MWES Weddings Reviews

57 | Chicago, IL

57 Reviews for MWES Weddings

Gena Dobson · Married on 07/21/2018

fairy tale!

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding! I knew it would be a daunting task to turn my venue into the fairy tale setting that I pictured and MWES Weddings exceeded my expectations. Thanks again, MWES crew for making our day special!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jacky · Married on 11/12/2016

I'm very glad I booked with this company. They were friendly, helpful, and made my life a whole lot less stressful leading up to my wedding. Thumbs Up!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Bridget · Married on 10/22/2016

Absolutely love working with this company! They made it so easy for me to just be able to enjoy my wedding reception. I never once worried about when anything was going to happen. They had us on the schedule down to the minute. It was perfect. They also kept my guest dancing all night. We gave them some music that we wanted to hear, but told them to play what worked. That is exactly what they did. They played a good variety of music for all of my guest and kept them busy on the dance floor. I was so happy to have a vendor that didn't need any hand holding from us.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Love love LOVE the couple that runs this company! They went out of their way to meet somewhere convenient for me and immediately put me at ease. I'm so glad I hired them. My music was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a more fun MC!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Adrial · Married on 09/03/2016

Aly made me feel so at ease! I didn’t have to worry once that we would fall behind schedule…it all felt totally natural. Thank you SO much, MWES Weddings!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Emily · Married on 08/26/2016

I had several guests come up to me at the reception telling me how awesome they thought our DJ was. They were all very impressed that she knew all of the songs that they were requesting. Not a lot of DJs are as knowledgeable of music. I think that's really important.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Laura · Married on 08/20/2016

I can’t recommend this company more highly! They were so helpful and knowledgeable and I thought it was the sweetest thing that the company is owned by a married couple! They really GET IT!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Marina · Married on 08/06/2016

I’m the kind of bride that has trouble staying focused, so having a DJ ready and willing to wrangle me and all of the bridal party for the first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc. was a godsend! Patrick had even handed a wireless microphone to my Dad before I even knew it was speech time. He seriously made my night feel special and relaxed. I will absolutely hire this company again! 5 huge stars!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Nancy · Married on 05/21/2016

I actually hired this company because I saw them at my friends wedding. But the coolest thing was that when it came to my wedding, it didn't feel like the exact same wedding reception. It felt like it was mine. They asked me in advance for any song requests that we had and more importantly any songs that we wanted to put on the do not play list. I even felt like they adapted there emceeing to suit our vibe. Great group of people. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Racheal · Married on 04/30/2016

This company was fantastic. I really saved a lot of money by hiring this company. I found this company and inquired about pricing then found out that they also do decor and photo booth. I'm not going into specifics, but I'll say that my aunt was very jealous and wished she had hired them for her anniversary party because of all of the money she would have saved. I really enjoyed all of their insights, as well. I felt like They really had my back. Even though we saved a bunch of money being going with them for all the services they offered, I never felt like I was getting reduced product from them. Our friends who recently got married recommended the companies they used to us. I am glad we did not go straight with them since MWES was cheaper and I feel that their services were even better than the more expensive companies. I can not recommend this company more highly.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Dania · Married on 04/02/2016

The most personable vendors I’ve ever worked with. My wedding guests had a wonderful time dancing and using the photobooth. Thanks!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Sam · Married on 10/10/2015

Aly and Midwest Event Solutions were there every step of the way. No matter what type of question we had or what we were hoping to do, Midwest Event Solutions was there to support us and design our day. Aly was very knowledgeable and helped up make some adjustments to our schedule to make our day flow better as well as make the times for each part of our day realistic. The night of our wedding was so much fun, we wished it could have lasted longer, even after extending our time. When our guest were still dancing at the end of our wedding Midwest Event Solutions had no problem staying longer at our request. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company to anyone.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Patrick and Ally with Midwest Event Solutions could not have been more helpful! Patrick would meet us down the street at Starbuck's for our consultations, laid everything out for us, and made everything so easy! We were able to pick every song played, and it went like a dream! Doing this on their website was a breeze. We are so grateful!!!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Erika · Married on 07/11/2015

Aly did a great job DJing our wedding. She followed our timeline and song requests perfectly, and was a wonderful emcee for the evening. Midwest Event Solutions overall was responsive and professional. They were willing to answer any and all questions we had. We'd highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Midwest Event Solutions was very attentive to our every need. They worked with us every step to design our reception. In the end we ended up using their DJ and Decor services. Their DJ kept our guest dancing all night and Patrick transformed our banquet room. He had a ton of ideas to changed the dated room into something that wouldn't have believed was the same venue on our wedding day. I can not recommend this company enough.

Sent on 10/30/2015

grechen · Married on 01/03/2015

Midwest Event Solutions made our wedding day go off without a hitch. My guest and I were blown away when we first walked into our reception room. Midwest Event Solutions did an amazing job with the ceiling canopy and draping. The chandeliers really added the finishing touch. Their DJ was perfect. From the start of the night he kept our evening on track and worked closely with our photographer and videographer to make sure they didn't miss anything. Their photobooth was also great. They had so many fun props for our guest to use. Everyone loved that they got a copy of the strip. My best friend has already booked them for her wedding early next year. I am so excited to be at a wedding with this company again.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Christina · Married on 10/25/2014

We were really happy to see that this company offered multiple services. We found them first by searching for a DJ and upon learning that they offered décor services, promptly booked those services as well. When all was said and done we also got a great deal on a photobooth from them. Everyone did a great job. The music was so much fun and the décor transformed our room. It felt like you were stepping into another place when you entered the room. The photobooth was the hit of the night! Thanks, MWES, for helping us create our best night ever. Highly recommended!!

