Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

152 | Suffolk, VA

152 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Lea · Married on 08/03/2013

Chris and Matt were our DJ's for our wedding reception. From the first phone calls to the end of the reception we have been thrilled with them.
    Chris was very flexible and helpful. He was very professional on all aspects and he was fun to work with at the same time! We were able to get the entrance, the music, the games and the atmosphere just as we wanted.
    They both wore tuxedos, it was something really important to us and it showed their professionalism to the last detail!

Our guests complimented on "how good our DJs were" throughout the whole evening.
    I would definitely recommend Chris as a DJ to any bride and groom who want to have a successful and fun reception!

Thanks again for your hard work Chris!

Lea Beasley

Sent on 08/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/29/2013

Chris did a wonderful job at my wedding at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We had already booked a band - but I wanted a DJ as well to do the formal announcements, and to kind of be in charge of keeping the flow throughout the night. After getting countless estimates from DJ's that were extremely high I came across Music Makes You Happy with great reviews. He responded right away and was very flexible in making a package that was perfect for what we needed!! We met right away and we felt great about him. Our wedding reception was perfect!! He did a wonderful job of the announcements, and really kept the flow throughout the night to keep the guests updated on what was going on. I would HIGHLY recommend him as a DJ to anyone interested!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Leigh · Married on 05/11/2013

Great, great job! The music during the ceremony was perfect. The reception was tons of fun, everyone was on their feet dancing all night. I could not have asked for anything more. (I heard some of the guests were trying to bribe you to play longer.) Too bad we had to be out of the location by 11. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. You definitely connected with the crowd and played music which kept everyone involved.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Tiffany · Married on 04/12/2013

Chris was SO awesome. He was so nice, and helpful when we first met with him that we knew immediately that we wanted to work with him. Once we had booked him, he had a great website that made it easy for both of us to know what we wanted on that day. The day of the wedding was great, he made sure the day went how we both wanted, and made sure we were having fun as well. Our day went so so perfectly, and a big part of that was having Chris as our DJ. We will be hiring him for any parties we have in the future. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Kristen · Married on 03/30/2013

Matt was absolutely fantastic to work with! He met every request, even a song change the day before the wedding. He was very personable, and made all of the guests feel welcome. My husband and I were so incredibly happy! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2013

We had our wedding at the smithfield center and chris rice was beyond amazing!!!! Not only did he play the music for our ceremony and our dance reception, but i caught him with a broom and dustpan cleaning up spilled drinks on the dance floor, he asked us if we wanted drinks while taking pictures, and our guests said he went to each and every table and took song requests. They said they had never seen that and even wanted to hire him for a wedding all the way in new Jersey! He went beyond the job of a DJ, and i would never recommend anyone but him, now after this experience. I have seen and heard some bad experiences with djs, but you cant go wrong with this guy! Also, he is totally affordable with competitive prices, he also did our uplighting too, made the room look and sound amazing! Thank you so much chris!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Anna · Married on 12/29/2012

My husband and I would like to HIGHLY recommend Chris and Music Makes You Happy Entertainment. Chris is extremely professional and takes his job and role in your wedding/event seriously. He mapped out our entire wedding reception, which was an invaluable service, as were lost at the thought of making the timeline of the reception ourselves! He is dedicated to making sure you are happy and your event is a great success. Chris, hands down, made our wedding reception run exceptionally smoothly! All of our guests had a great time and raved about the song selections and "the voice", Chris. Chris was a pleasure to work with, and we recommend him for any event that would require a DJ!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Patrick · Married on 12/08/2012

We are extremely satisfied with the services provided by Music Makes You Happy Entertainment. Chris went above and beyond from our first contact to the day of the wedding. He was very responsive to our needs and wants and was always looking for ways to ensure we got what we wanted. I highly recommend Music Makes You Happy if you are looking for a highly professional DJ service that helps make your wedding reception a fun time for everyone.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Erin · Married on 11/17/2012

Chris Rice is the best wedding dj of all time. Full discolsure I have known/admired Chris for nearly a decade and when it was time to choose a wedding dj it was a total no brainer. Out of all the "vendors" we worked with Chris was the easiest. We did not require anything crazy because we werent doing anything tacky like a dollar dance or what not but he was perfect. Everyone commented to us about how much fun he was, and how he played something for everyone. He is professional, shows up well dressed and on time, and makes sure the party goes perfectly. He made sure the boys knew it was time to do toasts, he played everyones requests (Even the embarrassing ones), he even talked my mother off a ledge when she was freaking her freak. I could not imagine anyone else being my wedding dj, he was phenominal and I wish I could throw a big party every year and have him dj it. Could not recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

Our wedding was awesome thanks to this company! Everyone has not stopped talking about how great the music selection was for the ceremony and reception. I met Greg and Chris at a bridal show and right away I knew they were the right fit for us. They are both extremely professional but fun and easy going at the same time! You can really tell they care about and enjoy what they do. We had Greg as our DJ and he made the whole wedding planning process easy and fun. He met with us on several occasions to go over all the details. He really helped organize everthing so that the wedding was about us and what we wanted. We knew we could trust him and we didn’t need to tell him exactly what songs to play. The wedding was fun and unique thanks to him and he certainly went the extra mile with us.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/12/2012

