Museum of Fine Arts Reviews

Museum of Fine Arts 5
Museum of Fine Arts 6
Museum of Fine Arts 7

derin · Married on 06/13/2015

It has been a little over a month since we had our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts. The Museum itself and the grounds surrounding it are absolutely beautiful. Everything felt so elegant and classic. Making the choice to hold all day of events on site worked out wonderfully. We had our ceremony in the Membership Garden, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the Marley room, and moved into the Conservatory for our reception. My main point of contact throughout the whole planning process was Nancy Cotto. I have to say I fell in love with Nancy. She gave wonderful advice and made spot on suggestions throughout the entire process. She answered every phone call and email promptly and made me feel like a girlfriend she had known forever. I was so impressed with Nancy that I decided to hire her as my coordinator. With years of experience in the business (and at the museum) this was a no brainer. The day of the wedding Nancy and our banquet captain were amazing. My husband and I had a server with us all throughout pictures who made sure we didn’t want for anything. We were provided with beverages and snacks the entire time we took pictures. The mini-tacos, jewelry box sushi, and wasabi/cocktail shooters were delicious! Dinner was served on schedule and was just as wonderful. Everyone raved about the filet. The day of the wedding everything ran like clockwork. As a self-proclaimed control freak I can honestly say I was able to relax and leave everything in the hands of museum staff without a worry. They managed the event beautifully. If anything went wrong no one knew about it (including me!) Thanks again Nancy! You are the best!

Sent on 07/16/2015

This venue is absolutely gorgeous, but we didn't end up going with it because of our budget. I would still recommend it to others though because it is a wonderful place.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Dana · Married on 01/24/2015

Just had my wedding at the Museum this weekend and it went flawlessly. The space is beautiful to begin with and Nancy from Olympia catering worked with us to make sure everything went off without a hitch. The food was amazing and we kept hearing our guest compliment the service. So happy in our choice!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Anja · Married on 09/28/2014

Museum of Fine Arts in downtown St. Pete is one of the most gorgeous ceremony and reception venues I have ever come across. The minute we walked in to check it out for the first time, we fell in love. Its architectural features, ultra high ceilings, modern design, marble floors and picture-perfect banyan trees surrounding the property were just a few of the factors that made our wedding into absolute perfection. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/09/2014

alison · Married on 09/21/2014

The Museum of Fine Arts was the perfect setting for our wedding. We had our ceremony in the Marley room, cocktail hour in the Membership Garden and our reception was held in the Conservatory. Nancy Cotto was very accomodating. She always gave honest feedback and communicated with us on any questions through phone, and email. Nancy is very experienced in planning and organizing weddings. She is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She guided us through the different menus, chairs, etc. Nancy went above and beyond and guided us through on any questions we had regarding our wedding. We are glad that we chose this venue. We had the wedding of our dreams.The food was delicious in the cocktail hour and reception.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/11/2014

I recently had my wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts on April 11, 2014 and Nancy Cotto went above and beyond for my wedding. She was extremely knowledgeable, quick to answer any questions, managed all of my vendors seamlessly, and on the day of I wasn't the least bit stressed because I knew I was in good hands. Overall my wedding was absolutely perfect & I couldn't ask for anything more! Thank you Nancy & team for delivering on my most special day!

Sent on 04/21/2014

I looked everywhere in the Tampa Bay Area for a Wedding Venue that had a wonderful facility and most importantly a wedding planner/coordinator that fit well with my personality and taste. Nancy Cotto was the most amazing wedding planner and coordinator. She plans in advance and keeps in contact very well. It doesn't matter if she is at work or at home, she is there and has great communication. She lets you know everything you need to have done and gives you suggestions of what will work best for your wedding dream. She knows what looks good and what doesn't. She has been doing wedding planning for a LONG TIME so you are working with a professional. She is an amazing person and works hard for every bride. The decorations, the food, the orchestration of moving people from one room to the next was done perfectly. Everyone was blown away by my wedding and were talking about it for days. People at my wedding had been to million and billion dollar weddings and thought mine was AMAZING. If you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue with an incredible planner/coordinator then Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg is definitely the place to check out :)

Sent on 04/20/2014

janet · Married on 03/07/2014

The Museum of Fine Arts is simply the best and most beautiful venue in the area. From the initial meeting with Nancy Cotto, sales manager, until the end of the reception every detail was exquisite. The Gatsby themed wedding ceremony and reception went from concept to dream fulfilled beyond our expectations. We used the conservatory for the ceremony and the Marley Room for the reception both are absolutely beautiful rooms. The staff was professional and friendly. Olympia Catering prepared the menu and the food was outstanding. We have received many compliments on the food from friends and family.
    Nancy Cotto was a huge support for my daughter and me from our first meeting to the moment she walked down the aisle, to the last song of the night. She offered her advice and suggestions freely, was always available to answer questions, and to listen to concerns we had. I thank you for making the wedding and reception special. I am grateful to the MFA, Olympia Catering, and Nancy for a memorable evening of food, fun, and punishing the floor!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Mary · Married on 02/21/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception at MFA in February and it was AMAZING! The caterer (Olympia) and bar (Lundy's) that MFA uses are both great, easy to work with, and fairly priced. We rented the Conservatory and also the permanent exhibit so our guests could wander through both galleries. Our cocktail hour was supposed to be outside on the back porch, however, it was a little rainy so they moved it inside. Not the end of the world!

