6 Reviews for Museums of the York County History Center

Parking (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Event Rentals (2)
6 Museums of the York County History Center Reviews

If you're looking for a place that's unique, affordable, and absolutely stunning, this is the venue for you! We just got married here in early October, and it was perfection. Brodi, our contact for the wedding, was fabulous. She was responsive, organized, answered my million emails with enthusiasm, and made our day great. We got married in the courtyard, had our reception in the Hall of Giants (which is beautiful with the giant light-up Reddy Watt!), and opened the museum up during cocktails. Our guests loved being able to explore the museum between the ceremony and dinner, and we got so many positive comments on the venue. It was truly special. Book this venue, people! You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Blair, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Agricultural and Industrial Museum is the most underrated, under utilized, incredible venue in York, PA. It's the best wedding venue you've never heard of.

Pros: Absolutely beautiful and unique venue. Good for guests with kids - you can choose to have the museum open during your reception so your guests can see the exhibits. A piece of York history. Organized. Our liaison at the museum was super friendly and answered all of our questions. Our guests repeatedly told us that this is the most fun and unique wedding they've ever been to.

Cons: Hall of Giants does not have air conditioning and can be hot in 90+ degree weather. Other than than, it's comfortable. Also, they need to spend more on marketing so people actually learn about this hidden gem!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with the Agriculture and Industrial Museum was amazing! Not only were we able to have our ceremony and reception in a truly unique venue; we were also able to allow our guests the chance to tour the museum. It created an experience that really resonated well with our guests. We still receive compliments on how much fun everyone had! The staff was very accommodating through the entire process. The flexibility offered in accessory services (rental of A/V equipment, tables, etc.) allowed us to easily navigate the process of a “do it yourself” wedding. We would definitely recommend contacting the York Heritage Trust to explore the options of a wedding in York City!

Profile Picture Clint, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Tables, Parking
4.7

The Agricultural & Industrial Museum was an amazing venue that offered exactly what I wanted for my wedding. I was looking for a venue that was within my budget, unique from the everyday wedding venue and provided ancillary items (seating, tables, etc.). I was very happy that AIM met all three of these requirements. For an additional fee, guests were also able to tour the museum during the wedding reception; most of my guests took the opportunity to do so and found the experience very unique. The staff at AIM were very helpful; they kept in e-mail contact with me in the months and weeks leading up to the ceremony and were generous in recommending vendors and advice. I had around 50 guests and we all fit easily into the lobby, with the ceremony conducted in the courtyard. Overall, I was so happy with my experience with AIM and would recommend this venue to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing.

Profile Picture User6143788, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Event Rentals, Chairs, Tables
4.1

It's a blank canvas. You have to be prepared to do a lot of prep work and coordinate it all on your own or hire an expansive wedding planner. But the venue is very unique and offers a great experience to guests so they have something to do to entertain themselves in between the festivities.

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/30/15, 1 Review