Mount Palomar Winery Reviews

99 | Temecula, CA

99 Reviews for Mount Palomar Winery

Meg · Married on 09/15/2017

Absolutely breathtaking wedding we just had at Mount Palomar Winery. My husband and I got married this September and the weather was beyond perfect. We had the most beautiful backdrop with vineyards all around and sunset hitting right at dinner hour. The venue is filled with lush landscape making it the premiere location for a vineyard wedding. Our guests have sent us so many compliments and describe it as being one of the best weddings they've been to. Our wedding coordinator Lauren is phenomenal, extremely professional and very thorough in the planning process. The day of the wedding the Mount Palomar team executed and everything went as smooth as possible. If I could do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. If you're on the fence on your venue, this place will definitely not let you down.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Beth · Married on 10/11/2015

After meeting with Lauren, she told us about some of the wonderful features that made MPW stand out, such as: they only host one wedding a day, a 6-month membership would be included, we would have access to all three locations, she would be our day-of-coordinator, and they had both a bridal and a groom’s suite.
    The suites were filled with their sparkling wine, the rooms were clean, and both Lauren and Cassie were constantly checking in with me to make sure the day went by smoothly and that I had everything I needed. The only hiccup I had that day was that my parents table (#1) was put in the back instead of up front with me, but they didn't seem to let it bother them.
    After mingling with the rest of the guests though, the one word that was constantly repeated was “Magical”. Everyone was so impressed by the ambiance of the romantic atmosphere that MPW provided. Under the night sky, people danced and laughed and enjoyed themselves to the very end. My husband and I would highly recommend MPW to anyone who is looking for a fairytale wedding.

Sent on 01/18/2016

melissa · Married on 09/20/2015

This is the best winery in Temecula for a wedding for SO many reasons. The outdoor areas have by far the most breathtaking views of the area. Since you are up on the hill, it is so quiet, so private and all of our guests were blown away by the view. The reception area outdoor is also fantastic. It features amazing views as well as the beautiful lighting that looks great in photos. Lauren, the wedding planner at Mount Palomar, is so great to work with. She is very calm, knows what she is doing and how to make your vision come to life. She was also fantastic to all of our vendors and each of them said they loved working with her. Everyone we dealt with at the winery was so friendly and accommodating. The wines we were able to select were amazing and our guests loved the food. I would highly recommend having your wedding at Mount Palomar, they made my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Ada

Ada · Married on 09/06/2015

I visited about a dozen venues (mostly wineries) in Temecula, and it didn't take long to narrow it down to Mount Palomar. These were my main reasons:
    - The venue is beautiful, with many locations to take gorgeous photos. The barrel room provided such a beautiful and unique setting for a reception.
    - The venue and service was more affordable compared to other venues.
    - I was worried that we could not reach the guest minimum at most venues, but Mount Palomar allows you to upgrade the linens, purchase bottles of wine for the wedding day, etc. to reach the equivalent cost of the minimum.
    - Although the winery is open to the public during the day, the ceremony site was distant enough to keep the event private. Many other wineries were too commercial and did not offer privacy.

Overall, our expectations were met! The food was a small downside for us. The winery partners with a catering company, so we didn't have much of a choice there. Also, our wedding cake came with 3 flavors, but only 2 of them were served. When a guest asked a staff member for the cake that wasn’t served, the staff said there wasn't such a cake available. This was my only disappointment with the service, and it was a small one in the grand scheme of things.

The wedding day would not have gone as smoothly if it weren't for the coordinator Lauren, her assistant Cassie, and the staff at Mount Palomar! Lauren and Cassie answered any questions I had. Even though many people warn against just having a "venue coordinator," Lauren was essentially a "day-of-coordinator." Lauren contacts all your other wedding vendors prior to the wedding day and helps you plan and coordinate the wedding timeline. We were able to drop off any of our DIYs (card box, favors, etc.) for the staff to set up for us on the wedding day.

