Mótus Films Reviews

36 | San Diego, CA

36 Reviews for Mótus Films

Haley · Married on 07/14/2018

Motus were absolutely fantastic. Very polite and professional, Ryan and Fran were a pleasure to deal with both before and during the wedding.

They told us beforehand that their style was to remain in the background and that we would hardly know they were there. Well, Motus certainly accomplished that and still produced some fantastic footage in the process of our very special day.

Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Brandie · Married on 10/02/2016

The best decision of our wedding planning was deciding on a wedding videographer. I researched many styles and varieties of what was available but I was blown away by Motus films! Ryan & Fran do such an incredible job at capturing the most important parts of your wedding and seeing both angles makes it so much more special. I fell in love with our wedding video because I could re live the day over and over again. They are truly talented and go above and beyond at weddings. Highly recommend their services!!! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/24/2016

We finally just watched our wedding video from July and it is absolutely beautiful. Motus Films did two weddings my husband was a groomsmen in, and they came highly recommended. After looking at their work we were sold. We even got a 5% discount for the referral. From the beginning Ryan and Fran were enthusiastic, supportive, and super helpful. When it came to payments, music deadlines, and timelines they were on it. They even gave us a list of recommendations for music.

The day of the wedding they were punctual and professional. They stood back as the photographer took action. They were extremely easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable.

Ok, now, the film! The highlights video is so perfect. Ryan and Fran allowed us to view the video prior to completion and add comments of anything we wanted to add/adjust. There was barely anything we wanted to change - the original was that good. The documentary film is breathtaking. The quality of the film is spot on. The cuts are exactly what I would've chosen. The overall storyline is carefully thought out. We waited so long to watch it so our family could all be together. Now that we've watched it I can't wait to watch it again! We plan to recommend Motus Films to all of our future friends and family.

Thanks Ryan and Fran!!!!

Danielle and Jonathan

Sent on 01/02/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 05/28/2016

We didn't even look elsewhere when deciding on our videographer - my cousin used Motus Films at her wedding and we fell in love with their work. Ryan & Fran are such a great couple and so talented - one thing that most people asked was "did you have a videographer at the wedding" because they never encroached on your space and you didn't even know they were filming so everything was truly candid.

We had the opportunity to work with Ryan & Fran prior to our wedding as we shot a "Love Story", which I recommend that everyone does. It is a video (in lieu of a boring picture slideshow) that is somewhat of an interview and tells the story of how we met - it gives the guests a glimpse into our relationship and more meaningful to people - everyone loved it.

When we shot our love story, Ryan & Fran were wonderful and did all of the work to make the video perfect. They were also willing to take a tour of our venue which most videographers would not offer to do.

We received our highlight video within 2 months and it was everything and more than I could have ever imagined.

I truly recommend them!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Sheldon · Married on 12/27/2015

We had the privilege of having Motus Films shoot our wedding on December 27th 2015. My wife and I could'nt be happier with the highlight video and documentary edit they provided us! Everything from the actual video, to the cover that it came in, is high quality. You can tell they put lots of time and effort into what they do. Our wedding was the happiest day of our lives and Motus Films was able to capture it perfectly. I eagerly have shared the highlight video with friends, family and coworkers and all have been extremely impressed with how well it was put together. A few have even cried while watching it. I would strongly recommend Motus Films to anyone in the Southern California area....you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Siera · Married on 10/02/2015

To be honest, I was fortunate to have vendor luck in that all vendors apart of my wedding were amazing; however, Motus Films Videography is the one vendor I am most proud of. I am so grateful to have a highlight and documentary video to look back on, to view moments I didn't remember or wasn't able to see and to share with family and friends. I have received endless amounts of compliments that my highlight video is the best they have ever seen- for some, even topping their own wedding video! I appreciate how professional yet personable Ryan and Francesca are at Motus Films. They are quick to respond to emails, pay attention to detail, adhere to requests for the video and are easy to work with!
    My best friend married in 2014 and completed extensive research when booking for a videographer and chose Motus Films! To be honest, even though I was a bridesmaid, I didn't know a videographer was even at the wedding until she asked us to watch the video! Motus Films is great at capturing every moment while not standing out! I didn't hesitate at all when booking a videographer. I knew it was them. My best friend and I continue to refer friends to Motus Films.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Chris · Married on 06/13/2015

Ryan and Fran did our wedding back in June and we couldn't be happier that we picked them to film our special day. We clicked from the get-go when we met them for drinks. They shot everything while staying pretty much invisible and worked seamlessly with our photographers. The end result Blu Ray made the new Mrs. cry as well as both mothers, so the results speak for themselves. They were great!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Allison · Married on 06/06/2015

Ryan and Fran not only gave us a great price, but the output was great! We got a short clip that was easy to send to everyone, a couple minute clip that was great for those that couldn't attend, and the full video. We loved it.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Maria · Married on 05/30/2015

