Mountain Flour Reviews

25 | Eagle, CO

25 Reviews for Mountain Flour

25 Mountain Flour Reviews

Brittany · Married on 08/27/2017

Great Cake, Stress Free Delivery, they made it look exactly how I wanted!

john · Married on 09/17/2016

Mountain Flour was a professional experience and it was all done over the internet and telephone. Highly recommended!

Megan · Married on 07/24/2015

Our wedding cake was amazing and beautiful! Not only was it perfect on the outside but it was also delicious tasting! It is hard to come by a cake where both components are of such high quality. We went with a layer of italian creme and the other two layers were yellow cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. The cake was so good that we didn't even get entire piece ourselves! Shawn was great to work with and super helpful as well! You would be hard pressed to find a better cake vendor anywhere in the Vail Valley!

I loved my cake and it was exactly as I had pictured it. The design really complemented my theme and of course the cake was delicious!

Sean made us a beautiful aspen tree, rustic but elegant cake topper for us to cut as well as delicious cupcakes for our guests and on short notice! Everyone loved the cupcakes. Mountain Flour provides many choices and is a great value. If your looking for Vail designer wedding cakes but without the jacked-up price tag, this is your place.

Shawn and Mountain Flour did an amazing job on our wedding cake and grooms' cake. They were both exactly what my husband and I wanted - absolutely beautiful and SO tasty!! I cannot say enough good things about Mountain Flour!

Kathy · Married on 07/26/2014

Our daughter's wedding cake from Mountain Flour was not only beautiful, but also so fresh and delicious! We received many comments from guests about how wonderful the cake was! Shawn also provided Tuxedo Strawberries for dessert, and they were also excellent. The strawberries were beautiful, very juicy and sweet. Shawn was very responsive and professional.

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/28/2014

My husband and I aren't really fans of cake so we were looking for something a little different for our wedding and we found it at Mountain Flour. We ended up picking tuxedo chocolate covered strawberries which turned out amazingly! The berries were HUGE and the chocolate was delicious. Each one was obviously decorated with care and the price was VERY reasonable, especially for the area. The best part was that Shawn was very responsive to our emails and made the planning process so easy, even though it was long distance. I highly recommend Mountain Flour to anyone planning a wedding.

cynthia · Married on 01/18/2014

Excellent Cakes. We had a party of 200 guests and the wedding cake was
    exactly what we ordered and the groom's cake was a chocolate Brown Trout!
    It turned out perfect and everyone was pleased with both cakes. I would
    highly recommend Mountain Flour for a wedding event!

Shawn did such a amazing job on my daughter's wedding cake this past weekend. A beautiful aspen tree wedding cake and such attention to detail - so awesome!! I would recommend anyone in the Colorado mountain area choose Mountain Flour for their wedding cake!

Loved, loved our cakes!! Mountain Flour made us an absolutely stunning wedding cake that tasted delightful. But, I have to admit we were most happy about our peanut butter and chocolate steam engine groom's cake! Mountain Flour took our vision and made it into a scrumptious and perfect rendition. I'd absolutely recommend Mountain Flour!

• O

O · Married on 07/15/2011

AMAZING! Delicious! I am gluten free so they made the top layer GF and the rest regular. It was delivered on time/perfectly and our guests loved it! I ate 2 pieces!! My husband's uncle said it was the best white cake he's ever had!! When we go back to CO (Destination wedding!), I want to order another cake! Highly highly recommend!!

Lisa · Married on 07/25/2009

Shawn created a wonderful cake that matched our custom cake topper perfectly. We received so many compliments about how great the cake looked. What was even better was that the cake tasted great too! I would highly recommend Mountain Flour.

