MY DJ's Reviews

203 | San Marcos, CA

203 Reviews for MY DJ's

• Yisel

Yisel P · Married on 04/05/2019

You will not be disappointed!

Deondre from MYdjs in San Marcos was such a pleasure to work with during our wedding planning. He is professional, classy and highly organized. We gave him a very mixed song request list and at our reception, Deondre managed to flow from one genre to another seamlessly and beautifully - he went from Jazz, to pop, to mariachi, to oldies, to rock, to pop, to merengue, to cumbia to soul to r&b. He spins and remixes on the spot! He rocks!!! Aside from the music , he worked with the venue to cue all the events taking place during the night - he even checked in with the wedding party before introductions to make sure he was pronouncing all our names correctly . From the moment you meet with him at the studio and listen to a LIVE DEMO, you will be sold. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia M. · Married on 04/05/2019

We absolutely loved our DJ!

We absolutely loved our DJ! I loved that he was willing to take suggestions from the guests. His music was great. He played all different kinds of songs. When he played dance songs he got up from his DJ booth and showed our students how to do the dance. I would definitely recommend MY DJs for our next event.

Sent on 03/30/2020

Melissa V · Married on 03/05/2019

Thought out music mixes for the dinner hour

Everyone really loved him as a DJ and appreciated how he handled the event timeline. Was very through in double checking details with bride and groom. Really appreciated how he incorporated the special songs, song requests as well as his thought out music mixes for the dinner hour and dancing. We didn't have to worry about anything, had the whole party reception hall dancing when they wanted to.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Leanne R. · Married on 03/01/2019

it was truly an amazing experience!

We had DJ Israel (dj hot chocolate) for our wedding, and it was truly an amazing experience! It's been about a month since the wedding and we still have friends and family talking about how much they enjoyed the DJ. He brought in a lot of enthusiasm and energy, I will definitely be recommending him to friends and family for future events.

Sent on 03/16/2019

Katie G. · Married on 02/11/2019

DJ Hoody's performance was perfect!

Performance/Overall Experience: DJ Hoody's performance was perfect! I was planning my own wedding and hoped that I could find a DJ that would be able to keep up the vibe I wanted for my guests. From the moment I contacted him, he was very professional and very helpful! We had an initial meeting where he provided guidance on what I should ask/look for when planning our wedding. As a bride, I was intimidated by pricing and by all of the details. He helped by providing me with a "Wedding Planner Worksheet," which gave me the opportunity to stay organized and to be creative with my music selection. During our reception, he played all of the songs that we requested and was able to read the crowd to play what everyone could enjoy. I received a lot of compliments from our guests on how great the music selection was and how awesome our DJ was. He kept our night on track and made the announcements. Great energy! I am so pleased with his service/performance!

Sent on 12/10/2019

E Lusardi · Married on 01/26/2019

MY DJs are the best djs in San Diego

We found My DJ's San Diego at a wedding expo and their set up is what caught our eye right away! What we liked so much is how they created the whole experience/vibe; lighting, music, decor, Photo Booth, the whole package. DJ Earl was awesome! Very professional, easy to work with and did everything we asked for. Our whole planning process was under 6 months and DJ Earl was able to accommodate us and was patient with us along the way. He was familiar with our venue, came well prepared and had us and our guest dancing all night!!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Sandy Im · Married on 01/19/2019

Earl for sure know what he is doing!

We found MY DJs on yelp and contacted them to see what services they provided. Once we know DJ Earl is available we set up a video conference to meet and greet. I especially like when Earl showed us how he would mixed different type of songs right in front of us, at the studio, during the video call!

Earl for sure know what he is doing! Our recessional song was spot on just at the right moment, did a great job getting our guests on the dance floor, and he just knows when to play what type of songs throughout the night (we had pop, 80s, slow songs, and some other random genre...LOL). Thank you Earl!! :) :)

Sent on 02/10/2019

Melissa G · Married on 01/09/2019

Al cruz was amazing!

Al Cruz was AMAZING! We got the basic package with him for our engagement party. He kept all the kids entertained, the music selection was amazing, he was well organized. He even inserted a father and daughter dance for me when I requested it the day before. Everything was just perfect. Everyone loved him. I would recommend anyone to use him as your DJ. He made my engagement party a night to remember. I'm looking forward to using him again for my wedding. Thankyou so much Al for making my night and my guests night absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Courtney S · Married on 01/03/2019

Thanks for such great service

DJ Earl was amazing! He listened and catered to my clients needs the whole night even with their last minute requests and changes. And the gentleman working the photo booth had such a contagious energy and passion that got the guests excited to take photos. Thanks for such great service to make this such a great event!

