Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

139 | Suffolk, VA

139 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2018

Michael was the life of the wedding! He was very out going, friendly and made people laugh. Everything your looking for in a DJ!!!!! Michael was always eager to call and make sure everything was the way i wanted and set in stone! Will recommend to anyone!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed working with DJ Mike!! Thank you so much for the kind review and for hiring us to DJ your big day!!

Carley · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Rob Dalby for our wedding on 5/5/18 and he was amazing! Literally no one wanted to get off the dance floor. We almost missed cutting the cake (and actually just snuck off ourselves to do it so as not to stop the party) because of how much fun we were having. Best night ever. Can’t thank them all enough! They also have an awesome photobooth that you get all of the pictures for which I LOVE!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Katie · Married on 04/29/2018

Tyler did an excellent job with our wedding! He provided the music for the ceremony and also was the DJ for the reception! Everyone had an amazing time and we danced the night away!! He is great and super easy to work with!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Chris was so great throughout our planning process! So many people have told us what a wonderful time they had at our reception, and Chris was instrumental in making that happen. We had a lot of fun before the event choosing songs from the online database. I would highly recommend Music Makes You Happy for your event!

Sent on 05/24/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

I am so happy I chose Music Makes you Happy. We chose Chris as our wedding DJ. He was there whenever I had a question during planning. Chris was the best DJ I have ever met. For the ceremony I wanted to hire a pianist but that wasn’t going to fit in our budget. Instead I chose a piano cover of 2 songs for the outside ceremony, they sounded great even with the windy day. I didn’t have to worry about where they set up or anything they didn’t come to me with or family with too many questions. To me this shows experience. The last thing you want that day is to worry about directing the vendors around. Throughout the day he was making sure we were taken care of. Normally after the ceremony the bridal party gives up their duties thinking we no longer need help, but unfortunately as the bride/groom when you need something you cannot simply leave during pictures, or dinner. All I had to do was look at him and he was right there asking what I need. During pictures he offered to get us drinks. During dinner he ordered us drinks for the bar and before speeches I realized we had not gotten champagne, he came over popped it and poured us all a glass. He was quick to make last minute song changes or special dance request. We chose to add a dance for who has been married the longest, once we got down to two couples he asked them both to give us some advice which so thoughtful. I didn’t pick many songs that I wanted played just because I didn’t have time. He could easily read the crowd and keep playing songs they liked. Everyone complimented how great our DJ was and said they had a blast at the wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2018

DJ Rob was the best choice I could have made! He did everything we asked and announced everything on time and perfectly! The music was a blast!! I highly recommend him!!! SO MUCH FUN!! 5 stars!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Nathanael · Married on 03/31/2018

Chris was extremely friendly and interactive with our guests, that everyone actually thought he was one of our good friends. During the planning process, he was very helpful in suggesting different options to us, especially when we didn't even think about the small details for the wedding. Chris was definitely easy going and helped us make certain song choices based on his advice from past experiences. During the reception, there was never a dull moment!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Charlie · Married on 03/03/2018

DJ Rob was professional, accommodating, and super easy to work with! Top notch sound and provided an excellent experience!

Sent on 03/14/2018
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 03/01/2018

Lives up to their name time and time again

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment lives up to their name every time. The happiness of their clients is their top priority. They go above and beyond for every event they are a part of. I have worked and attended countless events they have been a part of, every one of those times has been an epic experience.

Sent on 12/14/2018

James · Married on 02/17/2018

I recently got married on February 17th, 2018 and everything was terrific. DJ Rob really helped bring the event together from not only coordinating a great variety of music for all ages but assisting in the logistical timeline of the wedding. The concept of a perfect wedding was only a dream until I realized we had such an amazing DJ to help ease our stress. Definitely looking forward to using your services again for a future celebration.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Kristen · Married on 02/03/2018

I attended a wedding in Virginia Beach in February 2018 and had such a great time dancing to all of my favorite songs from so many different decades I almost forgot I was at a wedding. :) DJ Rob was the wedding deejay and he was awesome! He knew just how to appeal to the crowd with a wide selection of music that was played for every generation and at the right times. I thought he was so fantastic I told my best friend about him and now he is going to be the deejay for her wedding in April in Northern Virginia! When planning your special day you want everything to go right - right down to the last detail including the deejay. I would highly recommend this service and most especially DJ Rob!!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Joanne · Married on 10/15/2017

Chris Rice was spectacular, I cannot say enough good things about this company!!!!!!
    We had a dj booked, but he bailed on us with less than 2 weeks to go before the wedding and Chris jumped right in and took over everything that needed to be done. Was right there to help us pick all songs, make recommendations where we didn't have specific songs picked, I was still sending him song ideas the night before the wedding and they were all incorporated right where I wanted them played. Music Makes Me Happy made our family VERY HAPPY!!!!!! Thank you.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/14/2017

I had the best experience with Music Makes You Happy for our wedding in October. Chris Rice was our DJ and he did such an amazing job! I received so many compliments from guests that he was fun and awesome at engaging the crowd. Everyone was up dancing and having a great time - which is exactly what we wanted. He was able to play Turkish music as well as country to fit all our wants and everything still flowed nicely. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Thanks so much, Chris!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Brad · Married on 10/08/2017

