MY DJ's Reviews

204 | San Marcos, CA

204 Reviews for MY DJ's

Brent P. · Married on 02/05/2017

MyDJs was an absolute pleasure to work with

MyDJs was an absolute pleasure to work with and was integral to making our ceremony so special and our reception such a great party. Earl (owner) was extremely accommodating, flexible, and more than fair in customizing our package and contract exactly to our needs. Our DJ was Deondre, and I literally cannot recommend him more highly. He DJ'd a close friend's wedding and we were so impressed at that reception that we got his card and hung onto it for 6 months and booked him for ours. He set the bar pretty high at our friend's wedding, but he absolutely delivered at ours. Aside from having the dance floor packed all night, he went above and beyond in helping us prepare for our event. I had requested a very special song for my mother-son dance, and unbeknownst to me this track was apparently a limited release and extremely hard to procure, even online. Without my knowing, Deondre drove over 2 hours to Los Angeles to a specialty record shop and dug through piles of vinyls until he found and purchased my song. Unbelievable dedication to his craft and customer service. Do yourself a favor and book this guy. If you don't believe me, schedule a visit at his studio and he'll blow you away with an off-the-cuff demo based on what you like.

Sherry B · Married on 02/05/2017

DJ/MC for our wedding in San Diego. He was fantastic!

DJ Earl was our DJ/MC for our wedding in San Diego. He was fantastic! He played all of the songs we requested. The company has a website that is easy to use for planning and he helped complete anything we were unsure about. He and Gerrilyn (assistant) were very professional and attentive. He kept my wedding running smoothly and dealt with quick decisions easily without making things seem awkward (e.g. last minute changes to announcements, speeches, trouble with venue staff). I highly recommend him for your next event.

Jaime · Married on 01/29/2017

From the very start MyDJs was so nice and easy to work with DJ Earl made our wedding so special. Everyone commented about the good music and how much fun they had! Everyone that was at our wedding was up on the dance floor. DJ Earl was easy to work with and really understood what kind of vibe and music we were looking for.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Haley D · Married on 01/07/2017

Dj ashley is amazing!

DJ Ashley is AMAZING! husband's wedding, and the one common statement that everyone from our wedding keeps telling us is how awesome our DJ was. Our wedding consisted of many families and middle-aged folks, along with our friends (20's-30's range). She did a great job reading the party and understanding what it needed and what songs to play. Everyone of all ages was dancing for literally the entire night. She really made our wedding a hit and she was so great to work with. I very highly recommend DJ Ashley.

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Erica

Erica E · Married on 01/02/2017

We highly recommend My Djs!

Earl and his team are fantastic!! My husband and I used them for our wedding. We had an amazing night, as did our guests! Earl was professional, communicative and had a great deal of attention to our requests. They made our night fun and seamless! We highly recommend My Djs!

Sent on 03/05/2020

Krystal S · Married on 10/08/2016

I can't thank DJ Earl enough!

I can't thank DJ Earl enough! He made my event pull through! I had several obstacles happen through out my wedding event and he kept it together. I had a city wide power outage, Earl found a way to entertain my guest and keep the party going. I can honestly recommend him on another level, Even early on he helped plan the reception and timing! His website made my planning at ease!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Emma · Married on 10/07/2016

We hired Deondre Essex with My DJ's for our October 2016 wedding and WOW! Deondre is AMAZING! It's almost impossible to put into words how fantastic he was. I knew I wanted to include Country Line Dancing at our wedding and I wasn't sure I'd be able to find a DJ that could incorporate that with the rest of the music at the wedding. The first time we met Deondre and discussed our music tastes he seemed to understand right away what we were going for and what we liked (and didn't like). He did a demo for us at the very first meeting and he picked all songs my then-fiance and I loved to dance to without us even telling him. We were impressed right away and knew we had to have him!

The day of the wedding Deondre did all our music (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) and it all went absolutely perfect. He incorporated all the line dancing songs perfectly and even came out on the floor to teach a couple he knew for all the guests. He kept the dance floor packed until 11PM and I'm sure he could have kept the party going all night! I was so blown away with the care and attention he showed for our big day. He is an extremely talented DJ and just so nice and funny and just a joy to be around. I can't wait for some of my friends get married soon so I can tell them to choose Deondre!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Stephy · Married on 10/07/2016

The best night you'll ever have at an event

Always a pleasure to work along side My Dj's. All professional, amazing at what they do and fun! The DJ is what makes or breaks your party and they absolutely MAKE the party! You wont be sorry using Earl and his DJ's for your event, wedding, just because! Very reasonable pricing, communication and did I mention fun?

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica F · Married on 09/17/2016

My DJs delivered!

I didn't care much about details on my wedding day, but one thing I did care about was the music. Tony, from My DJs delivered! We had a great time, and everything we asked for was done flawlessly. My husband and I couldn't be happier we had My DJs at our wedding!!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Kelsey S · Married on 09/07/2016

No complaints at all!