He was very helpful the night of the reception and willing to go the extra mile to give us piece of mind that the night would go smoothly - he was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

Chris was awesome! We had an absolute blast at our wedding, and he went above and beyond our requests! We are so glad we used him for our wedding and will definitely recommend him to friends and family!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Matt was the DJ for our event and really rocked the party. Both his dress and setup were extremely professional. His announcements were also outstanding as well! We would refer anyone to their services!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Casey · Married on 09/08/2012

Chris,
    Thank you so much for making our wedding day super fun and run so smoothly. We really appreciate all your hard work as well as your creativity with our wedding slideshow. You went above and beyond the expectations of what a DJ normally does. We have recommended you to several friends and could not have been happier with your services. Thanks again! You rocked!
    Jon & Casey Trude

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2012

We *highly* recommend Chris! Look no further for your DJ.

Sent on 03/06/2013

I had a great experience everytime I met with Chris preceeding the wedding. I had total confidence in him and and he did a great job and had everyone on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/20/2012

Chris did an absolutely wonderful job at our wedding! The music was great and he kept the ceremony and reception flowing smoothly. He was also very reliable and reachable during the planning of our wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Raymond · Married on 07/08/2012

Chris is amazing! He made our wedding run so smooth and by the way he plays awesome music! The dance floor was full all night and we can not wait to attend another event where Chris is the DJ!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Kathleen · Married on 07/07/2012

I cannot say enough about how awesome Chris and his guys are. Our wedding reception lasted 6 hours and Chris made it into a huge dance party...everything we had hoped for! He is very professional, great with communication and has such an in depth planning process to make sure he has all the bases covered. If you want your guests to have a good time, Music Makes You Happy is the DJ to choose. He also did the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and everything was flawless. Chris even helped my dad and I pull of the surprise of the night with a secret father/daughter dance that Chris made us a montage of songs for. Book them...you will not be sorry!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Lacey G. · Married on 06/17/2012

Great to work with, easy to get in touch with and as always, made the event perfect!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Katelyn · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding. Chris met with us several times through the process. He had great ideas to help the guests relax and get into the spirit of the reception. We recommend Chris wholeheartedly!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Todd · Married on 05/19/2012

You don't see a lot of the grooms writing reviews on here, so I thought I'd give the groom's review for Chris.
    First, I should say that he was recommended to us by his wife at my friend's wife's bachelorette party. So I was immediately hesitant about the whole thing. In college, I worked in Student Activities and most times the DJs were the typical used car salesmen schmaltzy kind of guys you wouldn't ever want to hang out with. Then my (now) wife reminded me who Chris was.
    I was introduced to Chris at an engagement party for a friend through Chris' telling of his wedding night. Please have him tell the story to you. I'm still laughing about it. It is a lesson that when you get back to your hotel room on your wedding night, you lock the door.
    Chris doesn't fall into that typical DJ crowd. He isn't in the business to build his ego and he told us that from the beginning. He wants you to have the event you want and he's dedicated to making that happen. After we heard that, there was no more hesitation in either of our minds.
    We wanted an event that was traditional and yet reflected ourselves through the music and other subtle touches of the ceremony and reception. Being a huge movie fan, I really wanted to incorporate movie music into the prelude of the ceremony and the cocktail hour, which is not an easy task. Chris pulled it off though with selections from John Williams playing pre-ceremony it had the exact effect I wanted which was having the guys looking around saying they knew the songs. That poured into the cocktail hour too with songs from 10 Things I Hate About You and Finding Nemo. And when it was time to dance, the floor was packed. My nieces were supposed to go to sleep a little early, but even insisted to get back out on the dance floor because they "loved" the songs.
    Not many weddings have the Theme from Superman, Beyond the Sea from Finding Nemo, Living on A Prayer, Ice Ice Baby, and the Party Rock Anthem, yet Chris made it work seamlessly. Guests are still telling us how much fun they had.
    Chris had phone conference calls with us since we were in Northern VA. He also talked with our photographer and us before the wedding to work out the schedule of events. 5 stars just doesn't seem to be enough.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2012

Working with Chris at Music Makes you Happy Entertainment was a wonderful experience for us. Fromt he very beginning he was organized, and kept in contact with us until the wedding date to ensure he played the music we wanted, everything ran smoothly, etc. He also offered many suggestions that we would have never thought of. The day of the wedding went flawlessly, and he kept everyone up and dancing. I would absolutely recommend his services for all brides out there!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Katrina · Married on 05/13/2012

DJ Chris Rice was awesome! He made sure everything was taken care of for our wedding and kept our guests happy. He's not a cheezy entertainer, but a very professional DJ. He knew exactly what to play to get the feel we wanted, and he kept my guests dancing and partying. He made sure all the events of the evening flowed seamlessly for a perfect reception. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Alexis · Married on 05/12/2012

Awesome DJ!! Was extremely helpful with keeping everything orderly and timing things just right, and keeping all of us organized. Very professional and easy to work with!

Sent on 05/22/2012