69 Reviews for Mount Palomar Winery

Limited Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
69 Mount Palomar Winery Reviews

Absolutely breathtaking wedding we just had at Mount Palomar Winery. My husband and I got married this September and the weather was beyond perfect. We had the most beautiful backdrop with vineyards all around and sunset hitting right at dinner hour. The venue is filled with lush landscape making it the premiere location for a vineyard wedding. Our guests have sent us so many compliments and describe it as being one of the best weddings they've been to. Our wedding coordinator Lauren is phenomenal, extremely professional and very thorough in the planning process. The day of the wedding the Mount Palomar team executed and everything went as smooth as possible. If I could do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. If you're on the fence on your venue, this place will definitely not let you down.

Profile Picture Meg, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

After meeting with Lauren, she told us about some of the wonderful features that made MPW stand out, such as: they only host one wedding a day, a 6-month membership would be included, we would have access to all three locations, she would be our day-of-coordinator, and they had both a bridal and a groom’s suite.
The suites were filled with their sparkling wine, the rooms were clean, and both Lauren and Cassie were constantly checking in with me to make sure the day went by smoothly and that I had everything I needed. The only hiccup I had that day was that my parents table (#1) was put in the back instead of up front with me, but they didn't seem to let it bother them.
After mingling with the rest of the guests though, the one word that was constantly repeated was “Magical”. Everyone was so impressed by the ambiance of the romantic atmosphere that MPW provided. Under the night sky, people danced and laughed and enjoyed themselves to the very end. My husband and I would highly recommend MPW to anyone who is looking for a fairytale wedding.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

This is the best winery in Temecula for a wedding for SO many reasons. The outdoor areas have by far the most breathtaking views of the area. Since you are up on the hill, it is so quiet, so private and all of our guests were blown away by the view. The reception area outdoor is also fantastic. It features amazing views as well as the beautiful lighting that looks great in photos. Lauren, the wedding planner at Mount Palomar, is so great to work with. She is very calm, knows what she is doing and how to make your vision come to life. She was also fantastic to all of our vendors and each of them said they loved working with her. Everyone we dealt with at the winery was so friendly and accommodating. The wines we were able to select were amazing and our guests loved the food. I would highly recommend having your wedding at Mount Palomar, they made my dream wedding come true!

Profile Picture melissa, 9/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

I visited about a dozen venues (mostly wineries) in Temecula, and it didn't take long to narrow it down to Mount Palomar. These were my main reasons:
- The venue is beautiful, with many locations to take gorgeous photos. The barrel room provided such a beautiful and unique setting for a reception.
- The venue and service was more affordable compared to other venues.
- I was worried that we could not reach the guest minimum at most venues, but Mount Palomar allows you to upgrade the linens, purchase bottles of wine for the wedding day, etc. to reach the equivalent cost of the minimum.
- Although the winery is open to the public during the day, the ceremony site was distant enough to keep the event private. Many other wineries were too commercial and did not offer privacy.

Overall, our expectations were met! The food was a small downside for us. The winery partners with a catering company, so we didn't have much of a choice there. Also, our wedding cake came with 3 flavors, but only 2 of them were served. When a guest asked a staff member for the cake that wasn’t served, the staff said there wasn't such a cake available. This was my only disappointment with the service, and it was a small one in the grand scheme of things.

The wedding day would not have gone as smoothly if it weren't for the coordinator Lauren, her assistant Cassie, and the staff at Mount Palomar! Lauren and Cassie answered any questions I had. Even though many people warn against just having a "venue coordinator," Lauren was essentially a "day-of-coordinator." Lauren contacts all your other wedding vendors prior to the wedding day and helps you plan and coordinate the wedding timeline. We were able to drop off any of our DIYs (card box, favors, etc.) for the staff to set up for us on the wedding day.

So many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how my wedding was the classiest one they've ever been to. I highly recommend considering Mount Palomar as your wedding venue!

Profile Picture Ada, 9/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

Thank you for the great day...; )

Profile Picture Sandra, 12/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married on September 24, 2016. When we started wedding planning, we knew we wanted to get married at a winery, but we weren't sure which one. After checking out close to 20 venues, Mount Palomar was a no-brainer for a stunning, outdoor wedding. The entire planning process was very smooth from start to finish. Lauren was really helpful, and we also loved all the staff at the winery. We were quite pleased that we didn't have to worry about catering, linens, set-up, staff, etc., because the winery provided all of that in our cost. Quick side note- you get six months of wine club for free when you book a wedding there. We definitely enjoyed that perk, and we also purchased a wine barrel with the discount, which we used as our guest book! Anyways, the day of our wedding was smooth and I had no worries whatsoever. All of the vendors coordinated with the Mt. Palomar staff, so I wasn't involved in anything. I got to enjoy the bridal suite with my girlfriends and a few bottles of sparkling! We received so many compliments on how stunning the venue was, and I must say it couldn't have been a more perfect outdoor wedding, between the ceremony background, the reception area (market strung lighting, fountain, bar areas, etc. - all gorgeous), the grounds for pictures, etc. We were beyond happy that we held our wedding at Mt. Palomar and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rustic, elegant, winery wedding!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Mount Palomar was fantastic - so many of our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We got married in August and I was really worried about the heat. I'm not going to lie, it was HOT in August - but it was manageable. For the ceremony, we had Mount Palomar serve water and tray passed Champagne and used their parasols. I bought paddle fans separately. Our guests used everything and we kept the ceremony short (15 min) - and everyone was back in the shade. Once the reception started at 6:30 it was very comfortable and the perfect outdoor wedding weather.

