Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood Reviews

244 | Thurmont, MD

244 Reviews for Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood

Liz · Married on 04/28/2017

ThorpeWood is not only a beautiful location for a wedding and reception, but the staff was
    amazing. I attended a wedding last week at ThorpeWood and were pleasantly surprised to
    find the location was beautiful beyond words. It had an elegant, yet comfortable feel.
    The location spot on gorgeous and the evening progressed wonderfully. There were staff to
    guide guest to parking - so there was no fear of getting lost. Everyone we met was kind
    and went out of their way to be helpful. I was especially impressed with the supervisor,
    Lexi, who worked tirelessly the entire day. Her stamina was boundless, despite her bundle
    of joy that would soon be arriving. The wedding went on without a hitch, with the exception
    of the young couple getting married.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that the wedding was catered by Renaissance Caterers. The chef really out did himself and served a variety of delicacies. Everything we tasted was yummier that the previous bite. The wait staff was phenomenal. My water glass was never empty and our waiter was eager serve. I highly recommend both ThorpeWood and Renaissance
    Caterers.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Kristen · Married on 12/03/2016

Our guests are still talking about what an amazing experience they had at Thorpewood! Julie and her staff were nothing short of amazing; they consulted us at every opportunity on the 'little details' and made the day transition smoothly. I knew the first time we visited this venue that it was special and this is where we would be married. I can't wait to go back to visit and enjoy the peacefulness and beauty of this place!

Sent on 01/28/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

HI Kristen....thank you, thank you, thank you for this very thoughtful review! It warms my heart to read these from our couples. We, of course, always hope for the day to be beyond wonderful, but it is nice to hear that you felt it was. We also look forward to your return...come and stay at the Little Pond Cottage for some of that peace and quiet!! Best wishes!!!

Megan · Married on 11/25/2016

Getting married at Thorpewood was a dream!!! While we had hoped for a warm day/outdoor ceremony initially, we are so thankful that we ended up with an inside ceremony! The vibe was cozy, rustic and warm with the fireplace going. Plus we still were able to get gorgeous photos around the property - Julie chauffeured us + our photographer around the property in a golf cart after the ceremony. Talk about service! Julie and her team was amazing. From the day we first toured the venue, my mom and I knew we would be in good hands. Julie was always prompt and cheerful in answering all (and there were plenty!) our questions, handled the wedding day timeline effortlessly to keep us on track and stress free, and offered us valuable tips on other vendors/decoration ideas/money saving ideas.

You will not be disappointed with a wedding at Thorpewood!!! Our guests are still raving and we still cannot stop smiling! It was perfect : )

Sent on 01/02/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Megan!! I look forward to seeing photos...soon! :) We are so happy that your wedding day was a joyous and memorable occasion!! Yes, the weather is a factor often later in the year, but as you learned the day can still be beautiful!! We wish you and Andy much joy and happiness. Congratulations and thanks again for the nice review.

Donna · Married on 11/05/2016

At first I thought we were spending to much for the venue. Boy was I wrong. You not only get a beautiful venue, but you get the support and advice from the two of the most wonderful people to deal with. Julie and Lexie and their staff were the best. They helped us from the planning stage through the day of the wedding. My daughters Matron of Honors dress zipper broke. Julie jumped in to action and worked her magic. Everything was perfect. I enjoyed our daughter’s wedding and I believe alot of it was due to Julie and her staff. They take care of everything. Thank you again. I highly recommend having your wedding at this venu e.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Emily · Married on 10/28/2016

This venue was a fairytale. From the first time I visited I knew this would be my venue. Lexi and Julie were absolutely perfect. Every email of mine was answered in a timely manner. The entire place is beautiful and very well kept. I got married at the pine cathedral and the landscaping/care was wonderful. The coordination during the rehearsal and wedding day was great. Any question or concern was answered professionally and respectfully. My guests are still raving on how beautiful everything was about the venue. At the end of the night they help package up decorations and supplies. Lexi made sure my bridal party had coats or blankets up until walking down the isle since it was colder than expected on our big day. I have zero complaints and would recommend this venue to any bride looking for a magical day with help from the nicest wedding coordinators.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Emily for your very nice review! We are so happy that the day is filled with wonderful memories! That is our goal...to provide the best service possible and to ensure the timing is flawless...or close to!! Congratulations!!!

