MusicMasters Reviews

MusicMasters 3
MusicMasters 4
MusicMasters 5

Sarah · Married on 07/25/2015

Dan and Sue were so nice and helpful throughout the entire process before the wedding. They weren't pushy and were extremely responsive. The price was a great value especially compared to the other djs in the area.

For our wedding, Jason was amazing! He was extremely flexible with some changes that we made last minute. He did a great job emceeing the wedding and playing a mix of our requests and other music. We had some extra things (like a kissing menu) that he really made sure happened and got our guests into. I honestly think that he was one of the biggest factors that made our wedding reception a huge success. I also appreciated the reminder from Sue to complete the online forms and the flexibility to keep them open longer if needed.

Sent on 08/03/2015

MusicMasters's reply:

Thank You Sarah! We're thrilled that you were happy with how everything turned out. DJ Jason reports that it truly was a fun wedding! Best to you and Peter in your newly married life together!

Liz · Married on 07/25/2015

I truly enjoyed working with MusicMasters for my wedding in July 2015. We had DJ Bob on the day of our event and he provided music for our cocktail hour and reception. We also worked with Sue throughout the process who was extremely helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend MusicMasters as a vendor!

Sent on 08/12/2015

MusicMasters's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're thrilled that you were happy with DJ Bob and the process leading up to your wedding! We wish you and Justin nothing but peace, happiness and great music as you start your married lives together!

Kaitlynn · Married on 06/20/2015

We booked Dan at Music Masters within days of him Djing at our best friends wedding last year and he was certainly worth every penny! We are so happy with everything that Dan did for our wedding! Dan is extremely professional, but not up-tight. He not only provided excellent music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception but was an awesome MC and helped to keep my fiance and I on track throughout the night. He really knows what he is doing and was a huge part of making our wedding day a success!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

Dan with Music Masters was amazing!!! All our guests kept raving about our DJ. We were initially worried because we had a lot of different music (i.e., Haitian and Brazilian music). We filled out his easy online music request form and he found the songs he didn't have within 24 hours, which was amazing because we had a lot of songs! The way he structured the music throughout the night was amazing! He really knew how to feel the crowd to make sure there were no breaks in the dancing. He is so talented! My groom and I love to dance, so DJ was very important to us! So glad we went with them and would recommend them to all of our friends!!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Ray was absolutely perfect and a pleasure to deal with; we could not have asked for a more perfect evening! Great communication from Music Masters and really useful website. Thanks!!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Linsey · Married on 05/23/2015

We could not have asked for a better experience having Dan and Musicmasters handle our wedding reception. Nearly a month after the event, we are still getting comments about how great the DJ, music and flow of the event was. Dan is the perfect combination of fun and energetic, yet formal and professional. He knows exactly what to do to get the best out of your facility and guests without being over the top or being a distraction.

We met with Dan in person during our initial meeting and about 2 weeks before our wedding. We talked about the vibe we wanted, the music we like, and what we expected out of our DJ's personality. After you book Musicmasters, you are given a log in to their website which allows you to search music, create playlists, plan the timeline of your event, among other features. They also have resources for caterers, planners and other things that proved to be helpful through our planning process. You rarely see features like this in such a well done format and we really appreciated how easy everything was for us, start to finish. This company knows what they are doing and were well worth every penny for helping to make our wedding as special as it could possibly be. We cant thank them enough for bringing everything together and creating the exact atmosphere we were looking for. Thanks Dan and Musicmasters!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/15/2015

MusicMasters was such a pleasure to work with! I was in contact with Dan throughout the planning process and he was so easy to work with and very flexible. Their website is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Dan was the DJ at our wedding and he did a phenomenal job!!! The floor was packed all night and he played all of our must play songs as well as some other great crowd-pleasers!

I would highly recommend MusicMasters! They were fantastic!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jackie · Married on 04/18/2015

We had Bob for our wedding in Baltimore and he did an absolutely amazing job! He had great dinner music while we were eating and going from table to table, but absolutely stepped it up as soon as it was time to start dancing! Music Masters made it SO easy to figure out the time line of events for our evening and even gave us really helpful advice when we weren't sure how to order some events. I would hands down recommend them for ANY wedding or event!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Laura · Married on 04/11/2015

MusicMasters is a professional, family owned business, and Dan and Sue (the owners) were great to work with throughout the planning process and worked with me to stay on budget as well as ensured we were good on our timeline. They were always incredibly responsive to all my questions. The planning portal they have was very useful to us. We were looking for a low-key DJ who was professional, and Jonathan did a great job at our event. He didn't say much, but he had a great sense of music to play to keep people dancing, and honored our guests requests, and overall kept the vibe classy. It was great when he stepped in with a great and meaningful music selection for the bride's processional (I was stuck deciding on a tune). I would recommend them for future events.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 03/28/2015

MusicMasters was so easy and great to work with! Besides doing an awesome job with the music, we also got a photobooth, which my guest LOVED! I had a nautical themed wedding and with just describing that, Dan created a great anchor motif at the bottom of the photo strips.

