Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

151 | Suffolk, VA

151 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Nina · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris and his team are amazing. We fell in love with him we did he did my sister's wedding this time last year and knew we had to have him for our celebration as well! When the ballroom where our reception was wouldn't allow our initial vision of lights hanging from the ceiling, Chris went to work and delivered a gorgeous setup of lights around the dance floor that definitely made our reception space warm and inviting. He was so great with working with us regarding music and introductions and had everyone on the dance floor literally the whole night. We had several people tell us the only bad thing about our wedding was the dance floor wasn't big enough! Chris takes such huge pride in making sure everyone is having the best time and we could not have asked for a better person to be a part of our wedding. The photobooth was such a hit also and we love the pictures of everyone with the props! I wish we could have a wedding every year just so Chris could do our party!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

Chris was amazing! From our first conversation he made things easy and meaningful. He gave us great ideas not only for music but also for the flow of the reception and added in fun activities to keep people engaged.
    The night of the reception went better than we could have imagined. The structure he provided kept the evening flowing perfectly. He knew how to select songs that people liked and would dance to. He checked in with the families to be sure we were happy all the time.
    I can't say enough about how very happy we were with this DJ! THE BEST!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Karen · Married on 06/10/2017

Chris did an excellent job planning our timeline and making sure we knew how the night would go. The music was great mixture and everyone was up dancing! We had the best night ever! Thank you Chris, you are right- Music Makes You Happy!!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Shannon · Married on 01/06/2017

"Music Makes You Happy," is an awesome company especially for weddings and they certainly know how to throw a great party. Chris, is not only a professional DJ, he is also an excellent Coordinator/Wedding planner. He is professional, organized and knows how to keep a crowd on their feet. This is not your normal DJ company that just plays a gig, collects the money and leaves. This company brings excellent customer service, great character with a caring heart. Our wedding was moved a day earlier because of a blizzard on 1/6/17. Without hesitation Chris, was at our venue setting up in a matter of an hour. He stayed through a blizzard to help make sure our wedding was perfect in every little detail. Chris, even offered to put together a picture slideshow choreographed to our song of choice for a father and mother remember the dance during our wedding. Chris, is always a step ahead of you because he is just that GOOD! I would like to thank Chris, and the staff of, "Music Makes You Happy" for making the Bishop Wedding, the best day possible for us. There prices are reasonable and most importantly the professionalism is worth every cent! :-) Book them for your next event, because you would be crazy not too!!!!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Michael · Married on 12/10/2016

Our advice would be....don't give it another thought!!!! Book him!!!! NOW! Our youngest daughter was married on December 10th and Chris rocked the reception!!!! We love him so much, he is doing our other daughter's wedding in September!!!!! Not only is he great at what he does, he's just a superb individual! You can tell he truly loves what he does and really does what to make you happy!!!! Which is why we totally get the name of his company!!!! MUSIC MAKES YOU HAPPY ENTERTAINMENT!!! He knows just what to play to make you happy!!! Don't hesitate one more second! Book him!!! NOW!!!!! Michael and Nanette Copley

Sent on 01/18/2017

Megan · Married on 10/14/2016

Mike was outstanding, he was very flexible and wonderful with keeping the party going. I will absolutely be using him in the future for any occasions.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Chaz · Married on 09/10/2016

It’s intimidating picking a DJ for your wedding. You can read reviews but it’s hard to pick without something tangible to compare to other vendors. Everyone is different and dancing was important to us for our wedding ceremony. Music Makes You Happy was one of the best choices we could have made.

Not only are they extremely friendly and helpful to work with but they have an online account for each of their clients so you can guide the direction of the music. You fill out a little questionnaire where you share bits about what types of music you like and what you’re looking for from the wedding reception and then you can get started picking songs! They have a massive selection (including top 100 most popular wedding songs in different genres) and if you want to hear a song that they don’t have, just request it and they can track it down for you! Most importantly they have a “Do Not Play” list so you can avoid any songs that get on your nerves.

