. The bridesmaid’s flowers turned out incredible and the floral decorations were breathtaking.

Bethany’s designs and floral expertise are unmatched in San Diego. I feel so blessed that our wedding was her 100th wedding of 2013. Just being #100 alone says it all.

We were very fortunate to have her as our florist on our special day! I can only hope you will have the chance to work with her.

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/28/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My daughters wedding last weekend was made perfect with the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen for a wedding or any event. We couldn't have been any happier. Her wedding bouquet would bring tears to your eyes it was so beautiful. Thank you to Bethany and her girls. You did an amazing job.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A greatful mother of the bride (Linsey)
Julie

Profile Picture Julie, 10/12/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We used Splendid Sentiments for our wedding on 9/21/13. Bethany and staff delivered everything as promised. My wife had a vision and Bethany was able to bring it to life. Bethany's staff was amazing the day of the wedding and were able to make improvements to what we thought was better than promised. I will be going back to Splendid Sentiments soon since someone thought the bridal bouquet was so pretty that they stole it off of our or sweetheart table.

Profile Picture William, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bethany is an AMAZING florist with such a beautiful vision. I really didn't know what I wanted at first for the flowers at my wedding, I just knew I wanted it to be beautiful. Bethany helped me to create a vision and I was SO thrilled when I saw every single piece at my wedding. It was exactly what I wanted and it truly made my wedding special, classy, and elegant. Bethany is so kind herself, and instantly made me feel comfortable. She was there the day of my wedding for hours. She truly loves her work and it shows! We love this florist!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We have worked with Bethany for many occasions in the past, so when I got engaged, she was the first person I called to make sure she was free! Not only are her flowers and arrangements gorgeous, she is one of the most creative people I know and she can turn that little idea in your mind into the perfect reality! I would absolutely without a doubt recommend Splendid Sentiments to anyone!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Bethany with Splendid Sentiments was FANTASTIC!! I would highly recommend her to all future Brides & Grooms! I am so glad we found her and chose Splendid Sentiments for our wedding! Our entire experience with Bethany and her team was so fun and stressfree!
My now husband :) and I fell in love with Bethany at our first consulation! I didn't really have a clear idea of what I was looking for and am not too familar with flowers so I was kind of worried of what I would come up with for my wedding. Bethany did a great job uncovering what I was looking for and I knew what we had created together would be PERFECT! She truly knew exactly what I was looking for even when I did not know myself. :)

On the big day, I first saw our Bridal Party Bouquets. They were absolutely STUNNING!!! I was so excited to see the rest of her work. Then I saw the ceremony as I walked down the aisle and it was even more beautiful than I ever imagined. She truly created the wedding alter of my dreams! It did not stop there, the reception tables were so unique and exactly what I was looking for. I knew from the moment I met her that her work would be great, but the outcome truly was even better than I envisioned myself.

Bethany has a very talented team and Haley was also fantastic to work with! On the big day, Haley assisted with all of the setup and I was so confident that everything would be perfect and it was! Thank you Haley for all of your hard work and attention to detail.

Thank you Splendid Sentiments for making my wedding so beautiful & special!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 6/10/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

OMG!! Bethany and her team are amazing!! Everything was so beautiful, words can't even explain! I had so many ideas, and she put them all together, beautifully! My bouquet was to die for and the bridesmaid bouquets were amazing! My venue had a VERY short set up time (2 hours prior to ceremony start time) and I had A LOT of details, but her and her team pulled it off! It was everything I imagined and more!! Not only is she amazing, but Bethany is so sweet and so easy to work with!

Profile Picture kelsey, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Words are totally inadequate to describe how I felt when I saw all the beautiful florals you created for Amy's wedding! I watched from the bride's room as the outdoor arbor went up. The time and dedication to every detail was amazing...and then walking down the aisle and taking in everything together was unbelievable. Sitting in the front row and looking at my beautiful Amy standing under that gorgeous creation and chandelier was almost heart stopping it was all so spectacular!

Once inside the hotel, it was like a visual feast! The beautiful tree above the escort cards, the floral enhanced birdcage for cards, the moss base that held the cake were all perfection. And then....the ballroom! I just had to hold back tears! It was all so magnificent! I have never seen a more beautiful room...and all due to your creative genius. Beside the fantastic centerpieces, everywhere I turned I was thrilled with another "Bethany" touch that I hadn't expected! The perch for Ralph with all the flowers, the lanterns, the orchids tucked into every napkin, the sweetheart table, and the candles EVERYWHERE!!!

I am delighted that I will be able to say I knew you, perhaps before every bride in California and beyond is begging for you and your team to "do her wedding." And through it all you have been so wonderful to work with....a complete dream for the bride and the mother of the bride!

Thank you once again, Bethany!

Profile Picture Jan, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Bethany at Splendid Sentiments did the flowers for my wedding, and she did a beautiful job!

I worked at a flower shop in high school, so I have a great love of flowers, and they were one of the most important things to me for my wedding day. My very favorite flowers are sunflowers, which of course are difficult to work with because they are so big. They also tend to look "rustic", which is NOT what I was going for. A lot of florists told me I was crazy for wanting sunflowers, but I knew it could be done elegantly by a very talented florist. I also had a TON of different ideas, and needed help focusing in on which ones I should actually go with. I was set on using these cool over-sized glass apothecary jars as vases too. Basically I think I was a tough customer :)

Bethany really helped me to choose which of my many ideas would actually work well with my color scheme and venue. She went along with the ideas I really really wanted, and helped me weed out some of the less important ones that would have clashed. She was happy to give me a sunflower wedding, and work with my awkwardly shaped vases too!

I was so thrilled when Bethany delivered the bouquets to my house on my wedding day! The perfect combination of bright and soft yellow, white, and green, with bright bursts of sunflowers combined with the softer textures of roes, lizzys, tulips, queen anne's lace and others! They were exactly what I had wanted, and they didn't come out rustic looking at all. When I saw the flowers at the end of the aisle they were so perfect! We had those Manzanita tree branches with sunflowers all over them! It was SO unique and beautiful, and really made the sunflower statement I had wanted! Obviously I still cant get over it. Bethany's team moved all the flowers to be re-purposed at the reception too, so we could enjoy them all night long!

I totally recommend Bethany. She will do an amazing job bringing your flower vision to life!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/25/12, 6 Reviews