MY DJ's Reviews

203 | San Marcos, CA

203 Reviews for MY DJ's

Lindsey M · Married on 06/16/2018

You will not be disappointed.

I know its been a long time coming, but I just want to shout out to My DJs for such an amazing service they provided my husband and I the day of our wedding October 20, 2018. We had to pleasure of working with Earl who was on point and was the life of the party. He was the reason my event went so smoothly. He was friendly, charming and knew how to get the party started as he was out there dancing with us. I highly recommend My DJs! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Kaitlyn D · Married on 06/04/2018

Exceptional doesn't begin to describe how amazing Israel is!

Exceptional doesn't begin to describe how amazing Israel is! This man has a heart of gold and a lot of talent in what he does! I had the privilege of having him DJ my special needs prom and I wouldn't have anyone else! He always plays amazing songs and is very fun and interactive! Dresses up for the occasion and seems to love his job! He is a wonderful human and wonderful DJ! If you want to love your choice and have the best event I would highly recommend him! Honestly if I could give him bonus stars I would! You will not just be blessed by his talent but you will also be blessed by his personality! I will never need another DJ because he will be the only person I call! Thank you Israel!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Lexi · Married on 05/20/2018

Earl was our DJ and he really knew how to read our crowd! He really helped everything move along smoothly and was able to accommodate last minute changes. He was so understanding and responsive to all of our wants and needs. Thank you so much for helping make our day a ton of fun!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

We had DJ Earl for our May wedding, he was awesome!!! We had to plan our wedding from a different state, Earl is flexible and professional, communication was very easy during the whole process. We liked their online planning tool that was very helpful with the event timeline, song selections, even the exact uplight color of our choice, and photobooth template. His music selection was excellent, he also gave us timing recommendations on our “must play” songs, we loved all the songs that he played at our wedding. Everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. Thanks Earl!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/29/2018

DJ. Earl literally ran our ceremony, cocktail music and the entire reception like no other. Our venue forgot to turn our uprights on, put our photo booth in a non visible place and created a few other issues that Earl stepped up and helped on. My husband and I are nervous dancers and he had us on the floor the entire time. Everyone including my dad raved about his skills. He's not afraid to get involved when he sees something happening and knows how to make it a real party. I loved that he showed up in a classic maroon tux too! He just looked, acted and felt the part. Not because he was acting but because you can tell he loves what he does! I would recommend this company to everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Kim · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I were looking for the right energy in an emcee and DJ for our big wedding day and immediately felt comfortable with Earl (Owner) at My DJ's. When we met with him at his office in San Marcos he was understanding of what we were looking for and even had a demo room so we could get a sense for how he would be on our day. He has an online form where we were able to input the songs we wanted for the various parts of the wedding, which was super helpful in ensuring my husband and I were setting the vibe that we wanted. Other than a few "must play" and "don't play" songs, we left all of the cocktail hour, dinner hour, and dancing song selections to Earl. DJ Earl was a true professional; our wedding was executed flawlessly thanks to his great emcee skills. His equipment was top notch including the uplighting that he set up to build the mood for our setting at the Martin Johnson House in La Jolla. We also rented an open air photo booth through MY DJ's and our guests loved it! Thanks again for everything My DJ's and DJ Earl! You knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Gretchen · Married on 02/16/2018

DJ Earl made our wedding day so much fun and all the guests were raving about his song choices. What I particularly liked was how he made sure to check, re-check, and check again about song choices, dances, etc. He was also very approachable and all the aunties loved him. DJ Earl and MyDJ’s in general are top notch!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Alisha · Married on 01/27/2018

I will always use this company for events going forward!! Israel (dark chocolate) was fun & energetic. Kept the crowd going all night!! He even played kids songs to entertain them so the adults could eat dinner. My family & friends are still talking about how much fun they all had at the wedding!! Thank you for an amazing time!!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Rhenee A · Married on 01/12/2018

We will be calling them again!

