Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

139 | Suffolk, VA

139 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Jennalee · Married on 04/26/2014

Chris was truly the best to work with! He is very quick to respond to any inquiries and called multiple times during the planning process to discuss plans for the wedding day. He also provides a really helpful personal online account that you can update throughout the planning process--request songs and write down key names, song choices, etc so it is kept in one place. He was wonderful on my big day and made our reception a memorable event! It was really a relief to have him there because I wasn't sure what kind of music to play; I had so many different age ranges present at my wedding and wasn't able to think of music that would make everyone happy, But Chris went around to introduce himself to all my guests during cocktail hour to get a feeling for the kind of music they liked and to take requests. Everybody loved him, had a blast, and danced the whole night, even my father! And the additional photobooth was worth every penny; it was a big hit among all my guests. I highly recommend Chris. He made our special day truly perfect.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Everything promised By Chris was fulfilled. Chris was always on time at each meeting we had prior my daughter's wedding. Chris was beyond what he had promised and the ceremony and reception were a great success thanks to Chris. Music Makes You Happy has excellent entertainment, our guests were very pleased with the quality of the event; the lights, photo-booth, games, wedding party entrance and the great finally were very special for everybody. Thank you Chris for making Yesika and Brian’s day so special, definitely their Wedding will be a day we will never forget! - Proud Mother of the Bride.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Melanie · Married on 11/16/2013

I just wanted to say that Chris at Music Makes You Happy is awesome!!! He was so professional, helpful, thoughtful, and I could just keep going on. He knows how to get the party started and keep it going. I had a situation come up the week of the wedding in which I didn't select a lot of the music for the ceremony and reception and put those decision in his hands and he selected the perfect music for each situation!! If you are ever in search of a DJ, up lighting rentals or a photo booth I would highly recommend contacting Chris. Thanks again for making our day truly amazing!! It was better then I ever could have imagined!

Sent on 11/19/2013

We went through Music Makes You Happy for DJ services and the groom's and father of the bride's tuxes. Chris was amazing. We had songs that most people problem wouldn't have thought to have in a wedding and he was able to obtain them with plenty of time to spare before the wedding. All we have to do was tell him the types of music for each part of the event and he did the rest. The transitions were great and the songs were even better. He even kept the schedule on track and if we needed to move something up or push something back, he could easily adjust the schedule. Highly recommend checking the vendor out for your big day!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Linda · Married on 10/26/2013

My daughter was recently married and our DJ was Matt. He met with us prior to the event twice and we spoke back and forth many times throughout the year with email. He is now a friend of the family! He did a wonderful job keeping the reception going . He has a timeline of events that he knows needs to happen and he keeps you on track. He is definitely a professional . We had many special request and my daughter was very specific with him with her request ! I can still picture my relatives and friends old and young out there dancing . With each song the dance floor was crowded , he new the crowd! Thank you again Matt for making this such a great and happy wedding !

Sent on 10/30/2013

This was a wonderful team of guys to work with. They were very helpful and friendly both through the planning process and on the day of. Our DJ played a perfect selection of music for our crowd and several guests commented it was the best DJ (wedding or otherwise) they had ever experienced. He was also very helpful with announcements and transitions (basically a really good master of ceremonies). We got up-lighting from this vendor as well and it looked beautiful in our setting. Overall we had a great experience and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome DJ. Price was good too!

Sent on 11/05/2013

alice · Married on 10/12/2013

Chris was the DJ at my daughter's wedding. He is wonderful!!! He was detailed oriented which kept everything on time and organized. He is polite and caring. This meant a lot to me because I wanted someone that would care if the bride and groom were pleased and not someone who would treat this as just another job. He truly puts his heart and soul into the event. Everyone had a great time. I give Chris and his company 5 stars for excellent service.
    Alice Wilkins
    Wilkins-Miller wedding and reception October 12, 2013

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this company. Chris was our DJ and he was fanastic. By far the best DJ I've ever seen at a wedding. He was very good at communication. When it gets closer to the wedding day he does an in-person meeting to develop the timeline, which was so helpful. At the wedding he got a good feel for the crowd and played songs that had people dancing all night. For ex, we asked him to not play any line dancing songs (Wobble, Cha-cha slide, etc) but those songs were what got people out there and he took notice and played them. Shoot, I was even dancing to them! I'm so glad that he made the executive decision to play them anyways. I loved how he was very low key (not yelling in the microphone or dragging ppl to the dance floor like some DJs), yet he interacted with the guests and really helped the party come to life. One of the best things about Chris is his "grand finale song" idea. If you don't like the spotlight you might be hesitant when he mentions this idea, but it is a MUST!! This was one of the top 3 best moments of the night!