We have a dancing crowd and our DJ Brad kept everyone on the floor for over 3 hours! If dancing is important to you and you don’t want a dud DJ killing the wedding buzz then Music Makes You Happy is for you.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Dana · Married on 09/03/2016

Chris is AMAZING! I had a very last minute request for a song that would play after my husband and I said our vows and he got it in!! He was very professional and worked the floor very well!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/28/2016

Music Makes You Happy is a wonderful vendor to work with. I talked with Chris pretty extensively before hiring, and my favorite part about this vendor is that they are actually WILLING TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE! That was a big deal to me, because it seemed like I was playing email tag with all my other vendors constantly, especially because we now live in Raleigh. Anyway, Matt Kasherman ended up doing our wedding, and he did an excellent job. He was totally cool to just feel out the flow of the wedding, and decide when to do what based on what was happening. He was not at all worried about sticking to a strict schedule (nor were we), but we could look out to the crowd and say "okay, we need to liven it up a bit, let's do some dancing". If you are completely clueless on managing big events like I was, their MC services are definitely a must-do! 10/10 would hire/recommend again!

Sent on 06/08/2016
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/14/2016

Chris was great, everyone danced the entire night! I was indecisive about uplighting and he accommodated my request later than he should've. He was well prepared in setting up and has a ton of experience. Not everyone can DJ a wedding and do a great job, he's well spoken and knows the right amount of mic time! Thank you!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Marlena · Married on 02/06/2016

We had the opportunity of have LaDel as our DJ for my grandparents 60th Anniversary Celebration. He made the event so much fun and went above and beyond our expectations! He definitely helped make the event a memorable one! -Marlena

Sent on 06/12/2018

Amy · Married on 12/13/2015

Chris was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with from the start. I met him years ago at a wedding and loved his “calm energy” and organization. Working with him was a breeze, as his online system perfectly sets up the wedding schedule and the music selection process is very user friendly. I played tons of family favorites that aren’t heard often (Arthur Godfrey’s “Too Fat Polka” – to name one - my Papaw used to sing that to me), and he was able to get all of my selections. Onsite, he helped manage a mini-crisis that was totally not his responsibility – the cake wasn’t there with ten minutes before the ceremony! He calmly took charge (so we didn’t have to), and our guests were none the wiser. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/14/2015

Absolutely loved working with everyone on this team. From meeting face to face with Chris, to having a phone conference with Matt, and getting to enjoy DJ Brad on my wedding day we loved them all! And the photobooth was probably the best thing I could have had at my wedding! Totally worth it!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Laura B. · Married on 11/14/2015

Chris and Matt were absolutely fantastic! We first met Chris in February with our wedding planner, Crystal. My mom wanted to hire him on the spot!

Our DJ was Matt, and from the moment I met him in April, I knew our reception was going to be a blast! He was so personable and emphasized that he would do absolutely everything to make sure we were thrilled and having an awesome time during our party.

At our reception, he absolutely delivered. He kept coming to Al and I, asking if everything was going well. He even came to us and discussed moving some of the timeline around to make sure most of our guests would see the cake cutting and bouquet/garter tosses. He was amazing!

We loved that we were able to pick our priority and preferred music with MMYH's database ahead of time. Al and I had so much fun doing that! It seems like they have every song known to man!

Both during and after the wedding, many people asked us if Matt was a personal friend of ours, because he was so personable with us. We consider him to be a wonderful friend now!

MMYH is one of the best entertainment services around. They have the most up-to-date equipment available. They have a subtle, yet professional, set-up. The sound is kicking! Most of all, MMYH allows hours of extra time before the event to account for traffic, equipment failures, and so on, to make sure that their crew is there, tested, and ready to go, hours before your event is scheduled to start!

Check them out - You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2015

Chris from Music Makes You Happy Entertainment was the DJ at my wedding, and he did a fantastic job!! I had a small wedding, but he kept people dancing all night! He was easy to work with and communicate with, and I was very lucky to find him!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • User4652006 · 2+ years ago

Music Makes You Happy was the biggest pleasure to work with. Matt DJ'd our wedding and he went above and beyond what we could ever ask from him. He helped us plan the perfect playlist for both our ceremony and reception. He was available to meet and discuss our wedding whenever we were able, and he even suggested extra meetings on his on to ensure everything was to our liking. He was an extreme help with maintaining the flow of our wedding, even when rain delayed the ceremony. He stayed in constant contact with guests to keep them happy. We couldn't be happier with our selection!

Sent on 10/03/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2015

Chris went above and beyond our expectations on our wedding day! What starting as a beautiful June morning ended with a tornado warning and torrential downpours during our outdoor reception. Our day of timeline had major last minute changes due to the weather. Chris handled all of the changes with ease. He is very detailed oriented and professional. He played all of our requested songs, didn't play any of our "do not play" songs & helped us brainstorm a last minute exit plan when the weather caused our original plan to fall through.
    Without Chris, our reception would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Music Makes You Happy is well worth the money!