The staff at Mount Palomar helped everything go off without a hitch - they helped us line up for the ceremony site, kept us on time, ensured everything was set for the reception, it was great. The food was good too - not the best we've ever had but it was good wedding food. Recommend the chicken over the steak since the stuffing in the chicken kept it moist.

The drinks were also phenomenal - we had them do the raspberry mojito, the margarita, the lemonade w. vodka, and whiskey and coke and people raved about not only the wines but also the drinks. Highly recommend.

135 guests @ 120/plate

Profile Picture Erica, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Specialty Wine

We recently got married at Mount Palomar this past July and I must say it was a dream wedding. The staff was on board with all my crazy ideas (lawn games, photo booth, cupcakes....) and helped to give us anything we needed. The space is unbeatable, from its sweeping views of other vineyards, to the sunsets at night, it is just gorgeous. We barely had to do much decorating in the venue space because it is surrounded by vines, roses, and market lights.

Both the Bridal and Grooms suites are large spaces, we fit all our parties, parents, grandparents, and even a few friends in them (and Palomar helped to stock the mini fridges with Palomar sparking wine!) It truly was a stress-free day because Palomar helped out so much with the set up.

The best part of working with Palomar is how inclusive it all is. It is one price which included the open bar and caterer (which is fantastic food!) We didn't have to scourer around looking for all the vendors. They made it easy which is so nice when planning a big wedding. Anyone thinking of Mount Palomar for their wedding, we highly recommend.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I loved everything about this venue. I wish there had been a little more flexibility with the catering option, but I have no complaints. To be fair, I had no time to eat at the wedding (so I have no idea what the food was like - but we had no complaints from guests), and even that's only because we were too busy having fun. Everyone was very professional and made things so smooth for us. We planned most of the wedding from out of state, and had no problems coordinating between our planner and the venue. Lauren was really helpful and responsive whenever needed.

Profile Picture Dominique, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Chairs, Tables, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We are glad that we had our wedding at Mt. Palomar Winery. All our family and friends both within the country and overseas enjoyed the wedding. The staff is friendly and very accommodative. They are very experienced, which enabled a very well managed event.

Profile Picture Shiva, 1/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While our wedding was small (less than 40), MPW staff went out of their way to be exceptional in customizing a wedding and reception that met our budget. We wanted a small yet sophisticated looking reception which is what we recieved. The barrel room was gorgeous and the food was delicious. The guests thoroughly enjoyed the winery, staff, and the abundance of food and libation. Since our reception, many of our guests have visited MPW on their own.

Profile Picture Vivianne, 8/19/12, 1 Review
4.7

After looking at several venues in the Temecula area my husband and I choose Mt. Palomar Winery. Not only are the grounds amazing but it was also very convenient having your venue, tables/chairs/linens, caterer and bar all included for one price.

The location itself has a few different areas for your wedding/reception that are isolated from the tasting room/main area. We really enjoyed this intimacy and the ability to take pictures without worrying about vineyard guests standing in the background. We also liked the fact that you are the only wedding on your special day so you don't need to feel rushed or in anyone's way.

The vineyard's staff are also great. Between the time we booked and our wedding day we tasted/visited the vineyard several times. Each time the sommeliers and tasting room staff greeted us warmly and many asked us how the planning was going. Although Lauren was the one who originally helped us, Sandy was a HUGE help as we got closer to the wedding. She was always very timely in getting back to us regarding last minute changes and was always so helpful in answering our questions. She also took great care of the wedding party on the day of and made sure my husband and I were always happy. Sandy was also very kind in dealing with our groomsmen who lost track of time on their way out.

My only complaints were that the business office was disorganized throughout the process and a high level event staff member was very rude to my mother at the end of my wedding when packing up the bridal suite. But other than that the wedding was amazing, the pictures at the venue are incredible and everyone had a great time!

Photo for Mount Palomar Winery Review - A view from the path your guests will see walking in.
Profile Picture Nikki, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables
4.7

Beautiful venue with stunning vineyard views!! We had an amazing wedding at Mount Palomar and our guests were very impressed!

