Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

139 | Suffolk, VA

139 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Amy · Married on 12/13/2015

Chris was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with from the start. I met him years ago at a wedding and loved his “calm energy” and organization. Working with him was a breeze, as his online system perfectly sets up the wedding schedule and the music selection process is very user friendly. I played tons of family favorites that aren’t heard often (Arthur Godfrey’s “Too Fat Polka” – to name one - my Papaw used to sing that to me), and he was able to get all of my selections. Onsite, he helped manage a mini-crisis that was totally not his responsibility – the cake wasn’t there with ten minutes before the ceremony! He calmly took charge (so we didn’t have to), and our guests were none the wiser. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/14/2015

Absolutely loved working with everyone on this team. From meeting face to face with Chris, to having a phone conference with Matt, and getting to enjoy DJ Brad on my wedding day we loved them all! And the photobooth was probably the best thing I could have had at my wedding! Totally worth it!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Laura Beth · Married on 11/14/2015

Chris and Matt were absolutely fantastic! We first met Chris in February with our wedding planner, Crystal. My mom wanted to hire him on the spot!

Our DJ was Matt, and from the moment I met him in April, I knew our reception was going to be a blast! He was so personable and emphasized that he would do absolutely everything to make sure we were thrilled and having an awesome time during our party.

At our reception, he absolutely delivered. He kept coming to Al and I, asking if everything was going well. He even came to us and discussed moving some of the timeline around to make sure most of our guests would see the cake cutting and bouquet/garter tosses. He was amazing!

We loved that we were able to pick our priority and preferred music with MMYH's database ahead of time. Al and I had so much fun doing that! It seems like they have every song known to man!

Both during and after the wedding, many people asked us if Matt was a personal friend of ours, because he was so personable with us. We consider him to be a wonderful friend now!

MMYH is one of the best entertainment services around. They have the most up-to-date equipment available. They have a subtle, yet professional, set-up. The sound is kicking! Most of all, MMYH allows hours of extra time before the event to account for traffic, equipment failures, and so on, to make sure that their crew is there, tested, and ready to go, hours before your event is scheduled to start!

Check them out - You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2015

Chris from Music Makes You Happy Entertainment was the DJ at my wedding, and he did a fantastic job!! I had a small wedding, but he kept people dancing all night! He was easy to work with and communicate with, and I was very lucky to find him!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • User4652006 · 2+ years ago

Music Makes You Happy was the biggest pleasure to work with. Matt DJ'd our wedding and he went above and beyond what we could ever ask from him. He helped us plan the perfect playlist for both our ceremony and reception. He was available to meet and discuss our wedding whenever we were able, and he even suggested extra meetings on his on to ensure everything was to our liking. He was an extreme help with maintaining the flow of our wedding, even when rain delayed the ceremony. He stayed in constant contact with guests to keep them happy. We couldn't be happier with our selection!

Sent on 10/03/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2015

Chris went above and beyond our expectations on our wedding day! What starting as a beautiful June morning ended with a tornado warning and torrential downpours during our outdoor reception. Our day of timeline had major last minute changes due to the weather. Chris handled all of the changes with ease. He is very detailed oriented and professional. He played all of our requested songs, didn't play any of our "do not play" songs & helped us brainstorm a last minute exit plan when the weather caused our original plan to fall through.
    Without Chris, our reception would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Music Makes You Happy is well worth the money!

Sent on 03/22/2016

100% worth the money and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Chris was our DJ and he did an amazing job. He played my required list but broke it up with a great array of music. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor and give my husband and I an amazing experience. Even after the night was over, he did a great job with just a few of us there and just had fun with it. We loved having him and think he was amazing for the price. We are really happy with how our wedding turned out and he is one of the reasons.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Laurie · Married on 06/20/2015

Chris was amazing! He was exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. I was really nervous because I had been to weddings where the DJ gets too involved with the party, but Chris never did. He made sure everyone was comfortable and played the right music at the right time. The photobooth was AWESOME! I had a lot of guests enjoy that! I did as well... :) The uplighting was perfect. It really set the mood in the room. The tuxedo situation was a little stressful, with items missing the day before, but I still gave Chris 5 stars because he really did come through in the end. If you are looking for a DJ with a smooth voice, then Chris is your guy!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Chris & Matt at Music Makes You Happy were simply amazing. I will never be able to thank them enough. If you are looking to have a unique, personalized, and really fun wedding, these are your guys!! First of all, their personalized, online event planning website made it super easy to request songs and let them know about special requests, event timeline, etc. Matt was simply amazing as our DJ. I cannot give him enough praise. First of all, he was a great MC, letting everyone know what was going on and helped keep us on track as well without being obtrusive or cheesey. He really appreciated our taste in music and understood perfectly the type wedding reception we wanted. I cannot tell you the number of our guests that requested his playlist for our reception. Everyone, young & old were up on the dance floor all night. If you are having an event in the area & don't hire Matt & Chris, you are really missing out!!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jasmine · Married on 05/31/2015