Sent on 11/20/2019

La Shanae · Married on 11/23/2018

Hands down best DJ service

Israel aka “DJ Hot Chocolate”, was the best choice for my wedding! Initially I had a DJ booked through my venue, but decided to find my own DJ, it was the best decision I could of made. He is very entertaining, funny, professional, and knows how to get the party jumping from finish to start. He had everyone up on the dance floor, he interacted with my guest, he pretty much felt like family, that’s how much he fit right in with everyone. My wedding was a week ago, and people are still talking about how good Israel was. I will most definitely be booking again in the near future. Thanks again @Israel Florence.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Porschea Palmer · Married on 10/27/2018

Great service and professional

Great service from Dj .Bryan. After having a bad experience with another company this time around was a lucky charm. Dj arrived early, kept the crowd engaged and was great with kids. Thnx again mydjs for swift customer service and assisting all the way through.👍

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • MARGARITA

MARGARITA · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome dj & staff

We met Earl Henry from MyDJs at the Bridal Bazaar in 2017 and he was the only DJ to stop what he was doing and do a demo for me right there and there. I needed a DJ that could go from a range of Mexican and Latino music to Classic Rock, Motown, and Bay Area, amongst others. He did so spectacularly, and many guests commented that the music flowed very well throughout the entire day. We also rented a Photo Booth from them and the attendant was courteous and professional. Earl and other staff at MyDJs were always in communication with us. From now on, I will go to MyDJs for any event requiring music!

Sent on 11/10/2018
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/20/2018

Great customer service and very professional!

I know its been a long time coming, but I just want to shout out to My DJs for such an amazing service they provided my husband and I the day of our wedding October 20, 2018. We had to pleasure of working with Earl who was on point and was the life of the party. He was the reason my event went so smoothly. He was friendly, charming and knew how to get the party started as he was out there dancing with us. I highly recommend My DJs! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/05/2018

DJ Hot Chocolate is the bomb!

We had a BLAST at our wedding with our DJ. He kept everything going and definitely kept it lively! He is so great and funny! Everyone loved him! Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great time on their wedding day!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Liz G · Married on 10/02/2018

I would recommend DJ Earl a million times over again to anyone

If you are looking for a DJ to make your night everything you could dream of and more, go no further!! DJ Earl exceeded mine and my husbands expectations! We didn't have to worry one bit all night! We knew we were in good hands and couldn't have gotten enough comments about how amazing the night turned out and a lot of that was the awesome DJ and photo booth! Both provided by MY DJ's! I would recommend DJ Earl a million times over again to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • I

Izzy S · Married on 09/29/2018

Awesome DJ!

DJ Earl was awesome! Not only was he very professional and great to work with, but he went above and beyond to make our day truly special. From sound for the ceremony, being the MC, managing the slideshow and the dance floor, he was great!! I still have folks talking about how fun the music was and how they had a great time! If you’re looking for a great DJ who will make your wedding planning life easy, go with DJ Earl!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Martina · Married on 09/21/2018

Could not have asked for a better DJ!

I cannot say enough great things about DJ Earl! He was so professional from the beginning. During the wedding planning period, he communicated well and in a timely manner. We didn't have time to select all our wedding songs, but he asked about our style and the genres we liked and worked that into our wedding. It was perfect! He worked the crowd and announced everything that was happening from the first dance to cake cutting. This made everything confusion free and so much fun! If someone requested a song, he always made sure it was ok with us! He was also dressed very nicely and I'm so sad I didn't get to take a picture with him:( I'll just have to rely on my memory! Best DJ ever!

Sent on 02/25/2019

MY DJ's's reply:

Thank you Martina! It was a pleasure being part of your special day. I wish you & Jason many years of happiness.
    DJ Early

Andrea V · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Christian was the best DJ for our wedding!