So many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how my wedding was the classiest one they've ever been to. I highly recommend considering Mount Palomar as your wedding venue!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Sandra · Married on 12/12/2012

Thank you for the great day...; )

Sent on 03/05/2013
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 10/11/2018

Best day ever

My husband and I got married at Mount Palomar Winery on 10.11.18. It was the most beautiful day that we could have ever imagined! Finding a venue is never easy, but once we saw the beautiful greenery, the mountain views, the vines, and the ceremony site of Mount Palomar Winery, we were sold! We absolutely LOVED working with the staff and team of MPW! Sandy, Kimberly, Lauren and the other Mount Palomar staff took the best possible care of us not only on our wedding day but on each day we spoke prior to. They helped us pick the food, the wine, plan where the decorations would be placed, and finally helped us organize our vendors. There are so many moving pieces on the big day and Mount Palomar staff did their very best work to make sure everything was beautiful and went according to the plan!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Renee · Married on 05/06/2018

Mount Palomar is a stunning, unforgettable venue for a wedding. Our family and friends still rave about our special day there. My husband and I live in Chicago and we appreciated that Lauren and her team made it easy to plan our wedding from far away. We visited the venue once, signed the agreement and came out only one more time for the catering and wine tasting. The rest was handled via email and phone calls - which we appreciated!
    The food was outstanding, the wines were great and the day flowed smoothly with the coordination from the Mount Palomar team.
    I have been a bit surprised that no one from Mount Palomar followed up with me after the wedding seeking feedback about our experience. If they had, I'd have shared with them that one thing slipped through the cracks: we were supposed to have a wine-blending ceremony and no one put the wine out for it to take place. We ended up having to do a bit of improv during the ceremony and since it was listed in our program, a few people asked us why we skipped that part. I presumed that the venue would provide and set up these items and no one told me that I needed to bring the items and have them set up for the ceremony. I'm still not sure whose responsibility that part was. Because of this, I couldn't give perfect 5 stars across the board.
    However despite that oversight/miscommunication (not sure which it was?), if given the chance to do it all over again, I'd still choose Mount Palomar Winery for our wedding ceremony and reception site. The team there helped us to create a beautiful, unforgettable day.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Phi · Married on 09/30/2016

My wife and I had our dream outdoor wedding at Mount Palomar Winery last September! Only about an hours drive from our home in San Diego, we had previously visited this winery during our first day trip to Temecula wine country. What we liked about the venue was its positive energy and open space, which made for an especially delightful environment to enjoy wine. We were happy to find that the venue was also very affordable, and conveniently located only about an hour away from our family in Orange County. As we expected, our guests, both local and out-of-towners, were blown away by the venue. It sure felt great having some of our most well-traveled guests compliment our venue of choice!

While we had gone in knowing that the event space was special, what was really memorable for us was the exceptional staff. During the planning process, they focused on our desires and were flexible when working with other vendors. This exemplary conduct transferred into the wedding day, where the staff really went above and beyond, treating all guests with respect, friendliness, and professionalism. They were reliable and anticipated our needs, which made us feel relaxed and stress-free, allowing us to savor every special moment with each other.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Kate · Married on 09/16/2016

My husband and I were married on September 24, 2016. When we started wedding planning, we knew we wanted to get married at a winery, but we weren't sure which one. After checking out close to 20 venues, Mount Palomar was a no-brainer for a stunning, outdoor wedding. The entire planning process was very smooth from start to finish. Lauren was really helpful, and we also loved all the staff at the winery. We were quite pleased that we didn't have to worry about catering, linens, set-up, staff, etc., because the winery provided all of that in our cost. Quick side note- you get six months of wine club for free when you book a wedding there. We definitely enjoyed that perk, and we also purchased a wine barrel with the discount, which we used as our guest book! Anyways, the day of our wedding was smooth and I had no worries whatsoever. All of the vendors coordinated with the Mt. Palomar staff, so I wasn't involved in anything. I got to enjoy the bridal suite with my girlfriends and a few bottles of sparkling! We received so many compliments on how stunning the venue was, and I must say it couldn't have been a more perfect outdoor wedding, between the ceremony background, the reception area (market strung lighting, fountain, bar areas, etc. - all gorgeous), the grounds for pictures, etc. We were beyond happy that we held our wedding at Mt. Palomar and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rustic, elegant, winery wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Erica · Married on 08/13/2016

