MusicMasters Reviews

MusicMasters 3
MusicMasters 4
MusicMasters 5

cleo · Married on 05/20/2012

We were able to customize exactly what we wanted to hear and even when there were changes we were swiftly accommodated. Justin is the best at what he does. He listens and feels the crowd to ensure that everyone is having a great time. My wedding was full of music for all ages and the dance floor was packed. Really wish I had two more hours to dance around.

Sent on 05/25/2012

C · Married on 03/24/2012

Music was one of the most important aspects of our wedding so picking a DJ was a little scary. When I sent a request for more information to MM, I received a call in less than 24 hours from the most amazing voice I've ever heard. Dan Hawkins! He was BORN for this industry. I almost INSTANTLY knew that he would be amazing because of his perfect radio voice, professionalism, and sense of humor. The planning website that Music Masters provides was a HUGE HELP. It kept me organized with music selections, requests, timelines, DO NOT plays, and it had a list of new song releases which was a huge help. I logged in to the site almost every day, I was addicted! Dan played all of our "Must Play" requests and kept the dance floor packed all night. After the last song finished and Dan announced the end of the reception, all of our guests started chanting "ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG!" It was hilarious and a true reflection that Dan was doing a kick-ass job (and he ended up playing 2 more songs)! Three days before the wedding when Dan and I spoke to finalize everything, he mentioned up-lighting for the walls. We decided to add amber up-lighting to our package for a small fee and it made an enormous difference in our reception room. I am SO GLAD that Dan mentioned they could provide different lighting because it was really the icing on the cake and made the room feel even more romantic than it already was. We HIGHLY recommend Music Masters and will definitely hire them if we need DJ services again.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Libby · Married on 03/03/2012

Dan was awesome! He was easy to get in touch with and extremely professional. He was punctual, low key, and kept people dancing all night. He helped me a great deal in figuring out the order of events (I had no idea when certain things should happen) and his website was extremely easy to use to request songs. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Jordan · Married on 01/13/2012

GO WITH DAN!!!! It is true when they say the DJ can make or break your event. Dan was worth every penny. He did exactly as we asked, kept the crowd dancing, and even was so helpful to keep everything moving according to plan. He did a great job!

Sent on 01/23/2012
  • J.

J. · Married on 10/14/2011

We had Joe for our wedding this October and he was great. He played exactly what I asked him to and followed our timeline perfectly. I loved their online system that allowed you to go in and see the details of your wedding. It also allowed you to pay online and create a playlist. I definately recommend these people! Alot of weddings I have gone to the DJ plays whatever they want. I actually have requested music before at a wedding and have been told no even though the music they chose to play themselves clearly was keeping people off the dance floor. If you know good music and know what is going to make your wedding fun choose these people so you can guarantee you'll hear what YOU want played!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Cassie · Married on 09/17/2011

MusicMasters was fantastic and our DJ Dan was awesome!! Dan was always available for in-person meetings or via phone or email to answer questions and provide great suggestions. Dan took many very last minute music requests from both myself and my family and incorporated them into the reception! During the wedding Dan personally came and found me to let me know he was about to play one of my requested songs. He did the same thing for my dad. Dan really "read our crowd" perfectly and had the dance floor full of all ages the entire night! MusicMasters offers a great user friendly website to listen to all kinds of music to gain inspiration for your special day. The website also had tons of great tips and etiquette to help in your music selections. You have the option to provide all of your music selections via the website (which worked great for us) or providing in a written worksheet and sending in to MusicMasters. If you are looking for a fun and upbeat wedding I highly recommend MusicMasters for music entertainment that appeals to your entire group.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2011

Our guests had a great time and our DJ was able to keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Christie · Married on 08/12/2011

We used Dan, from Music Masters, for our wedding on 8/12/11 and he was so awesome! He was so professional and such a pleasure to work with. From our initial consultation to the big day, Dan was great. He thoroughly answered all of our questions and even helped us with some of our music selections. We had a personalized website that allowed us to specifically pick songs we wanted to hear (or didn’t want to hear). We could type in all of our wedding party information right to the site so Dan would have it all on hand prior to the big day, rather than hand writing everything out and sending it to him via paper. We even needed a special microphone/speaker set up for our outdoor ceremony and Dan pulled it all together for us.
    From the moment Dan started the music, the dance floor was full and it stayed full all night! Even as the bride, I think I danced more than I thought I would! Dan was sure to play all of our special requests, and took special requests from our guests as well. He was able to read the crowd and know exactly what would keep them on their feet.
    I have also been to other weddings that used Music Masters, which is how I learned about them. If you’re looking for a professional DJ service that won’t disappoint, Music Masters is it.

