Music Man Event Professionals Reviews

Kristy · event on: 07/05/2013

3.4
      3.0
      2.5

We thought the overall experience was good. Great music and very friendly DJ's. The only issue we had was the lighting. The main reason we went with this company was for lighting and the it was nothing special. I asked over and over and made it very clear that lighting was our priority even over the music and I was ensured that we would be getting "club" lighting. The lighting was barely noticeable and not really to our standards but other than the lighting we have no complaints. Would recommend you for music.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for the kind words about our Music and DJs. I am sorry to hear that you weren't happy with our lighting. As a professional lighting company and former night club DJ I can assure you that the lighting you received was definitely professional night club lighting. If you had asked at the event about it, I would have gladly explained that in order for night club style lighting to really pop you need to turn the lights on the dance floor down or off. Here is a video of your event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFack39w1iE as you can see the lighting is definitely visiible and would have been even more so with the stringed lights above the dance floor off. Here is a video from a wedding we did the next day with only 2 of the 6 we provided you with the lights down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQJRWoS4bQ as you can see the lighting pops a lot more with less lighting. Again, I am glad everyone had a great time and I am disappointing that you didn't talk with me at the event so you could have asked the venue to turn the lights off (We asked but they didn't listen) so you would have enjoyed yourself even more.

Best Regards,

3.2
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5

Planned music for the ceremony, entrances, father/daughter dance, dollar dances, cake, first dance, garter toss, and bouquet toss were exactly what we asked for. The event timing and DJ announcements went very smoothly as well. However, Mark did not bring a wireless mic, as discussed via email, for the officiant to use during the ceremony. He also played only two songs out of my "Priority Requested Songs" and "Favorite Songs" lists, only after I had my Maid of Honor talk with him. Furthermore, I emailed a list of songs that I wanted to be played during the "All Dance" after 10:00pm and I don't think ANY of those songs were played. I even went up and requested them and he said he didn't have the songs in his database. I sent the list of songs a week before the event and should have been notified if any songs were not able to be played, since when we discussed the music, there were no complications mentioned. Mark was a very nice and respectful Dj, however I was very disappointed that important information, like songs that were important to me and my husband, were not relayed or discussed. Furthermore, when my father booked the DJ service, he was told that Mark Cherney would be the DJ for our event, and we were very surprised of the person change, since we had been discussing everything (email and phone conference) with him and not another person. Thank you for your understanding.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Music Man Event Professionals's reply:

I am so sorry that this bride felt this way. We work so hard to make sure all of our brides are 100% satisfied. The key is that the bride communicate with us what exactly she wants. This bride sent us a timeline and information packet that we followed to a T. ( as referenced in her comment). There was no list of dance songs sent other than this timeline. If there was, we ask that they put them into our online planning system so we can keep everything in one place. In her statement she said "she didn't think that we played the songs she wanted" if she had any doubt, she could have asked and the DJ would have showed her the play history. according to the DJ, she didn't remember what she asked for and he kept showing her the info she sent us with her saying " oh yeah, ok, I forgot that I put that". We did however get great comments from her father, guests and her and her husband during the wedding.

As far as the wireless mic comment, had we promised a wireless mic, it would have been on the agreement, The bride went through the agreement looking for it being listed and it was not there because it was not asked for. If you want something just ask. Her Dad when booking the wedding was offered a really low price and was specifically told that we were not including anything but a DJ for it. We did provide some free dance lighting as a kind gesture.

It was never promised that I personally would be the DJ. I even told her in Our discussions that my best DJ, Mark, would be handling her event. Ask any of my other clients, I am completely upfront about this and If I promise that it will be me DJing your wedding.....It will be me!

Look at our other reviews. We take great pride in making sure everything is perfect. This review came as a surprise and doesn't make sense.

Melinda · Married on 10/03/2008

1.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.5

In interviewing with this company I thought it would e great, but it turned out to be a disaster.
    To start things off the wedding march did not play, he didnt play 90% of the songs I had picked for the garter toss, cake cutting and so on. And he turned out to be a real jerk on the wedding day.

Sent on 11/15/2008

Music Man Event Professionals's reply:

This is Melanie Morgan. Here is a link to this bride's wedding footage and the the bride and groom giving a testimonial after the wedding reception. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSUIP0Co598&feature=related. On the video you can see the bride and groom dancing with all of their friends having a terrific time and then they both give a testimonial at the end saying how great everything was and that we played everything they wanted. If they had a problem, it was never brought to my attention. Looking at our other reviews, it just doesn't make sense.