Our big day was made extra special by DJ Mike helping to set the mood and tone for the event. Mike was extremely intuitive in providing the right vibe for each part of the night. Our guest had a great time partying all night.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Nina · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris and his team are amazing. We fell in love with him we did he did my sister's wedding this time last year and knew we had to have him for our celebration as well! When the ballroom where our reception was wouldn't allow our initial vision of lights hanging from the ceiling, Chris went to work and delivered a gorgeous setup of lights around the dance floor that definitely made our reception space warm and inviting. He was so great with working with us regarding music and introductions and had everyone on the dance floor literally the whole night. We had several people tell us the only bad thing about our wedding was the dance floor wasn't big enough! Chris takes such huge pride in making sure everyone is having the best time and we could not have asked for a better person to be a part of our wedding. The photobooth was such a hit also and we love the pictures of everyone with the props! I wish we could have a wedding every year just so Chris could do our party!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

Chris was amazing! From our first conversation he made things easy and meaningful. He gave us great ideas not only for music but also for the flow of the reception and added in fun activities to keep people engaged.
    The night of the reception went better than we could have imagined. The structure he provided kept the evening flowing perfectly. He knew how to select songs that people liked and would dance to. He checked in with the families to be sure we were happy all the time.
    I can't say enough about how very happy we were with this DJ! THE BEST!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Karen · Married on 06/10/2017

Chris did an excellent job planning our timeline and making sure we knew how the night would go. The music was great mixture and everyone was up dancing! We had the best night ever! Thank you Chris, you are right- Music Makes You Happy!!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Shannon · Married on 01/06/2017

"Music Makes You Happy," is an awesome company especially for weddings and they certainly know how to throw a great party. Chris, is not only a professional DJ, he is also an excellent Coordinator/Wedding planner. He is professional, organized and knows how to keep a crowd on their feet. This is not your normal DJ company that just plays a gig, collects the money and leaves. This company brings excellent customer service, great character with a caring heart. Our wedding was moved a day earlier because of a blizzard on 1/6/17. Without hesitation Chris, was at our venue setting up in a matter of an hour. He stayed through a blizzard to help make sure our wedding was perfect in every little detail. Chris, even offered to put together a picture slideshow choreographed to our song of choice for a father and mother remember the dance during our wedding. Chris, is always a step ahead of you because he is just that GOOD! I would like to thank Chris, and the staff of, "Music Makes You Happy" for making the Bishop Wedding, the best day possible for us. There prices are reasonable and most importantly the professionalism is worth every cent! :-) Book them for your next event, because you would be crazy not too!!!!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Michael · Married on 12/10/2016

Our advice would be....don't give it another thought!!!! Book him!!!! NOW! Our youngest daughter was married on December 10th and Chris rocked the reception!!!! We love him so much, he is doing our other daughter's wedding in September!!!!! Not only is he great at what he does, he's just a superb individual! You can tell he truly loves what he does and really does what to make you happy!!!! Which is why we totally get the name of his company!!!! MUSIC MAKES YOU HAPPY ENTERTAINMENT!!! He knows just what to play to make you happy!!! Don't hesitate one more second! Book him!!! NOW!!!!! Michael and Nanette Copley

Sent on 01/18/2017

Megan · Married on 10/14/2016

Mike was outstanding, he was very flexible and wonderful with keeping the party going. I will absolutely be using him in the future for any occasions.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Chaz · Married on 09/10/2016

It’s intimidating picking a DJ for your wedding. You can read reviews but it’s hard to pick without something tangible to compare to other vendors. Everyone is different and dancing was important to us for our wedding ceremony. Music Makes You Happy was one of the best choices we could have made.

Not only are they extremely friendly and helpful to work with but they have an online account for each of their clients so you can guide the direction of the music. You fill out a little questionnaire where you share bits about what types of music you like and what you’re looking for from the wedding reception and then you can get started picking songs! They have a massive selection (including top 100 most popular wedding songs in different genres) and if you want to hear a song that they don’t have, just request it and they can track it down for you! Most importantly they have a “Do Not Play” list so you can avoid any songs that get on your nerves.

We have a dancing crowd and our DJ Brad kept everyone on the floor for over 3 hours! If dancing is important to you and you don’t want a dud DJ killing the wedding buzz then Music Makes You Happy is for you.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Dana · Married on 09/03/2016

Chris is AMAZING! I had a very last minute request for a song that would play after my husband and I said our vows and he got it in!! He was very professional and worked the floor very well!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/28/2016

Music Makes You Happy is a wonderful vendor to work with. I talked with Chris pretty extensively before hiring, and my favorite part about this vendor is that they are actually WILLING TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE! That was a big deal to me, because it seemed like I was playing email tag with all my other vendors constantly, especially because we now live in Raleigh. Anyway, Matt Kasherman ended up doing our wedding, and he did an excellent job. He was totally cool to just feel out the flow of the wedding, and decide when to do what based on what was happening. He was not at all worried about sticking to a strict schedule (nor were we), but we could look out to the crowd and say "okay, we need to liven it up a bit, let's do some dancing". If you are completely clueless on managing big events like I was, their MC services are definitely a must-do! 10/10 would hire/recommend again!

Sent on 06/08/2016
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/14/2016

Chris was great, everyone danced the entire night! I was indecisive about uplighting and he accommodated my request later than he should've. He was well prepared in setting up and has a ton of experience. Not everyone can DJ a wedding and do a great job, he's well spoken and knows the right amount of mic time! Thank you!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Marlena · Married on 02/06/2016

We had the opportunity of have LaDel as our DJ for my grandparents 60th Anniversary Celebration. He made the event so much fun and went above and beyond our expectations! He definitely helped make the event a memorable one! -Marlena

Sent on 06/12/2018