246 Reviews for Musical DJs & Event Lighting

Consultation (27)
Uplighting (23)
Liability Insurance (9)
Bilingual MC (7)

Amazing. I was a bit crazy my last week before my wedding. By hey emailed me and when communication did not reach our D.J.- who was amazing- I believe John, he simply asked before the wedding. He took requests and was very flexible when my new husband wanted to "throw down a few spins.". Made the night enjoyable and kept the party going. Amazing job. Kept my guests guessing what would be played next. One of my favorite part of the service was playing Fresh Beat Band for my son to get into the party too.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/31/20, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

These DJs know exactly what they're doing, down to the beats per minute! They were very knowledgeable, accessible, and professional right from the start. DJ Jeremy James played the songs I requested at the right times for ceremony and reception and made them flow so smoothly and effortlessly. He was also great at making announcements and being flexible with the timing of things during the actual wedding (because some things take longer than you think they will!). I highly recommend this DJ service - very friendly and kind people to work with!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

John- Marc recently DJ our neighborhood 4th of July party and from the moment he showed up, he was amazing!
He was on time, professional and was so patient with the kids! John- Marc not only played every single son on our song list but he gave a welcome opener and a closer! The best part is, he asked our party guests for any additional requests, who does that? I am so happy we chose Musical DJs &Event Lighting, we will use them again given the opportunity. John-Marc is very talented and has a bright future ahead of himself! Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarahbeth, 7/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeremy could not have a been a better match for our wedding. I am particularly picky with my music and he couldn't have chosen any better songs. His professionalism, knowledge, and ability to keep the crowd going was top notch. I would reccomend him for anyone without hesitation. He took our reception to a level so high that people were talking about the music days after !

Profile Picture Josh, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very detailed oriented, had great suggestions as well when we did not have any ideas. Kept the guests engaged and entertained. Great music and overall showmanship. I would highly recommend Freddie to my close friends and family-- he is that good and does not disappoint!

Profile Picture monica, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dan and the Musical DJs team put on an excellent and very professional effort in support of our wedding in June of 2018. Their detail oriented and personable approach to helping us leading up to our big day was invaluable. When a scheduling conflict arose with our planned DJ a few months out, Dan himself stepped in and DJ’d our event. Some of the ways Dan and his team helped plan our event included numerous planning calls to cover details, utilizing their user friendly planning portal, and direct coordination with our wedding planner in the final week of preparations.

Equally as important, Dan and his team handled everything the day off from the DJ’s perspective including use of wireless LED lights for our up lights, changing the colors throughout the night wirelessly. Dan also interacted with the catering staff and the photographers to make sure all were in sync. This was in addition to playing the songs we requested and keeping the dance floor energy up. For anyone considering Musical DJ’s for their event, I cannot recommend them highly enough.

-Sean

Profile Picture Sean, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Jeremy James was great! He was responsive, easy to work with, and very personable. He listened to our song requests and helped us finalize our timeline. I highly recommend him and Musical DJs and Event lighting!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/8/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Musical Djs was able to provide great DJ service as well as live musicians for my ceremony and cocktail hour. They follow the schedule set forth with your DJ PRECISELY. They are all very professional and personable. DJ Jeremy kept the dance floor full despite it being 90 degrees!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/19/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Words can't even begin to describe how phenomenal DJ Freddie B was for our wedding on May 12th. The initial contracting couldn't have been made any easier by Dan, with Musical DJ's, and you are guaranteed the specific DJ that you requested from day one! I was personally referred to Freddie from a friend who used him years prior for her wedding, with raving reviews, and he didn't just live up to the reviews, he blew it out of the water!! He was so accommodating during the entire process, I had many different questions and concerns along the way, but he was always right there for myself and my husband, and he was always available!
I was a little concerned at the age difference of my crowds at the wedding, but he kept the dance floor packed all night long! He made the best selections for guests of all ages, we are still getting compliments on Freddie and we are over 2 weeks out!
They say that your DJ really runs the event for you, and he didn't miss a beat, from the ceremony/cocktail hour to last dance and the grand exit, he is truly THE best! I highly recommend Freddie and Musical DJ's for any events that you may need.
I hope to see you again in the future, thank you again, Musical DJ's and Freddie B for making our night one that we will never forget!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had the pleasure of having Musical DJs entertain our guests for our wedding! We were fortunate enough to have BOTH Dan LaMaestra and DJ Freddie B at our wedding.

Dan is a great pianist who entertained our guests during cocktail hour and dinner, while DJ Freddie B amped up the crowd and took care of both the ceremony and reception music.

Dan was our first point of contact and he was awesome with his communication throughout the entire process. He was great coordinating all of our wedding needs and even gave us some discounts to help us with our wedding budget. Towards the end of our wedding, we even found out that Dan had thrown in some extra lights for us that put a great design on the ceiling of our ballroom.

