Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

151 | Suffolk, VA

151 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

• User4862073 · 2+ years ago

DJ Chris was awesome! He provided fantastic entertainment throughout the wedding and was a terrific emcee. He is a professional in every way. He met with me and my fiance to get a sense of what we wanted and our personalities. He helped guide us in our planning, but also gave us total freedom to incorporate non-traditional details into our wedding.

I really loved the online planning website Chris uses. My fiance and I could play "DJ" in advance and hand-pick all the music we wanted to be played. I requested a lot of tracks, and Chris's expert musical selections filled in the rest.

On the day of, he came early with plenty of time to set up the ceremony area and the reception space, which were both at the Founders Inn and Spa. We had 3 different music selections just for the ceremony processional, and he nailed every cue. The timing was perfect. Music cues during the ceremony were on-point as well. No awkward silences or technical difficulties!

The reception was so much fun, and Chris had great suggestions for special dances and music. We incorporated his idea for an anniversary dance into our reception, and it was such a special feature! Definitely one of my favorite parts of the reception.

He kept the reception running on time, and created smooth transitions between all the activities and special dances. As an emcee, he has a great voice, personality, and sense of humor. Kept our guests entertained!

I will definitely recommend Chris to any friends planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 12/27/2014

Matt was INCREDIBLE! All of our guests raved that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and Matt was completely and entirely responsible for that! I ran out of time and didn't get to pick but a handful of song selections before the big day. But no worries! Matt totally picked up on the vibe we were going for and every single song he played was like I had hand picked it. The lighting was incredible and I can't believe he managed to set up the entire venue all by himself. He's like superman. I've been to a dozen other weddings where the DJ just stands at his table and plays the same old tired songs, but Matt actually walked around and ran the entire show. Everyone had a blast and everything ran smoothly and its entirely because of how awesome and incredible Matt is!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/20/2014

There is no way to describe how truly awesome Chris & Matt are. They are so helpful right from the start & they want to be as involved as you need them to be. Matt was the DJ for our wedding & he was outstanding. He was attentive to all of our tastes and interests, and he used them to create a personalized, unique playlist that fit our style better than I ever could have expected! He was gracious to our guests, and he could not have been more wonderful to us. If you want a DJ that isn't a cliche, and really cares about you as a couple than look no further! Also the photobooth was a hit! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Matt was the DJ for our wedding, and he was phenomenal!

Prior to the wedding, he was responsive to all of our requests, drafted a timeline for the day(without us asking--VERY nice!), and was unbelievably helpful in getting all of our music selections in line, cutting songs to make them work, etc.

The day of the wedding, he made sure our guests had a great time. Our song selections were important to us, and he made sure all the song cuts and transitions flowed smoothly. He did a great job hosting and introducing everyone. No name butchering or awkward pauses or weird music. Come reception time, we wanted a big dance party and that's exactly what we got. A great mix of songs we requested along with others that fit perfectly.

Most importantly, Matt was just fun! Funny, little quirky, but a blast! He's definitely a pro, but you always felt like your wedding was the most important part of his job. Would definitely work with Chris and Matt again if we had to do it over.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/26/2014

Amazing does not even begin to describe Chris. Amazing DJ, and plays amazing mixes based on your tastes. He helped so much with the planning and timing of events, truly made our day perfect. We also got the photo booth which was amazing he was beyond helpful. The photo booth was a hit. Chris also helped with our Tuxedo orders, and everything was perfect. We had so many people in the bridal party come up and compliment him, as well as other guests attending the wedding. Thank you so much Chris, you are awesome.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Amber · Married on 07/19/2014

Chris was incredible. We had quite a few special requests, such as a special mix for the bride and father dance. He made the best possible mix, and played all of our requested songs just like we asked. The photo booth was incredible, I have guests still talking about it! I will definitely be recommending him in the future!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Chris did an awesome job and I would highly recommend him! He was extremely helpful in the planning process, especially when setting up a timeline. He was the DJ, MC, and provided a photo booth and lighting. The room looked great and the photo booth was a hit among adults and kids alike! Chris did an excellent job reading the crowd and playing the right music. Several of our guests complimented on his ability to seamlessly do so many things. He was able to add the right amount of humor and great ideas for getting people dancing!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jill · Married on 07/05/2014

Chris was so professional and goes above and beyond the call of duty. I recommend his business to every engaged friend! Chris does an excellent job of getting a feel for the room and always makes sure you're comfortable and have what you need. The best DJ in the 757 hands down!!!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Karla · Married on 06/28/2014

The best! Amazing! All positive adjectives! Chris is amazing! Great music selection, read us and the guests so well and kept us all singing and dancing all night long! Chris was so attentive and helpful the entire night! He also helped guide me to make decisions regarding ceremony music. Seriously the best!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Music Makes You Happy has a great wedding planning tool where I could pick out the music I wanted played and add songs for special dances and events (such as the garter and bouquet tosses).