I am extremely happy that my husband and I chose Motus Films to capture our wedding day. Working with Ryan and Fran was a dream. After watching several videos from other videographers there is no comparison. The quality of video that Motus Films delivers is hands down the best. They were great to work with and very professional. On my wedding day Ryan and Fran were prompt did a beautiful job capturing our special day. We have many of our friends and family rave about how amazing our wedding video is. Their work is worth every penny. Priceless creations. Thank you so much Ryan and Fran.
    Regards,
    Maria and Henry Castillo

Sent on 12/28/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/25/2015

Ryan and Fran are AMAZING! When we first sat down with them we instantly knew they were the ones we wanted to capture our wedding. They were very professional and we felt comfortable. Like they were old friend. They were also very accomodating when last minute (night before) I decided to do a first look. Yikes!
    Our video is beautiful and my in laws throw it on for EVERY party. Thank you Motus Films for capturing are beautiful day! Love Danielle and Tom

Sent on 11/24/2015

Mark · Married on 09/28/2014

You spend many months preparing and saving for a wedding, but it is a moment in time that is gone in an instant. On the advice of a friend, we did take a couple of moments at the wedding to stop, look around, and take it all in. Now, thanks to the unsurpassed work of Ryan and Francesca, we can relive these precious moments for many years into the future. Many friends and family who could not attend commented on how incredibly professional our wedding video was. Every special moment was captured in a style that would make Hollywood stand up and take notice. Clearly, this is not just a job for Francesca and Ryan. They are passionate about what they do, and their creativity sets them apart. Their ideas are great!! Like the groomsmen running alongside the car. A simple idea, but wonderfully unique. Now we can laugh and enjoy it! Motus Films thank you very much!!!! You are the best!

Mark & Lydia Henshall

Sent on 12/28/2014
  • Q

Quynh · Married on 05/25/2014

We couldn't have been any happier with Ryan's and Francesca's amazing work. They made the magical feeling of our special day come to life. Their work is very professional, with clear and beautiful shots, great sound quality, and excellent editing. During the initial planning stages, it seemed advisable to invest more in photography than in videography because the video wouldn't be viewed very often. Our experience has been the exact opposite. We can't get enough of our highlight video. My friends and family are raving about how great our video is and how it brought a lot of them to tears. Ryan will work with your budget, so we highly recommend the investment because it's well worth it.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Maggie · Married on 05/18/2014

My husband and I are 52 years old and were looking for a videographer that would be like a fly on the wall and just capture the event as it was and not orchestrate the event. The job that Ryan and his partner did was fantastic. The guests didn't even notice that they were there. I have a 2 hour video of our wedding that is perfect, it's like watching a movie. I definitely recommend Motus films. Working with them was so easy, I didn't need to tell them to take care of anything....they just knew what to do and did a great job.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Choosing Motus Films as our Wedding Videographer was the best decision we could have made. Ryan and Francesca were very professional and easy to work with. The quality of there work is beyond amazing. We watched our highlight clip a million times over on our honeymoon and we can't stop showing people our documentary video. We actually don't call it our wedding video but our movie! They did such a brilliant job at putting everything together from that one special day. Every time we watch our "movie" we feel as though we are reliving our wedding day. What more can you ask for? Thank you Ryan and Francesca for capturing our wedding day so perfectly and allowing us to relive that day for years to come! ~ Taylor and Breann Osborn 4-18-14

Sent on 08/22/2014

Tiffany · Married on 03/22/2014

I can not praise this fantastic husband-wife dream team enough! They were professional, timely, and fun. My fiance and I chose to do a "Love Story" segment prior to the wedding to play at the reception... Motus combined various pictures of our childhood and dating with pieces of interviews (answering questions like: How did you meet? When did you know he was the one? What do you love most about him? et.) It was a HUGE hit at the wedding! It came out beautifully and really captured our personality and love for one another. The wedding day itself also went off great. Ryan went with the boy and his wife went with the girls. They captured incredible footage and my highlight video brings me to tears every time I watch it-- in a good way of course. Their work speaks for itself--- if you are looking for a professional duo, who communicates quickly and has a great "eye" AND at a great price point-- pick MOTUS FILMS! You can thank me later :)

Sent on 05/16/2014
  • Belle

Belle · Married on 02/22/2014

Ryan and his team are nothing short of magic makers. Unsure that we wanted a videographer, watching Ryan's past highlight videos immediately changed our minds. Our highlight video has gotten so much amazing feedback, that other brides have begun asking who we used. They were able to capture things in the most non obtrusive way. Mótus Films is professional, considerate, kind, accommodating and most of all, amazingly creative. The shots and framing will blow your mind. These aren't home movies made with hand held cameras, these are your memories captured exactly as they felt on the day of your wedding. If there is a question in your mind on if you should choose Ryan and his team, put it away and give them a call.