Mount Palomar was fantastic - so many of our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We got married in August and I was really worried about the heat. I'm not going to lie, it was HOT in August - but it was manageable. For the ceremony, we had Mount Palomar serve water and tray passed Champagne and used their parasols. I bought paddle fans separately. Our guests used everything and we kept the ceremony short (15 min) - and everyone was back in the shade. Once the reception started at 6:30 it was very comfortable and the perfect outdoor wedding weather.

The staff at Mount Palomar helped everything go off without a hitch - they helped us line up for the ceremony site, kept us on time, ensured everything was set for the reception, it was great. The food was good too - not the best we've ever had but it was good wedding food. Recommend the chicken over the steak since the stuffing in the chicken kept it moist.

The drinks were also phenomenal - we had them do the raspberry mojito, the margarita, the lemonade w. vodka, and whiskey and coke and people raved about not only the wines but also the drinks. Highly recommend.

135 guests @ 120/plate

Sent on 08/25/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/16/2016

We recently got married at Mount Palomar this past July and I must say it was a dream wedding. The staff was on board with all my crazy ideas (lawn games, photo booth, cupcakes....) and helped to give us anything we needed. The space is unbeatable, from its sweeping views of other vineyards, to the sunsets at night, it is just gorgeous. We barely had to do much decorating in the venue space because it is surrounded by vines, roses, and market lights.

Both the Bridal and Grooms suites are large spaces, we fit all our parties, parents, grandparents, and even a few friends in them (and Palomar helped to stock the mini fridges with Palomar sparking wine!) It truly was a stress-free day because Palomar helped out so much with the set up.

The best part of working with Palomar is how inclusive it all is. It is one price which included the open bar and caterer (which is fantastic food!) We didn't have to scourer around looking for all the vendors. They made it easy which is so nice when planning a big wedding. Anyone thinking of Mount Palomar for their wedding, we highly recommend.

Sent on 09/17/2016

I loved everything about this venue. I wish there had been a little more flexibility with the catering option, but I have no complaints. To be fair, I had no time to eat at the wedding (so I have no idea what the food was like - but we had no complaints from guests), and even that's only because we were too busy having fun. Everyone was very professional and made things so smooth for us. We planned most of the wedding from out of state, and had no problems coordinating between our planner and the venue. Lauren was really helpful and responsive whenever needed.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Shiva · Married on 01/25/2014

We are glad that we had our wedding at Mt. Palomar Winery. All our family and friends both within the country and overseas enjoyed the wedding. The staff is friendly and very accommodative. They are very experienced, which enabled a very well managed event.

Sent on 02/11/2014
  • Vivianne

Vivianne · Married on 08/19/2012

While our wedding was small (less than 40), MPW staff went out of their way to be exceptional in customizing a wedding and reception that met our budget. We wanted a small yet sophisticated looking reception which is what we recieved. The barrel room was gorgeous and the food was delicious. The guests thoroughly enjoyed the winery, staff, and the abundance of food and libation. Since our reception, many of our guests have visited MPW on their own.

Sent on 12/15/2012

Nikki · Married on 09/02/2017

After looking at several venues in the Temecula area my husband and I choose Mt. Palomar Winery. Not only are the grounds amazing but it was also very convenient having your venue, tables/chairs/linens, caterer and bar all included for one price.

The location itself has a few different areas for your wedding/reception that are isolated from the tasting room/main area. We really enjoyed this intimacy and the ability to take pictures without worrying about vineyard guests standing in the background. We also liked the fact that you are the only wedding on your special day so you don't need to feel rushed or in anyone's way.

The vineyard's staff are also great. Between the time we booked and our wedding day we tasted/visited the vineyard several times. Each time the sommeliers and tasting room staff greeted us warmly and many asked us how the planning was going. Although Lauren was the one who originally helped us, Sandy was a HUGE help as we got closer to the wedding. She was always very timely in getting back to us regarding last minute changes and was always so helpful in answering our questions. She also took great care of the wedding party on the day of and made sure my husband and I were always happy. Sandy was also very kind in dealing with our groomsmen who lost track of time on their way out.

