Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths Reviews

125 | Grand Ledge, MI

125 Reviews for Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths

Katherine · Married on 12/04/2015

Steve was incredible! He was so in tune with everything we asked for and made our reception a fantastic time. He made sure that every song was exactly what we wanted and his communication was incredible. I would recommend Music Unlimited to everyone who is looking for a DJ. We also had a photobooth set up and our guests, (mainly my 7 year old daughter) had a blast! Thank you Steve for completing our special day with such amazing music. God Bless!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Alivia · Married on 10/03/2015

Steve was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He was really responsive and communicative before the big day and continued to check in on the big day to make sure things were flowing the way we wanted them to. He played the songs we wanted and kept the party going all night! Our night would not have been the same without such a great DJ! We could not have asked for a better experience! The day was so fun and went SO smoothly, despite getting behind our written schedule. Steve's flexibility really helped us feel comfortable and relaxed despite the whole day being a whirlwind.

We also rented a photo booth and the attendant (also named Steve) was excellent as well! The photo booth was a huge hit and everybody commented on how great it was and how much fun they had. I would recommend Music Unlimited to everyone who wants to have a great party for their reception!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Lynne · Married on 09/12/2015

While planning my daughter's wedding, she and I researched and received quotes from a number of different DJs and Photo booth providers in the greater Lansing area. We received a great price on the "bundle" of services from Music Unlimited and our initial meeting with Steve put us at ease that they were the right choice. His communication before the event was excellent and our confidence was rewarded when the wedding arrived and the music and photo booth were exceptional. They played a great mix of music and honored all requests. Steve and his team are consummate professionals and the feedback we received was phenomenal. We would not only recommend, but encourage others to utilize the services of Music Unlimited! You will be not be disappointed...

Sent on 09/29/2015

Tim · Married on 09/04/2015

Music Unlimited did a fantastic job at our wedding. They are super easy to work with and very flexible on song choices and the timing of things during the reception. With just a few of our favorite artists, Steve was able to put together a playlist for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing that entertained everyone. The dance floor was packed all night. The sound quality was top notch. I could have a conversation inside the venue without any trouble, yet still her the music outside so I never missed a song. Couldn't have been happier with the music. They did a fantastic job all night.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Brooke · Married on 08/15/2015

Both my husband and I are absolutely thrilled with our choice to book Steve's DJ services for our wedding. Of all the vendors I booked for our big day, Steve was the most responsive, prompt, and involved in making sure our day went smoothly. In the months leading up to the event, I requested his help in choosing a song for the father/daughter dance, and he continued to send me suggestions and recommendations after my dad rejected each and every one (my dad is impossible!). He called me twice before the wedding to go over name pronunciations, timing, the day's schedule, and song preference. Of all the DJs I contacted, Steve asked the most detailed questions about my venue in regard to setup, location, backup, equipment transfers, ease of access, and more. This is why I chose him! His inquisitiveness is a true reflection of his keen professionalism and expertise. I trusted him 100% with the song choices for pre-ceremony, appetizer, and dinner music, which is saying a LOT, because I'm a control freak. And all night long, I kept shouting, "I LOVE THIS SONG!" I gave him virtually no instruction on which songs to play for the reception and he seriously nailed it. AND he came up to me at least 3 times during the reception to make sure I liked the music he was playing and the direction he was going. Everyone loved Steve. He was so involved in perfecting my day that I don't know where we would have been without him. He maintained ideal volume, used fabulous lighting, and even agreed to play one more song at the end of the reception. He was extremely affordable (especially considering how far away my venue was), and he was an absolute asset to my day. I had a very odd party lineup, an outside ceremony/reception, and bizarre song blending requests for him and he made all of my confusing requests/concerns seem like a walk in the park. His professionalism and responsiveness sets him apart, and I will absolutely hire him again. Thank you so much, Steve!

Sent on 08/24/2015

My husband and I had no idea where to go for a DJ, so we looked on The Knot and this DJ had the highest reviews - for good reason! Steve had several calls with me to nail down exactly what environment and music we were going for, and had me fill out a form to give me additional direction. He is pleasant, funny, and really wants to make sure you get the reception you're looking for. The woman who actually DJ'd our event (Betsy) did an INCREDIBLE job. She was fun, funny, took requests, managed the crowd, and listened to exactly what we wanted. Steve and his team are just absolutely the best! We loved them.

