Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths Reviews

125 | Grand Ledge, MI

125 Reviews for Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths

Kelsey · Married on 06/28/2014

Excellent experience all the way around! From the time of booking Steve was very responsive and made sure all of the arrangements were taken care of. The music selection was awesome- our guests couldn't leave the dance floor. I would recommend them to anyone looking for DJ services.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Rachelle · Married on 06/21/2014

We hired Music Unlimited for our wedding last month and couldn't have asked for better service. We used them for both DJ and Photo booth services, and both were excellent. Steve was our DJ and he was AMAZING! He kept the party going all night long! Not only was he an excellent DJ, but he was so professional and friendly. His communication was excellent. The photo booth was tons of fun and the attendant was a blast! Before going in he helped everyone with props and get positioned and ready to go. If you need a DJ or photo booth, call Music Unlimited!!! You will not regret it! Wonderful company-professional, friendly, reasonable prices, and amazing at what they do :)

Sent on 07/03/2014

Andy · Married on 06/21/2014

We had a great experience with Music Unlimited. Steve talked with us through the planning process and offered advice at the right times to help us get a good flow to the entire wedding. Steve's daughter was our DJ during the ceremony and reception- she was on mark with the music, and did a good job with announcements, and I would be happy to have her for another event. We also used the Photobooth services, and used it as our guestbook. We asked everyone to take a photo and sign the photo book for a fun twist. The photo book was supplied and was nice with black pages and nice silver and gold markers. A couple of other nice bonus include a disc following the wedding mailed to you with all of the photos taken that night (in the book or not), and our names actually being listed at the bottom of the photo strips. Prior to the wedding we used the template on his website to help plan the music and order of events. We found it useful to fill out as much as you can for the songs that you want, and print it off so you can finish it up at any time and just add back into the website (because it does not create a profile and save your choices once you leave page). Overall it was a great experience, and I would recommend the services.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Sara · Married on 05/24/2014

We had a lot of fun! The DJ was awesome. She did an amazing job and even got out on the dance floor and danced! The photobooth was a complete hit with our guests and i loved reading all the comments. The guy running it was fun and nice. He did an amazing job. They did an amazing job and the cost was not to bad

Sent on 06/07/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with Steve for our wedding. After our planning meeting to discuss what we wanted, I felt the burden lifted of no longer having to worry about anything at the reception. He has ample experience to give you lots of options and put you at ease with how he will orchestrate the activities as you wish, and provide the right mix of music to meet your needs. We got a lot of good dancing going with his music expertise! Highly recommend! :)

Sent on 12/30/2013

Margaux · Married on 11/23/2013

Steve Thelen with Music Unlimited was absolutely wonderful! He was a professional from the very first email until the very end. He always responded quickly and was extremely helpful. I received so many compliments on the music, he and his assistant kept the party going all night! He checked in with us several times throughout the night to make sure everything was to our liking and accommodated our requests. The up lighting he provided really topped off the look of our venue. The photo booth attendant was so nice and put together a beautiful book of all the pictures. We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Katite · Married on 11/09/2013

Steve Thelen is the BEST! Music Unlimited provided the most important service at our wedding reception and that was keeping the party going! If you want to dance all night like I did this is the DJ to hire! They are very accomidating with music suggestions and keep the flow of the night on track. Thank you to Music Unlimited for making our night unforgettable! The photo booth was amazing too!
    Cheers! Katie and Craig Brunet

Sent on 11/13/2013

Alex · Married on 10/26/2013

We had Steve for our wedding reception and could not have been more pleased with his performance. Their website spelled out the night making it easy and worry-free to pick songs. Steve not only played the songs we specified, but picked up on the feel we were going for as the night went along and hit the songs right on the head. Going around talking to tables we had a lot of people emphatically say how they’ve enjoyed the music. The dance floor was packed all night. Steve checked in with me a few times during the night just to make sure everything was going well, which I appreciated. With all the things to worry about on that day, music was never one of them – it was clear music was in very capable hands.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Chelsea · Married on 10/19/2013

You'd be crazy not to go with Music Unlimited! We had Steve as out DJ and he was absolutely WONDERFUL and everyone had an AMAZING time! He was so understanding and easy to work with. We spoke a few times on the phone right before the wedding and he told me that if there was one thing I didn't need to worry about on my wedding day, it was the music because he had it totally under control and wanted us to have a memorable day, he did and we did. He had never worked our venue before and because the ceremony was outside and reception inside it was a little tricky, but he pulled it off without a hitch! He played the right music to fit the crowd without me telling him. He made excellent choices. And for the price, you won't find anyone better! I couldn't be happier that we went with Steve.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Trisha · Married on 10/06/2013

