Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

139 | Suffolk, VA

139 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Casey · Married on 09/08/2012

Chris,
    Thank you so much for making our wedding day super fun and run so smoothly. We really appreciate all your hard work as well as your creativity with our wedding slideshow. You went above and beyond the expectations of what a DJ normally does. We have recommended you to several friends and could not have been happier with your services. Thanks again! You rocked!
    Jon & Casey Trude

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2012

We *highly* recommend Chris! Look no further for your DJ.

Sent on 03/06/2013

I had a great experience everytime I met with Chris preceeding the wedding. I had total confidence in him and and he did a great job and had everyone on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/20/2012

Chris did an absolutely wonderful job at our wedding! The music was great and he kept the ceremony and reception flowing smoothly. He was also very reliable and reachable during the planning of our wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Raymond · Married on 07/08/2012

Chris is amazing! He made our wedding run so smooth and by the way he plays awesome music! The dance floor was full all night and we can not wait to attend another event where Chris is the DJ!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Kathleen · Married on 07/07/2012

I cannot say enough about how awesome Chris and his guys are. Our wedding reception lasted 6 hours and Chris made it into a huge dance party...everything we had hoped for! He is very professional, great with communication and has such an in depth planning process to make sure he has all the bases covered. If you want your guests to have a good time, Music Makes You Happy is the DJ to choose. He also did the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and everything was flawless. Chris even helped my dad and I pull of the surprise of the night with a secret father/daughter dance that Chris made us a montage of songs for. Book them...you will not be sorry!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Lacey Grey · Married on 06/17/2012

Great to work with, easy to get in touch with and as always, made the event perfect!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Katelyn · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding. Chris met with us several times through the process. He had great ideas to help the guests relax and get into the spirit of the reception. We recommend Chris wholeheartedly!

Sent on 06/06/2012
  • baezan

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2012

Chris was an amazing DJ. From the first meeting his professionalism, character and genuine interest in providing the bride in groom a unique and special day was evident. Though he lives in the Hampton Roads area he was willing to meet us in Richmond to go over all of the details. He is truly devoted to the couples he works with and made our event flow seamlessly. His job was especially difficult for our wedding as he had to create a playlist the fused both latin music and pop/oldies music. Our guests had a wonderful time and even after the "last song" since the party was still in full swing Chris played a couple more songs (staying after his contracted time). He is the DJ you dream of for you wedding and truly a wonderful person to work with. I can't say enough about how great a job he did.

Sent on 06/22/2012

todd · Married on 05/19/2012

You don't see a lot of the grooms writing reviews on here, so I thought I'd give the groom's review for Chris.
    First, I should say that he was recommended to us by his wife at my friend's wife's bachelorette party. So I was immediately hesitant about the whole thing. In college, I worked in Student Activities and most times the DJs were the typical used car salesmen schmaltzy kind of guys you wouldn't ever want to hang out with. Then my (now) wife reminded me who Chris was.
    I was introduced to Chris at an engagement party for a friend through Chris' telling of his wedding night. Please have him tell the story to you. I'm still laughing about it. It is a lesson that when you get back to your hotel room on your wedding night, you lock the door.
    Chris doesn't fall into that typical DJ crowd. He isn't in the business to build his ego and he told us that from the beginning. He wants you to have the event you want and he's dedicated to making that happen. After we heard that, there was no more hesitation in either of our minds.
    We wanted an event that was traditional and yet reflected ourselves through the music and other subtle touches of the ceremony and reception. Being a huge movie fan, I really wanted to incorporate movie music into the prelude of the ceremony and the cocktail hour, which is not an easy task. Chris pulled it off though with selections from John Williams playing pre-ceremony it had the exact effect I wanted which was having the guys looking around saying they knew the songs. That poured into the cocktail hour too with songs from 10 Things I Hate About You and Finding Nemo. And when it was time to dance, the floor was packed. My nieces were supposed to go to sleep a little early, but even insisted to get back out on the dance floor because they "loved" the songs.
    Not many weddings have the Theme from Superman, Beyond the Sea from Finding Nemo, Living on A Prayer, Ice Ice Baby, and the Party Rock Anthem, yet Chris made it work seamlessly. Guests are still telling us how much fun they had.
    Chris had phone conference calls with us since we were in Northern VA. He also talked with our photographer and us before the wedding to work out the schedule of events. 5 stars just doesn't seem to be enough.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2012

Working with Chris at Music Makes you Happy Entertainment was a wonderful experience for us. Fromt he very beginning he was organized, and kept in contact with us until the wedding date to ensure he played the music we wanted, everything ran smoothly, etc. He also offered many suggestions that we would have never thought of. The day of the wedding went flawlessly, and he kept everyone up and dancing. I would absolutely recommend his services for all brides out there!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Katrina · Married on 05/13/2012

DJ Chris Rice was awesome! He made sure everything was taken care of for our wedding and kept our guests happy. He's not a cheezy entertainer, but a very professional DJ. He knew exactly what to play to get the feel we wanted, and he kept my guests dancing and partying. He made sure all the events of the evening flowed seamlessly for a perfect reception. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Alexis · Married on 05/12/2012

Awesome DJ!! Was extremely helpful with keeping everything orderly and timing things just right, and keeping all of us organized. Very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2012

Chris was extremely helpful through out this entire process. He was the least expensive quote we had (out of 4 or 5 DJs) and provided not only excellent service but brought up points and questions we had not considered. Thanks to his suggestions we have multiple beautiful shots of us dancing with friends and family that we other wise would not have had. He was also very good with getting songs up quickly that we requested and avoiding those we put on the do not play list.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Marie · Married on 04/21/2012