We had Matt DJ at our wedding over the weekend and it was AMAZING!! He was very flexible and open to suggestions to help make our day even better. He did a great job with filling in the gaps on our music playlist & played songs that made people feel good. He didn't just stay behind his booth the whole night, but made it important to come to us and ask our opinions. He was very professional & friendly to ALL our guests! I would totally use his services again in the future & recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for an event. You can't go wrong with Matt!

- Jasmine Lynch

Sent on 06/02/2015

Miranda · Married on 05/24/2015

Chris was our DJ at our wedding, and we are so glad he was. He was a great resource as we were planning the event - he had some wonderful tips regarding the timeline, and he suggested some activities that we really enjoyed on the day of the wedding. We also really appreciated that he was able to do several different things for us - he did our lighting, set up a photo booth, and supplied Jeremy’s tux. We don't live in the area, so we were also very grateful about his flexibility when scheduling planning sessions. Finally, he did a fantastic job during the wedding. He kept the event flowing nicely, was very attentive to our guests, and incorporated so many of the songs we and our families requested. Everyone told us they had a great time, which was the most important thing to us. We really appreciate everything Chris added to the event!

-Miranda & Jeremy, May '15

Sent on 06/25/2015

SYLVIA · Married on 04/12/2015

DJ Chris was amazing on my wedding day! He knew exactly what to play and when to play it. I received several phone calls asking me who the DJ was. The dance floor was packed all night and Chris definitely kept the party going. I recommend him for any occasion he is the best!

Sent on 04/19/2015

Janine · Married on 04/11/2015

We met with four DJs in total but the decision was easy once we had met Chris Rice who, incidentally, also came recommended by our venue. From our initial meeting with Chris we found him extremely easy to work with. We explained the type of wedding reception we wanted (fun, energetic, laid back and not overly formal) and it seemed like that fit his style well. There were certain things that many couples do that we didn't want, like the grand entrance and line dances, and he always took his time to think about how best to direct the evening in the fashion that we wanted. Chris has a great website that couples have access to once you have booked with him and it allows you to electronically create playlists. He had a huge catalogue of music and was able to provide a couple of songs for the wedding day that weren't immediately available in his online catalogue without a problem. We had a conference call with him about a month out from the wedding to go over all of the final details and he did a wonderful job turning our vision into a perfect wedding night. Chris also provided a photo booth and uplighting as part of our package. These were nice bonuses that I wouldn't have necessarily sought out independently. The photo booth in particular was a big hit with our guests. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone that is looking for a classy DJ for their event.

Sent on 05/10/2015

Rebecca · Married on 01/24/2015

Chris was AWESOME!! He was incredible at reading the room and selecting which music to play to get people up and moving. His website questionnaire made it easy for us to communicate all the details with him. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 09/05/2016
  • User4862073 · 2+ years ago

DJ Chris was awesome! He provided fantastic entertainment throughout the wedding and was a terrific emcee. He is a professional in every way. He met with me and my fiance to get a sense of what we wanted and our personalities. He helped guide us in our planning, but also gave us total freedom to incorporate non-traditional details into our wedding.

I really loved the online planning website Chris uses. My fiance and I could play "DJ" in advance and hand-pick all the music we wanted to be played. I requested a lot of tracks, and Chris's expert musical selections filled in the rest.

On the day of, he came early with plenty of time to set up the ceremony area and the reception space, which were both at the Founders Inn and Spa. We had 3 different music selections just for the ceremony processional, and he nailed every cue. The timing was perfect. Music cues during the ceremony were on-point as well. No awkward silences or technical difficulties!

The reception was so much fun, and Chris had great suggestions for special dances and music. We incorporated his idea for an anniversary dance into our reception, and it was such a special feature! Definitely one of my favorite parts of the reception.

He kept the reception running on time, and created smooth transitions between all the activities and special dances. As an emcee, he has a great voice, personality, and sense of humor. Kept our guests entertained!

