Music Man Productions Reviews

55 | Des Moines, IA

55 Reviews for Music Man Productions

Catherine · Married on 05/25/2013

Curtis was GREAT! We could not have asked for a better DJ :) On time, professional, fun. Super easy to work with. Would definitely recommend to anyone :)

Sent on 08/02/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Curtis with Music Man Productions was a real joy to work with during our wedding time! He took care of us, and made sure we had a night that we would love and wouldn't forget. He always got back to me in a timely manner, and always made me feel assured that we had nothing to worry about. He wanted us to have fun, and he wanted to give us everything we wanted to have from the night. We had a great time with Curtis, and he worked amazingly with us!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kent · Married on 10/13/2012

Our guests commented on how professional and great the DJ was!

Sent on 12/08/2012
  • User2702026 · 2+ years ago

Eric was the DJ at my wedding and he was so wonderful and prepared. Their website has an event planner that gave me ideas for what people usually ask for if you're planning the whole thing yourself. I found it very helpful. My only regret is I missed Eric's magic trick at the end of the night! A man of many talents. I would recommend these guys to anyone! So responsive, easy to work with, and excited about their job!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Angie · Married on 10/06/2012

Curtis Dean was our dj at our wedding on 10-06-12.Personally I feel a dj can make your wedding day all the more wonderful or it can be a disaster. I am so happy Curtis was our dj! If you are looking for the best dj in the Des Moines and surrounding areas, you should not wait to call. He did an incredible job. He is a true professional.Anytime I had a question, he responded so quickly and you will receive consultations to go over everything. He did our outdoor ceremony too and everyone complimented on how good the sound was and that they could actually hear. We were beyond satisfied with his services. I cannot praise him enough for making our wedding go incredibly smooth and kept all the guests dancing to the very end. We had people compliment on how great he was throughout the night.Thanks again Curtis for everything, you really helped make our day perfect and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 10/11/2012

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2012

My husband and I recently used Music Man Productions for our wedding. Curtis was our DJ, and I can't begin to express how happy we were with his work! From the ceremony to the reception to the last dance, everything was perfect! We asked him to do some things that were unique to our day, and he accomplished our vision wonderfully. We live in Chicago and got married in Iowa, so we were really nervous that the planning would be hard while in different states. Curtis made that process so much less stressful. He was so responsive, and answered all of our questions so quickly. I could go on for ages about how happy we were with Curtis Dean and Music Man Productions, but to sum up, if you're looking for a great DJ, look no further... you've already found the best!!!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2012

I was very nervous about booking a DJ whom we had never met before nor seen at another wedding. However, Music Man Productions far exceeded our expectations! Curtis was very helpful and followed up with us before the wedding to make sure he knew exactly what we wanted (and didn't want). He was not only a great DJ, but also acted as a MC for the entire night.

Our dance floor was always full and we had so many compliments about our great DJ. You will not be dissapointed if you choose Music Man Productions!! I would recommend them to anyone who asks!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Katy · Married on 08/04/2012

Curtis and Chris were so much fun to work with. They did such an amazing job with our music at our wedding ceremony and reception. Curtis went above and beyond getting us our music for our ceremony. Chris got the party started and kept it going all night at our reception! We were so worried about our dance floor being empty, but we had to kick people off it by the end of the night. We would definitely recommend these guys!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Kelsey · Married on 07/28/2012

On the night of our wedding, Chris was amazing! He did a fantastic job reading our crowd and playing just the right music to keep the dance floor jam-packed with all ages the entire night! We wanted a dance party, and boy did we get one! In fact, our favorite memories from the dance floor were unscripted moments that were totally inspired by Chris--including guests serenading the bride to Boyz II Men, and the bride and groom dancing in the middle of a circle of guests to The Proclaimers. So much fun!

Our experience with Chris and Music Man Productions was especially remarkable, given the circumstances my now-husband and I found ourselves in leading up to our wedding. We had previously contracted with another DJ but panicked when they proved unresponsive--despite several calls and emails--for the month leading up to our big day. We were in a bind when we were referred to Music Man Productions, but Curtis and Chris put us at ease. Their experience and positive attitudes quickly won our confidence.

Music Man Productions' services prior to our wedding and the resulting party Chris helped us throw (!!) were more than we could have imagined. We are so grateful to them and highly recommend their services.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Darcy and Logan · Married on 06/02/2012

We could not have been more pleased with the service we got! Our wedding reception went on without any problems, and the itinerary we agreed to a head of time was followed. The music was great and our guests could not have had more fun! Thanks Curtis! -Darcy and Logan

Sent on 06/14/2012

Destiny · Married on 04/14/2012

Curtis was AMAZING! He had music that kept all ages of people on the dance floor all night long. My husband and I had so many compliments on our choice of DJ because they were so impressed with him. He was open to requests, played our "Must Play" list and still made time for dollar dances, anniversary dances, etc that kept the dance party alive. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Jean · Married on 12/31/2011

Curtis is the best DJ that I have seen at any wedding, dance, prom, ect. He was professional and really got the crowd involved. He did music for our wedding service and reception it took him less than 20 mins to reorganize the area to be ready for the dance. He was quick to respond to my emails and/or phone calls. We are very very happy with the service we received and it was at a great value. His goal was for us to enjoy our night--and we did!!