Long story short, I HIGHLY recommend Music Makes You Happy Entertainment as your wedding (or other event) DJ!! One of the best decisions of my wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2013

stephanie · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I are SO happy that we hired Chris to DJ our wedding- we couldn't have picked a better DJ! I've never seen so many guests dancing for so long...his music selection and his DJing style were outstanding!! Chris was very professional and organized and we couldn't have picked someone better to DJ our event. Not only did he do a fantastic job, but he was very reasonably priced as well! I'd highly recommend Music Makes you Happy Entertainment to any bride and groom!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Matt Katherman did a phenomenal job for our wedding at the Founders Inn- would highly recommend him!!!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

David · Married on 08/31/2013

Chris did a remarkable job as the DJ and emcee at my daughter's wedding reception of nearly 300 people. Kept the crowd hopping and kept the evening moving along. Music was great; up-lighting was great and the photo booth was a nice touch. Thank you Chris for making our daughter's day that much more special! -- Proud Father of the Bride

Sent on 09/04/2013

Leah · Married on 08/04/2013

Matt was a great DJ for our wedding! My husband and I highly recommend him. I don't think that anyone else could beat his price! We saved more than half of what I had budgeted for a DJ.

We could tell that Matt truly loves DJ'ing weddings. He always got back to me right away with all my questions and thoughts, and I loved that he met with us at a local coffee shop before we signed the contract. Also since he had never DJ'ed at our reception venue, he met with me to tour the venue. It was so important that he see the reception venue. After seeing it, he knew exactly where he wanted to set up his equipment, both for the cocktail hour and the reception.

Matt also provided us with a very detailed form so we could get the music we wanted. I was very detailed in completing it and he had every song in there that I requested. We had a traditional Jewish wedding and needed hora music. We gave Matt a list of Jewish/Israeli songs and he created the perfect mix/mash-up of them. He has so many resources that we didn't have to provide him with any songs.

Matt also really added a lot of personal touches. He knew that I was a big Beatles fan and had "Something" as the last dance song and "Good Night" as the last song.

Again, great DJ. The music was perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Lea · Married on 08/03/2013

Chris and Matt were our DJ's for our wedding reception. From the first phone calls to the end of the reception we have been thrilled with them.
    Chris was very flexible and helpful. He was very professional on all aspects and he was fun to work with at the same time! We were able to get the entrance, the music, the games and the atmosphere just as we wanted.
    They both wore tuxedos, it was something really important to us and it showed their professionalism to the last detail!

Our guests complimented on "how good our DJs were" throughout the whole evening.
    I would definitely recommend Chris as a DJ to any bride and groom who want to have a successful and fun reception!

Thanks again for your hard work Chris!

Lea Beasley

Sent on 08/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/29/2013

Chris did a wonderful job at my wedding at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We had already booked a band - but I wanted a DJ as well to do the formal announcements, and to kind of be in charge of keeping the flow throughout the night. After getting countless estimates from DJ's that were extremely high I came across Music Makes You Happy with great reviews. He responded right away and was very flexible in making a package that was perfect for what we needed!! We met right away and we felt great about him. Our wedding reception was perfect!! He did a wonderful job of the announcements, and really kept the flow throughout the night to keep the guests updated on what was going on. I would HIGHLY recommend him as a DJ to anyone interested!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Leigh · Married on 05/11/2013

Great, great job! The music during the ceremony was perfect. The reception was tons of fun, everyone was on their feet dancing all night. I could not have asked for anything more. (I heard some of the guests were trying to bribe you to play longer.) Too bad we had to be out of the location by 11. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. You definitely connected with the crowd and played music which kept everyone involved.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Tiffany · Married on 04/12/2013