Bridget · Married on 10/23/2016

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding. The location is very serene and beautiful. Our outdoor ceremony was in the pine cathedral which was very naturally beautiful. The lodge where our reception took place was beautiful and comfortable. Lexi is very professional and helped us with our every need to make our wedding go smoothly. It is a fantastic venue that we fell in love with at first sight. It was the perfect place for our wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/22/2016

Bryan and I got married at Thorpewood on October 22nd. It was a very cold and windy day, one of the first of the year! Luckily, one will remember how cold it was because they were so blown away by the beauty of the venue, how courteous and helpful all of the staff were, and how wonderful the food was!
    Julie was always there to answer all of
    My questions about our day and to make sure that everything went seamlessly! I could not have chosen a better venue and it is run by the most wonderful, kind people! I would highly recommend Thorpewood for any special occasion!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi! We love that you found ThorpeWood perfect for your wedding celebration. We are also happy you felt that our staff were kind and friendly...a wonderful compliment!! We thank you for this review and wish you all the best!! Thanks!!

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2016

Mountain Memories at Thorpewood was the most magical place to be married!!! I couldn't have been happier with the location, and staff! Julie is amazing to work with- she answered all of my 100 questions promptly and with a smile. The place itself is so beautiful you don't even need to decorate- wooden tables and floors, white lights, and your surrounded by beautiful mountains and trees. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone planning on getting married, having a reception or other wonderful event- it's absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hey Samantha! Such a fun day with friends and family!! I know it was exactly how you and Shaun wanted it. Please keep in touch and thanks for the kudos...I love my job! Julie

Megan · Married on 10/07/2016

This venue went above and beyond to make my wedding absolutely perfect! From the very beginning, Julie was so flexible when it came to visiting as we were trying to plan for decorations and was quick to respond to all of our questions. The day before while we were decorating, Julie jumped right in and had everything that we need that we forgot to bring...string, tape, you name it..she had it! The day of ran so smoothly, and she kept us on time even though our photographer wanted to stop every where to get the perfect shot! I cannot thank her enough for making my wedding absolutely perfect! This venue is HIGHLY recommended. :)

Sent on 10/08/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hey Megan! A fun, wonderful day of celebration with family and friends. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of this memory!!! All the best!! Julie

Paula · Married on 10/07/2016

Julie and her staff were absolutely wonderful! As the mother of the bride, from the first meeting, throughout the months preceding the wedding, and especially at the rehearsal and wedding day, every question was answered, every concern addressed, every wish, every thought, every request was granted, answered, explained, resolved with kindness, professionalism, and with a smile. The venue was simply beautiful, even without our decorations, but with them, it was stunning and magical. We would highly recommend this gorgeous setting for your wedding and reception.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you so much! We love when parents take a few minutes to write a review...so helpful for other parents interested in similar event details!!! Your review is wonderful and so appreciated!!!

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2016

Our day was absolutely perfect, and we owe most of that to Julie and the staff at Thorpewood. We knew that there would be help the day of the wedding, but we did not expect everything to be as on time, flowing smoothly as it possibly could. We had our ceremony outdoors and it was a nice surprise that after the cocktail hour, our outdoor decorations were brought inside to decorate the fireplace. This inst something we asked for, but a great idea and we loved it. The staff had everything packed and ready for us to go at the end of the evening and we didn't have to lift a finger. Even though our day was rainy, Julie still took us around to get the photos we wanted and provided umbrellas. Our guests are still complimenting out wedding and how beautiful Thorpewood is inside and out. We couldn't have imagined a better day!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks Kayla for taking time to post a review!! It was a fun day and I can't wait to see some of the photos with umbrellas!!! I am so pleased that you will remember your wedding celebration with fond memories!! That is our goal. Congratulations!!!

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

This venue offers multiple locations for an outdoor ceremony of which my daughter chose the Pine Forest where on this beautiful day watching the bridal party come along the wooded path into the ceremony site was nothing short of breathtaking. The lodge was also picturesque with its cathedral log hewn beamed ceilings, floor to ceiling 14 foot wide stone fireplace, and hand carved wood seating tables. If not dancing guests could sit in the quaint screened room adjacent to the dance area, sit out by the bonfire, or play corn hole under the lights in the side yard. Lexi was accommodating and pleasant to work with, all questions were answered promptly, and she made sure that all expectation were met so that our daughter had the PERFECT wedding day.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Michele · Married on 09/24/2016

After my daughter was engaged we did a pretty thorough internet search and starting making appointments to visit venues. She wanted a rustic wedding, to be married outside, eat barbeque and play cornhole. She wanted a barn too!!!! I of course told her she would need to compromise because that combination would be difficult to find. We started our search by attending an Open House at Thorpewood in April 2015. After the visit and the tour, we set a date and felt perfectly fine not visiting any other venue. While at the Open House we spoke to various preferred vendors and left with Kelly Hahn Photograpy, Blossom and Basket Boutique, Shew-sical Entertainment Services, On the Town Limo and Canapes Catering. Molly had her dream wedding on 9/24/16. The day was absolutely magical!!!! The ceremony at the pond was breathtaking. The lodge was lightly lit and stunning when we walked into the reception. Guests raved about the venue and food and said the entire day was perfect!!! I would certainly recommend using the preferred vendors who knew exactly what to do and where to be. It made the planning so easy. The essence of Thorpewood fit the couple perfectly. My daughter is a special educator and she was overheard numerous times explaining that the fees associated with the venue go back into the Thorpewood youth programs. Julie and Lexi do an excellent job with coordination and assistance. I was able to enjoy the actual wedding day because I knew Lexi was taking care of all of the details. It was an amazing day!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Michelle for this wonderful and very thorough review of the services you received at Molly and Joe's wedding! It was our pleasure to provide you with the best we have to offer!! Congratulations!!