My only complaints were that the business office was disorganized throughout the process and a high level event staff member was very rude to my mother at the end of my wedding when packing up the bridal suite. But other than that the wedding was amazing, the pictures at the venue are incredible and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 10/10/2017

dilyana · Married on 05/12/2017

Beautiful venue with stunning vineyard views!! We had an amazing wedding at Mount Palomar and our guests were very impressed!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Erica · Married on 08/22/2015

Lauren and Cassie and the rest of the staff at Mount Palomar Winery really helped to make our wedding day the most beautiful day of our lives. Both Lauren and Cassie were there to help make sure all our tedious DIY favors and decorations, etc. made it to their proper places, as well as making sure that all our outside vendors were informed and looped in on the happenings of the day as well. This was a HUGE help as I didn't have a wedding planner or day of coordinator! Throughout the day, both Lauren and Cassie were there to make sure my husband and I had our drinks refilled and to make sure everything was going off without a hitch. They were instrumental and we couldn't have done it with out them! On top of it all, they are both so sweet and genuine and make you feel like you're a part of the Mount Palomar Family. :) And the venue itself is just stunning! We got married August 22, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect that day - which is great since we were having an all outdoor wedding! I highly recommend doing the reception outside as well (although their barrel room is gorgeous!) because it doesn't get much more beautiful or picture perfect than this place! The bistro lights sparkle so wonderfully as the sun is starting to set and on into the evening... It's all just so magical! And it goes with out saying that the wine is PHENOMENAL! You get to choose 4 wines for the day of, and you really can't go wrong! We had so much fun choosing our wines and went back for many tastings throughout the wedding planning processes. If you're lucky, you'll have Kevin or Taylor helping you out and pouring your wine tastings - both of them are so sweet and were a HUGE help to us :) All in all, everything and everyone at Mount Palomar are top notch and it was the absolute best decision for our wedding venue. We have since become wine club members and are just so happy to be a part of this wonderful winery and the amazing people associated with it.

Sent on 09/17/2015
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfect Wedding

We had our May wedding at Mount Palomar and it was absolutely gorgeous! Truly the most breathtaking landscapes in Temecula. So many great spots for photos! We used the barrel room for cocktail hour and then went back outside for the reception. I know this was not a common choice, but I am so happy our guests got to experience both locations (most guests were coming from Arizona and had never been to a winery or barrel room). Sandy was always quick to respond to all my questions and everything went smoothly on the day of. We had a perfect wedding! Thanks Mount Palomar Team!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Nathan · Married on 05/21/2016

Recently got married at Mt Palomar winery and I am very pleased with how everything turned out. The staff were extremely professional and helpful from day one and always worked hard to meet our needs. I am so thankful for everything that they did. The space is gorgeous and provides many great opportunities for photos. Pricing is very competitive and it comes with a large number of perks and services, which made us feel very comfortable throughout the planning process.

People were raving about the wedding and the property and staff were a huge part of that. I would recommend this winery to anyone looking for a wonderful venue in the Temecula area!

Sent on 06/09/2016

jacqueline · Married on 05/27/2017

3.0

We had our wedding on 5/27/17 and it was such a beautiful and well organized event! The staff is so attentive, especially on the day of. I'm so glad they had a coordinator because I was too busy trying to enjoy myself to think about anything else. My whole family was surprised at how beautiful the venue is. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Anya · Married on 05/18/2013

4.2
      3.5

The team at Mount Palomar Winery was exceptional! Everyone did an amazing job to make sure that the entire day was perfect. My own wedding coordinator failed tremendously if it wasn't for Lauren Shields and her staff the day wouldn't have a happy ending. The amount of details that went into our special day and how everything came together is all because of her and her team. We are so happy that we decided to get married at Mount Palomar Winery. The food and the wine was better than we expected. Highly recommend this venue and the team that puts it all together.