Sent on 08/25/2015

jamie · Married on 06/26/2015

Steve did such a phenomenal job as our wedding DJ! He had everyone on the dance floor the whole night! He made a fantastic mash-up of our favorite songs as our first dance! I worked with him in secret on it and it was such a neat surprise for the groom on our wedding day! He announced all of the events just as planned and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Our favorite part of the night was the "sweet caroline" dance. He had every single one of our guests out on that dance floor surrounding the bride and groom. I couldn't stop smiling/laughing. I can't wait to see those pictures! It was SO much fun! Steve/Music Unlimited did a great job! You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2015

Words cannot express how tremendously pleased we are with Music Unlimited DJ and photo booth service! I initially meet with Steve from MU because of his great prices (he was cheaper than 3 or 4 of the other DJs I inquired about) and right away I discovered he is an awesome person, very flexible and easygoing but passionate about his work. Just lots of good vibes!!! As the wedding drew nearer he called me to verify a bunch of information and to go over things like how to pronounce the names of our wedding party (have you ever heard of any of DJ doing that?! Seriously so nice!!!) and where to set-up etc. We had a tricky venue in which the dinner was inside but the dancing was outside, but Steve was quick to accommodate. He set up inside for the dinner music and special dances and quickly moved outside before anyone even noticed! We also had my husband's father sing and play guitar to the mother-son dance song and Steve allowed us to plug into his equipment for that, again very accommodating and kind. I think at least 3 times throughout the night Steve found me and asked if everything was ok music wise. It was TERRIFIC!! We had so many people dancing! I couldn't be more pleased!! People, book Music Unlimited and you will not be disappointed!! Easily one of my favorite vendors. Thanks Steve and staff!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/13/2015

catharine · Married on 02/28/2015

We gave him a play list but asked that he keep the party going and play a variety. The dancefloor was steadily occupied and our guests loved the music, strobe lights, and photo booth. The photo booth was a huge hit, lots of fun, and we highly recommend it. If you do a variety of services you can sometimes get a package deal which is very nice.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Jeremy · Married on 01/03/2015

Steve was AWSOME! I had a huge delima at my wedding and had to change venues the night before the wedding and steve was awsomw he was more than willing to go out of his way to get things done. I would recomend him to anyone planning a wedding or anyother type of party setting needing a DJ.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Laura · Married on 12/13/2014

Steve was amazing! Very professional and did the music for my ceremony as well!! Everyone at our wedding agreed the music was awesome. He played music for every generation and really listened to what I wanted. As well as the photobooth was a huge hit! I would recommend his services to everyone. I was really happy with him and his prices were some of the best around. I am definitely glad I went with them!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Ally · Married on 10/10/2014

Steve has been very quick to answer any questions I may have as I begin planning my July 2015 wedding!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/04/2014

Steve is the man. I had never had to book a DJ before so I really didn't know what I was in for. For all of those scared grooms that have been put in charge of music, go through Steve. He was great. Music Unlimited had never been to the Fredrick Meijer Gardens (Grand Rapids). Not a problem. He called them and figured everything out with our wedding planner. We were worried that some of the songs we selected wouldn't be long enough. Not a problem. Steve edited the songs and made them longer (they still sounded great). We had an outdoor wedding and we would have to move the DJ sound set up from outside for the ceremony to inside for the reception. Not a problem. Betsy was our DJ and she was great, walked us through the night never pushing us, going by our schedule that I am sure changed a hundred times. Great music, everybody was dancing. I can't say enough good things.

Steve goes above and beyond for his clients and it absolutely shows. The best part of it all, he was by far the cheapest DJ I found on the west side of Michigan. Do yourself a favor and book him now.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Steve · Married on 10/04/2014

Steve Thelen of Music Unlimited went above and beyond for our wedding reception. We would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a great DJ! During the planning stage, he was available to go over any details or questions that we had and always responded quickly. Together, we made a plan for how we wanted the night to go and he made it happen.

Despite our reception being outside on a super cold and rainy night, everyone had a blast! Underneath the tent, Steve was playing great songs and had the dance floor full the whole night. From the time guests first arrived to the last song of the night, he kept things moving smoothly. His transitions/explanations of what was happening next were clear, very professional, and we had complete confidence/trust in his abilites.

Go with Music Unlimited for your DJ and Event Services!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Shanae · Married on 09/20/2014

Steve is the best! Seriously the best! I had a horrible event coordinator and he saved the day. He was so organized with everything, it made me completely relaxed. He is so much more than a DJ, he will make sure everything goes smoothly. Best decision I made for my wedding. The music was also just perfect. Everyone was out on the dance floor and I got multiple compliments on how awesome the music was. Beyond happy with this service. I would probably pay double for what he was able to produce. No stress, great music, super easy to work with. You can't ask for more than that.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Kerri · Married on 09/20/2014

Music Unlimited was referred to me from a friend of a friend who recently attended a wedding reception in Lansing. The friend raved about how much fun they had had thanks to the DJ. After contacting Steve in Grand Ledge we continued to communicate whenever needed. He always answered my emails the same day. We met only once and went over everything. I conveyed that I had not attended a wedding years and that I wanted our 80 guests well entertained. Our ceremony and reception were both at the beautiful English Inn in Eaton Rapids. Steve had many suggestions and was very honest if my ideas were good or bad. I had placed all my trust in his company. We also rented the photo booth which everyone loved…however at first the guests did not know it was a photo booth as the attendant was standing still and not engaging folks (that’s only what I heard). But once it was discovered after dinner it was a hit! If you are planning a reception make sure you get the photo booth – guests need something to do! I highly stress that. The DJ was perfect and was on cue to the speeches and the dances and then with the guest entertainment. We had so much fun I did not want them to leave and begged for one more - a couple times. They also came over to say goodbye when then were done after midnight. They even told me they enjoyed the dinner. Don’t get cheap on your entertainment! You only have one shot at getting it right. Steve and Music Unlimited did not disappoint.

