Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

152 | Suffolk, VA

152 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

• Caleb

Caleb M. · Married on 12/15/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Chris Rice was the perfect fit for our wedding and was a key player in making the day come together. He was the ideal balance of fun and meticulous, not to mention his radio voice! He understood how to entertain a crowd and how to deliver the experience we desired our guests to have. He did both the sound for our ceremony and reception, and was able to take a sampling of music we gave him to come up with a full playlist of songs that fit us.
    Chris made himself available every time we had questions or wanted help finding the perfect song for part of our day. He also had an excellent understanding of wedding timelines and helped us tremendously as we figured out what we wanted our day to look like. He was responsible and professional every step of the way. He was even committed to keeping our secrets! The bride wanted her first dance and father/daughter dance songs to be a surprise for her. She also planned to surprise her mother with a special dance between the two of them. Chris managed to keep all these secrets without forgetting any other important details throughout the day.
    We were pleased to be able to work with the owner of this company directly, and after our experience with him, I’d recommend his business to anyone. If he puts as much thought and care into his company as he did our wedding, then I would vouch for any DJ that he makes part of his team.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Nataliia

Nataliia S. · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing job!

The thing no one can say about their wedding is that it went perfect... there is always something that you weren’t planning on/went the wrong way/or even failed lol
    But I can surely say that music , announcements and wedding games went perfect on my special day!
    Tyler Wilson did an amazing job communicating starting day one, following up, coordinating, and stayed on point on the day of the wedding.
    He was prompt, very polite, organized and genuinely super nice person!
    I am more then pleased with experience and will definitely recommend to anyone I know!
    Thank you Tyler!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 10/21/2018

Fantastic!

Chris and his staff were fantastic on our wedding day. They were very thorough in their questionnaires beforehand and have a very easy-to-navigate website where you can list all of your "must play" songs and all of your "absolutely do not play" songs. Chris was very responsive to emails and the pricing was very reasonable. He was also able to provide a photobooth and do multiple printouts so guests could take a copy home and paste a copy into our guestbook. He was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well, and did a great job as the emcee during the wedding itself. Thank you Chris!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Sara · Married on 10/13/2018

Professional, timely and engaged!

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Dodson for our wedding. Mike was on top of IT ALL! Mike kept things going on time and kept the crowd engaged. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, as was everyone at Music Makes You Happy! Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Laura · Married on 10/06/2018

Chris did a phenomenal job. He was very open to our ideas and input as well as guest requests during cocktail hour and the reception. His ability to work a room and make sure the dance floor was full at all times was amazing. He was very professional and laid back. He was very accommodating toward myself and my groom, checking in with us throughout the night. If you have a wedding planner, they won’t have much to do once the receptions starts and Chris takes control. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Molly · Married on 09/08/2018

I can not say enough great things about Music Makes You Happy! Chris, the owner is so quick to respond to any questions you have a steer you in the right direction. We had DJ Karizma for our wedding and he did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the OBX area!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Z

Zenia · Married on 07/28/2018

If you want a professional yet fun DJ who is adaptable and a pleasure to work with, look no further. Chris was amazing! He helped make our wedding a night to remember, and kept people out on the dance floor until the bitter end. He also managed to expertly and seamlessly loop my processional music when more people processed up the aisle than anticipated. And he certainly knew how to take care of the wedding party by keeping full glasses in our hands. I'd give him six stars if I could

Sent on 08/07/2018

Julie · Married on 06/23/2018

Provided exactly what i wanted for the ceramony. Worked well with the rain and moving inside. Good music for the reception. Took requests from people.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Julie! So glad you enjoyed DJ Rob!!

Katelyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding was on June 16, 2018 and Tyler from Music Makes You Happy was great!! He was really friendly from our very first phone call meeting. My new husband and I had really busy schedules so Tyler was open to discussing all of the details over the phone to cater to our needs. He was flexible in his availability to talk to us which was helpful. As the wedding got closer, Tyler helped provide music choice suggestions as well as help plan the reception schedule. This was incredibly helpful as I had no idea how to plan for the timing of the reception!! I would recommend this dj company for future weddings! :)

Sent on 07/01/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Michael was great, and very friendly. We loved his attitude and attentiveness to us and whatever we needed he made sure he could help us anyway possible!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Mark · Married on 05/26/2018

DJ Karizma (Chris) lived up to his name. He was a lifesaver during the planning process and was just as helpful during the wedding/reception. He played our special songs as scheduled. He is fun, energetic and everyone loved him!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Brandy · Married on 05/25/2018

Best wedding DJ ever!