My husband and I decided to change our first dance very last minute (maybe 30 minutes before the first dance!)-- and it was no problem at all!

Dan did such a phenomenal job and we had no worries throughout the entire process! I would recommend MusicMasters to anyone. My husband said he wants to host another event just so he can have MusicMasters to DJ!

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 03/14/2015

The first time I spoke with Dan, it was early in the planning, and all I knew was that we were seeking class, professionalism, and music that would contribute to a festive celebration. Our conversation reassured me that I'd found it. Real life intervened and I wasn't able to devote much time to completing online forms/selections, and as a second marriage with a non-typical "framily tree," a lot of the usual moments wouldn't be relevant. As the style and vibe for our wedding emerged, I sent Dan and his team an email trying to communicate the overall feel we were going for (including some specific songs and artists, as well as a few things we didn't want included). Dan picked up perfectly on the tone, and as we chatted and discovered how similar our tastes were, Dan decided to "master" the event himself. My now-husband and I knew we were 100% in excellent hands, handled everything by phone and online, and by the time I was finally able to introduce myself after the ceremony, Dan felt like an old friend. Throughout the night, we touched base, he adjusted the playlist and did just enough to encourage people to get up and dance without being in any way over-the-top - and while I was a bit concerned that guests weren't hitting the dance floor as much as I'd expected, as the night drew to a close, everyone told me they were just completely entranced by the setting, wrapped up in enjoying the evening and each other, and that the music was wonderful, nostalgic, and the ideal soundtrack for a night of love and laughter...that is, Dan did an absolutely ideal job in giving us and the people who matter most an absolutely perfect celebration. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Michele · Married on 01/05/2015

Had a great time at our wedding. We were able to spend a lot of time on the dance floor with our guests who had a great time as well!!! Dan kept the crowd on the dance floor most of the night once all the important things were over like the dinner, cake cutting and apron dance. He played a variety of music and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Gary · Married on 11/15/2014

Our deejay, Joe DeSantes, was awesome. He was very responsive to our requests and checked with us at different intervals throughout the reception to ensure that tyhings were moving forward to our satisfaction.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Alexis · Married on 11/01/2014

Music Masters was a great company to work with! Dan and Sue (the owners) were very prompt and informative with the emails I sent them leading up to the wedding. The on-line portal to choose songs/artists was SO helpful and SO easy. We had DJ Pouya who was wonderful to work with. We talked a couple of days before the wedding and I had some specific requests for the ceremony and reception music and all went as planned. He brought the right amount of energy without being "overly involved". He played all the great tunes and people were dancing non stop!!! He kept us in line with our timeline and made sure everything went smoothly.
    Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Brenda · Married on 10/11/2014

Service was above and beyond what was expected. When obstacles arose, Dan Hawkins was on top of resolutions with great ideas of how to ensure great lighting and music for the wedding reception. Our guests said it was the best party ever and that was thanks to Justin our DJ from Music masters. He kept the party alive and going with great music and emceeing.

Thanks for helping make it the BEST party ever in our guests eyes.

The Bloom-Sheavly Wedding

Sent on 10/14/2014

Aphy · Married on 10/11/2014

My daughter's wedding was 10/11/14 and have to say kudos to Dan Hawkins! He did a superb job in every aspect of the wedding. His professionalism stood out as he helped our whole party along when ever it was time to announce the wedding party, cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet...etc. But best of all, we all danced the night away! He knew when to participate and knew when the music was getting everyone off of their chairs! A wonderful time was had by all! I would highly recommend Dan for all of your DJ needs...he was fantastic! Thank you!

Aphy & Art Liebno

Sent on 10/16/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2014

I recently used MusicMasters as my DJ for my ceremony and my reception music. They sent me a packet of all the paperwork and most popular songs and recommendations. They gave me a username and password to their site to request songs to play, create a wedding timeline, and provide them with all the information of the other vendors and names of the wedding party. A week before the wedding I got a call from Sue Hawkins letting me know who my DJ was and to make sure I provided them with all the details they needed to help my wedding run as smooth as possible. Ray Bachman was my DJ, he too called a week before the wedding to make sure he pronounced the names correctly and to clarify a few details. I kept the ceremony music simple, I only played one entire song and it was beautiful. I let him have full range on what to play for our entrance and he picked well. He made the introductions of my parents, my husbands' parents, the wedding party and us. It was fun and lively which is what I asked for. He played all the songs I requested and made sure to tell us and our parents when it came to the special dances. The music was diverse and kept the party going. I have many great shots of me and the guests dancing and having a good time.