The best part about renting the museum is that you also get to work with Nancy Cotto, the representative from Olympia Catering. She works strictly at the museum and has been coordinating weddings and events for years. We actually live in NYC so we were planning our wedding from another state. Nancy was great about recommending vendors and offering advice when we needed it. We ended up hiring her suggestions for photographer, florist, lighting, transportation, and linens. She helped make the planning process super easy and low stress, which was important since we don't live in the area.

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding reception and our guests were too!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Shelley · Married on 11/16/2013

My husband and I couldn't have been happier to have the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg, FL as our wedding venue. Our ceremony was held outside under the banyan trees and our reception was in the Conservatory inside the museum. The entire day was so much fun and our guests continued to comment on how great MFA was and how much they enjoyed themselves. We worked with Nancy on every detail from the wedding date right down to the tablecloths and she couldn't have been more helpful for a couple of first-timers. Nancy was so much fun and really knows her business like the back of her hand. I recommend the museum to any couple out there looking for their special venue and I hope you get the chance to work with Nancy like we did.

Sent on 01/12/2014

I don't even know how to start this review - there is SO much to say!! The venue is gorgeous! My husband and I knew that we wanted a place that matched our personalities and had some character. We did not want a banquet type of place. When we went to the venue we fell in love with the entrance way, the garden where we had the cocktail hour, and the stunning views from the conservatory where we had the reception.

I think the best part of the venue is the coordinator that came with it - Nancy. I don't even know how to start to thank Nancy. I feel like she became a 2nd mom, best friend, and my #1 fan throughout this process. I have NO clue how she dealt with my thousands of emails and calls and random visits to the Museum, but she did - and she did it all promptly and with a smile! She knew exactly what to do and gave us great advise. She handled everything from start to finish day of - she even taught her staff - last minute!! - how to do a champagne parade which had never been done before. It was WONDERFUL! Nancy is amazing and I would recommend the venue just for her!

I cannot thank you guys enough for creating such wonderful memories for our families and us. We will definitely miss everyone and wish we could do it all over again... we will relive every moment through the video!

Love - Michelle & Forrest

Sent on 10/22/2013

Jean · Married on 09/27/2013

The Museum of Fine Arts was the perfect place for our wedding. The staff was so helpful and everything looked perfect on our day.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Rebecca · Married on 07/12/2013

The venue is absolutely stunning.

Nancy is arguably the most organized person I have ever met, and is completely committed to excellence.

The catering staff takes care of your every need. When we were taking pictures outside, someone brought us food and drinks so we didn't get hungry. Then they brought us plates at our head table so we didn't have to go through the buffet line. Then they called the tables to eat in the order of our preference, so our family could eat first.

They set out all the decorations, and it looked perfect.

They paid attention to every single detail of everything, and you could tell.

Best. Venue. Ever.

If you want your guests to be wowed, your stress level to be low, and your OWN eyes to light up in amazement when you walk into your reception for the first time - do yourself a favor, and have your wedding reception here.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Things couldn't have been more perfect!! Every single guest commented on how beautiful the venue was and how impressive the staff was. From start to finish everyone at the museum was extremely helpful and friendly. My expectations were far exceeded.

Sent on 02/27/2013

joy · Married on 01/26/2013

My wedding reception was beautiful! We had it at the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL. It was everything that I had dreamed of and more. It was unique, stunning and exquisite. All of my guests raved about the location and its beauty! Everyone there was so very helpful. The person that I have to give a lot of credit to, though, is the Catering Director/Director for all of your needs for your Wedding, Nancy Cotto. Nancy is one of those angels that come into your life and make everything better! Any question I ever had, Nancy quickly answered and guided me through the whole process. She is patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. She gives you her honest opinion and makes you feel completely at ease. Trust me, she is the person you want on your team to be your guiding light through to your wedding day. I am so fortunate to have had my wedding reception here and work with such wonderful people, especially Nancy!

Sent on 04/01/2013
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 11/11/2012

Choosing to host our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts was the best decision we made! I cannot begin to explain how completely amazing everything was. Allison Canfield is so wonderful to work with, the caterer (Olympia Catering) is superb and the staff was fantastic. Everyone is still talking about how amazing and beautiful the venue was, and I love hearing it because it truly was exquisite If you want a wedding that is sophisticated, unique and one that everyone will remember; host it at the MFA!