Karen · Married on 09/18/2016

We were absolutely thrilled that we were able to have our daughter's wedding at ThorpeWood just two days ago. We were one of the families that needed to find a new wedding venue after the sudden closure of our contracted wedding venue. We literally had 5 weeks to change venues. I can not express how appreciative we are to Julie Castleman and Lexi Hartner, the owners of Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood, Their professionalism goes far beyond our expectations. They made the day/ evening "magical" for my daughter and son in law, as well as all of us. Our guests could not stop raving about the wedding venue. Julie and Lexi make everything look seamless. The lodge is absolutely breathtaking with beautifully wooden beamed high ceilings nestled in the woods. There are various sites to perform the wedding ceremony depending on your personal choice. No worries if it rains..which we were expecting, but thankfully we had a beautiful day and evening. They have plan B ready to be choreographed and they literally take all of your worries away. We now feel that we have new friends at Thorpewood and plan on visiting them in December. . If I could rate Thorpewood higher than a 5 out of 5 , there is no question I would!! As I always tell my daughter, "everything happens for a reason". We were extremely fortunate to have our wedding at ThorpeWood and we could not have been happier!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Lindsay · Married on 09/18/2016

About a month ago, I had the wedding of my dreams at Thorpewood. The venue is magical. The staff was top notch. I was a bride who had to change my location 5 weeks before my September wedding due to the sudden closing of my wedding venue that impacted hundreds of other brides as well. From the beginning, Julie and Lexi were fantastic. They understood the predicament we were in, and made it so easy and fun to plan a wedding there, only 5 weeks before the date! Julie worked with us on all the details and was super accommodating, professional, and very responsive. She took control and made sure my wedding was going to be amazing. She was also the day of coordinator, and boy is she organized! We had our ceremony at the pond site, and as our officiant announced during the ceremony announced, you felt as if you were in the Garden of Eden. The pine cathedral and the arboretum were two other ceremony spots I was considering, but I couldn't pass up on the pond and it's calming, stunning environment. The lodge where the reception takes place I would describe as rustic, classy. It's got these big beautiful wooden beams, beautiful constructed wood tables and chairs that have a very nature/woodsy look to them and are clearly very well constructed. We loved the combination of indoor/outdoor space as well. It threatened to rain all day, but ended up not raining. If it had rained, we would have lost the use of the outdoor open patio, but there was still a covered patio and a screened-in patio that we could use, so our guests would have still been able to wonder in and out with rain protection. We are still getting comments from friends and family that our wedding was one of their all time favorite weddings, and people couldn't stop raving about the venue!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

We are so happy for you and Jed and the whole family! We know this was a very stressful time for you all and are glad that we had an open date and that all came together so beautifully!! Your day is one of my (Julie) favorites!! Thank you for finding us!!!

Leanna · Married on 09/17/2016

We booked ThorpeWood because we wanted a venue that was natural and woodsy, yet clean and elegant. My husband and I were interested in getting married outside, but having our reception indoors, and ThorpeWood perfectly met our initial needs. When we visited we knew we had to get married there! It is SO beautiful, and Lexi was so kind and helpful. We booked about 16 months before the wedding, and up to the minute we got married, Lexi and Julie were always responsive, attentive, and made us feel like our wedding was a priority for them. Our rehearsal went very smoothly; Lexi had solutions for every possible concern, which allowed us to finally relax! After spending so much time planning, I was so happy we could trust her to make sure everything was taken care of. I can't say enough about the day-of. The set-up was simply perfect, and we had so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony site (Pine Cathedral) and the lodge. When it was all over, Lexi had already packaged everything up for us so all we had to do was put the boxes in the car. Thinking back, I had absolutely no stress the day of the wedding, and I owe that to Lexi. She made it so we could truly enjoy our day. I absolutely recommend Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2016