Sent on 10/30/2014

MusicMasters was the contracted DJ through our venue...I was a bit nervous, but decided to go with it as I wanted a vendor that was familiar with the venue (we had our ceremony and reception at the same location). The online portal was a great resource through the planning process and was easy to use. DJ Dan was on point through the ceremony and reception. He started things going, kept them moving, and assured that we were on time while keeping everyone on the dance floor (and taking care of all of our requests flawlessly)!

Sent on 09/06/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/31/2014

I had the honor of actually getting Dan, the owner, for my wedding. He was so great! We talked through email and on the phone, multiple times, so that he could really get a feel for what we were going for. I said I want the ceiling to look like the night sky- so he gave me a blue ceiling with stars, it was beautiful! He also edited a version of our processional song, to make the intro a bit longer, then when I decided I didn't want it anymore, he had no problem with my changes. During the wedding, the music was awesome! Unfortunately, most of my guests weren't dancing. He even asked me if there was anything he could do, any changes in music but it was just my guests- guess they were not much for dancing. However, those who did dance, including myself, had a blast. When he announced the wedding party and me and my new husband, he was so fun, yet professional. I would definitely recommend Music Masters to anyone who wants a very fun yet very professional DJ. I have no regrets, at all! They really made our special moments, even better! :)

Sent on 09/04/2014

Musicmasters was great to work with for our wedding. During the planning process, they were very quick in responding to emails and questions. They kept in touch with us as our wedding got closer. The company and our DJ contacted us the week before the wedding to make sure we didn't have questions and to confirm the details we wanted. Bob our DJ played our requested music, and filled in the rest with just the kind of music we wanted. We even had people dancing in between meal courses.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

We LOVED MusicMasters!! From the beginning, Dan was so responsive and easy to work with. Their website is organized and easy to use, and really helped to keep us on track. Throughout the whole planning process, Dan was always quick to respond to any questions I had, and able to help me with customizing our DJ package (added uplighting and custom gobo, both of which were beautiful). I felt so stress-free working with MusicMasters, because they were always in contact with me, and always so friendly and responsive about everything.
    The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. We were lucky enough to have Dan as our DJ-- that was the best choice yet. I truly think that the music was one of the best parts of our wedding. Dan did the ceremony music, which sounded great at our outside ceremony, and used a microphone so that everything was heard. During the reception Dan was SO helpful, he kept us on track the entire night. He made sure that we followed our timeline and that everything was running smoothly according to time, and making sure that we were having a good time.
    The music that was played was fantastic!! We NEVER left the dance floor. Our guests were having the best time and danced the entire night. The music that Dan chose to play was perfect to get all of our guests engaged and dancing and just having a ball! We had so much fun on the dance floor and just never wanted the night to end. All of my guests LOVED Dan and the music, and we got so many compliments about the music and fun everyone had. One of my bridesmaids loved the music so much, she decided to book MusicMasters as her DJ for her wedding next June too!
    We can not thank DJ Dan and Music Masters enough, for making our wedding day just so incredibly fun, memorable, and perfect. Thank you DJ Dan!
    -Amanda and Brandon

Sent on 07/09/2014

Michele · Married on 06/07/2014

We loved MusicMasters! Everything was so well organized from the beginning. Pouya was our DJ and he did a great job. He was very responsive to our request of mixing American and Arabic music. Everything was perfect! Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Katie · Married on 05/11/2014

Our wedding was 5/11/02, but this would only go back as far as '04. Music Masters (Dan Hawkins), could not have been better! He played awesome music that was requested, and some that wasn't. He's so easy to deal with and professional. Since then, I have also seen him at events in my area, and he never disappoints! We love you DJ Dan!

Love,
    Katie & Dan Creech

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 05/10/2014

DJ Dan was the perfect emcee and kept our guests dancing all night! We had a perfect reception and are grateful for everything MusicMasters did.

Sent on 11/28/2014

Our contract with our venue, the Pier 5 Hotel, included the DJ services with Music Masters. We talked to Dan Hawkins, the owner, and immediately knew we were in good hands. Dan was helpful in providing advice and tips about the wedding planning process, above and beyond the entertainment. He referred us to Fleur de Lis who did do our flowers. (See my separate rave review of FDL on this website. Separate rave review of the Pier 5 forthcoming.)

Music Masters website has lots of tools and resources for wedding planning, although we unfortunately did not take full advantage of. We did find the "day of" timeline tool very helpful in ensuring we did not overlook anything.

I was a little concerned that we were not assigned our DJ until a few days before the wedding. However, once Justin Keys called us, we felt confident in his experience and ability to give us a fun reception. Justin was terrific! Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the music. He played a wide selection that appealed to all ages. He got everyone on the dance floor, even friends who said they had not planned to dance. He also managed to play all of our requests.

We highly recommend Dan and Sue and Music Masters for their overall knowledge and experience with weddings. We also highly recommend our DJ Justin for knowing how to read a crowd and provide a fun experience for everyone.

Sent on 01/02/2014