Chris at Music Makes You Happy was amazing!! He was incredibly helpful, flexible, and fun! He helped make our event a success, and we could not have done it without him.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Shainna · Married on 03/25/2012

We cannot say enough good things about Music Makes You Happy DJ Services! Chris, our DJ and the owner of the company, went above and beyond from the day we contacted him. My husband has an incredibly busy work schedule that requires him to be out of town frequently, but he wanted to be present for the DJ meetings. Chris was willing to drive to meet us at a location of our choice late in the evening to make this possible. At our initial meeting, Chris had a lot of great ideas on to make our wedding really unique and entertaining. We especially loved his suggestions for a game called "The Shoe Game" and for a unique twist on the garter toss. We don't want to go into detail here and spoil the surprise, but both of these were things our guests had never seen before and raved about afterwards. They also made for some great photo ops. He was quick to respond to any emails and questions throughout the process, and he had a final meeting with us shortly before the wedding to check for any changes and to develop a detailed schedule of events for the day. We had some surprises the day of the wedding and had to shift things around quite a bit. Chris never missed a beat, kept the party going, and none of the guests ever had a clue that things weren't exactly how we planned them in the first place. We also received many compliments from the guests on the music selection, many saying they were impressed at how every single song was perfect for a wedding but still fun to dance to! We are proud to reccommend Chris and Music Makes You Happy DJ Services for any event you are having!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Candace · Married on 03/24/2012

Chris Rice from Music Makes You Happy DJ was the DJ for our wedding. I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. He is so funny, easy to work with, and very professional. Chris met with me a week before my wedding and we went over everything we wanted to do at the reception and he even offered some suggestions for special dances and fun moments. He was able to read the crowd to know what type of music to play, and all of my guests commented on how great the music selection was. I wanted people to dance all night long, and he made that happen. It was one big dance party! Thanks to him, I had a wonderful reception, and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Daniel · Married on 03/10/2012

Chris was absolutely awesome at our wedding. He was very professional and helpful keeping the events on schedule and very helpful Informing our parents and grandparents of special dances and speeches giving them 10-15 minutes before they started. Extremely easy to work with. The meetings were very organized and he helped us organize the schedule of events for the reception. Chris had complete control of the mood of the wedding keeping people dancing and having a good time. We would highly recommend Music Makes You Happy for any event.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Maggie · Married on 02/25/2012

Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding a fun night for everyone there. We have heard amazing things from everyone. Thank you for keeping the party going.

Sent on 03/20/2012

Kelly · Married on 02/18/2012

Chris was extremely helpful in the planning process, and was attentive to what our wishes were for our reception, and followed them to a T. He was extremely professional, but also kept the party upbeat and festive. Would highly recommend to anyone considering Music Makes You Happy!

Sent on 02/21/2012

Molly · Married on 02/18/2012

Chris is an UNBELIEVABLE DJ. He kept the party going till the reception ended and got even the shyest out on the dance floor.

I LOVED working with him during the planning process. He had awesome ideas (some I had never thought of myself) and was really attentive to the littlest details.

We had a ton of kids at our wedding and a lot of people with varying music tastes - but he played a perfect variety of genres that were all family appropriate.

Seriously - Chris is professional and AMAZING. You need to hire MMYHDJs!!! :)

Sent on 02/27/2012

Joshua · Married on 12/17/2011

Hey Chris,

I hope you had a great Christmas! I just wanted to say
    thank you for everything you did to make the wedding perfect for me
    and my wife. We had the most amazing time. From the first day we
    met, my wife and I knew that we had picked the perfect DJ. But we
    thought that was just it, a "DJ". That definitely was not the
    case. Since we did not have a wedding planner or someone there to
    keep things organized and flowing, you took on that responsibility far
    more than we expected. You even brought Amanda's grandparents there
    food so they would not have to get up. You also even helped clean
    up! All the little things you did to make our night enjoyable is too
    much to write, but we want you to know that none of it went unnoticed
    and it was all sincerely appreciated. Your name has definitely
    been promoted!

Again, thanks a lot for everything and we hope to see
    you again sometime!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Shannon · Married on 12/03/2011

Chris did an amazing job at our event. It was not a wedding, but was a black tie gala fundraiser with many more details than any wedding I could imagine. He was fun, professional and totally flexible. He did everything I asked and then some. My group are not big dancers, but as promised Chris got everyone out on the dance floor. I would recommend him without hesitation for any event. I have seen tons of DJs but none of them half as good as Chris. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/05/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/20/2011

Chris with Music Makes You Happy was a wonderful DJ. But in reality, hew as more than just a DJ. My husband and I met with Chris twice before the big day. Each time it was a very casual and comfortable meeting, as if we had known him forever. We went over music selections, likes and dislikes, order of the ceremony and all of the typical wedding things. He was able to do our music for the ceremony and the reception. He arrived to our venue early to go over a few last minute things, meet with our coordinator and make sure that everything was running smoothly. Hiring Chris was like hiring a second coordinator. He emailed with all of our other venues establishing a timeline for the day so that everyone was on the same page. At our reception, he even brought the wine over to my husband and I for the toasts. All of the music was very "kid friendly", which was important since there were about 20+ children at our wedding. Once the children and grandparents had left for the evening, the dance floor transformed! We like to refer to it as the after party portion of the wedding!! Hiring Chris was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. If I ever need a DJ again I wouldn't hesitate for a second to work with him again! I would absolutely recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2011

Very professional, dependable, and organized

Sent on 11/21/2011