Thank you so much for everything, we are so happy with what we've seen!
    Belle & Scott Taylor

Sent on 04/05/2014

Davina · Married on 11/08/2013

I would give them 20 stars if I could! Main things: Prompt, HIGH HIGH QUALITY, Friendly and Creative.There were two things we wanted to splurge on for the wedding: photographer and videographer, and boy we glad we did! Ryan and Francesca were so unbelievably flexible, professional, thoughtful, and creative. The whole time we watched our videos we thought "We know they were there, here's the evidence! But...we don't recall seeing them that much during the whole ordeal." They were THAT good....it was like they were invisible! We felt so comfortable and they were able to film EVERYTHING we wanted from our special day. We're so glad that we hired them; they captured the wonder, the love, and the great memories from the day, both touching and hilarious. Would definitely recommend them to anyone, and we would love to work with them again. The quality of the work is impeccable, they're so easy to work with and great with communication, they are prompt with final products, and we can't say enough how amazing they are.

Sent on 12/29/2013
  • Danielyn

Danielyn · Married on 08/03/2013

The best same day edit we've ever seen! Ryan and Fran are so nice, and professional! Everyone loved the Same Day Edit at the reception! They also were so flexible in scheduling our interviews and meetings they communicate really well. They didn't mind the last minute rescheduling the day of and was such a pleasure to work with. Their quality of work is impeccable! I have no complaints, affordable and also quality is what you'll get with Motus Films! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Kyle · Married on 07/02/2013

Ryan and his crew did a phenomenal job with our videography for a special day at Disneyland. He worked very well with our photographer and got all the shots we asked for and more. Motus films was exceptional when it came to communicating. They over delivered and under promised. The quality and attention to detail is amazing and we could not say enough and give enough praise to Motus Films. Thank you guys so much for capturing our wonderful day on film and being a great addition to our wedding day!
    -Kyle & Crystal

Sent on 08/22/2013

alison · Married on 06/15/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Motus Films and I highly recommend you use them to capture your wedding day!! I randomly found Ryan and his lovely wife on the internet when I viewed another video, and immediately I knew I wanted Ryan to capture my wedding day!!. He is amazing at editing and I am so happy with my videos...

Sent on 02/02/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/08/2013

Ryan and Francesca were an AMAZING team to work with. Communication was great and they answered any questions I had throughly and in a timely manner. They live a few hours from where our venue was and they showed up a little earlier than i expected which put my mind at ease! Most importantly, the work they do is unbelievable! My husband and I were so thrilled when we saw the video and could re-live our wedding day. The video is very high quality and they capture all the special moments perfectly! They also did a wonderful job on a slideshow for our reception! I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 08/02/2013

sarah · Married on 04/28/2013

The video that Motus films did was the highlight at the reception!! They captured all the perfect moments at the wedding and had everyone laughing and crying!! I would highly recommend Motus films for anyone who wants to look back and remember all the highlights of their special day! Thank you Motus films!!!!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Jared · Married on 04/20/2013

Motus did such a great job documenting both our engagement and our special wedding day. we love both the videos so much! Ryan and Francesca were both great to work with and helped make us feel natural in front of the camera. I would recommend using Motus to any of my friends on their special day.

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • Gen

Gen · Married on 04/07/2013

Ryan and his wife Francesca are soooo incredibly talented! They really captured the essence of our big day in such a wonderful way! We are so incredibly happy with our videos and the overall experience working with Motus Films. My husband and I would sincerely recommend them to anyone and go as far as to say that they are the best videographer's in San Diego.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Liz · Married on 10/13/2012

Motus Films were wonderful! they were affordable and professional, with a modern eye. Motus drew our attention first off from the others, cause they're video styles wernt old or dated but youthful and fun, like us, a young, happy, soon to be married! theyre film references looked like the videos you aspire to have off of wedding websites, rather then the dated, older, more traditional capture.

As a couple who knows what we want, we were able to meet with ryan before hand, and discuss our visions for what we wanted. they were able to be flexible with us and provide additional features that wernt necessarily on the website.

they also kept in email contact with us, including the night before so I didnt have to worry if they would show up. with the communication we were also able to send them a set of venues we would be meeting at and as professionals they were able to meet us at every one.

the day of the wedding, they showed up on time, got the perfect shots, and were able to keep to themselves and not get in the way of brides and bridesmaids scrambling to get ready. they captures all the perfect moments and the DVDs we received we willl cherish. we couldn't be happier with the quality, and selections we received and even before hand, sent us a copy of the DVD which we were able to make any changes needed (scene selection, song choice, etc)

we are definatly going to recommend them to any other people we know getting married. after bridal bizzars, tons of research and email inquires, Motus films are the best quality, price, and are both very sweet to work with!

Sent on 02/19/2013