DJ Danny was our DJ for our wedding and we loved him! Before the wedding, you get a consultation meeting with your DJ to talk music, timing, bridal party introductions, etc. I loved this meeting! It was great to communicate face to face about how the day would go down, since he acted as a pseudo-day of coordinator. Everything I asked for with music, Danny did. No complaints at all. A great company to work with overall and the price was right!! Thanks Danny!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Nick · Married on 08/27/2016

Deondre was our DJ, and he was incredible! His music selection and mixing were excellent, but even better was his ability to connect with our guests and to help with any issues that needed coordinating. We decided not to use a wedding planner, and it wouldn't have been nearly as smooth had Deondre not been there. He is professional, positive, and a great person... I'd highly recommend him to anybody!!!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Karen · Married on 07/30/2016

"That was the best wedding DJ ever!" "I loved how the music wasn't generic." "He totally mixed old school and new stuff perfectly." "We danced our faces off." These are just a few of the awesome comments we got from guests at our wedding. Our goal for our wedding was to have the best party ever and because of Deondre and My DJs we had just that. Not only did he know what to play and when to play it to keep the party going, he was really great about making sure we got through our timeline without it feeling rushed or dragging. From the moment we met with Deondre, it wasn't even a question (after him we didn't even bid it out to anyone else). He took us through the whole process and then did an amazing on the spot 5 minute mix of our favorite artists that was effortless and awesome. We were totally sold. The whole company is so professional and has the best equipment and features for the money. Deondre was super responsive from the get-go and great about being our collaborator in designing our reception. His ability to combine old school hip hop with top 40s with classic jazz at all the right times was amazing. He definitely helped us with the preparation and planning but then made sure that during the night the only thing we worried about was having fun. We were so impressed and happy with the quality of our DJ and everything he and My DJs did to make sure we had the best wedding ever.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Colleen · Married on 07/29/2016

Hands down the best DJ in town! We LOVED My DJ's and Deondre did a phenomenal job at our wedding :)
    He was professional, attentive to all the details, always checking in with us, played exactly what we wanted (and we had a ton of requests!), and was all around FUN! We also used the photo booth which was a fantastic idea!!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2016

We hired DJ Earl "Swoll" Henry for our July 23rd wedding at Twin Oaks Golf Course. We spent a lot of time researching DJs in the San Diego area and were really impressed by all of the great reviews that My DJ's has received. We scheduled an appointment where we met DJ Earl, went over the feeling of our wedding, and were treated to an example of his work. We signed a contract on the spot. We loved how My DJ's runs their client website- you can enter in every single song you want played! Their website is so easy to use and really helped calm our nerves. DJ Earl and his team were really easy to get in contact with during our planning phase. They answered any question we had.

DJ Earl showed up early and was set up well ahead of time! He played every song we requested and really got a feel for what music people were enjoying and played more of it. He was so involved in getting the crowd out onto the dance floor- we had a packed dance floor the entire night! And what I was even more appreciate of, was how well he kept our entire wedding on schedule. He was on time with every announcement and transition into different events. Dj Earl was amazing. I will recommend him to every friend, family member and acquaintance who needs a DJ.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Gloria · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband and I had DJ Earl at our wedding, and he went above and beyond to make sure that our guests were having a great time, and he even stepped up as a day-of wedding coordinator. He made our wedding day truly unforgettable, and his flexibility and expertise helped us have an amazing wedding for our guests. Please don't look any further, you will not find better service and dedication to clients than with MyDJs!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Kelsey S · Married on 06/26/2016

A great company to work with

Sent on 02/19/2019

Megan N · Married on 06/18/2016

We highly recommend you to all our friends & family!

We found out about My DJs from a referral that has had them host multiple Marine Core Balls, and she said if they can get hundreds of Marines on the dance floor they can do any job. Our first meeting with Earl was fantastic. Don't let the outside appearance of the building make your judgement. His office is very simple when you first walk in but then in the back he has an entire studio set up so you get the exact feel of what his services would look and feel like. My fiancé was sold when he asked for some of our favorite artist and he did a 3min music piece on the spot with the lights and everything. We also signed up for open air photo booth in our package. We were thankful that he had gone to our venue multiple times so he knew that it is on top of submarine base and that using bluetooth microphones were probably not going to work due to the signal being cut out. He was right and the day of our wedding when he went to test the signal and when he saw it was poor he switched to wired microphones so the sound would be clear and perfect. He worked very well with our wedding coordinators and we loved the fact that we chose all our songs online and could preview any song we wanted. We also loved the fact that if the version of the song was not on his list that we could copy & paste the link from youtube and he would get the type of song we wanted. He played every song we wanted and the dance floor was full at all times. We even had to make some last minute changes and he went right along with it. Anytime we emailed him his response time was quick. Thank you Earl for making our wedding perfect and full of energy. We highly recommend you to all our friends & family!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Sherry · Married on 05/21/2016