Sent on 09/09/2011

Michele · Married on 07/30/2011

My overall experience with MusicMasters was first class all the way. When first setting up an appointment to meet, Dan (the owner) was very flexible and responsive to provide a date and time good for both of us. Dan was so personable and charismatic when discussing what I wanted for the wedding that we decided to hire him personally to do the wedding. I must tell you, Dan’s years of experience showed on the actual wedding day because the music selection and how the night was run were amazing. My wedding was a big mix of older and younger generations so I was worried if people would get out on the dance floor. My worry was short lived because everyone at my wedding danced the night away. I honestly have never seen my Dad dance, but at the wedding, he was busting a move. I received MANY compliments on the choice of music from my wedding guests and how appropriate the music was for all ages to dance and have fun. We also stayed dancing until the last song of the night! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/08/2011

kari · Married on 07/23/2011

Dan at MusicMasters in awesome!! Always responded quickly and always able to put my mind to rest. I was overly worried about the music since we had been to multiple weddings with horrible music or the bride had never met her DJ before or they weren't playing their requests. Dan always heard my concern and assured me there wasn't anything to worry about and he was right!!! Bob our DJ did a great job and played all of the requests. There were probably one or two songs that wasn't on the list and that was fine with me! He even asked if he could play requests guests had. We initially only used MusicMasters because our venue required they DJ if we wanted the DJ lofted. I'm so glad that we did and I would choose them a 1000 times over!

Sent on 08/08/2011

Allison · Married on 07/16/2011

Thank you Dan! Everyone had an absolute blast at the wedding. We were so pleased with the pace of the evening and the musical selections. You truly engaged ALL of our guests. You kept us informed of the evening's activities without overwhelming us. We are thrilled that we chose you for the wedding, and will highly recommend you to others.

Sent on 07/29/2011

Brooke · Married on 06/05/2011

Dan was AMAZING the night went perfect. No one left the dance floor. He was such a joy to work with, very professional and very sweet. I would suggest him for everyone's wedding. If you are looking to have a stress free reception , book MusicMasters you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/07/2011
  • Keith

Keith · Married on 04/30/2011

All of our guests have commented that they have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was packed ALL night like it was for our wedding. Dan had a great pulse on the crowd and made sure the party continued for the whole night. He did an amazing job for our introdutions and made sure the wedding flowed properly leaving us to just relax and dance the night away. We would recommend Dan to anyone.

Sent on 06/05/2011
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 04/16/2011

My husband and I were married in April. Dan Hawkins was our DJ. I knew I had to have him as our DJ after we attended a bridal show at Turf Valley that he was DJ-ing. And I am sooooo glad we did! Dan is AWESOME! While planning the wedding, we ran into some drama with our original wedding venue and needed to find a new one fast. So we contacted Dan to give us some suggestions. He asked what we were looking for and suggested some places for us to look into. He was always quick to email back and respond to any question we had along the way. Being new to the area, it felt nice to know I had a vendor I could trust and contact for assistance. Then at the wedding, he just blew us away with his talent. There wasn’t a single song that came on that people weren’t out on the dance floor. He kept the party going and everyone had a blast. Every song seemed well thought out and well placed. He took the time to think about where a song would be most appropriate and everything just flowed perfectly. Since the wedding, we have received so many compliments on how awesome our DJ was, how people never had to leave the dance floor for a “bad” song, and what a wild party it was. I could never thank Dan enough for how well everything went. I attribute the success of our reception party to him for keeping everything flowing and fun! We had a raining day and he appropriately played “Rain drops are falling on our heads” and every now and then I will catch myself singing it in my head and start thinking back on that amazing night. Dan, thank you so much for helping us pull off our dream wedding. Your talent as a DJ really showed through that night. We are forever grateful to your time and effort throughout our wedding planning process and on our Big Day! You’re the best!!! ☺

Sent on 11/16/2011

Jeanette · Married on 04/02/2011

Dan from Music Masters rocks!! His website is so easy to use and pay through. He called a week out to go over everything, and on the day, he did an amazing job keeping the reception going, managing the time and getting the guests pumped up. Definitely a great company to work with!!! Even my guests commented how great he was.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Jennifer · Married on 11/06/2010

MusicMasters was amazing before and during our special day. Dan and Sue were a joy to work with and so so helpful. Justin was amazing at listening to our needs and wants, and our music at our wedding was perfect! Our guests never stopped dancing the entire night!!! We would definitely recommend MusicMasters to anyone planning a wedding, party, or any other special event!!! Thanks again to Dan, Sue, and especially Justin!