DJ Freddie B has got to be the BEST DJ in the world. He is right there with you from the planning process, to the actual ceremony, all the way to the end of your "best day ever". Freddie is not only a great DJ, but he is also an awesome person with a big heart. He went above and beyond for us on our special day, from being flexible with equipment setup during location changes due to the weather, to getting to know all of our family (yes, even our non-english speaking family members had fun talking with him), and he even gave our Maid of Honor a pep talk to help her get over her jitters before her speech! Freddie did an amazing job helping MC every single detail that we needed done to ensure we had a smooth wedding. Please take our word when we say that you cannot go wrong by booking DJ Freddie B. He takes his work seriously, and he makes it his mission to make sure that your day is the best he can make it.

Freddie! We are so honored that you were our DJ, we hope to work with you again in the future!

Profile Picture Karlo, 5/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Freddie was amazing! From the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception best wedding ever. From the moment the wedding party was introduced the dance floor was packed. He provided a fantastic mix of music to keep all generations on the dance floor. We did a mother daughter/dance and Freddie suggested starting with a slow song moving into an upbeat song to set the tone of the party! Everyone is still saying what a fun wedding it was! Can’t go wrong with Freddie!

Profile Picture Marie, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I originally spoke with Dan, who made The contracting phase easy! We met Freddie prior to signing the contract as it was important to us to know who our DJ was going to be prior. Freddie is frankly a rockstar! He listened to what we wanted, and had extremely helpful suggestions throughout the process. All of his suggestions were ones that brought value and fun to our event. He was mindful of our guests - ages, cultures and our personal preferences. We met serval times prior to the event, so there was no confusion the day of. Freddie a smooth and tight ship the day of. He kept us on time and didn’t miss a beat. It was fantastic to be able to be a guest at my own wedding reception!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Musical DJs and Event Lighting is not just a DJ/lighting company; they pride themselves on being part of your day-of coordination team. They will not bring a problem to you without several possible solutions. They are fiercely passionate about what they do and will do everything they can to make your day exactly what you want. In the months and weeks leading up to the wedding Dan was very responsive to all of my questions and concerns. I felt very comfortable discussing the different services his company offered without feeling like he was ever trying to up-sell me. As the wedding approached, we felt confident that we were getting exactly what we wanted for a price that fit within our budget. Our DJ, Freddie, came highly recommended from both Dan and our venue (Piedmont Club). Freddie was passionate, friendly, and upbeat. We gave him some general guidelines for what we wanted and he absolutely rocked it; he played just the right variety to keep everyone on the dance floor through the end of the night. I could not be more pleased with Dan and Freddie!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I got married to my best friend in September 2017 and we hired DJ Freddie B as our wedding DJ. Both my wife and I feel that the DJ for a wedding really sets the tone and can easily “make or break” the wedding experience. Well, DJ Freddie B definitely delivered exceptional service and exceeded our expectations for our wedding. From day one, we saw how engaged and passionate Freddie was about his job and it was amazing to have such passion on our wedding team. Freddie helped us greatly with our wedding timeline and made sure we accounted for everything. I can honestly say that, without the help and guidance from Freddie, we wouldn't have been as well prepared for our big day. We both feel that the wedding would have not been as fun and joyous as it was without DJ Freddie B’s services and commitment to making sure we had the best experience! We are forever grateful to Freddie for providing such excellent service for our big day and making it a night to remember. Would we hire him again or recommend him? Absolutely, without hesitation!!! If you are looking for a DJ who is passionate about his art and delivers exceptional service, Freddie is your guy!

Profile Picture Michael, 12/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dan DJ'ed our wedding recently and did an incredible job. He is very good at what he does and his professionalism shows. He works for the Navy band and is used to working formal events that allow zero margin for error. DJ Dan helped us perfect our reception timeline and easily accommodated the unique requests we had. He picked great songs through the night and all the guests were raving about how much fun the music and dancing was! Super good value wedding DJ in this area esp with military discount that he graciously provides.

Profile Picture Charles, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Freddie was our DJ from Musical DJs. He was a rock star! The dance floor was always packed and he kept the party going! We met 3 times prior to the wedding, and he was always friendly and professional. Freddie and the whole staff of Musical DJs are awesome! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Trish, 11/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

DJ Freddie B. is incredible! If we could give 10 stars we would! His energy and attitude are top notch. He was the epitome of professionalism. Most importantly, he looked out for us on our big day. He worked so hard both before and on our wedding day to make sure everything was perfect. And it was.

I would recommend this man to anyone for any event they might throw. He was simply the best.