We’ve already reserved Chris for our third daughters wedding - even though she doesn’t even have a boyfriend yet!!! Our oldest was married 18 months ago and Chris not only did a fantastic job keeping our party moving, but was attentive to every detail- he even offered to make a Home Depot run to solve the venues problem! In December, at our 2nd daughters wedding, Chris made sure to include every element, despite the planner’s confusion. He stepped in to be sure our Bride got exactly what she needed! We have complete trust in Chris to stay engaged, read the crowd, play the right music to keep the party going, direct us and our guests and pay attention to everyone’s needs. The very best!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Brandy! Your family is awesome and I love working events for you guys!! I can't wait for your next daughters wedding!
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/19/2018

Tyler Wilson was our DJ and he was awesome, if you need a DJ- look no further!! MMYH is the best!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2018

Michael was the life of the wedding! He was very out going, friendly and made people laugh. Everything your looking for in a DJ!!!!! Michael was always eager to call and make sure everything was the way i wanted and set in stone! Will recommend to anyone!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed working with DJ Mike!! Thank you so much for the kind review and for hiring us to DJ your big day!!

Carley · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Rob Dalby for our wedding on 5/5/18 and he was amazing! Literally no one wanted to get off the dance floor. We almost missed cutting the cake (and actually just snuck off ourselves to do it so as not to stop the party) because of how much fun we were having. Best night ever. Can’t thank them all enough! They also have an awesome photobooth that you get all of the pictures for which I LOVE!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Katie · Married on 04/29/2018

Tyler did an excellent job with our wedding! He provided the music for the ceremony and also was the DJ for the reception! Everyone had an amazing time and we danced the night away!! He is great and super easy to work with!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Chris was so great throughout our planning process! So many people have told us what a wonderful time they had at our reception, and Chris was instrumental in making that happen. We had a lot of fun before the event choosing songs from the online database. I would highly recommend Music Makes You Happy for your event!

Sent on 05/24/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

I am so happy I chose Music Makes you Happy. We chose Chris as our wedding DJ. He was there whenever I had a question during planning. Chris was the best DJ I have ever met. For the ceremony I wanted to hire a pianist but that wasn’t going to fit in our budget. Instead I chose a piano cover of 2 songs for the outside ceremony, they sounded great even with the windy day. I didn’t have to worry about where they set up or anything they didn’t come to me with or family with too many questions. To me this shows experience. The last thing you want that day is to worry about directing the vendors around. Throughout the day he was making sure we were taken care of. Normally after the ceremony the bridal party gives up their duties thinking we no longer need help, but unfortunately as the bride/groom when you need something you cannot simply leave during pictures, or dinner. All I had to do was look at him and he was right there asking what I need. During pictures he offered to get us drinks. During dinner he ordered us drinks for the bar and before speeches I realized we had not gotten champagne, he came over popped it and poured us all a glass. He was quick to make last minute song changes or special dance request. We chose to add a dance for who has been married the longest, once we got down to two couples he asked them both to give us some advice which so thoughtful. I didn’t pick many songs that I wanted played just because I didn’t have time. He could easily read the crowd and keep playing songs they liked. Everyone complimented how great our DJ was and said they had a blast at the wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2018

DJ Rob was the best choice I could have made! He did everything we asked and announced everything on time and perfectly! The music was a blast!! I highly recommend him!!! SO MUCH FUN!! 5 stars!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Nathanael · Married on 03/31/2018

Chris was extremely friendly and interactive with our guests, that everyone actually thought he was one of our good friends. During the planning process, he was very helpful in suggesting different options to us, especially when we didn't even think about the small details for the wedding. Chris was definitely easy going and helped us make certain song choices based on his advice from past experiences. During the reception, there was never a dull moment!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Charlie · Married on 03/03/2018

DJ Rob was professional, accommodating, and super easy to work with! Top notch sound and provided an excellent experience!

Sent on 03/14/2018
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 03/01/2018

Lives up to their name time and time again

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment lives up to their name every time. The happiness of their clients is their top priority. They go above and beyond for every event they are a part of. I have worked and attended countless events they have been a part of, every one of those times has been an epic experience.

Sent on 12/14/2018

James · Married on 02/17/2018

I recently got married on February 17th, 2018 and everything was terrific. DJ Rob really helped bring the event together from not only coordinating a great variety of music for all ages but assisting in the logistical timeline of the wedding. The concept of a perfect wedding was only a dream until I realized we had such an amazing DJ to help ease our stress. Definitely looking forward to using your services again for a future celebration.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Kristen · Married on 02/03/2018

I attended a wedding in Virginia Beach in February 2018 and had such a great time dancing to all of my favorite songs from so many different decades I almost forgot I was at a wedding. :) DJ Rob was the wedding deejay and he was awesome! He knew just how to appeal to the crowd with a wide selection of music that was played for every generation and at the right times. I thought he was so fantastic I told my best friend about him and now he is going to be the deejay for her wedding in April in Northern Virginia! When planning your special day you want everything to go right - right down to the last detail including the deejay. I would highly recommend this service and most especially DJ Rob!!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Joanne · Married on 10/15/2017

Chris Rice was spectacular, I cannot say enough good things about this company!!!!!!
    We had a dj booked, but he bailed on us with less than 2 weeks to go before the wedding and Chris jumped right in and took over everything that needed to be done. Was right there to help us pick all songs, make recommendations where we didn't have specific songs picked, I was still sending him song ideas the night before the wedding and they were all incorporated right where I wanted them played. Music Makes Me Happy made our family VERY HAPPY!!!!!! Thank you.

Sent on 10/21/2017