Very pleased with our experience with My DJ's. Israel got the crowd on their feet and was very accommodating with our requests. Such a pleasure to work with. Helped to make our party a great success. We will be calling them again!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Nichole F. · Married on 12/08/2017

Really happy with my experience with My DJ

DJ Tony was the DJ at our wedding. He was actually really cool and came up with great ideas. During the special dances (father/daughter, etc) he got a feel for the people dancing and could tell we were all uncomfortable in front of all those people so he moved on to the next thing. I didn't even ask him to or give him a look, he just knew! Towards the end of the night, he hosted a dance off that was a huge hit! Everyone LOVED it. What a great idea! I'm really happy with my experience with My DJs. Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Malinda · Married on 11/10/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!! DJ Earl was so professional and fun!!! You can tell he has a lot of experience! He was able to make the perfect combination of music for us and our guest while making sure everyone is having a good time! He took it upon himself to make sure things were on time. Im so thankful for DJ Earl I would recommend him any day!!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Nicole A · Married on 11/07/2017

They answered any question we had.

We hired DJ Earl "Swoll" Henry for our wedding at Twin Oaks Golf Course. We spent a lot of time researching DJs in the San Diego area and were really impressed by all of the great reviews that My DJ's has received. We scheduled an appointment where we met DJ Earl, went over the feeling of our wedding, and were treated to an example of his work. We signed a contract on the spot. We loved how My DJ's runs their client website- you can enter in every single song you want played! Their website is so easy to use and really helped calm our nerves. DJ Earl and his team were really easy to get in contact with during our planning phase. They answered any question we had.

DJ Earl showed up early and was set up well ahead of time! He played every song we requested and really got a feel for what music people were enjoying and played more of it. He was so involved in getting the crowd out onto the dance floor- we had a packed dance floor the entire night! And what I was even more appreciate of, was how well he kept our entire wedding on schedule. He was on time with every announcement and transition into different events. Dj Earl was amazing. I will recommend him to every friend, family member and acquaintance who needs a DJ.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Holly · Married on 11/04/2017

My DJs is a sure bet when you're looking for a DJ! Earl is as experienced as they come and can get the party going like no other. He is a lot of fun, plays the right mix for the crowd, and is an excellent MC. His is very easy to work with and has a wealth of information on all things wedding that he is able to share. But not only that, he is extremely professional and easily accessible during the planning process. I highly highly recommend Earl & My DJs! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/25/2018

sandy · Married on 10/21/2017

My client introduced me to Earl for her wedding this past August. He was very professional and over the top helpful with everything. I will 100% be recommending him to future clients- thank you so much for everything!!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

Planning a wedding when you're out of state can be very stressful; however, My DJ's and DJ Anthony Kings melted that stress away. Weeks leading up to the wedding, I would receive text messages from DJ Tony seeing how we were doing and ensuring to trust in them to have the wedding go smoothly. Guests loved the music ,the DJ interaction and the photobooth. Thank you again for making our wedding everything we wished it would be!

Sent on 10/21/2017
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We had Danny Aon as our DJ and he was awesome! He was very helpful and gave us good ideas for the ceremony and the reception during our wedding preparation. MyDJ also provided us with a website where we could login, list our music preferences, attach some notes on the songs that we picked, specify timeline and others details, which was very useful to get us organized. DJ Danny did a great job following everything that we specified on the website. He also made the transitions very smooth from song to song. It was a very fun wedding celebration and everyone had a great time :D
    Danny also sent us several great photos that he took a couple days after the wedding. Thanks Danny!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Heather · Married on 09/18/2017

My DJs is the best company I have ever hired!! DJ Earl is the owner, and he is amazing. His attention to detail is outstanding, and his talent is remarkable. He loves what he does, and it shows!! I highly recommend My DJs. Call them for your next event!!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Kimmy C · Married on 09/11/2017

I can't say enough good things

DJ Tony, you. are. AWESOME!

My DJs was recommended to us by two other couples and I cannot say enough good things about these guys. Highly professional, easy to work with, very communicative and so, so, so fun.

DJ Tony was on-point from the first time we met him to the last minute of our wedding. Wildly charismatic, attentive and genuinely cares about his clients. We had a few absolutes, but left Anthony up to the rest, and he did not disappoint. Fun? Check. Some heartfelt stuff? Yep. Booty-shaking? Absolutely.

DJ Tony pulled off the perfect mix of being the voice of our wedding, and also just letting things flow. He had no trouble finding the songs we wanted and created a seamless, fun wedding, in addition to helping Caitlin and I just breathe and appreciate the moment.

I can't say enough good things about DJ Tony and HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Rachael · Married on 08/18/2017

DJ Earl FOR THE WIN!!!!