We made a really good decision when we booked Thorpewood for our wedding. We saw probably about eight venues and Thorpewood was definitely the prettiest. Our wedding was in the pine cathedral which was perfect. If it had rained, the backup option we chose was a pavilion with open sides so it still feels like you're out in the woods. Julie was very responsive throughout the whole process. She and her staff made the day fantastic. They coordinated everything for us so we didn't have to worry about anything. Their staff helped back everything up as well at the end of the night. One thing I would've liked is a walkie talkie or something in the loft. After the ceremony/pictures we went up in the loft to eat appetizers. Neither of us were very hungry so we were ready for our entrance very quickly. However, we didn't have a way to communicate with anyone so sat around for about 10 minutes. In the scheme of things it really wasn't a big deal and many couples probably would want to use that whole time, but we were anxious to get to the party! The venue was beautiful, the staff was very friendly, and we could not be more pleased with Thorpewood. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous it was.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Robert · Married on 09/10/2016

Know that the staff, especially Julie, is very organized and thorough, and will guide you through a number of issues with confidence and experience. The actual event will be perfect, as staff and management know their roles and fulfill them perfectly

Sent on 09/22/2016

Erin · Married on 09/09/2016

I don't have enough good things to say about Thorpewood!!!! Besides being an absolutely beautiful place that you will immediately fall in love with, everyone there is so wonderful to work with. They help you step by step through the process and are accommodating of all your needs. I could not have been happier with how our wedding turned out. It was perfect and I can't thank them enough. I highly recommend them....you won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 09/20/2016

Norma · Married on 09/09/2016

ThorpeWood was everything our daughter was looking for in an outdoor rustic setting for her wedding. Julie and her staff are exceptionaL. Julie made sure
    everything went smooth and on time. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the venue is and how beautiful the wedding was, and we could not have done this without Julie and her staff. We were so impressed and grateful.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kendall · Married on 09/04/2016

Thorpewood is a wonderful venue! Though I am not getting married until next year, I can already tell that it will be everything I ever dreamed of. The staff has been very flexible with our scheduling and was able to fit is in for a tour quickly. My fiancé and I always seem to bring the rain when a BIG event happens. That's okay though, we love the rain. Let me tell you, right after we signed for our date, it poured. This venue has so many wonderful locations to choose from and Ideas/assistance when it comes to a successful wedding that I can't wait to work with them more.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Kendall! We look forward to working with you and Ryan in the coming months as you plan this special celebration! We are always happy to help and make suggestions. We strive to provide our clients with the best service, while paying attention to details, which ensure that we are helping create a couples fairytale wedding that they will remember for a lifetime!

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Choosing ThorpeWood was the best decision my husband and I could have made! Julie and her staff are so knowledgeable, helpful, prompt and comforting. They went above and beyond every step of the way. The many locations within the same property to have your ceremony, cocktail and reception hours make it feel like you booked 4 venues at once! ThorpeWood is a beautiful, romantic place with an ambiance that screams wedding! Thank you Julie!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hello Jessica and Troy! Thank you for this wonderful review! Your wedding was so fun and your family and friends adore you both!! Thank you for choosing us for this celebration!! Much love to you both!! Congratulations!!

Robert W. · Married on 09/03/2016

What a memorable time! I cannot say anything more about this amazing place and the amazing people here, especially Julie. From the moment we met Julie, we knew this was the place to host this wedding and the person to lead the charge. I can say over a 100 things about Julie and her staff, the grounds and the entire event. If you want a direct, positive, involved event where you can plan everything at a reasonable cost, call Julie and set up a tour right now! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks so much Robert!! I had such a great time meeting you and all of Troy and Jessica's family and friends!!! Your help was invaluable!! I look forward to seeing you again on the mountain! Julie

Brynn · Married on 08/26/2016

Jason and I celebrated our nuptials at ThorpeWood this past Friday (8/26/16) and we simply cannot share enough how pleased we are with the venue and their service.

Now we've been working with Julie for a long time as our engagement was just over 2 years. While we are wedding professionals ourselves, you really don't know what it's like to be the couple getting married until you're the one saying "I do". Julie and her team's service far surpassed our expectations. I don't know if there is a word powerful enough to describe how wonderful they are. Attentive, polite, friendly, honest, sincere, caring, organized - all these qualities and more were provided to us on our big day.

The ThorpeWood team felt like family, and we were so blessed to share this day with them at their beautiful venue. THANK YOU Julie, Sam and your entire team for all you did for us. We are beyond grateful for your time and hard work. We will never forget your impact on our day, and hope to continue to our friendship with you.

Love,
    Brynn+Jason

Sent on 09/08/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

:) Thanks Brynn and Jason!! So glad that the day was all you had planned and hoped for. It was a pleasure to work through all of your beautiful details over the past many months and see them come together so nicely!!! Please keep in touch with us!!

Anna · Married on 08/21/2016

My sister got married here in August (eek!) and it was lovely. I was a little concerned about all of the DIY things we had to do and was hoping she would hire a day of person, but Julie is amazing, full service, and much more laid back and pleasant to interact with than most of the wedding planners I have known. Great experience, and totally beautiful setting.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this review! It is always great to hear from family members!!