We had Matt as our DJ and he was great! I do not live in the area I had my wedding, and he was really great about meeting with me over Skype to plan the wedding. The day of the wedding, some of the bridal party was late getting to the reception (due to a location mix up), and he kept all of the guests happily entertained until we were ready for our entrance. He played slower songs during dinner, and then he kicked it up to party mode! Everyone had a great time dancing! It was so much fun!

All of the lights around the dance floor were great too! We also got the uplighting package, and it was really worth it! It added a lot to the reception hall! I definitely recommend Matt from Music Makes You Happy!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

I had the pleasure of working w. Matt from the Music Makes You Happy team. Matt was so great to work with, he was incredibly responsive both via email and phone and the day of the wedding he was on top of everything! He made sure the entire reception was dancing to a mix of songs that my husband and I selected as well as songs that he thought would would keep the party going. He checked in w. both my husband and myself throughout the night to make sure that we were happy with what we were hearing and remained attentive to both our reactions and the crowds- if there seemed to be even the slightest indication that a song wasn't as well received as others he was pro and seamlessly transitioned to the next one. I can't recommend Matt highly enough-- you want him to DJ your wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jennalee · Married on 04/26/2014

Chris was truly the best to work with! He is very quick to respond to any inquiries and called multiple times during the planning process to discuss plans for the wedding day. He also provides a really helpful personal online account that you can update throughout the planning process--request songs and write down key names, song choices, etc so it is kept in one place. He was wonderful on my big day and made our reception a memorable event! It was really a relief to have him there because I wasn't sure what kind of music to play; I had so many different age ranges present at my wedding and wasn't able to think of music that would make everyone happy, But Chris went around to introduce himself to all my guests during cocktail hour to get a feeling for the kind of music they liked and to take requests. Everybody loved him, had a blast, and danced the whole night, even my father! And the additional photobooth was worth every penny; it was a big hit among all my guests. I highly recommend Chris. He made our special day truly perfect.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Everything promised By Chris was fulfilled. Chris was always on time at each meeting we had prior my daughter's wedding. Chris was beyond what he had promised and the ceremony and reception were a great success thanks to Chris. Music Makes You Happy has excellent entertainment, our guests were very pleased with the quality of the event; the lights, photo-booth, games, wedding party entrance and the great finally were very special for everybody. Thank you Chris for making Yesika and Brian’s day so special, definitely their Wedding will be a day we will never forget! - Proud Mother of the Bride.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Melanie · Married on 11/16/2013

I just wanted to say that Chris at Music Makes You Happy is awesome!!! He was so professional, helpful, thoughtful, and I could just keep going on. He knows how to get the party started and keep it going. I had a situation come up the week of the wedding in which I didn't select a lot of the music for the ceremony and reception and put those decision in his hands and he selected the perfect music for each situation!! If you are ever in search of a DJ, up lighting rentals or a photo booth I would highly recommend contacting Chris. Thanks again for making our day truly amazing!! It was better then I ever could have imagined!

Sent on 11/19/2013

We went through Music Makes You Happy for DJ services and the groom's and father of the bride's tuxes. Chris was amazing. We had songs that most people problem wouldn't have thought to have in a wedding and he was able to obtain them with plenty of time to spare before the wedding. All we have to do was tell him the types of music for each part of the event and he did the rest. The transitions were great and the songs were even better. He even kept the schedule on track and if we needed to move something up or push something back, he could easily adjust the schedule. Highly recommend checking the vendor out for your big day!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Linda · Married on 10/26/2013

My daughter was recently married and our DJ was Matt. He met with us prior to the event twice and we spoke back and forth many times throughout the year with email. He is now a friend of the family! He did a wonderful job keeping the reception going . He has a timeline of events that he knows needs to happen and he keeps you on track. He is definitely a professional . We had many special request and my daughter was very specific with him with her request ! I can still picture my relatives and friends old and young out there dancing . With each song the dance floor was crowded , he new the crowd! Thank you again Matt for making this such a great and happy wedding !