Jennifer and Troy

Sent on 11/13/2010

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2010

We met Dan Hawkins by chance at a bridal show & decided that he was it. Dancing was the priority at our wedding & we wanted a Master of Ceremonies, not just a disc jockey. He was amazing from start to finish. Music Masters was flexible; my Sept. wedding was cancelled due to the venue with the new date only T.B.D. Music Masters made themselves available when I called just 4 weeks prior to my new November date! Dan fixed the mistakes my wedding coordinator made with the reception entrance. This is just one of many examples of his attention to detail. He was so great at feeling out my crowd that the dance floor was crowded the entire time! The rate is a little higher than that of other DJ's, but this is absolutely one case where you get what you paid for. I would not have had it any other way!

Sent on 11/20/2010

Renee · Married on 10/23/2010

Dan & Sue at MusicMasters are wonderful, and Jason Burns was a fabulous DJ! My husband and I had so many questions and changes along the way, and they worked through all of them.

On the day of the wedding, Jason made sure to ask about songs he wasn't sure that we wanted played, and I really appreciated that. He listened and really amped up our crowd. We were thrilled!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/23/2010

MusicMasters is great-extremely affordable and professional! We loved working with them. The music was great-our DJ kept the party going all night long!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Great DJ! Kept our guests on the floor dancing all night =)

Sent on 11/21/2011

Becky · Married on 10/10/2010

MusicMaster's was the DJ of choice recommended by Pier 5 Hotel. Because they were the vendor of choice they could plug right into the built-in system which worked very well. We were in the 2nd floor ballroom and the DJ had a special area that he could climb to too play the music and was hidden out of site. We provided the DJ with a laptop showing pictures of the bride and groom and family members during at the begging of the reception, which turned out really well. We worked with the DJ on their site on our playlist and all the music we asked to be played was played and the DJ also followed our entrance playlist which was great. They did a really great job and helped make our reception extra special. Highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/07/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2010

Dan was well worth the $! What a great DJ!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2010

We could not have wished for a better DJ then Dan! He was recommended by our venue, Towson Golf & Country Club and they were absolutely right! Dan met with my mother and I, she is not easy to please but was very impressed with Dan. We really liked how easy it was to go onto the website and select songs we would like played. Some of our friends and family members selected song as well.

We met with Dan again a few days before the wedding and he was very helpful with our last minute changes and making good suggestions for us. He made a great impression with my (now) husband, going over all the details from top to bottom and was a real pro.

My husband and I had been taking dance lessons and wanted our first dance to be Frank Sinatra’s The Way you look tonight. The only problem was we couldn’t keep up with the beat. Dan recommended two version of the song by other artists, but then he actually slowed the song down and emailed us an MP3 to practice to. It was absolutely perfect! When we dance our first dance, everyone was cheering and applauding. It was a lot of fun and we couldn’t have done it without Dan’s expertise!

Dan continued to go above and beyond what I expect most DJ’s would do. My husband had some custom music for the procession and was having a hard time getting it to Dan via email, the file was too large. Dan actually came to the Nail Salon the day before the wedding to pick up a USB drive. We were very impressed! Not only that, but the ceremony was perfect--the custom music my husband provided sounded great and it was timed perfectly.

We had our ceremony outdoors and everyone could clearly hear us and the minister. The timing of the music was perfect. Dan really kept the reception going strong the entire time. I think every since guest dance at some point, even my 88 year old grandmother! He really had a good mix of music for all the age groups and really kept the evening flowing.

The acoustics were great as well. My father is a musician and although most people wouldn’t notice, he did. The extra subwoofer was fantastic.

We would absolutely recommend Dan hands down to ANYONE getting married or having any event.

Sent on 10/24/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2010

My husband and I absolutely would recommend Music Masters-- our DJ was, hands down, one of the best parts of our wedding! We had an awesome experience from the time we first contacted Dan, and the high level of attentiveness and customer service continued throughout every step of the process. The website is so helpful, and super easy to navigate. We were matched up with our DJ, Jackie Olep a few weeks prior to our wedding, and she was incredible. It was a great match all around-- she has a laid back personality, but still has a strong, charismatic presence. Most importantly, she was still able to instill a structure to the evening that allowed everything to flow smoothly from ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception, which ended with everybody out on the dance floor having a blast (and we had a huge range of ages/personalities at our wedding!). We had a challenging request list since my husband is a musician and likes a lot of rare music. She didn't blink an eye as she helped us balance out our play lists to create a good vibe and appeal to a range of guests while remaining true to our taste. She really GOT us, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience all around.

Based on our experience, I would HIGHLY recommend this company-- you really won't be sorry! They definitely know what they're doing and you won't have to worry about a THING :)

Sent on 01/04/2011

Kathy · Married on 08/28/2010

Dan Hawkins of Music Masters did a phenomenal job at our daughter's wedding. The crowd was up and dancing the entire night. He kept the floor packed with his ability to read the crowd and keep them moving all night!!!! I would recommend his services if you are going to be using a D.J. for your event!!!

Sent on 08/31/2010