Chris was SO awesome. He was so nice, and helpful when we first met with him that we knew immediately that we wanted to work with him. Once we had booked him, he had a great website that made it easy for both of us to know what we wanted on that day. The day of the wedding was great, he made sure the day went how we both wanted, and made sure we were having fun as well. Our day went so so perfectly, and a big part of that was having Chris as our DJ. We will be hiring him for any parties we have in the future. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Kristen · Married on 03/30/2013

Matt was absolutely fantastic to work with! He met every request, even a song change the day before the wedding. He was very personable, and made all of the guests feel welcome. My husband and I were so incredibly happy! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2013

We had our wedding at the smithfield center and chris rice was beyond amazing!!!! Not only did he play the music for our ceremony and our dance reception, but i caught him with a broom and dustpan cleaning up spilled drinks on the dance floor, he asked us if we wanted drinks while taking pictures, and our guests said he went to each and every table and took song requests. They said they had never seen that and even wanted to hire him for a wedding all the way in new Jersey! He went beyond the job of a DJ, and i would never recommend anyone but him, now after this experience. I have seen and heard some bad experiences with djs, but you cant go wrong with this guy! Also, he is totally affordable with competitive prices, he also did our uplighting too, made the room look and sound amazing! Thank you so much chris!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Anna · Married on 12/29/2012

My husband and I would like to HIGHLY recommend Chris and Music Makes You Happy Entertainment. Chris is extremely professional and takes his job and role in your wedding/event seriously. He mapped out our entire wedding reception, which was an invaluable service, as were lost at the thought of making the timeline of the reception ourselves! He is dedicated to making sure you are happy and your event is a great success. Chris, hands down, made our wedding reception run exceptionally smoothly! All of our guests had a great time and raved about the song selections and "the voice", Chris. Chris was a pleasure to work with, and we recommend him for any event that would require a DJ!

Sent on 01/19/2013

Patrick · Married on 12/08/2012

We are extremely satisfied with the services provided by Music Makes You Happy Entertainment. Chris went above and beyond from our first contact to the day of the wedding. He was very responsive to our needs and wants and was always looking for ways to ensure we got what we wanted. I highly recommend Music Makes You Happy if you are looking for a highly professional DJ service that helps make your wedding reception a fun time for everyone.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Erin · Married on 11/17/2012

Chris Rice is the best wedding dj of all time. Full discolsure I have known/admired Chris for nearly a decade and when it was time to choose a wedding dj it was a total no brainer. Out of all the "vendors" we worked with Chris was the easiest. We did not require anything crazy because we werent doing anything tacky like a dollar dance or what not but he was perfect. Everyone commented to us about how much fun he was, and how he played something for everyone. He is professional, shows up well dressed and on time, and makes sure the party goes perfectly. He made sure the boys knew it was time to do toasts, he played everyones requests (Even the embarrassing ones), he even talked my mother off a ledge when she was freaking her freak. I could not imagine anyone else being my wedding dj, he was phenominal and I wish I could throw a big party every year and have him dj it. Could not recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

Our wedding was awesome thanks to this company! Everyone has not stopped talking about how great the music selection was for the ceremony and reception. I met Greg and Chris at a bridal show and right away I knew they were the right fit for us. They are both extremely professional but fun and easy going at the same time! You can really tell they care about and enjoy what they do. We had Greg as our DJ and he made the whole wedding planning process easy and fun. He met with us on several occasions to go over all the details. He really helped organize everthing so that the wedding was about us and what we wanted. We knew we could trust him and we didn’t need to tell him exactly what songs to play. The wedding was fun and unique thanks to him and he certainly went the extra mile with us.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/12/2012

He was very helpful the night of the reception and willing to go the extra mile to give us piece of mind that the night would go smoothly - he was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

Chris was awesome! We had an absolute blast at our wedding, and he went above and beyond our requests! We are so glad we used him for our wedding and will definitely recommend him to friends and family!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Matt was the DJ for our event and really rocked the party. Both his dress and setup were extremely professional. His announcements were also outstanding as well! We would refer anyone to their services!

Sent on 08/02/2014