Sent on 03/22/2016

100% worth the money and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Chris was our DJ and he did an amazing job. He played my required list but broke it up with a great array of music. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor and give my husband and I an amazing experience. Even after the night was over, he did a great job with just a few of us there and just had fun with it. We loved having him and think he was amazing for the price. We are really happy with how our wedding turned out and he is one of the reasons.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Laurie · Married on 06/20/2015

Chris was amazing! He was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. I was really nervous because I had been to weddings where the DJ gets too involved with the party, but Chris never did. He made sure everyone was comfortable and played the right music at the right time. The photobooth was AWESOME! I had a lot of guests enjoy that! I did as well... :) The uplighting was perfect. It really set the mood in the room. The tuxedo situation was a little stressful, with items missing the day before, but I still gave Chris 5 stars because he really did come through in the end. If you are looking for a DJ with a smooth voice, then Chris is your guy!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Chris & Matt at Music Makes You Happy were simply amazing. I will never be able to thank them enough. If you are looking to have a unique, personalized, and really fun wedding, these are your guys!! First of all, their personalized, online event planning website made it super easy to request songs and let them know about special requests, event timeline, etc. Matt was simply amazing as our DJ. I cannot give him enough praise. First of all, he was a great MC, letting everyone know what was going on and helped keep us on track as well without being obtrusive or cheesey. He really appreciated our taste in music and understood perfectly the type wedding reception we wanted. I cannot tell you the number of our guests that requested his playlist for our reception. Everyone, young & old were up on the dance floor all night. If you are having an event in the area & don't hire Matt & Chris, you are really missing out!!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jasmine · Married on 05/31/2015

We had Matt DJ at our wedding over the weekend and it was AMAZING!! He was very flexible and open to suggestions to help make our day even better. He did a great job with filling in the gaps on our music playlist & played songs that made people feel good. He didn't just stay behind his booth the whole night, but made it important to come to us and ask our opinions. He was very professional & friendly to ALL our guests! I would totally use his services again in the future & recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for an event. You can't go wrong with Matt!

- Jasmine Lynch

Sent on 06/02/2015

Miranda · Married on 05/24/2015

Chris was our DJ at our wedding, and we are so glad he was. He was a great resource as we were planning the event - he had some wonderful tips regarding the timeline, and he suggested some activities that we really enjoyed on the day of the wedding. We also really appreciated that he was able to do several different things for us - he did our lighting, set up a photo booth, and supplied Jeremy’s tux. We don't live in the area, so we were also very grateful about his flexibility when scheduling planning sessions. Finally, he did a fantastic job during the wedding. He kept the event flowing nicely, was very attentive to our guests, and incorporated so many of the songs we and our families requested. Everyone told us they had a great time, which was the most important thing to us. We really appreciate everything Chris added to the event!

-Miranda & Jeremy, May '15

Sent on 06/25/2015

Sylvia · Married on 04/12/2015

DJ Chris was amazing on my wedding day! He knew exactly what to play and when to play it. I received several phone calls asking me who the DJ was. The dance floor was packed all night and Chris definitely kept the party going. I recommend him for any occasion he is the best!

Sent on 04/19/2015

Janine · Married on 04/11/2015

We met with four DJs in total but the decision was easy once we had met Chris Rice who, incidentally, also came recommended by our venue. From our initial meeting with Chris we found him extremely easy to work with. We explained the type of wedding reception we wanted (fun, energetic, laid back and not overly formal) and it seemed like that fit his style well. There were certain things that many couples do that we didn't want, like the grand entrance and line dances, and he always took his time to think about how best to direct the evening in the fashion that we wanted. Chris has a great website that couples have access to once you have booked with him and it allows you to electronically create playlists. He had a huge catalogue of music and was able to provide a couple of songs for the wedding day that weren't immediately available in his online catalogue without a problem. We had a conference call with him about a month out from the wedding to go over all of the final details and he did a wonderful job turning our vision into a perfect wedding night. Chris also provided a photo booth and uplighting as part of our package. These were nice bonuses that I wouldn't have necessarily sought out independently. The photo booth in particular was a big hit with our guests. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone that is looking for a classy DJ for their event.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Rebecca · Married on 01/24/2015

Chris was AWESOME!! He was incredible at reading the room and selecting which music to play to get people up and moving. His website questionnaire made it easy for us to communicate all the details with him. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 09/05/2016