DJ Christian was the best DJ for our wedding! We had a large hispanic wedding and kept the dancefloor alive. He played what we wanted and never was there not people dancing. Everything went as played and he was the perfect bilingual MC. Book Christian if you want organized and amazing music. He knows his stuff!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Vanessa · Married on 08/25/2018

Best DJ ever! We wanted a DJ who could mix hip-hop and latin music for our wedding. More than half of our playlist was latin music, and DJ Earl exceeded our expectations. He had everyone dancing all night and played all of the songs we loved. He was very professional and attentive to all details of the wedding to ensure it ran smoothly. We also rented the open-air photo booth and that was a hit too. Great picture quality and lots of props which made it extra fun for our guests. Thanks again for making our night fun and memorable!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Andrea V. · Married on 08/09/2018

If you want organized and amazing music.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Gabby · Married on 07/22/2018

We hired DJ Israel Florence aka DJ Hot Chocolate for our wedding and he was fantastic! Once he played for us in the demo room at the San Marcos studio, we knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding! He was very thorough, followed our detailed timeline flawlessly, and had fun right alongside us. He made our wedding lively and entertaining with his upbeat personality. He played all of the songs on our playlist - 50s, 60s, 70s, latin, pop, top 40 - and made sure our guests were having a good time. He even brought his selfie stick and took some great videos on the dance floor. We had so much fun at our wedding in large part thanks to him. Do not hesitate to hire DJ Hot Chocolate - he will not disappoint! We love you, DJ Hot Chocolate!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Marie · Married on 07/08/2018

My DJs is always a pleasure tomwork with! not only are they professional but they have superb customer service. They always go above and beyound at every event and really know how to make the event memorable! I would reconmend My DJs to everyone

Sent on 08/20/2018

Derrick T · Married on 07/07/2018

MyDjs and Earl were fantastic!

MyDjs and Earl were fantastic! We were planning a destination wedding in San Diego from 2K miles away and Earl went above and beyond to help accommodate us. The MyDjs portal is also a great tool that helped us plan out and communicate how we wanted our big day to go.

On the actual wedding day, Earl's professionalism really stood out as he knew how and when to speak with both the venue staff and also when was a good time to communicate with both of us (groom and bride). Above all, the most important key to a great DJ is knowing how to read the crowd and Earl's experience really showed here. When the energy level on the dance floor would start to drop, Earl would play the perfect song to get everyone moving again, that's all we could ask for! If you're looking for a great wedding dj, look no further!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Regina G · Married on 06/27/2018

MyDJs was by far one of the most professional!

DJ Israel Florence, aka "DJ Hot Chocolate," was OUTSTANDING. He kept our party going, and chose all of the appropriate music for our very diverse crowd. Everyone, from my very traditional Asian family, to my husband's international friends (from France), to our coworkers and friends who are local to here, enjoyed the party, and at one point, I would say that 90% of our attendees were on the dance floor partying it up! Mind you, this crowd was a hard-to-please, quiet crowd, that I would say are quiet 99% of the time--but you would've never guessed it from that night, because DJ Hot Chocolate got the crowd moving and brought out that 1% of wild, crazy fun from our attendees! I can honestly say that I've never attended a wedding as crazy, fun, loud, and memorable as this one--and I'm just glad that this was MY wedding!
    Everything, from the DJ hyping up the crowd, to our first dance music, to the ceremony songs, to the Cupid Shuffle (!!! most fun!!!), was executed perfectly. From beginning to end, DJ Hot Chocolate really took the driver's seat and steered the wheel, leaving absolutely nothing for my husband and I to worry about. We were able to dance the night away and have fun with our friends.
    Best of all, DJ Hot Chocolate is warm, friendly, personable, and really cares about you before, during, AND after the wedding. Our guests complimented the song choices over and over again, and loved the music and the PHOTOBOOTH!
    Earl Henry was also a pleasure to work with, and was easy to talk to and professional when it came to setting up our contract for the DJ, uplights, and photobooth.
    We had a diverse group of vendors, some that were good, and some that were awful, but MyDJs was by far one of the most professional and AMAZING vendors we worked with. We are thankful they made our night a night to remember!

Sent on 02/13/2019

Jason B · Married on 06/23/2018

Musically Yours DJ'd my wedding a couple and their awesome!

Earl Henry of Musically Yours DJ'd my wedding a couple of weeks ago and he's awesome. He has a great website for setting up your event and is super flexible. He did a fantastic job and my guests all commented on how much they liked him. Great job Earl. I'd definitely use him or anyone from his company again. He'll do the event exactly as you direct him. No line dances, no problem. No country music, no problem. I've actually been to another wedding done by these guys and it was just as fun.

Sent on 02/19/2019