Sent on 10/30/2013

This was a wonderful team of guys to work with. They were very helpful and friendly both through the planning process and on the day of. Our DJ played a perfect selection of music for our crowd and several guests commented it was the best DJ (wedding or otherwise) they had ever experienced. He was also very helpful with announcements and transitions (basically a really good master of ceremonies). We got up-lighting from this vendor as well and it looked beautiful in our setting. Overall we had a great experience and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome DJ. Price was good too!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Alice · Married on 10/12/2013

Chris was the DJ at my daughter's wedding. He is wonderful!!! He was detailed oriented which kept everything on time and organized. He is polite and caring. This meant a lot to me because I wanted someone that would care if the bride and groom were pleased and not someone who would treat this as just another job. He truly puts his heart and soul into the event. Everyone had a great time. I give Chris and his company 5 stars for excellent service.
    Alice Wilkins
    Wilkins-Miller wedding and reception October 12, 2013

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this company. Chris was our DJ and he was fanastic. By far the best DJ I've ever seen at a wedding. He was very good at communication. When it gets closer to the wedding day he does an in-person meeting to develop the timeline, which was so helpful. At the wedding he got a good feel for the crowd and played songs that had people dancing all night. For ex, we asked him to not play any line dancing songs (Wobble, Cha-cha slide, etc) but those songs were what got people out there and he took notice and played them. Shoot, I was even dancing to them! I'm so glad that he made the executive decision to play them anyways. I loved how he was very low key (not yelling in the microphone or dragging ppl to the dance floor like some DJs), yet he interacted with the guests and really helped the party come to life. One of the best things about Chris is his "grand finale song" idea. If you don't like the spotlight you might be hesitant when he mentions this idea, but it is a MUST!! This was one of the top 3 best moments of the night!

Long story short, I HIGHLY recommend Music Makes You Happy Entertainment as your wedding (or other event) DJ!! One of the best decisions of my wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I are SO happy that we hired Chris to DJ our wedding- we couldn't have picked a better DJ! I've never seen so many guests dancing for so long...his music selection and his DJing style were outstanding!! Chris was very professional and organized and we couldn't have picked someone better to DJ our event. Not only did he do a fantastic job, but he was very reasonably priced as well! I'd highly recommend Music Makes you Happy Entertainment to any bride and groom!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Matt Katherman did a phenomenal job for our wedding at the Founders Inn- would highly recommend him!!!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

David · Married on 08/31/2013

Chris did a remarkable job as the DJ and emcee at my daughter's wedding reception of nearly 300 people. Kept the crowd hopping and kept the evening moving along. Music was great; up-lighting was great and the photo booth was a nice touch. Thank you Chris for making our daughter's day that much more special! -- Proud Father of the Bride

Sent on 09/04/2013

Leah · Married on 08/04/2013

Matt was a great DJ for our wedding! My husband and I highly recommend him. I don't think that anyone else could beat his price! We saved more than half of what I had budgeted for a DJ.

We could tell that Matt truly loves DJ'ing weddings. He always got back to me right away with all my questions and thoughts, and I loved that he met with us at a local coffee shop before we signed the contract. Also since he had never DJ'ed at our reception venue, he met with me to tour the venue. It was so important that he see the reception venue. After seeing it, he knew exactly where he wanted to set up his equipment, both for the cocktail hour and the reception.

Matt also provided us with a very detailed form so we could get the music we wanted. I was very detailed in completing it and he had every song in there that I requested. We had a traditional Jewish wedding and needed hora music. We gave Matt a list of Jewish/Israeli songs and he created the perfect mix/mash-up of them. He has so many resources that we didn't have to provide him with any songs.

Matt also really added a lot of personal touches. He knew that I was a big Beatles fan and had "Something" as the last dance song and "Good Night" as the last song.

Again, great DJ. The music was perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Lea · Married on 08/03/2013

Chris and Matt were our DJ's for our wedding reception. From the first phone calls to the end of the reception we have been thrilled with them.
    Chris was very flexible and helpful. He was very professional on all aspects and he was fun to work with at the same time! We were able to get the entrance, the music, the games and the atmosphere just as we wanted.
    They both wore tuxedos, it was something really important to us and it showed their professionalism to the last detail!

Our guests complimented on "how good our DJs were" throughout the whole evening.
    I would definitely recommend Chris as a DJ to any bride and groom who want to have a successful and fun reception!

Thanks again for your hard work Chris!

Lea Beasley

Sent on 08/29/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/29/2013

Chris did a wonderful job at my wedding at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We had already booked a band - but I wanted a DJ as well to do the formal announcements, and to kind of be in charge of keeping the flow throughout the night. After getting countless estimates from DJ's that were extremely high I came across Music Makes You Happy with great reviews. He responded right away and was very flexible in making a package that was perfect for what we needed!! We met right away and we felt great about him. Our wedding reception was perfect!! He did a wonderful job of the announcements, and really kept the flow throughout the night to keep the guests updated on what was going on. I would HIGHLY recommend him as a DJ to anyone interested!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013