Profile Picture dilyana, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.7

Lauren and Cassie and the rest of the staff at Mount Palomar Winery really helped to make our wedding day the most beautiful day of our lives. Both Lauren and Cassie were there to help make sure all our tedious DIY favors and decorations, etc. made it to their proper places, as well as making sure that all our outside vendors were informed and looped in on the happenings of the day as well. This was a HUGE help as I didn't have a wedding planner or day of coordinator! Throughout the day, both Lauren and Cassie were there to make sure my husband and I had our drinks refilled and to make sure everything was going off without a hitch. They were instrumental and we couldn't have done it with out them! On top of it all, they are both so sweet and genuine and make you feel like you're a part of the Mount Palomar Family. :) And the venue itself is just stunning! We got married August 22, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect that day - which is great since we were having an all outdoor wedding! I highly recommend doing the reception outside as well (although their barrel room is gorgeous!) because it doesn't get much more beautiful or picture perfect than this place! The bistro lights sparkle so wonderfully as the sun is starting to set and on into the evening... It's all just so magical! And it goes with out saying that the wine is PHENOMENAL! You get to choose 4 wines for the day of, and you really can't go wrong! We had so much fun choosing our wines and went back for many tastings throughout the wedding planning processes. If you're lucky, you'll have Kevin or Taylor helping you out and pouring your wine tastings - both of them are so sweet and were a HUGE help to us :) All in all, everything and everyone at Mount Palomar are top notch and it was the absolute best decision for our wedding venue. We have since become wine club members and are just so happy to be a part of this wonderful winery and the amazing people associated with it.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Recently got married at Mt Palomar winery and I am very pleased with how everything turned out. The staff were extremely professional and helpful from day one and always worked hard to meet our needs. I am so thankful for everything that they did. The space is gorgeous and provides many great opportunities for photos. Pricing is very competitive and it comes with a large number of perks and services, which made us feel very comfortable throughout the planning process.

People were raving about the wedding and the property and staff were a huge part of that. I would recommend this winery to anyone looking for a wonderful venue in the Temecula area!

Profile Picture Nathan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking

We had our wedding on 5/27/17 and it was such a beautiful and well organized event! The staff is so attentive, especially on the day of. I'm so glad they had a coordinator because I was too busy trying to enjoy myself to think about anything else. My whole family was surprised at how beautiful the venue is. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture jacqueline, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres
4.3

The team at Mount Palomar Winery was exceptional! Everyone did an amazing job to make sure that the entire day was perfect. My own wedding coordinator failed tremendously if it wasn't for Lauren Shields and her staff the day wouldn't have a happy ending. The amount of details that went into our special day and how everything came together is all because of her and her team. We are so happy that we decided to get married at Mount Palomar Winery. The food and the wine was better than we expected. Highly recommend this venue and the team that puts it all together.

Sincerely,

Anya and Bruce Springer

Profile Picture Anya, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
3.1

this staff was amazing, courteous and professional. The location, ceremony and reception was beautiful! our contract included rehearsal dinner at shortys the evening before wedding date. hours before our rehearsal dinner, we received a phone call informing us shortys would be closed at 5 p.m. rehearsal dinner cancelled! This phone call came from Lauren.we signed a contract April of 2012 they have plenty of time to notify us of changes. the day of the wedding my husband noticed the owner complaining to our photographer about leaving the door open to the men's dressing room whilel he was taking pictures and also complaining about having to turn on the AC in the ladies dressingroom. Thank you for allowing us to share our experiences.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mia, 9/27/12, 1 Review
2.5

PROS:
The wine is very good.
The pre-wedding bridal/groom suits were very nice.
The wedding ceremony spot was very pretty.
Great bartenders
CONS:
The wedding coordinator said there would be no plastic however there were plasic forks, cups and plates during the cocktail hour. Styrofoam cups for coffee at reception. The sauces on the table were in plasic bowls accompanied with plastic spoons.

They told me they would set up everything, anything I had I was to photograph and leave description as to how it was to be decorated. There was also a layout of reception they asked me to fill out and label table numbers, cake table, coffee area, dj area, etc. They ignored my layout and put everything incorrectly. They also messed up the table numbers so there was no table 9, so the whole table didn't know where to sit and ended up using a different table that was right by the sweatheart table where family were suppose to sit :/. dj in wrong place. overall overly frustrating.
Also my groomsman and bridesmaids ended up setting up the ceremony area.

The staff had also reassured me ahead of time that I would not need to make any signs for the wedding day as they will be providing signs so guest would not get lost. The sign said event 1 on it.. nothing about a wedding or who's wedding. and it was computer paper. if i would have known how poorly they would have done something I would have put forth the money so my guest would not get lost... which they did.

I also asked them to move the guest book from ceremony to reception, this was notably done after all guests were in the reception location so no one ended up signing the guest book at the reception.
The caterer was a big problem. We went to the tasting and the food looked completely different. on the day of the wedding there were no bread as requested. cuts of meat were terrible. and sizes were miniscule. overall huge disappointment and embarrassment.
I spent too much money on the service I received.

Profile Picture User3820169, 2+ years ago, 1 Review