I will definitely recommend Chris to any friends planning a wedding.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 12/27/2014

Matt was INCREDIBLE! All of our guests raved that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and Matt was completely and entirely responsible for that! I ran out of time and didn't get to pick but a handful of song selections before the big day. But no worries! Matt totally picked up on the vibe we were going for and every single song he played was like I had hand picked it. The lighting was incredible and I can't believe he managed to set up the entire venue all by himself. He's like superman. I've been to a dozen other weddings where the DJ just stands at his table and plays the same old tired songs, but Matt actually walked around and ran the entire show. Everyone had a blast and everything ran smoothly and its entirely because of how awesome and incredible Matt is!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/20/2014

There is no way to describe how truly awesome Chris & Matt are. They are so helpful right from the start & they want to be as involved as you need them to be. Matt was the DJ for our wedding & he was outstanding. He was attentive to all of our tastes and interests, and he used them to create a personalized, unique playlist that fit our style better than I ever could have expected! He was gracious to our guests, and he could not have been more wonderful to us. If you want a DJ that isn't a cliche, and really cares about you as a couple than look no further! Also the photobooth was a hit! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Matt was the DJ for our wedding, and he was phenomenal!

Prior to the wedding, he was responsive to all of our requests, drafted a timeline for the day(without us asking--VERY nice!), and was unbelievably helpful in getting all of our music selections in line, cutting songs to make them work, etc.

The day of the wedding, he made sure our guests had a great time. Our song selections were important to us, and he made sure all the song cuts and transitions flowed smoothly. He did a great job hosting and introducing everyone. No name butchering or awkward pauses or weird music. Come reception time, we wanted a big dance party and that's exactly what we got. A great mix of songs we requested along with others that fit perfectly.

Most importantly, Matt was just fun! Funny, little quirky, but a blast! He's definitely a pro, but you always felt like your wedding was the most important part of his job. Would definitely work with Chris and Matt again if we had to do it over.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Brittany · Married on 07/26/2014

Amazing does not even begin to describe Chris. Amazing DJ, and plays amazing mixes based on your tastes. He helped so much with the planning and timing of events, truly made our day perfect. We also got the photo booth which was amazing he was beyond helpful. The photo booth was a hit. Chris also helped with our Tuxedo orders, and everything was perfect. We had so many people in the bridal party come up and compliment him, as well as other guests attending the wedding. Thank you so much Chris, you are awesome.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Amber · Married on 07/19/2014

Chris was incredible. We had quite a few special requests, such as a special mix for the bride and father dance. He made the best possible mix, and played all of our requested songs just like we asked. The photo booth was incredible, I have guests still talking about it! I will definitely be recommending him in the future!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Chris did an awesome job and I would highly recommend him! He was extremely helpful in the planning process, especially when setting up a timeline. He was the DJ, MC, and provided a photo booth and lighting. The room looked great and the photo booth was a hit among adults and kids alike! Chris did an excellent job reading the crowd and playing the right music. Several of our guests complimented on his ability to seamlessly do so many things. He was able to add the right amount of humor and great ideas for getting people dancing!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jill · Married on 07/05/2014

Chris was so professional and goes above and beyond the call of duty. I recommend his business to every engaged friend! Chris does an excellent job of getting a feel for the room and always makes sure you're comfortable and have what you need. The best DJ in the 757 hands down!!!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Karla · Married on 06/28/2014

The best! Amazing! All positive adjectives! Chris is amazing! Great music selection, read us and the guests so well and kept us all singing and dancing all night long! Chris was so attentive and helpful the entire night! He also helped guide me to make decisions regarding ceremony music. Seriously the best!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2014

Music Makes You Happy has a great wedding planning tool where I could pick out the music I wanted played and add songs for special dances and events (such as the garter and bouquet tosses).

We had Matt as our DJ and he was great! I do not live in the area I had my wedding, and he was really great about meeting with me over Skype to plan the wedding. The day of the wedding, some of the bridal party was late getting to the reception (due to a location mix up), and he kept all of the guests happily entertained until we were ready for our entrance. He played slower songs during dinner, and then he kicked it up to party mode! Everyone had a great time dancing! It was so much fun!

All of the lights around the dance floor were great too! We also got the uplighting package, and it was really worth it! It added a lot to the reception hall! I definitely recommend Matt from Music Makes You Happy!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

I had the pleasure of working w. Matt from the Music Makes You Happy team. Matt was so great to work with, he was incredibly responsive both via email and phone and the day of the wedding he was on top of everything! He made sure the entire reception was dancing to a mix of songs that my husband and I selected as well as songs that he thought would would keep the party going. He checked in w. both my husband and myself throughout the night to make sure that we were happy with what we were hearing and remained attentive to both our reactions and the crowds- if there seemed to be even the slightest indication that a song wasn't as well received as others he was pro and seamlessly transitioned to the next one. I can't recommend Matt highly enough-- you want him to DJ your wedding!

Sent on 06/03/2014