Sent on 05/24/2016

Christina · Married on 03/27/2016

MY DJs was such a fantastic company to work with! After choosing Dj Deondre Essex to spin at our wedding, we were able to set up Skype meetings to get better acquainted and discuss our first thoughts/ideas for our big day (which was really convenient considering we live out of state)! Our first visit to their office space was awesome! They have a big room in the back where Deondre mixed/spun a bunch of our favorite genres of music, and went over all the different extras the company had to offer (lighting, photo booths, projections etc). He put on a little show for us :) We ultimately chose to work with MY DJs because of their easy-to-navigate website. They have a program that allows users to build a perfect song list, including specifics for special dances, reception and cocktail hour tunes, and even a section for "songs NOT to play" at any time. They were VERY detail oriented and professional! When it came to the day of, Deondre made sure EVERYTHING went smoothly! From setting up our officiant with a microphone, to reception songs, announcements and getting our guests up to boogie, we couldn't have asked for a better MC! I hate to admit it, but I had put off finishing our song selections list till just DAYS before our wedding, and yet Deondre worked with what we had given him and killed it! He fed off the reactions of my husband and I, as well as our guests, playing one amazing song after another! He was extremely personable and fun, yet professional and focused! He played a key role in making our special day a success! And to top it all off, they were VERY reasonably priced! If you choose to book DJ Deondre Essex for your special event, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Thanks so much MY DJs!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Chtoya · Married on 03/25/2016

We used Deondre from My DJ’s for our wedding on 3-25-16. Deondre met all of our needs and more. First he was extremely professional, always getting back to us in a timely manner and answering all of our questions during the pre-wedding madness.

On the day of, he was on time, dressed for the theme, and set up early. He also coordinated with the live saxophonist we had, arranged all the audio with him and the ceremony went off with out a hitch. During the reception, he was on top of everything, following the timeline to a T. He was fun and engaging as an MC, and an amazing DJ. He played everything we wanted and nothing we didn’t. Everyone we had there commented on how amazing he was and one of our professional friends is already planning to use him for an event. I would highly recommend him for any DJ/MC needs for any type of event.

Sent on 04/22/2016
  • Edsel

Edsel Villar · Married on 03/06/2016

MYDJs for any of your entertainment needs!

Earl DJ/MC'ed our wedding reception and did a fantastic job! He was able to get all of my older aunts and uncles on the dance floor and keep them there all night long, which is nothing short of a miracle! I highly recommend him and MYDJs for any of your entertainment needs!

Sent on 03/30/2020

Jenna C. · Married on 02/07/2016

Everyone Loved The DJ

My husband and I booked DJ Earl for our wedding and he was awesome! He was very nice and really helpful when it came time to choose our "first dance" song, announcement song, etc. He also helped ALOT with moving things along during the wedding, which took a lot of stress off of me. I didn't have a wedding coordinator and the reception started late so he stepped in, rearranged timing of things during the wedding so I could have everything I wanted photographed done before the photographers left (I only booked the photographers for a few hours). I am really grateful he did that because now I have beautiful photos of everything I wanted pictures of :) Many of my guests came up to me after the wedding saying how much they liked the DJ, too. :) Thank you for making my wedding so fun, DJ Earl!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Valeria · Married on 11/14/2015

DJ Earl was incredible! We had many questions and concerns and DJ Earl was so calm and understanding of it all. He knew what we wanted before we could even put it into words. Our bridal party LOVED DJ Earl because he was helpful with our introductions and getting them set up and the music kept people on the dance floor the entire night. DJ Earl was patient beyond belief with us and despite planning a wedding from 300 miles away for us, he made the night better than anything we could dream of!

Do yourselves a favor and book DJ Earl for your event - you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Robert J. · Married on 11/07/2015

Great job keeping the energy up and the party moving!

DJ Steve did a great job with our wedding- he was flexible with all the changes we made up to the day before, and did a great job with the music. At the time of the wedding he did a great job keeping the energy up and the party moving.
    The ceremony was awesome and went without any issues. Since our location was outside (and had no power) we did not get a lapel mic, but it worked just great anyways.
    One of the best things about My DJs is that they have a bunch of planning forms for you to fill out and make sure all the details are covered for your wedding- we found this especially helpful since we didn't have a wedding coordinator.

Genel M · Married on 10/10/2015

I am sooo glad we found this company!

I am sooo glad we found this company! During my wedding planning, I was just browsing through instagram and came across pictures with MY DJS - located in San Diego. Let me just say, HEAVEN SENT!! We booked an appointment with Mr. DJ EARL himself. He is a very friendly and down to earth person! Very easy to work with! We got to see samples of his lighting and he definitely met our request with our music taste and preference. The day of the wedding was smooth like butter and we really didn't have to worry about anything. Great to have an EMCEE and DJ all in one! Everyone had a great time at our wedding and we still get compliments to this day about how fun the party was. Thanks MISTA DJ!!!!!!

Sent on 02/13/2019