Sent on 01/06/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/13/2014

Music Unlimited (Steve) did the best job DJ-ing at our wedding. We were looking for someone who could help with the flow of the evening, played good dance music, but didn't take over the party or say embarrassing things DJ's sometimes say (in my wedding attending experience). Steve was SUPER professional, on-time, and had a great list that helped me to pick songs. He made great suggestions and played music that everyone loved. I had multiple people ask about him after- and two of my bridesmaids had or are having him at their wedding too. I would recommend Steve and his team to anyone looking for a tasteful DJ that really made the evening a special one to remember. Thank you!

Sent on 02/11/2015

Steve was extremely helpful in both the planning and the reception itself, and had us at ease as soon as we started talking with him. We had a few specific ideas, but mostly we just wanted to ensure the dance floor was busy throughout the night, and he delivered above and beyond that! For the specific points we did have, he stuck to them to the letter, including creating medleys or cutting songs short. He never tried to change anything we were decided on, but when there were things we were unsure about, he’d offer suggestions that worked out great. He definitely knows his stuff, but didn’t try to impose anything on us.

He had also done some friends’ weddings before ours, and we enjoyed him at every one. He had great song selection and a great attitude that kept people excited and active. We didn’t use any other DJs, but of the price comparisons we did, his was low-average, and we can’t imagine the quality being much higher. Steve and Music Unlimited get our highest recommendation!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Music Unlimited gave us a wonderful experience at our reception! Highly recommend for any wedding!!! They did a great job and could't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Eva · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I knew right away that we were going to pick Steve Thelen as our DJ, mostly because of biased opinion; but Sara and Steve did an incredible job making our reception a hit.
    Not only was the choice of songs dead on, but our DJ did a great job helping my husband and I organize family photo times, which we both greatly appreciated! Everything that night went smoothly, and after a couple of hiccups during our ceremony it was a relief to relax and enjoy our reception.
    Steve Thelen was professional as well as personable. We felt very comfortable to ask him anything that we might want, or would like to change, for that night; Steve was also very flexible with us and our arrangements. Overall, we had an incredible experience!

Besides the DJ, we also rented a photo booth through Steve and Music Unlimited, and it was such a hit we ended up having to extend another hour so our guests could keep having a fun time with the photos. My husband and I were a little nervous renting a photo booth, because we have experienced problems with them at other weddings. Obviously we had nothing to worry about. The gentleman who ran it was very nice and we experienced no problems!

All throughout the night people were giving compliments about our DJ, and observed that the dance floor was never left untouched.

Steve and Sara Thelen, we want to thank you so much for an amazing ending to a very long, and special, day.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Sierra · Married on 08/08/2014

Steve was a pleasure to work with. He allowed us to hand-pick all of our music. He was so flexible during the reception on modifying our schedule to best accommodate our guests. Steve also worked well with me on a last second change for our ceremony music. Helped our wedding go smoothly and be better than I could have dreamed!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Paula · Married on 08/02/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Steve and Music Unlimited. All of the music that we requested was played and was in an order that kept everyone out on the dance floor. It was so nice to be able to relax during our reception and trust that Steve was going to keep things going smoothly and play a great variety of music. Having a DJ that was so helpful was awesome! Steve did our ceremony and reception music and he went above and beyond to make it perfect for us. Thank you so much Steve for doing such a wonderful job. I would HIGHLY recommend Music Unlimited to anyone looking for a DJ who has a great price and does an outstanding job!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2014

We cannot give Steve from Music Unlimited a high enough recommendation. He did an amazing job as our DJ at our wedding. He was able to really pick up on the vibe of the party and keep that vibe and energy going with the music he played. He did an excellent job of keeping us on track for everything that needed to happen at the reception from when dinner was going to be served to when special dances would take place. He accommodated ours and our guests' music requests. We truly think that our reception was awesome in a large part because of his excellent DJ'ing. Thank you Steve!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Teddy · Married on 07/19/2014

We hired Music Unlimited for our wedding. We had the DJ and Photo Booth combination. They rocked. The Photo Booth was a hit and Betsy who DJ'd our wedding did an awesome job with music and was timely when someone asked for a request. My wife and I are glad we went with them and they did a phenomenal job and were professional. We also got a photo book of all those that went into the photo booth that night. When I needed or had a question, Steve responded if not that day the next day and was made sure our needs that day were going to be met.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Krista · Married on 07/18/2014

We could NOT have asked for a better DJ at our wedding reception!

Steve was very easy to communicate with beforehand, and he was extremely professional throughout the whole process. He kept the night flowing seemlessly, and all of my guests gave us very positive feedback too. I got an email from one guest saying that "the DJ kept the party going all night" and that he "seemed to know excatly what songs to play & when."

Not only were they willing to travel (the wedding was in Holland, MI), but they also offered very reasonable prices. We would definitely hire Music Unlimited again to DJ any event that we have in the future. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/29/2014