I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to event music because it's such an important element for setting the right vibe. Unfortunately, so many DJs just don't get it right and it can leave a wedding feeling less amazing than it could have with the right music. With that said, Earl is probably the best DJ that I've ever experienced at a wedding or anywhere else for that matter.

My husband and I met with a few other DJs before meeting with Earl and left feeling underwhelmed after each meeting. I can't lie...when we went to My DJs' office in San Marcos we were a little bit skeptical based on the exterior (this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!). Their office is located in an older business park, but once you're inside you COMPLETELY forget where you are. Earl brought us in, sat us down in the front office, and conversed with us to get a feel for the styles of music that we like and the vibe that we were looking for for our wedding. Once he felt like he had enough info, he asked us to stay in the front office for a minute while he got the studio ready...

A few minutes later he called us to the back area, which they have set up as a mock-venue area complete with a mini dance floor! He had us take a seat and he headed into the hidden DJ booth to give us a sample of what he would do at our wedding. Oh. My. Gosh. From the first mix/transition that he did, my husband and I were both bobbing our heads and smiling. We share a pretty eclectic taste in music, yet Earl was mixing the genres and styles and made them sound like they all belonged together. A few songs in I actually started getting choked up because I was picturing our guests dancing to all of the tunes he was playing at our reception.

Earl is an truly an expert and will make your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception EVERYTHING you want it to be!!! My DJs also provided our Photo Booth and uploaded all of the images online! Love them!!!

Sent on 09/17/2017
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 07/22/2017

DJ Earl was one of the best wedding decisions I made. He made everything so simple, and followed through on everything promised. I found him to be hundreds of dollars cheaper than any other San Diego DJ's and still fully committed to providing professional top-notch DJ services. In addition to DJ services, we also rented the AV projector system for a slideshow, a tree light for dancefloor lighting, the photobooth, and remote DJ services at our ceremony site to have mic and music capability at the beach. DJ Earl was on time for set-up, provided assistants at no charge to me, and all services ran incredibly smoothly. I found DJ Earl and all of his MyDJ employees to be polite, professional, and genuinely good people to work with and would HIGHLY reccommend them to anyone looking for a wedding or event DJ. Thank you again Earl!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Kevin Burke · Married on 07/07/2017

Highly professional, easy to work with!

DJ Tony was on-point from the first time we met him to the last minute of our wedding. Wildly charismatic, attentive and genuinely cares about his clients. We had a few absolutes, but left Tony up to the rest, and he did not disappoint. Fun? Check. Some heartfelt stuff? Yep. Booty-shaking? Absolutely.
    I can't say enough good things about DJ Tony and HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Maia

Maia Meunier · Married on 06/05/2017

I will definitely hire him again!

Earl MC'd/DJ'd my wedding and did an awesome job. If I ever need to hire a DJ in the future, I will definitely hire him again!

Sent on 03/30/2020

Kayla · Married on 04/08/2017

Our DJ was Earl Henry. He was fantastic! Super flexible, very accommodating and professional. Hopefully I won't be getting married again but if I do, I'd want to book My DJs again. In addition to the great music which my guests couldn't stop talking about, his staff also took some pics which was a very cool touch!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Steph · Married on 04/01/2017

We used My DJs for our recent wedding. There were a few hiccups but nothing that was a deal breaker, just a lack of communication on all our parts. I would still highly recommend Earl and My DJs. The ceremony music was perfectly timed and the just the right volume. The uplights and monogram were a beautiful touch and so worth it! Overall we had people on the dance all night long! A great success!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Cara R · Married on 02/12/2017

I just used MYDJS for my san diego zoo safari park wedding in Escondido. im not sure what happenedto all the old reviews, but i hired mydjs based on all their prior excellent reviews. From the moment I heard, "oh, let's meet at our studio. so you can see our equipment, lighting, etc., I knew they were going to be super professional and one! They were right on time, played all the right music at the right time, knew how to read a crowd. they did the mikes for my wedding and they had a photo booth package at a great price. They were totally awesome and would recommend them to everyone! From day one all my calls got answered, they would call when needed etc. They made it so music was not one of my worries or issues on the big day!!!! Another great thing is since they are a business, you know that if for some reason one dj couldn't make it another could, a lot of djs work on their own, and who knows if their buddy they call to replace them will actually show....

Sent on 04/20/2019

MY DJ's's reply:

Thank you for sharing the experience of using MY DJs!
    We wish the two of you the best and definitely keep us in mind for future events!