We had a packed dance floor the whole night at our wedding because of these guys! I had so many guests tell me that our wedding was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding or that it was the most fun they've had in a long time. We also rented the photobooth and I could not believe how many people got their pictures taken and how much fun they had with the props, etc. The photobooth had a line almost all night long! They gave us a photo memory book and CD to go along with it. Steve checked in with me throughout the night to see how I felt things were going and asked what I thought needed to be changed or what could be better. I thought that was amazing! My husband and I had so much fun on the dance floor with our guests - it really was a night to remember!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Amy · Married on 09/08/2013

Steve did an awesome job with the music at my wedding - both ceremony and reception. People danced all night and had a great time. Steve made the whole process of planning the music for the wedding very easy and stress-free, and was very easy to get in touch with as far as planning everything.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Beth & Zack · Married on 09/07/2013

I would highly recommend Music Unlimited! From start to finish Steve was thorough, responded quickly to any questions/concerns (even my last minute requests!), and was an affordable price! Planning was a breeze and Steve assisted with song suggestions as well as their song request and "don't play" forms. I asked for a special song for my nephew and he downloaded that to the list, too! Steve was the only vendor that I worked with that constantly shot me an e-mail or called me to check, double check, and follow up on EVERYTHING so there were no mistakes. Betsy was our DJ and she was amazing, too! She met us as we got off the bus to double check things and assisted us to keep our reception flowing perfectly. She was fun and even joined in on some dancing with us which was a special, personal touch! Hands down, Zack and I have no complaints from Music Unlimited and would recommend them to anyone as well as use them again ourselves in the future. THANK YOU STEVE & BETSY!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2013

Steve was phenomenal! From our first phone conversation to the day of our wedding he was enthusiastic, personable, and flexible! We would highly recommend him to anyone (friends or strangers) as someone who is dependable and willing to meet all of your wedding music needs. Additionally he did a wonderful job of emceeing the evening by keeping the flow of arranged activities going (e.g. first dance, cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) as well as keeping people moving on the dance floor:) Many, many thank you's for creating such a special day for us!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Seth · Married on 08/30/2013

My wife and I chose Steve to DJ our wedding in Grand Ledge, MI. It was very easy coordinating with him before the big day, and he was responsive to email, even inviting us to his home. My wife and I made song requests and he was receptive to everything. I sent him a song by email and that was no problem for him as well. Very easy going and open to ideas.

Steve was on his game and professional during the reception. He even worked in a couple things off the cuff that were pretty cool, and our guests enjoyed the experience. I'm thankful he was part of our day. I'd definitely recommend Music Unlimited for your DJ needs, and if I need to hire a DJ again I know who I'm reaching out to.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Drew · Married on 08/24/2013

We hired Music Unlimited for DJ and Photobooth for our wedding this august and our experience couldn’t have been better! Not only did Steve work with us to plan out our details before the wedding, he also worked with our guests throughout the reception to keep the party alive. His music selections fit perfectly with our guests, keeping the dance floor packed (literally!) all night long. He was very intuitive and seemed to know exactly what everyone wanted to hear. I didn’t have to think about any of it – I was able to focus on my guests and on having fun. The party was so amazing, I will remember it forever! The photobooth was a blast - it was awesome to see even my grandparents get multiple pictures. My wife and I would recommend Music Unlimited to anyone out there – you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Danielle · Married on 07/13/2013

Absolutely amazing! We had so much fun and Betsy kept the party going all night. The music was perfect, everyone danced all evening. She even stayed passed the scheduled time for us night owls! I loved how well she communicated with us throughout the entire evening! I definitely think this was the perfect DJ service, could not have asked for better!

Sent on 10/10/2013

My husband and I used Music Unlimited for our wedding reception and we cannot tell you how great they were! Steve, the owner, was always willing to meet with us in person and always responded back to us very quickly when we needed to call or e-mail him. He helped us with selecting the music and made sure that every detail was covered. Steve was so easy to work with and felt like we were talking with a friend. He was very professional and defintely knows what he is doing!

For our wedding reception, we had Betsy as our DJ and she was simply amazing! She made sure to ask us if we needed anything throughout the whole night, was extremely organized, and played the perfect music selection. We had a very young and fun crowd and the music she played was exactly what we had asked for and what we wanted. She is the best!

Thanks again Steve and Betsy for making our wedding day perfect!