• Brian and Veronica

Veronica · Married on 07/25/2009

This cake was so yummmy.
    I had to hide the cake we brought home for our one year anniversary bite because everyone wanted "One more bite".
    We had a really great experience with Mountain Flour. We had a ivory cake and mountain design. It was PERFECT!!!!

marguerite · Married on 10/11/2008

After working weddings as a server for two summers here in Vail, Colorado.. I'd eaten a lot of wedding cake. Every Mountain Flour cake was decorated beautifully and always fresh. Not so with some of the others, so when I got engaged I immediately locked in Mountain Flour for the cake. I got a beautifully decorated cake that many of my guests raved about so much the next day, I had to serve some of my reserve at the Wedding brunch! (Yes, I ordered extra.) My favorite, the White Chocolate Mouse with Raspberries.

Nina · Married on 09/18/2008

We got a worldclass cake and also really good service. And the cake was a really big hit at our wedding. It was good.

Caroline · Married on 07/11/2008

Mountain Flour makes amazing cakes! I brought in a picture of a cake I had found in a magazine that looked quite complicated. They had no problem replicating the cake, and my friends and family claimed it was the best cake they had ever had. I highly recommend Mountain Flour!

• Kelli

Kelli · Married on 07/07/2017

Shawn with Mountain Flour was great and easy to work with! We scheduled a cake tasting with him which made the decision hard on which flavor to choose. 99% of our communication was by email which made it easy for me! He arrived on time with exactly what we asked for and all the guests loved the cake! We highly recommend Mountain Flour if you have a wedding in the Eagle County area.

Kate · Married on 06/04/2011

Our wedding cake was delicious and just what we wanted (it was a tiny ceremonial cake but we had a very specific vision) Shawn got right back to us, gave us some input about additional options to consider, told us he could do what we were envisioning, and the cake was in the right place at the right time with the right cake stand which he picked up from our wedding coordinators. We hired him pretty last minute and it was just a small cake so we didn't have tons of interaction, but it was a really easy and pleasant process, the cake looked great, and most importantly it was delicious! We ate most of it for breakfast with our guests the next morning, it was bigger than it looked!

Erin · Married on 09/14/2008

Mountain Flour provided us with a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. It was exactly as we wanted, and Shawn created the cake perfectly.

Mary · Married on 11/01/2008

This was the best cake I have had! It took a while to get ahold of them in the beginning, but I am so glad we oredered from them! The cake was worth every penny we paid! I would order another cake from them just because of how good it was. There were so many different options for flavors too. They made my cake with fondant icing when every other baker around this area told me they couldn't. Great choice for any occasion!

KARIN · Married on 09/01/2018

Delicious cake with 2 flavors; guests enjoyed it very much. We were concerned it wouldn't be moist as we have tasted wedding cakes that were dry, especially in the high altitudes. However, no disappointment there.

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/18/2011

Shawn did great work on our cake, he listened to what we wanted and provided feedback on his thoughts. He delivered a Beautiful cake that was exactly what we had envisioned. He was responsive and helpful during the entire planning process as it was a destination wedding, we had send multiple pictures and ideas of everything we had LIKED. Three days before the wedding we did our tasting and made our final decision, he had PRINTED all of my images I had sent and had them laying out on the table, we worked together looking through his portfolio and choosing what we wanted. The cake was also extremely delicious! Cant wait for ANNIVERSARY cake!!!!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/23/2018

3.0

Delicious!

Mountain Flour has really delicious cakes. We had a couple of cake tastings, and theirs definitely had the best flavor. We ended up going with them because of it! Our cake was beautiful, tasted delicious, and everyone loved it! Shawn was a little difficult to get in touch with, but it was worth the extra effort!

• Sherry

Sherry · Married on 07/26/2013

3.0

Shawn at Mountain Flour provided us a 3 tier wedding cake and petit fours (bite sized desserts) for our wedding in Vail. The cake tasted amazing! The mini desserts were good and we were able to get a wide variety, from cookies, to cheesecake, to carrot cake.

We aren't from Colorado and were only able to make it out for a handful of trips before the wedding, and we never able to coordinate a time to meet and have a tasting prior to the wedding, which made me a little nervous, but turned out to be no problem.

There were a couple of occassions where it took a week or two to get back to an email, but usually wasn't a problem.