Sincerely,

Anya and Bruce Springer

Sent on 02/13/2014

MADELYN · Married on 05/26/2018

3.6
      2.0

I just had my wedding here last month, and I would totally have given them more stars but let me just go over what made Mount Palomar an amazing wedding venue.

-GORGEOUS ceremony and reception venue
    -Staff was organized and time efficient
    -Our coordinator, Kimberly was great at controlling our rowdy wedding party and keeping us on schedule
    -Food was delicious

What really disappointed me about this venue was that ALOT of our guests complained that the venue was being very stingy about the food. Nobody was allowed second helpings and even the toasting champagne was taken away BEFORE most of our guests were even able to finish them! We paid good money for this food and for me to hear from our guests (including family) that they had gone hungry at our reception due to staff witholding food from them, really angers me to be honest. Why am I angry do you ask? Because I heard that not only did they not give our guests second helpings, but they packed the extra food away!!! Why would they pack the food away THAT WE PAID FOR WITH OUR HARDEARNED MONEY when our guests wanted more??? Maybe they were hoping we (my husband and I) wouldnt notice that we were being a bit short changed?? Another thing that irks me even more is that we had 9 people who did not show up to the wedding who I am assuming should have been accounted for, ergo, our venue should have had a surplus of food due to a smaller headcount than anticipated.

Hoping I get a clear and honest explanation for this. I really did want to give them an above average rating, but this service is unacceptable.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Mia · Married on 09/27/2012

2.5

this staff was amazing, courteous and professional. The location, ceremony and reception was beautiful! our contract included rehearsal dinner at shortys the evening before wedding date. hours before our rehearsal dinner, we received a phone call informing us shortys would be closed at 5 p.m. rehearsal dinner cancelled! This phone call came from Lauren.we signed a contract April of 2012 they have plenty of time to notify us of changes. the day of the wedding my husband noticed the owner complaining to our photographer about leaving the door open to the men's dressing room whilel he was taking pictures and also complaining about having to turn on the AC in the ladies dressingroom. Thank you for allowing us to share our experiences.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Mount Palomar Winery's reply:

Thank you for your review Mia.

After reviewing your wedding contract again, we would like to clarify that a Rehearsal Dinner was not included in any of the terms and conditions displayed in the original agreement. We apologize for any miscommunication and grief this may have caused. Feel free to contact us directly at 951-676-5047 ext 118 if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Happy belated 1 year anniversary!
  • User3820169 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      2.0

PROS:
    The wine is very good.
    The pre-wedding bridal/groom suits were very nice.
    The wedding ceremony spot was very pretty.
    Great bartenders
    CONS:
    The wedding coordinator said there would be no plastic however there were plasic forks, cups and plates during the cocktail hour. Styrofoam cups for coffee at reception. The sauces on the table were in plasic bowls accompanied with plastic spoons.

They told me they would set up everything, anything I had I was to photograph and leave description as to how it was to be decorated. There was also a layout of reception they asked me to fill out and label table numbers, cake table, coffee area, dj area, etc. They ignored my layout and put everything incorrectly. They also messed up the table numbers so there was no table 9, so the whole table didn't know where to sit and ended up using a different table that was right by the sweatheart table where family were suppose to sit :/. dj in wrong place. overall overly frustrating.
    Also my groomsman and bridesmaids ended up setting up the ceremony area.

The staff had also reassured me ahead of time that I would not need to make any signs for the wedding day as they will be providing signs so guest would not get lost. The sign said event 1 on it.. nothing about a wedding or who's wedding. and it was computer paper. if i would have known how poorly they would have done something I would have put forth the money so my guest would not get lost... which they did.

I also asked them to move the guest book from ceremony to reception, this was notably done after all guests were in the reception location so no one ended up signing the guest book at the reception.
    The caterer was a big problem. We went to the tasting and the food looked completely different. on the day of the wedding there were no bread as requested. cuts of meat were terrible. and sizes were miniscule. overall huge disappointment and embarrassment.
    I spent too much money on the service I received.

Sent on 01/15/2014