MWES Weddings Reviews

81 | Chicago, IL

81 Reviews for MWES Weddings

Jojo Ericson - August 31 2019 · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Best DJs Around

The best DJ company ever. Back Street Boys? Played it. Stupid group dances? Avoided them. Playing music that got both my grandma and my 20 year old sister on the dance floor? Did it. What a great party.

Trina Waters · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Book This Company

Thanks to Aly, Patrick, Andrew and Smooch for the best night ever!! Book these people. You’ll thank me later.

Meredith Garrard · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Simply Solution, Great Service!

This company takes the guess work and worry out of planning and the timeline of events for the evening. We didn’t have to meet them in person and they were flexible to our needs and busy schedules. Appreciated their attention to detail day of the wedding.

Sam Motte · Getting married on 03/04/2021

So so great

This company was perfect and the service was great! Our guests danced the night away, which is exactly what we wanted. Thanks, MWES!

aaron Cervone · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Halloween Dream

Every single person on earth thought I was crazy when I wanted to subtly include skulls and Halloween things for our October wedding. I didn’t want it to feel tacky or like a Halloween party, but I love Halloween and dark things and wanted that incorporated into by decorations and reception. For me, it would have felt fake to have a typical blush “white wedding.” Aly and Patrick helped us select details that were still very upscale and fancy, but caught the vibe of our halloween love. It only made sense because my husband and I met at a Halloween party. It was so amazing to see exactly what I wanted come to life without having to worry over every detail myself. It was completely worth it to hire a company and let them do the work. You guys ROCK.

Valery Crumm · Getting married on 02/07/2021

Don't use Spotify, book MWES

We thought about just doing a Spotify playlist for our wedding and boy, that would have been a mistake. MWES dj service isn’t the cheapest dj out there, but with good reason. Our dj/mc Aly, was great at making sure everything went smoothly and that we were happy throughout the night. She made sure to grab me when a few of my favorite songs were going to play, so I didn’t miss them. We had some crazy spur of the moment requests that she fulfilled so fast and it really made it all feel special and unique. Pretty sure my sister is booking this company for her wedding in 2020.

Dina Banch · Married on 01/05/2021

Amazing Decor

The decor this company provides is hands-down amazing. Patrick worked hard to come up with our decor plan with some very vague input from us. All we knew was that we wanted a striking, beautiful and memorable room. We had a certain budget in mind and got very close to meeting it. Patrick gave us some options under our budget and at our budget. The things we ended up adding put us over our initial budget, but they were the small things that made a big difference. Thanks, Patrick and MWES!

Shannon Grahn · Married on 12/08/2020

Great Experience

MWES Weddings has personable, caring staff, professional equipment and stellar service. Happy to have booked them and will recommend them in the future.

Kate Bragg · Married on 08/09/2020

Helped me feel special

It was really important to me that my reception feel individual and different from all of the other weddings we have been going to recently. Although we all like some of the same songs and some of those were played, it was great to have more music where people were like “of course YOU played this at your wedding.” I liked that they knew we had a hand in planning every detail of our wedding.

Mika Novak · Married on 08/04/2020

Outstanding Service

Our experience with Midwest Weddings was outstanding. The staff cares about you as a person and not as a dollar sign, which feels significantly different than some of our other experiences with the wedding pros. We didn’t feel like we were sold on services we didn’t need and the add on services (upgraded photo booth, extra time) were worth it.

• Z

Zoey Rickers · Married on 07/07/2020

No hassle, great service

We booked this company online and did everything digitally. Their online planning software is great and I liked that I could add songs at my leisure. Their payment options are flexible and they’re accommodating. No hassle. Great service. Wonderful party.

Laura Filmeck · Married on 01/04/2020

True Professionals

This is hands-down a great company. My husband has background in Djing and audio “tech stuff,” so he had a very high standard for our Dj. He was blown away by the level of equipment this company used. When we’ve been to other ceremonies that are on location (not in a place of worship), he has commented on the buzz from the microphones and the “consumer level” of the equipment (I sure hope I’m getting all of this stuff right!), none of which was the case with MWES. If you want to hire true professionals, then we suggest you choose MWES.

Sarah Green · Married on 10/08/2019

Very Pleased!

We were so pleased to have selected MWES Weddings for our primary wedding service provider. They did our decor (including table linens, white vinyl dance floor and string lighting over dance floor), DJ (our guests NEVER stopped dancing!!) and photo booth (the most fun we’ve ever had in a photo booth). The MWES team worked hard to ensure that everything could go as according to plan as possible. We thoroughly appreciated their dedication to us throughout the entire process.

