Mustangs Band of Washington DC Reviews

10 | Washington, DC

10 Reviews for Mustangs Band of Washington DC

The Mustangs played our recent wedding (and also did the ceremony and cocktail hour music). They were fantastic from beginning to end. They sounded great and really energized the crowd--the three main singers had amazing voices, and the sax and trumpet player were top notch. Numerous guests commented that they were one of the best, if not the best, wedding band they had experienced. Candace was easy to work with, made a number of helpful suggestions, and the band learned a few songs at our request (which sounded just as good as the numerous songs on their play list). We highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Libby · Married on 05/03/2014

We LOVE the Mustangs! My sister had them at her wedding (after hearing them at her friend's wedding), and when I got engaged the first vendor we booked, after the venue, was the Mustangs. The music is amazing, they get everyone dancing, and they take requests from guests. Candice is great to work with. The band learned a few songs for us, and one which they couldn't they made sure to have the sound guy play when the band took a break. They really do an excellent job of fulfilling all requests, or at least coming close! We received so many compliments about the band, as we knew we would. A friend of mine told me she recommended them to her cousin after hearing them at our wedding. I hope the Mustangs are playing at the next wedding I attend!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Ellen · Married on 08/01/2009

The Mustangs are the best band we've ever heard! They have a stellar repertoire and played everything we wanted to hear. Everyone danced at our wedding-thanks to the great musicians in the Mustangs. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2009

rebecca · Married on 06/06/2009

They were terrific...would highly recommend them - everyone who attended the wedding raved about them..they looked like they were having a great time too!

Sent on 06/26/2009

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2007

The Mustangs were absolutely fantastic. They are a 12 member, primarily soul band based in DC. 5 members of the band formed a jazz ensemble for our cocktail hour and were excellent. For the reception, all members played and provided non-stop dance music. Everyone in attendence kept commenting on how great they were and I'm still getting calls and emails requesting their information. I highly recommned The Mustangs Band for your wedding or private event. They really set the mood and everyone had an awesome time.

***Note: we used The Mustangs Band which is the larger ensemble of DC Soul. The contact is the same. Please see their website at www.mustangsband.com***

Sent on 06/28/2007

Chris · Married on 09/29/2001

The Mustangs had 9 band members including 3 horns. I believe you can book the band with fewer musicians for a lower cost. The Mustangs are a lot of fun! Big band, motown music is their specialty but they'll do anything. They have a female and a male lead singer. I hired the Mustangs because I loved them at a friend's wedding reception. A friend of ours hired them after seeing them at our wedding reception.

Very highly recommended!

I used Bialek Music agency to book the Mustangs. Phone # 301-340-6206

Sent on 01/08/2007

Mustangs Band of Washington DC's reply:

Hello…anyone reading this should contact us directly!! You will reach the bandleader, not an agency. Not sure why this was posted like this, but the main contact is Candace at 917-570-6609 or candace@mustangsband.com

Ana · Married on 09/12/2015

The Mustangs Band put on the dance party of my dreams!!! Everyone at the wedding could not stop talking about how amazingly talented they were and how awesome. So many guests said it was hands down the best wedding band they had ever heard. Don't hesitate to hire them. Everyone will be on the dance floor grooving like crazy. I was a little worried about the lack of contemporary top 40, but these artists (and, seriously, that is really really what they are) totally know what they are doing and know how to play only the really, really good stuff and I'm now eternally grateful that I didn't have cheesy, ephemeral stuff on my play list. I had a lot of musicians at the wedding and all of them were floored by the Mustangs' talent. It's really a very special group. I feel like I'm being inarticulate, but they were just out of this world.

My only tiny beef is with some of the communication before hand: Candace their manager was hard to get in touch with when I was planning. I'm also pretty sure they didn't play the two songs I requested that they learn, which if I had heard that in advance I would have been fine with as I trust their judgment, but Candace just wasn't as clear with the communication as would have been optimal so I was a little disappointed about that. But honestly, who cares? They are ridiculously over the top good at what they do and that's really all that matters.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Mustangs Band of Washington DC's reply:

Hello Ana, So sorry for the glitches in communication. I'm not sure I shared this with you, but I had undergone a knee replacement surgery leading up to your wedding and was admittedly pre-occupied with some serious medical complications before and after surgery. I apologize for making you nervous, this is the last thing I wanted to do. I'm glad you enjoyed your party! And we hope to see you at future events. -Candace

Angela · Married on 05/08/2010

We had the 9 piece Mustangs at our wedding, and they were wonderful! We received several compliments from our guests on the band. Everyone wanted to know who they were, so they could recommend them to their friends. Candace was nice to work with also. The band learned our first dance song and was flexible. I would recommend them to future brides, they had our guests dancing until the end of the wedding and no one wanted it to be over!

Sent on 05/25/2010

The band was awesome. All generations really enjoyed the music and they weren't too loud so no one else could talk at the venue. Sometimes they were a little bit difficult to get a hold of but as the date got closer they were much more responsive.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2010

2.5
      3.0

The Mustangs ROCK! They were awesome! Our wedding was in Philadelphia but the groom found them in his hometown of DC. but they traveled to Philadelphia without any travel fees. They were so good that the coordinator at the National Constitution Center asked for their card so she could recommend them to others. Our only complaints were some glitches in communications before the event and the mispronunciation of the maid of honor's unusual name which had been noted before the event on several occasions. But these were minor issues compared to the quality of the music. Everyone danced and danced and danced. They are loud but they are good so we would recommend them to anyone with a big venue who enjoys Motown and rock and roll. We had a great time!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Mustangs Band of Washington DC's reply:

Hello Lauren, So sorry for the glitches in communication. I'm not sure I shared this with you, but I had been in an accident prior to your wedding, and had to undergo a total knee replacement surgery leading up to your big day. I was admittedly pre-occupied with some serious medical complications before and after surgery. I apologize for making you nervous, this is the last thing I wanted to do. I'm glad you enjoyed your party! And we hope to see you at future events. -Candace