My Goodness Cakes Reviews

My Goodness Cakes 4
My Goodness Cakes 5
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 02/16/2013

It was a gluten and dairy free cake and everyone raved over how delicious it was!!! AAA+++

Thanks from the mother of the bride....

Jacque

Sent on 02/18/2013

christie · Married on 02/16/2013

I was very impressed with the outcome of our cake. Our cake was beautiful.

Sent on 02/23/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 12/23/2012

I had a rough time finding a bakery for my cake. Every place I was finding either wouldn't give me a quote unless I came in (I'm a school teacher and at the time I was so busy that everything planned at that stage had to be via email and online). While searching on this site, My Goodness Cakes was the very first bakery to pop up. As I searched through the many vendors through wedding wire, what I liked about Brian (the owner) is that he had a price list on his website. That was such a big deal for me, since it helped me predict what I may be spending. When I did go and meet up with Brian, I was so impressed with his professionalism and his desire to get to know me so he could figure out my tastes. I was clueless to what I wanted and he was extremely helpful in finding what spoke to me and matched my wedding. The biggest selling factor for my husband and I was that his cakes are all dairy free :)!!!! My husband is severely lactose intolerant but still wanted a cake. We were worried that we would find a place and get charged extra, but was pleasantly surprised. The cake itself was fantastic, such a big hit. Not only was it beautiful and perfectly created, the taste was impeccable. Definitely planning on going back to order my husbands birthday cake this fall :)

Sent on 02/25/2013

Alan · Married on 11/03/2012

Brian is terrific. His designs are beautiful and tasty. The cake was a great value. The cake was included in the package price at The Venue at Stonecreek, so they coordinated everything. We did a cake tasting, choice a cake and served it at the wedding. No fuss, no muss, just good beautiful cake.

Sent on 12/15/2012

Delicious cake! Brian the owner, is the sweetest guy in the world and makes delicious and beautiful cakes. I would recommend him as your cake vendor hands down. Everyone enjoyed our cake.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2012

Brian was such a pleasure to work with from the time we visited for a tasting. Always keeping up with by phone or email to make sure everything was taken care of perfectly. At one point I even told him whatever was going to make things easier when we had to make some changes and he nicely said, "This is about what you want."
    The cake was fabulous without a doubt. So moist and flavorful and everyone loved it. The flavors are different than just your normal yellow cake, which made it fun to choose. The design came out exactly how we asked for it. Everything turned out wonderfully!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Brian was great! Easy to work with and well organized! My cake was exactly how I imagined it and it tasted great!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Domonique · Married on 09/29/2012

Brian was great during our cake tasting. I was not exactly sure what I wanted but he listened to my ideas and showed me beautiful cakes. Everything was amazing.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Cindy · Married on 06/09/2012

Brian was so easy to work with from the moment I tried to set up a meet and greet. I had tasted one of his sample cakes at the Bridal Store and just had to use him. What a great marketing idea! He was very professional and is very talented in cake decoration. The sky was the limit when it came to design and he did not try to nickle and dime us with every detail. We appreciated the delivery and let him know, we would not dare freeze the top layer! I wanted to enjoy both of our flavors and we were not disappointed in the least! We will have to order another one for our anniversary! I will definately use My Goodness Cakes for all of my milestone occasions in the future!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Kim · Married on 05/26/2012

Working with Brian at My Goodness Cakes was a treat :) We went in to sample his cakes and they were all delicious. Picking 3 flavors for the different layers was difficult since there were so many options that all sounded yummy. We were able to sit down with Brian and design our cake as to what shape we wanted, how we wanted it stacked and what designs we wanted on the fondant. He was very flexible with our ideas and when we got to the reception location the cake was already set up and looked exactly like we had designed. We had leftover cake to bring home that we served during our gift opening and everyone was excited to try a different flavor.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Myra · Married on 05/12/2012

Our cake was VERY fresh and delicious, and exactly what we wanted. We told Brian the colors we wanted and the design we were looking for. He also gave us a lot of ideas for different cake options. The cake tasting helped us very much in picking the different layers we wanted on our wedding cake.

At our wedding day we did not have to worry about delivery of the cake. By the time we showed up to our venue, it was all set up and looking wonderful. Everyone including us said that the cake was DELICIOUS and very beautiful. There was none left except our top anniversary layer.

My now husband and I recommend My Goodness Cakes to anyone. We now plan to go to Brian for our future cake making.

Myra & Jeremy Millers****

Sent on 06/02/2012

Catherine · Married on 04/28/2012

Our wedding cakes was absolutely beautiful!! It looked amazing in the ballroom and the flavors were so delicious! We could not have asked for a more beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2012

wm · Married on 04/14/2012

The wedding cakes were absolutely beautiful, delicious use of the
    thinner marshmallow fondant, flavorful and moist cake and the flavor
    selection was amazing! We've recommended My Goodness Cakes several
    times and look forward to using you for our next event!
    Bill and Yus Stark

Sent on 06/02/2012

Michelle · Married on 04/07/2012

Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL! We were able to incorporate pieces from a number of cakes that we saw in photo albums to get our unique one.
    Not only were the flavors amazing (and unmatched by any other bakery, mind you) but the cake itself was fresh. Most other bakeries freeze the cake, this one was not. Light and fluffy; the inside of the cake looked like a homemade one. Some people may not like this quality, but I appreciated it more than I can say.
    I would recommend this bakery to anyone looking for a fabulous cake for ANY occassion.

Sent on 05/31/2012

sally · Married on 03/30/2012

My goodness Cakes made our wedding cake March 2012. We were very specific with what we wanted our cake to look like. He was so patient and really listened to our requests. I sent him many pictures and we discussed the different options to make our vision work. When we finally saw our cherry blossom cake we were speechless. It was more than we could have ever asked for, even down to the details on the flower petals. He did an amazing job and we cant wait to work with him again on our next cake!