Profile Picture Kevin, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing Musical DJs was during the planning stages. Dan was so prompt in the initial contracting stages, and extremely patient and more than happy to type of the 4 different quotes we had asked for. We knew we wanted Freddie B to be the DJ day of, and Dan made sure that happened! Freddie B was beyond amazing before and the day of!!! He understood our crazy schedule with work, a toddler, a dog, and life, and was so accommodating to planning around our schedule. He took the time to ask questions if he had any, made suggestions, answered questions we had, and day of was right on cue with the coordinator to keep the flow of things going. We had a wide variety of ages (1.5 years old to 84 years old) with different music likes attending, and my biggest concern was making sure everyone had fun and heard something that would get them on the dance floor. Not even sure why I was concerned, because Freddie B handled EVERYTHING!!! We saw all of our guests on the dance floor at some point in the evening, even if it was just for one song! During our last meeting, we told Freddie we wanted a specific song(not a well known song & older) played because my mom loved it so much. He said he would take care of it, but went above and beyond the day of. He actually dedicated the song to her, and the look on my mom's face as she ran to the dance floor was priceless. Freddie B loves what he does, and is so good at it, and it truly shows!!! He made our reception and I would not recommend ANYONE else to handle your wedding!! You will not be disappointed. Thank you Freddie, and Musical DJs, for one of the best nights of our lives!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan is the BEST!! He was communicative in the planning process, making sure we had everything we needed. The day of the wedding, he made everything run so smoothly. Dan really was incredible - we had an awesome time and our guests didn't leave the dance floor all night - it was everything we had hoped for.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/8/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

DJ Freddie B is awesome! We highly recommend him!!! Freddie went above and beyond for us on our wedding day and truly made our day magical. He answered all the questions we had and was extremely patient with us! During our wedding he was flexible with our timeline and was able to let people jump in to do unplanned toasts and kept everything organized. In summary, just book DJ Freddie B already!!!

Profile Picture Rachael , 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This was the most important part of our wedding and we knocked it out of the park! Freddie B is the best DJ I ever have experienced in all of the weddings I have been to! Not only was the music and his energy fantastic, but his coordination for the wedding was invaluable! He was the Wedding! People never left, and said it was the funnest and best wedding they have ever been to! Thank you Freddie B!

Profile Picture Victor, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Freddie Borras is absolutely amazing!! He came highly recommended from a friend that recently got married and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Freddie as our DJ!! He has such a fun and outgoing personality and you can really tell he LOVES what he does!! From the first time we met him, we knew he was going to be awesome and we knew we had nothing to worry about on our wedding day!! Everything went so perfectly from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to our reception!! He even had awesome suggestions for ceremony music that I would have never even known if it wasn't for him! During our reception, he nailed it! Everyone had a blast and everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night! He really knows how to read a crowd!!!! I even loved that he would run out on the dance floor and dance with us too! That shows how much fun he is!! The entire reception flowed smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!! I would 1000% recommend him to anyone and everyone that is looking for a DJ!! You will not regret it, I promise!!!

Profile Picture kara, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

When my wife assigned me the task of booking our wedding DJ, I honestly didn't know where to start. There were several that had good ratings along with websites that promised amazing events, but I feel like I lucked out in finding Dan Lamaestra and his company, Musical DJs & Event Lighting.
My experience with "DJs" prior to my wedding was one of my fraternity brothers changing the songs for our college parties. I never understood that a real wedding DJ involves so much more than that. Dan spent the time to get to know what my wife and I envisioned for our wedding and walked us through how he would make that happen. He took the time to understand the entire timeline of our wedding, the type of crowd he would be playing music for, and the vibe we wanted to capture throughout.
Dan is an actual musician and lover of music, and he hires staff that share this feeling. While he has a stable of proven DJs that represent his company, he elected to DJ our event himself. We also wanted live music for our ceremony, and Dan played piano along with a cellist. He even learned two new songs the week of the wedding at our request for the processional and recessional.
Overall, our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be, and it couldn't have happened without the music being so perfect. From the beautiful ceremony music to the ideal mix of dance hits and rock classics that were pumped onto the dance floor, Dan set the mood for a day we will never forget. He was even able to satisfy my parents, their friends, and older relatives by mixing in some classics. I've already had several of my friends and family contact me to tell me how great the music was and how they didn't want to leave the dance floor the whole night.
I can honestly say that Dan and his company made us feel like he really cared about our wedding. It didn't feel like working with a service provider or vendor, but rather a trusted advisor. I wholeheartedly recommend Musical DJs & Event Lighting for your event.

Profile Picture Dan, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Jeremy did a great job at our wedding! We met him a month or so beforehand to have a site walk through and discuss the timeline and our requests. We gave him a huge list of songs but asked him to use his best judgement to keep the party going, and he did just that. Everyone had so much fun that they chanted “one more song!” at the end - and he obliged! Both Jeremy and the owner of the company are very professional and great at what they do. We were able to enter our songs, timeline, and bridal party details on the website, which was very convenient. We definitely recommend hiring these guys for your wedding!

Profile Picture Luci, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews