Music and Moonlight Productions Reviews

54 | Urbandale, IA

54 Reviews for Music and Moonlight Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Greg was awesome! Fabulous pricing and very easy to work with. He personalized everything to our liking and met and exceeded all of our expectations. Not only did he play all of the music we requested, but he continued to play a great selection of music past our requests. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Taycey · Married on 06/06/2015

Greg is fantastic to work with! I'm a local wedding photographer and wouldn't have chosen another dj for my wedding :)

Sent on 06/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/30/2015

Greg is awesome! He was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad we chose him! People were dancing from start to finish! He charges a flat rate, so no need to be concerned with an hourly rate!

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • User4821950 · 2+ years ago

Greg was fantastic to work with, and very reasonable pricing. We had a large mixture of age ranges at the reception, with quite a few 20s and 30s, and also quite a few young children. I wanted to ensure the music was appropriate and fun for all ages, and Greg did a wonderful job. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, with people ages 2-70 on the dance floor. Greg also did a great job keeping our events such as toasts, dances, and cake cutting, on track without us even specifically asking him to do so. It alleviated a lot of stress for us to know Greg had the music and order of events under control so we could enjoy the reception. I have been to quite a few weddings in the metro in the last few years, and Greg was by far the most professional, fun, and reasonably priced.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Greg did a great job! He was very flexible as to changes in schedule that happened as the night progressed. Played all of the music we requested and even participated in a few games/contests we had during the reception.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Chris & Jaimie · Married on 09/26/2014

Music and Moonlight gave us exactly what we wanted for the wedding, and truly deserves the 5 stars we gave them in each category.

As we are out of state, we were nervous about choosing vendors. Greg met with us via facetime and couldn't have made things easier on us. As far as the actual event, he will get involved as much or as little as you ask...we told him exactly what we wanted his role to be and he fulfilled that perfectly. he had or acquired all of the songs we requested, and all were played exactly when they were supposed to be. Outside of that, we asked Greg to use his best judgement - he really read the crowd well, and his song selection was spot on.

Out of all the vendors we looked at, Greg provided the best value by far. His prices are VERY reasonable and fair and he really seems to enjoy what he does. He takes pride in his equipment as well - you won't find his sound or light set-up lacking.

Sent on 02/16/2015

Absolutely loved working with Greg! He was professional, easy going, great to read the audience and a ton of fun! Thanks so much Greg!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Miranda · Married on 06/21/2014

Greg did such a great job at my wedding! He was so accomodating, and really helped to make sure that everything ran smoothly! He kept all of the stress off of my husband and I. We had a part indoor and part outdoor reception. He noticed that people were gravitating towards being outside and made accommodations to do our dance outside. He kept guests on the dance floor, and made it a really great time. I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area.

Sent on 07/11/2014

Jody · Married on 06/14/2014

Greg played for my daughter's wedding reception. My family is not known for being dancers, but the music played encouraged everyone..including Grandma...to participate. Greg was professional, flexible and friendly.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Brian · Married on 10/12/2013

We found Greg online and he was rated the highest with the lowest costs. If you are planning a wedding, this is the DJ you want! He handled everything professionally and did an excellent job at our wedding. He did everything we asked and went above and beyond that as well. We had certain requests for songs beforehand and certain activities we wanted to do and others we didn't want to do. He stuck to our requests and was flexible enough to play requested songs on demand. It was as if the wedding party was the orchestra and he was the maestro.

If we ever need to hire a DJ again it will be Greg. I'd recommend him at anyone looking for a DJ. When I first found Greg online he had nothing but perfect reviews and I am another satisfied customer. Thank you Greg!!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

Greg did an amazing job at our wedding! He played great music that kept people on the dance floor all night. He read the mood of the crowd perfectly. He also did a great job playing the songs that were requested before and during the wedding. He played the music soft enough during dinner where you could still talk and enjoy the company around you. He was very flexible and tentative to our needs. I would recommend Greg to anyone that is getting married in the Des Moines area.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Kevin · Married on 06/01/2013

Greg was amazing to work with and we enjoyed his services at our wedding. Before the wedding, he was very prompt and responsive to all of our questions/concerns/requests. He also gave us a very helpful and detailed overview of what to expect on our special day.

On the day of our wedding, he was prompt and professional. We had given him a tentative timeline, and he was great about being flexible when we wanted to make adjustments. Also, his song catalog was impressive, but what we thought was more impressive is that he was willing to download any song that we wanted that he didn't already have, at his own cost.

Overall, we can't say enough good things about our experiences working with Greg, and honestly hope that we see him at other events in the future.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Emma · Married on 06/01/2013

Greg rocks! He made everyone dance and for a great price. He was nice to works with, accommodated our schedule and made great suggestions.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Sharon · Married on 11/17/2012

Greg did such a wonderful job, we were very impressed with very thing! The cost is very affordable. He was very professional, kind, helpful, and responsive. Everyone had a blast! He kept everything moving and people on the dance floor all night long. Greg helped make our amazing day even better!! I would recommend Music and Moonlight Productions to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 11/21/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/22/2012

We first met up with Greg at Panara to go over everything for the wedding. He was so helpful and willing to work with us to do/play anything. He was very professional.

The night of the wedding he was awesome! He played what people were requesting which was so fun and had people out on the dance floor the whole night. He played until the very end.

I could not have asked for a better DJ and would highly recommend him! THANK YOU GREG for one amazing night! - Danielle & Marc September 22, 2012

Sent on 09/28/2012

Greg Stice, was not only very professional He played what we asked of him. He keep things going smoothly with the required dances and with making announcements of what we needed our guest to do and the wedding party. Very professional, gets back with u in a good manner of time, set's up and take's in a timely manner. I would recommended Music and Moonlight to any one and to every age group.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Brandi · Married on 06/02/2012

Greg was awesome!! Leading up to the wedding he made himself very easily accessible through email and phone. We were planning our wedding from 2 hours away and I never once had a question or concern that went unanswered by him for more than a couple of hours. The day of the wedding everything went great!! I didn't know what was going on the day of the wedding with his set-up etc. I just emailed him and asked him to be there at a certain time, told him what we were wanting, and he did great!! I showed up in time for the ceremony and there he was set up. We used equipment outside as well as indoors at our reception. The ceremony was beautiful!! There was a latino festival going on right next to our wedding, but Greg did an EXCELLENT job of playing over their music during our musical parts but did so without blowing everyone's ears out. He played the playlists I asked him to play and everything went smoothly!! He is very laid back but also professional. I would reccommend Music and Moonlight (Greg) to anyone!! We were very pleased with the services, price, etc!! My favorite personal memory that really touched my heart....my dad and I had a very emotional dance togther and afterwards I went over to talk to Greg about another dance and he was also emotional. He is a father of 2 (beautiful) daughters and I'm sure he has these moments a lot!! Keep up the great work Greg!!!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Rebecca · Married on 03/17/2012

This DJ was very easy to work with. At our first meeting he provided us with a list of typical wedding dance songs as well as father/daughter, mother/son, bouquet toss, garter toss and wedding party songs. He is very laid back and easy going but will make sure that your special day is perfect! We absoutely loved working with him and our reception went very smoothly. Everyone gave us compliments on how great our DJ was with taking requests and keeping people on the dance floor. It was a great experience!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Lisa · Married on 09/03/2011

Greg was amazing! He made sure that there was no down time in the music or activity. He gave a wonderful prayer before our meal, and entertained guests with his rendition of "The Newlywed Game". He even had my 40-year old brother (who doesn't dance) out on the dance floor until they kicked us out. Greg made sure that he played every single song that was on my song list, plus made sure that any requests were played to keeps our guests happy. Every one of my guests has told me that they loved how Greg kept the party going. Thank you Greg!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Erin · Married on 07/30/2011

Greg with Music and Moonlight Productions was absolutely amazing! Not only was he really affordable, he was very attentive to what we wanted and he's just a really nice guy. He played all of the songs we asked him to play and he kept the party going all evening. We had one of the bridesmaid sing our first dance song and he had everything ready for her when we arrived. I have recommended him to several people already because he was that good! Definitely use him for your wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2011

Katie · Married on 07/08/2011

We were so pleased with our DJ Greg. He is a very professional individual with great communication skills and responsiveness. He is very flexible and accommodated all of our specific requests.

Upon our request, Greg created a playlist that featured every song I requested and played it during our dinner hour. He was willing to use our venue's sound system during this portion, which allowed us to avoid the typical DJ equipment in the room we held our dinner. The playlist was exactly as I requested even though I asked him to create it last minute.

We had a smaller wedding with about 70 guests, yet Greg kept the party going and people on the dance floor. There were never any awkward moments where he took over. Our reception was perfect and we largely have Greg to thank for that.

Sent on 07/16/2011
  • cortney47

Cortney · Married on 10/23/2010

He played every song that we requested. He was very receptive to our wants. He talked only when we needed him too, but was willing to talk if we wanted him to. He was very professional, wore a tux and looked great. Was set up in time and was very nice and easy to work with.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2010

He did a great job keeping the crowd entertained. Our wedding guests were dancing until it was time to clean up for the reception. I would highly recommend him to any couple looking for a DJ for their reception.

Sawyer · Married on 09/04/2010

Can't beat this service and the price is unmatchable!

Deb · Married on 08/28/2010

This was an excellent DJ service. Very affordable and easy to work with. He was very quick at responding to e-mails and very easy to meet with to discuss your big day. He came up to me several times during the night to ask my opinion on what I wanted to happen next. He seemed very focused on pleasing me and making my night go wonderfully!