Lizzy Drantz · Married on 10/08/2019

Honest and great service

The best part about this company is that they’re honest. They will tell you exactly what is worth spending your money on and where you can make some different choices to save a buck or two. They don’t take your requests at face value and then give you a price. Patrick really worked with us to understand our overall vision for the space, helped us to decide our must-haves and priorities and then made some other suggestions here and there when he felt something would really make a positive difference. I appreciated that we weren’t just another job to them, but that they really cared about making this a perfect day for me and my husband.

Tara Dowell · Married on 08/06/2019

Outstanding

Gwen Childs · Married on 07/06/2019

so.much.fun

Go for the platinum photo booth package! It seemed crazy, but we were a little worried because we had a smaller wedding and not everyone is into dancing. The cool photo booth gave people a reason to stay and made the reception feel interactive. We really liked that different groups of people were getting together for photos. It helped our families get to know each other and have fun in a low pressure way which was great since it was the first time many of them met. Thanks to Smooch, Andrew and Aly for making our wedding cool and special.

Elizabeth Zen · Married on 05/07/2019

Great Company!!!!!!!

Abby Wong · Married on 04/05/2019

Great online options

Online planning was a must for me. I knew what I wanted for my playlist. I liked that I could review my choices and update things on my end, knowing that we all had the same information. Serious props to our DJ, Andrew, because we had some tricky names and a huge wedding party, so our introductions were a lot of work. All of our guests danced throughout the night and we were begging for more. I know you’ll feel the same.

Becca Schneider · Married on 04/05/2019

Quality Service

MWES provides a quality service across the board. We booked the DJ and photobooth services and had so much fun. We liked that we got to choose our photobooth backdrop and got custom designed photo printouts. We didn’t do strips, we did 4x6 with our wedding logo and theme, which we used instead of favors. Their booth was open-air and modern. You can tell it was new and had used the latest technology.

Ashley Vales · Married on 04/05/2019

Quality Services

Rylie Jackobs · Married on 03/08/2019

The best DJs around!

We’ve been to 2 other weddings MWES deejayed, before having them do our own, so we have experienced their service from multiple perspectives. As guests, we experienced the DJ’s ability to read a crowd and keep everyone dancing. Somehow they managed to play everyone’s favorite song and even some throwbacks we didn’t know we wanted to hear. As the bride and groom, we experienced their great customer service and their desire to go above-and-beyond for us on our wedding day. Andrew, our DJ, made sure to work with the venue so that we stayed on our timeline and made sure our photographer and video person were always ready and in place. He even went to find my mom to make sure she was in the room for mine and my husband’s first dance. I appreciated that this went on behind-the-scenes and that we weren’t bothered with every single change throughout the night. All we had to focus on was having a good time!

Carina Hoomes · Married on 01/09/2019

More Than We Bargained For

My husband and I definitely got more than we bargained for when we chose MWES Weddings as our wedding DJ and decor provider. Being in our 20’s, we’ve been to a lot of weddings and they’re all very similar. The dj has the same lights that sit on the table and spin or sometimes are on a pole. They’re fun and make it feel like a party, but a little cheesy. We were really excited that all of the equipment from MWES was sleek and polished. The lights were on a stand with a spandex cover, so we didn’t have cords and equipment in our photos. Andrew was so polite and hard working. We’re friends with the coordinator at our venue and she asked for MWES contact info because it was such a positive experience all around.

Mooma Shinti · Married on 01/06/2019

NOT too good to be true :)

I really thought this company would be too good to be true. I didn’t think you could find a vendor with multiple services where each service was treated as an individual one with a high priority. We booked photo booth, dj and decor, and each service had its own dedicated staff. Our photo booth attendant might have been the best part! I think his name was Smooch and he was really fun and great at interacting with our guests! Drew did a great job with keeping everyone dancing and the decor went up without a hitch. We got so many compliments on everything.

Nancy Lish · Married on 01/06/2019

Awesome DJS

Cool people, great service and terrific value. Got more than we bargained for. Recommending to friends and family.

Gena Dobson · Married on 07/21/2018

fairy tale!

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding! I knew it would be a daunting task to turn my venue into the fairy tale setting that I pictured and MWES Weddings exceeded my expectations. Thanks again, MWES crew for making our day special!

Sent on 10/15/2018