Sent on 12/08/2012

Adam · Married on 10/26/2012

The Museum of Fine Arts was the perfect wedding venue. We got immediate responses to our e-mails, they were very flexible with meeting times and tours of the facility before the wedding. The day of the wedding, everything was perfect and the wedding went off without a hitch. I would recommend the museum to any couple for their wedding day. Thank you Allison!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

My wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts was just perfect. Everyone at the venue was extremely helpful and easy to work with. They have an exclusive contract with Olympia catering, and I'm so glad they do! Everyone has raved about the food and cake, and many have told me it is the best food they have ever had at a wedding. It was so fun for the guests to have access to the galleries! It was the perfect setting for a magical evening!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Leigh · Married on 07/15/2012

The Museum of Fine Arts is a beautiful venue with lots of room options for both ceremony and reception depending on what you’re looking for. The Museum’s fee includes their very helpful staff, security staff, and access to galleries for guests for a set time. It also includes a weeding coordinator, Alison Canfield, who was very nice and accommodating, but she really didn’t have a whole lot to do as far as wedding coordination itself (she largely handles logistics and contracts) – Darren from Olympia Catering handles most of the wedding-specific items. When you book the Museum, you are locked into their caterer for food and cake (Olympia) and drinks (Lundy’s), but they’re such good vendors it wasn’t a problem. Venue rental is pretty reasonably priced for what you have.

It’s really a beautiful, unique, impressive venue. They provided the set-up of tables and chairs for the reception and chairs for the ceremony – when it threatened rain just as our ceremony was about to begin everyone was out there in the garden hauling chairs inside to the Marley Room, which they used as a back-up. It wasn’t what we had planned, but even without decoration the Marley Room was a beautiful location for the ceremony.

It’s really a great place for a wedding – be sure to get the up-lighting if you use the conservatory space, because it will look spectacular. We loved it, and we’ve gotten a lot of compliments on what an impressive venue it was. Definitely look into it, and try to book early! It’s getting to be a very popular choice in downtown St. Pete.

Sent on 08/12/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2012

The Museum of Fine arts was hands down the best reception venue we looked at when searching for our wedding venue. We held our ceremony under the Banyan trees outside, then held the reception in the Marly Room with cocktail hour in the Membership Garden. We had looked at the ridiculously overpriced Vinoy, and after visiting the Museum shortly after, never looked back. The downtown St. Petersburg area offers so many attractions and hotels within walking distance for out of town guests, has waterfront views without sand everywhere, and tons of nightlife for post-wedding activities. One huge plus for booking with the Museum was our catering, cake, linens, chairs, and bar were included in the contract price, which saved me tons of time and research with having to search for other vendors. They also had a projector available in our room to play a photo slideshow, so we didn’t have to pay to rent this equipment. Alison, the events coordinator, was absolutely spectacular. Super responsive, so understanding and caring, and was actually there to make sure everything on our wedding day went smoothly. I’m so glad I did not hire a wedding planner – I didn’t need one with her help! My favorite story from the day – a newly engaged couple saw our ceremony taking place and sat on a bench in the park to watch. According to a guest, they immediately went inside to speak with someone about booking their wedding at the Museum – seeing our ceremony made up their mind on venue selection.

Sent on 11/23/2012

Erica · Married on 05/26/2012

The Museum created a fabulous one stop shop of rooms to utilize for our wedding. We used the Marley room for our Ceremony, used the membership garden for our cocktail hour and the conservatory for our reception. Affordable! They have a fabulous caterer.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Ana · Married on 04/21/2012

It was definitely an excellent choice having our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts and Olympia Catering with the excellent food, elegant presentation, professional staff and the excellent taste and coordination of Darren Diaz!! It was a dream come true!! all the details were in place!
    Having our wedding at the Museum of Fine Arts made of our moment an amazing event with an unique touch of distinction, elegance and unique quality to our guests!!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Christina · Married on 05/28/2011

Amazing! So many of our guests said this was the best and most beautiful wedding they have ever been too. The venue is like no other in the area and very reasonable for the cost. Our wedding reception was in the Membership garden for the cocktail hour and the Marly room for the reception. I have to say that Darren Diaz is such a hard worker and a fantastic caterer as well as event coordinator. I am so glad we picked the Museum of Fine Arts as our venue. It made our evening magical, thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/30/2011

alicia · Married on 04/02/2011

We used the Museum of Fine Arts Conservatory for our wedding reception and it was beautiful! All of our guests appreciated the unique quality of our venue and said what a beautiful space it was for a wedding reception. The Conservatory offers a more modern feel, but the Marley ballroom was just as beautiful. The good thing about this venue is that its unique (not a hotel ballroom) but it still has the capacity to handle weddings. Allison Canfield is a great addition to the museum's staff... she was recently hired on with the museum for special events and she's been a pleasure to work with. Very responsive and professional but still down to earth. The museum was one the best decisions we made. Note though that if you do choose the museum, you will definitely be using Olympia Catering, but their staff is just as great.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Hida · Married on 04/10/2010

It is a beautiful place to get married I had my ceremony in sculpture garden cocktail hours in membership garden also guess had a chance to walk through the art gallery when we were taking a pictures. And I had my reception at Marley room .

Sent on 05/04/2010