Sent on 04/22/2012

Maritza · Married on 08/27/2011

He worked with my budget and gave me a beautiful cake. Everyone raved about the style and the flavors I had. He is such a nice person to work with and was very prompted. Will recommend and use him again.

Sent on 09/17/2011
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/28/2011

I had two vendors in mind when I was choosing cake; My Goodness Cakes and Bamboo Bakery. I went on Bamboo Bakery's website and saw that they charged $25.00 per half hour for cake tastings, and they had to be scheduled 3 - 6 weeks in advance.

That left a bad taste in my mouth. (no pun intended) So I called up Brian at My Goodness Cakes, and he kindly scheduled me for a tasting that Saturday. All of his tastings are free, by the way! That appointment was enough to seal the deal; all of the flavors we tried were delicious, and Brian was even able to accommodate my lactose intolerance since all of the buttercreams are dairy-free. He even made a small batch of gluten free cupcakes for a few of my gluten-intolerant guests at no extra charge! They were so happy to be able to eat cake with everyone else. The cake he created for us was gorgeous, and all the guests commented on how moist and yummy it was! Overall we were very pleased with our choice to use My Goodness Cakes, especially because Brian is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!

Sent on 06/30/2011
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 04/30/2011

Brian from My Goodness Cakes was AMAZING!! We had four flavors of cupcakes (120 total) -- chocolate cherry, lemon, chai latte, and hawaiian -- plus a top cake for cutting for less than $500, which included delivery and cake stand rental. I did tastings at two places, the other one of which is really popular here on the Knot and cost more, and I really really thought My Goodness Cakes were MUCH better. I would recommend him thoroughly.

The only thing was that the florist was supposed to include roses for the top of the cake, and looking at picture, the top of the cake is bare. However, I don't know whose responsibility that was -- the baker, the florist, or the venue staff.

Sent on 05/17/2011

J · Married on 02/11/2011

My husband and I hired Brian at My Goodness Cakes to create our wedding cake for our reception. Brian was absolutely amazing to work with! So friendly and very professional. Excellent customer service! He offered us so many wonderful options for cake and filling flavors along with a wide variety of gorgeous cake designs. He was willing to create anything we wanted! Full customization. We choose three-tier square cakes with each tier set at a diagonal to the other. Each layer was a different type of cake and filling, which our guests loved because they got to choose which type of cake they wanted to try. He decorated each layer with a different fondant design and did an incredible job of adding fresh gerber daisies as the finishing touch. We received SO MANY wonderful comments from our guests on how delicious the cake was!! We are definitely looking forward to hiring Brian again to create another amazing cake for us for a future family event. Thank you so much, Brian!!!

Sent on 04/05/2011

Renea · Married on 12/04/2010

I have been in the industry for 11 years and when it was time for me to get married I chose My Goodness Cakes to make my cake. His cakes not only look beautiful but taste Amazing! Brian was so great to work with. My cake was delivered in perfect condition and on time to my venue for my reception. I would recommend My Goodness Cakes to anyone for any occasion!!

Renea Johnson-Weissman
    Phoenix Bride & Groom Magazine

Sent on 01/28/2011

Stefanie · Married on 11/12/2010

Bryan at My Goodness Cakes is as sweet as his cakes! I had an idea of what I wanted our wedding cake to look like, but no idea of what it should actually taste like. Bryan worked with me and the pictures I emailed to him of the cakes I loved the look of. Together we came up with something beautiful and unique that was just for us. When we initially met with him, he had several different varieties for us to taste. My now husband and I both are not big chocolate fans and stated that because of that we could care less about having ANY chocolate in or on the cake. Bryan brought up a very good point that most people love chocolate and since were were having a three tiered cake, why not have a chocolate layer for the chocolate lovers. Because of this reccomendation I am still getting rave reviews on our wedding cake! We had each tier a different flavor and filling. My husband and I can not wait for our first anniversary to dig into the top strawberry layer!
    Bryan was always very quick to respond to any question, thought, or idea that I had. Bryan's cakes are so moist and flavorful, you will not be disappointed in choosing him for your wedding cake, or any other big event cake for that matter!

Sent on 03/29/2011

Jenni · Married on 11/07/2010

Brian was so flexible. I changed my cake design at least three times but he was very helpful. Not only that but his final product was so tasty. Everyone raved about howgood his cake was and the flavor was so fresh!. We had about 5 different flavors, one on each of the cakes, but Brian was easy going about it. Brian also made my grooms cake as a surprise to my hubby, and he based it off of a golf picture I provided. He did a great job ad was very patient with me. The ake turned out beautiful and wasso delicious (I had several slices at the wedding!!!)

Sent on 11/17/2010
  • Navonna

Navonna · Married on 11/06/2010

Brian did a great job creating my dream cake! I got lots of compliments on how great the cake tasted as well.

Sent on 12/03/2010
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 10/09/2010

This cake that Brian made for me was amazing. most cake vendors were strict with flavors to use on a cake Brian is very flexible with his work. his cake was very most and everyone enjoyed it and i loved that i was able to have variety 3 flavors of cake and frosting. He is very affordable and he was awesome when i approached him with making a personal cake topper for me i love him for all of his hard work!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Stephanie · Married on 05/01/2010

My husband and I would highly recommend My Goodness Cakes! Brian is so easy to work with. He has such a great selection of flavors and was so helpful in determining what filling would go with which cake flavor. The cake turned out beautifully! The red velvet flavor was completely gone by the end of the reception!

Sent on 05/27/2010