Kaeli · Married on 10/24/2014

MWES Décor services put the finishing touches on our day. The ceremony décor (draping behind the service, aisle décor and an aisle barrier so no one but the bridal party walked down the runner) were absolutely perfect. For cocktail hour, the lights put under the tall tables made the room look so cool and specific to us. The reception was just awesome with our monogram projected over the head table, uplighting around the room coordinated to our wedding colors. They were great about the whole planning process; we gave them our budget and they worked with us to ensure it was used effectively and appropriately throughout the entire wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Brianna · Married on 10/18/2014

I have been to so many weddings in generic reception halls and I wanted to find a way to make my special day not feel like another run of the mill wedding. When I contracted MWES Weddings, Patrick worked with me to make my desires a reality. Our friends and family love to dance, so I let them know that the dance floor was the most important part of our wedding. Knowing this Patrick design kept the focus to our dance floor. He showed us photos of white dance floors and we knew we that was a must to transform the old looking parquet floor into something that was elegant. Over the dance floor you used a 12 point two toned ceiling canopy that matched our wedding colors perfectly. The one thing that we were worried about going in was the color of our uplighting matching the colors. Many of the weddings we had gone to that had uplighting had a color that was close to the wedding colors but none seemed to match really well. Patrick put my mind to ease with this when he setup a meeting with us so we could bring in something that had our wedding colors in it and he went through to find the exact right color that we approved. It was little things like this to made us know MWES was going to be exact on everything we wanted.

We also used MWES for our DJ. John was very personable and brought a lot of energy to our wedding. We are glad that we did the upgraded lighting package as well with the DJ services. Having the moving lights on the dance floor with the DJ assistant that controlled them created the exact environment we wanted.

From one bride to another, if you are looking for a company that will take the ideas you had of your wedding since you were a little girl and will turn them into a reality. MWES

Sent on 10/22/2014

Emily · Married on 10/18/2014

Midwest Event Solutions saved our wedding when the first DJ company we booked started coming back to us with all of these additional hidden fees. There was an extra charge for everything, but that was not clear from our first meeting. We had signed a contract already and thought we were stuck, but after reaching out to Midwest, they helped coach us through how to handle the situation and were very accommodating with a payment plan while we figured things out. My husband and I really appreciated the care and extra help Patrick and his staff gave us.

Abby · Married on 10/04/2014

We booked Midwest Event Solutions with only a few weeks before our wedding date. My husband is in the army and found out he was being deployed earlier than expected, so we decided to move up our date. We were relieved to see all of the services that this company had to offer (dj, décor and photo booth) and happy that they worked with us to get things booked and settled quickly. We were delighted with how everything turned out; the paper lanterns and uplighting in our tent gave it a very cool and distinctive look. The photo booth was great fun for our guests (they helped us design our favors too-fun frames for the photo strips) and Aly, our dj was perfect to keep the party going and help our guests see important events (our backyard wedding had different locations for different things like cake-cutting, dancing, etc). It was nice to have a second dj to help coordinate with the other vendors as well. Thanks to everyone from Midwest who helped my husband and I see our dream wedding come to life on our expedited timeline. It was absolutely perfect and breathtaking.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Gina · Married on 10/04/2014

Great Décor, Fantastic Customer Service

The title says it all; MWES did a great job with décor and had fantastic customer service throughout our whole experience. We liked that they worked with both our venue and us to ensure that we were utilizing our budget and fulfilling our needs appropriately. They wouldn’t just sell us something because we asked for it. They talked with us to really understand the feel and look we were going for and then made sure that it made sense for our venue. We got to be really involved with putting things together and had MWES’ expertise to help guide us. Thanks again!

Kalli · Married on 10/04/2014

We booked MWES and highly recommend them. Great people/staff, fantastic service and worry/hassle-free booking and planning. Online planning tools for dj were great, everything we could think of was there and no detail was missed. Head table draping, room uplighting and bridal monogram on dance floor were breath taking. Pricing was fair, especially for the quality of service.

Katy · Married on 09/27/2014

We had our reception at the Allerton Hotel and although it is beautiful, the ballroom has a configuration such that you cannot always see the head table. Midwest Event Solutions set up video screens with a live video feed of the head table so that no matter where you were you could see and hear the head table. This made it so much nicer for guests during toasts and speeches. Midwest also did a video montage that played at times throughout the reception with pictures of us growing up and at the early stages of our relationship. It was truly beautiful and made our reception. Their DJ service was second-to-none and we had no complaints! Be prepared for a great experience with this company.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Madeleine · Married on 09/20/2014

If you’re looking for a company to assist you with multiple services and achieve with each one, this is your wedding vendor. They do such a great job (we’ve been to three different weddings where they provided some service) and consistently make sure you’re happy and getting what you need. Patrick, Smooch, Aly and Kate all were great the day of our wedding. It was so wonderful to work with people that were as concerned about making my wedding day as perfect as I was. This team knew their stuff and delivered on their promises. My guests had a blast at our reception and even commented on how fun the cocktail/dinner hour music was (we knew didn’t want “jazz standards” or “The Rat Pack,” but weren’t sure what else there was). Their photo booth was the best one I’ve ever been in! GREAT selection of props (which was included in the price!!!) and very fun attendant. Décor was beautiful and meticulously done. Yes, there are tons of other companies out there that provide these services, but you’ll be hard pressed to find one that does all of them as well, plus providing excellent customer service, as Midwest Event Solutions.