Sent on 01/11/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2011

Thank you SO much Curtis and Eric!

We had such an amazing wedding reception in large part because of you two! You did a great job of announcing everything before it happened so everyone knew what was going on. Everyone could hear the prayer, speeches, cake cutting.

The dance was SO fun! You guys kept the energy up and kept everyone on the dance floor. The music was fun music that everyone knows and loves.

It was great meeting with Curtis before the wedding to review all of the details and timeline. The online event planner worked great too!

Thank you for all of your work! We really appreciate everything you did!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2011

Music Man Productions did an amazing job at our wedding. We had a wonderful night we will never forget! Thanks Curtis and Music Man Productions.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Kim · Married on 06/25/2011

We hired Music Man Productions for our daughter's wedding reception. Chris was our DJ and did a fantastic job. Everyone had a wonderful time and we even went into overtime. One of the highlights was when Chris did a break dance. We highly recommend them. Thanks again Chris and Curtis.
    Reynold and Kim Peterson

Sent on 07/20/2011

Ashlee · Married on 06/04/2011

We were so pleased with Curtis/Music Man Productions. Everything went so smoothly and everyone had a great time. The online event planning tool was extremely helpful and convenient. We spent a lot of time looking for the right DJ, and decided on Curtis because of the price and his experience, and we definitely made the right decision!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Monica · Married on 09/25/2010

Curtis was great to work with. He gave us exactly what we had asked for. Over a year later I still have wedding guests comment to me on how fun our dance was, which in a large part was due to the music.

Kayla · Married on 08/14/2010

We used Music Man Productions at our wedding reception and were so pleased with the service. Prior to the wedding, we met with Curtis and were able to lay out what we wanted/didn't want in regards to our reception music along with planning out the order of events at the reception. Curtis was extremely helpful with his own ideas and took our suggestions as well.

Curtis and Chris (both were working at our reception) did an excellent job of using a variety of music that everyone liked (and that we suggested prior to the party)...everything from a German polka to Lady Gaga! I could definitely tell that people of all ages were really enjoying the music. In fact, they had our guests dancing late into the night!

Oh and I have to mention the fact that neither Curtis or Chris are awkward/annoying DJ's. I've attended a handful of wedding receptions where the DJ isn't able to read the crowd, and they end up creating an awkward evening for the guests. You can rest assured that if you book Music Man Productions for your reception, this won't be the case!

Seriously, book Music Man Productions. You will not be disappointed!

Adam · Married on 08/07/2010

Curtis was professional and fulfilled all of our requests. After the wedding we heard nothing but good comments from our guests. We would recommend Music Man in a heartbeat.

Adam & Ashley Polashek

Autumn · Married on 05/08/2010

Curtis was awesome to work with!! We had an outdoor ceremony and his set-up for the ceremony was quaint and professional - no big ugly obstructive equipment to look at. All the guests could hear the music and ceremony well.
    Music was enjoyed through the dinner hour and He did a wonderful job at announcing us as we arrived and made sure the night flowed smoothly and the guests were aware of what was going on.
    The dance was by FAR the best part of the night!!! Curtis worked great with us on picking songs, giving us some ideas as well as feedback and was great at getting requests playes. He had music for all ages! He even suggested 'fun activities' to do during the dancing hours (dollar dance, conga line, snowball, and many other special fun dances)
    We were very happy with the services provided. He was very professional but also not afraid to get everyone to have a FUN time!! and that we did :)

Crystal · Married on 07/24/2009

My husband and I got married at Gull Point State Park in Okoboji. Dean was wonderful in helping us to accommodate the outside ceremony as well as the reception. He was responsive in the planning phase and provided great entertainment during the reception. We highly recommend him.

Matt and Crystal Stockdale

christina · Married on 06/27/2009

Curtis Dean was great to work with. He's a very nice guy and we met once beforehand to finalize some details. He catered to our song requests and played a good variety of music. Everything went very smoothly and we had lots of compliments!

Sally · Married on 06/20/2009

Our experience with musica man productions was a very positive one. My husband and I were so impressed that whenever somebody asks about a DJ service we always make sure that we mention Music Man Productions. To this day I have people now and then comment on our music at the wedding!

Bob · Married on 08/30/2008

Very reliable service from music man productions. I recommend them to everyone I know getting married in Iowa. Was able to have a do not play list and also had the dance outdoors, which was no problem.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Maggie · Married on 07/26/2014

Curtis did a great job! He met with us a head of time to make sure he had all the correct information and that we were on the same page. During the event he made sure the crowd was on the dance floor! I highly recommend music man!

Sent on 08/17/2014