Danny and Katelyn

Sent on 07/12/2013

BillieJo · Married on 06/15/2013

Steve and his staff were outstanding. Music was wonderful, always able to keep the dance floor hopping with the large variety of music. All of our guest praised the services MusicUnlimited offered and had a blast with the photo booth. We will for sure recommend MusicUnlimited to anyone who ask. Thanks for all the fun and lasting memories you helped create. Pat and BillieJo Kersjes

Sent on 06/25/2013

Andrew & Chelsea · Married on 06/01/2013

Steve and his staff were exceptional. Overall, Steve was there throughout the reception ensuring my husband and I were enjoying ourselves and asking if we needed anything. He was very helpful through the wedding process. He listened to our requests and concerns and helped us choose our music selection. Our music selection was a big hit on our special day. There was never only a single group out on the dance floor. Even though we provided him with a list of song requests before our day, he asked us throughout the day if we wanted to hear a song. We are very satisfied with the service that was provided and he went far beyond our expectations.

In addition to the the DJ service, we rented the photo booth. This was a huge hit for the guests and ourselves. Part of this service provides the bride and groom with a scrapbook of the photos. Guests are able to write messages beside their photo strip. From the book we saw that there was people there that we did not see in person. The messages that people wrote were heart felt and funny. The bridal party used the photo booth props in their entrance into the reception. We were told by many of our guests that they had never seen such an entertaining entrance. Thank you Steve for helping us with this!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2013

Music Unlimited did such an amazing job when providing our photobooth at our wedding. The staff is super professional, wide variety of props, and the Memory book was such a great added value. All of our guests loved it! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • F

Francisco · Married on 04/27/2013

Our wedding reception was a blast! We thank Steve and his crew for helping us throw an amazing party! He was very accomodating to our tastes. As the groom, my side of the family required more culturally traditional music, and Steve did a great job in reviewing all the music and took the time to find out how to best incorporate the songs into the mix. Needless to say, at morning after brunch, my family kept commenting on how great it was that they got to dance to their music. He fulfilled the requests that everyone had, and the dance floor was always occupied. We did the DJ and photo booth combo, I recommend doing this! Its a great deal, and a great time! It keeps everyone active and participating, and its so fun to review everyone's photos at the end! Music Unlimited is fantastic! Book them now!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2013

Steve Thelen was the DJ at my wedding last night and he did a wonderful job. He was a huge help when I needed song recommendations or unique ideas for certain traditions I did not want to do at the reception. He kept everyone dancing and played a great slow to fast song ratio so people did not get bored with one genre all night. I would recommend Steve to any future bride/groom. My new husband was also 100% satisfied with Steve as well. He made the whole process of wedding planning easier by being so helpful and responsive.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Abbie · Married on 04/12/2013

Music unlimited was wonderful! They kept the dance floor packed all night, and we received so many compliments on the music from our guests. They were very receptive to our ideas and music preferences. They contacted us before to make sure we were on the same page with everything and after to make sure we were satisfied. . I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Elise · Married on 03/08/2013

Steve was excellent at our reception. He checked with us several times before the party about what we wanted to play how we wanted things to go, and also during the reception about how things were going.
    He played music during dinner that was really fitting for the mood, and then played great music for dancing afterwards. He was really good at playing the music we requested along with the other songs that kept people dancing and having fun. The photo booth was a big hit as well, with great props and a lot of flexibility. We would definitely recommend him to anyone that wants a great DJ for their party.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Jenelle · Married on 12/29/2012

You know there are 3 things everyone talks about after a wedding: the ceremony, the food, and the music. If you want them to LOVE the music, hire Music Unlimited! You will not be sorry.
    I cannot describe in enough detail how incredible Steve from Music Unlimited was! He had all of our requested songs, played the right music to keep the dance floor packed all night. From the first song, to the last, guests enjoyed an array of music from big band era to current pop. Seriously! you know you have a great DJ when the floor is packed with songs going from One Direction to Journey! He was even able to create a song for us to use th MSU fight song for our entrance songs for two U of M alumnis that were in the wedding. He kept the music at a great volume as well, so guests could still talk yet enjoy the music too.
    The photo booth was also a HUGE hit with the guests. The value you get with the photo booth and the DJ service is phenominal. Steve was always quick with a response back when emailing me, he contacted me several times to ensure names were pronouced correctly and any song I didnt want played, it wasnt! (IE the YMCA, Hokey Pokey, anything cheesy like that.) He had the right mix of fast and slow songs.

Sent on 12/31/2012