MUSICIANS SERVICES Reviews

41 | New York, NY

41 Reviews for MUSICIANS SERVICES

Our wedding planner found Chris to play at our wedding in Central Park and we were pleased that he had both classical and modern songs available to choose from. Several people commented on how good the music was and I was happy that we decided to include it in our wedding even though we were on a budget. It was definitely money well spent and I would recommend him to anyone!

Chris William's Musician Services added an element to our wedding ceremony that could not have been replicated by any other means. The live classical music filled our church beautifully and created a romantic and exciting ambiance: the familiar bridal chorus made me nervous and excited as I was cued to walk down the aisle with my dad and the exciting classical rendition of viva la vida got us so giddy and relieved as we walked down the aisle as a mr. & mrs. --sounds that will forever be etched in our memories. My fiance threw him a curve-ball last minute and requested a Star Wars processional for his solo walk -which they handled so easily and sounded soft/classical blending with our other song choices
    He was always kind /helpful and communicated quickly via emails and everything worked out effortlessly. Chris never once pushed extra costs on us and instead told us 2 musicians would suffice in our church (we requested a trio) and advised us that dj cocktail hour music vs. their live music would work better for our reception venue.
    Chris and his talented musicians can: do any song request beautifully, advise on beautiful song choices, communicate quickly w/u during your wedding planning process, arrive on time and play each song so that it sounds gorgeous and very audible. Highly recommend live classical music and Chris!!!

• vicnkt

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

Chris and his musicians were just phenomenal. My father has been a professional musician for over 30 years (including the wedding industry) and he commented that they sounded amazing. (I've been to weddings where the live music is a little wonky; this is certainly not the case!)

I loved working with Chris; he made everything very effortless and stress-free. He answered my EVERY email and was so nice in assuring me that I was not an annoying bride-zilla. (I hope it's true!) When we were stumped with a processional song, he was happy to offer several suggestions (which we ended up going with.)

He did a great job of making sure we were coordinated in terms of timing and set-up. I also feel the experience and quality of musicians he brought is unrivaled in New York. And, the pricing is extremely competitive for Manhattan.

In the end, I think the string trio was a beautiful touch to our wedding day. And, the trio looks great in photos; very professional! I am so happy to have worked with Chris and Musician's Services. I would love to use them again and I recommend them to any one looking for string musicians.

Anna · Married on 08/02/2014

I used Musicians Services for my string trio for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on Aug. 2, 2014. They were extremely professional and did a beautiful job with the music. Chris was very responsive to all of my questions along the way and was great with helping suggest songs for the ceremony. I could not be happier with how everything turned out, the music was beautiful and price was affordable for my budget. I would highly recommend musicians services to anyone.

beth · Married on 12/21/2013

I think the best way to say it is that I loved Musician Services! From the first contact to the wedding day Chris was amazing, professional, helpful and thoughtful. When I first contacted Chris we had a great conversation about how many musicians he thought would be appropriate for my wedding (about 60 people). He gave me great, honest advice and in the end I booked a trio. We worked together to create a list of current music that would sound great on the violins and cello and also set up a unique wedding march. He was super helpful, quick to respond, open to any suggestion and creative in what could be done. The wedding day was spectacular! The musicians arrived early and were dressed professionally. The music was beautiful, exactly what we had talked about and sounded great. I would absolutely book them again.

Katie · Married on 10/19/2013

Chris Williams and Musicians Services nailed our wedding music! When we started our initial planning for our outdoor ceremony in Prospect Park, we were unsure of how many musicians to use, what kind of music we wanted, or anything, really. Chris was extremely patient throughout our decision-making process, which extended over many weeks, and was able to give us guidance without ever being pushy. We finally decided that we wanted to have more personalized music that had more special meaning to us and our history together. Chris helped us decide to use two musicians, himself, as violist, and an acoustic guitar, a combination we'd never even considered before. We decided on a relatively obscure band and song that we love [The Divine Comedy "Tonight We Fly (acoustic)"] to play while we walked down the aisle together. We'd envisioned the moment over many months, but we were overcome with emotion when we heard Chris's music. Chris and his guitarist played it even better than we thought possible, and their music is forever etched in our memories. Our recessional song, which was a play on the pronunciation of our last name (David Bowie "Kooks") was also a little on the obscure side, but they played it with utmost perfection as well. Our families walked in to Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love," and we gave Chris a list of other songs to play for when our guests arrived, and we received so many compliments on all of their music. We were thrilled and touched that our music was able to be so personal to us and not something just picked from a catalog. Chris is so talented, and was such a treat to work with. He responded to emails promptly, and he made the entire process of picking out our wedding songs not just painless, but fun, too. Can't recommend him and his company enough.

Nina · Married on 09/30/2013

I always dreamed of a string quartet for my wedding, and I was so pleased with the gorgeous music Chris and his musicians provided. They were very punctual, kind and totally professional. I would be very confident to recommend this service to anyone!

Ellie · Married on 09/15/2013

Chris did a marvellous job serenading our wedding in Central Park. He was a delight to work with, responsive, helpful and full of suggestions. I knew that we'd be in safe hands with him as he had previously done other weddings in the same spot and knew exactly what to do. I left it up to him to choose the music for all parts of the ceremony, and we were delighted with the outcome. It really helped set the scene and turn an informal ceremony into something special. I'd definitely work with Chris again, and also recommend him to others.

Doris · Married on 08/09/2013

Chris was one of my favorite vendors to work with. He was so kind and helpful during the whole music selection process. He helped us coordinate a unique program for our music and it was wonderful. The other musicians were very professional as well. I absolutely would recommend this service to any other bride!

Christine · Married on 08/03/2013

Chris and another violinist played for our wedding and it was beautiful. He was really organized in helping us pick music and was always quick to communicate. He and the other violinist arrived early and did a fantastic job. Thanks Chris!

Christa · Married on 07/20/2013

Wonderful musicians and Chris was so easy to work with! Thanks for adding such a great ambiance to our wedding!

Chris was so professional and was there to help us the whole way. He and the other musicians played beautifully. Highly recommended!

Roger · Married on 06/22/2013

The music at our wedding was fantastic! I found Chris online, and after reading the reviews we knew he was the right vendor for our music. He helped us create a special program that he had never done for a bride and groom before, so it made us feel unique! The musicians were all kind and professional, and overall a great experience. Thanks!

Carly · Married on 06/08/2013

Chris did an amazing job, I booked him like a month before and luckily he was available for our ceremony, he was able to play a special request we had, and it was great that he provided a sheet of suggestions and popular ceremony songs that we could choose from, it was great.

Samuel · Married on 05/26/2013

What can I say? Chris and his players perform wonderfully! They made our day incredibly special. We will never forget it. Thanks again, Chris.

Ann · Married on 05/10/2013

Chris was my favorite vendor to work with! I contacted him only 3 weeks before my wedding and he was able to accommodate beautifully in such a short time! We were glad to have him as a part of our day and I would definitely refer him to anyone for live music.

• I

isis · Married on 03/30/2013

Chris was fantastic! My wedding was held in Lamu, a small remote island off the coast of Kenya during the hottest time of the year. Chris performed solo more than an hour on a beach in the sweltering heat! He helped me think through which music would be most suitable and it all really complimented the mood and setting. He's very experienced and can cater to a wide range of audiences and tastes.

Louise · Married on 11/09/2012

Chris played for us at our Central Park wedding on 9th November 2012. We had many concerns that the wedding wouldn't go ahead due to the after affects of Sandy. But we had a glorious sunny day and it was perfect in every way.
    The only downside was that I didn't actually get to meet Chris because I was too busy getting married and having photos!
    Superb day
    Many thanks
    Mr and Mrs Payne.

• Victoria Tychan

Victoria · Married on 09/16/2012

Very professional. Recommended!

Milena · Married on 09/08/2012

Chris was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was very accommodating and responsive leading up to the wedding, answering my many questions and working within the parameters the church gave us for music (Catholic ceremony). On the big day, the music was absolutely beautiful and we got so many compliments on the ceremony music. Chris and his team also worked together seamlessly with the church music director and organist for just a flawless ceremony. I would highly recommend him to any bride, couple or anyone planning an event and looking for beautiful music, an accommodating and helpful vendor and good value.

Chris did an incredible job performing at our wedding and was one of the few pleasures to work with while planning our big day!

I highly recommend using him for any event that you might need a musician for.

• User2068411 · 2+ years ago

We strongly recommend Musicians Services by Chris Williams! We are a couple from Europe who got married in Central Park/ NY. Chris had been very professional during the entire process of arranging the ceremony music, we just alwasy had a good feeling that everything would be great. It was! Edwin, the musician playing for us on our special day was palying FANTASTIC, very kind and professional. We strongly would recommend everybody in search for ceremony music to contact Chris!!!

Monia & Nick

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 02/18/2012

Chris was very professional and not only did he play beautifully, but he chose other musicians that were also very professional and magnificent! He was responsive to my requests on which pieces I wanted to have played and he remained very flexible and provided some great advice on how to choose proper pieces for a proper length of time in various segments of the service, which I found particularly helpful! I would absolutely recommend Chris for any event!!! Thanks Chris!

John · Married on 11/03/2011

We came from Europe to New York for our wedding and hired a duet of musicians from Chris Williams for the event. We found Chris personally to be extremely helpful, accommodating and communicative which was very helpful while trying to organize our wedding from such a distance. The musicians provided on the day were also excellent. They arrived well before the ceremony, dressed suitably in black and performed excellently. They continued to our reception later that day. Again, they arrived in plenty of time and were completely professional throughout. The standard of playing was very high and we really enjoyed listening to them. We have no hesitation in recommending Chris Williams musician services to other couples.

Carlos · Married on 10/15/2011

I hired Chris for my wedding in Central Park. He entertained my guests before and after my ceremony. He did an amazing job. He was great to work with. I would highly recommend him to any of my family/friends that are looking for a professional musician.